• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dat latest fan-made poster! Best one yet! :D

b4bb2jS.jpg

It shall proudly be my new mobile wallpaper.
There's an alternate version of this one and more here and here.

Personally, these are my favourites:

dabig2

Alright guys, GotG is of course on its way to making bank and you all (me included) were right about it. However I caution everyone not to go too overboard with it. You'll just create a situation where people here will irrationally hate on the movie despite its success and critical acclaim because of its overzealous fanbase (it'll happen anyways but just in larger quantities). See: Frozen, every Nolan movie past BB, Naughty Dog games, Bronies, USA soccer, X championship team in Y sport, etc.

Not saying to hold off on hosting a feast of crows here next Sunday afternoon, but everything in moderation.

Neoxon

Alright guys, GotG is of course on its way to making bank and you all (me included) were right about it. However I caution everyone not to go too overboard with it. You'll just create a situation where people here will irrationally hate on the movie despite its success and critical acclaim because of its overzealous fanbase (it'll happen anyways but just in larger quantities). See: Frozen, every Nolan movie past BB, Naughty Dog games, Bronies, USA soccer, X championship team in Y sport, etc.

Not saying to hold off on hosting a feast of crows here next Sunday afternoon, but everything in moderation.
Agreed.

Let's keep it classy, GuardiansGAF.....but please, serve the crow that deserves to be served.

TEJ

Agreed.

Let's keep it classy, GuardiansGAF.....but please, serve the crow that deserves to be served.

Okay, okay, I will keep my hype in check.

but when I see the movie, I can't promise that I won't have this big goofy grin on my face.

McBryBry

I just thought you all should know, since we enjoy the Marvelverse. Robot Chicken just did a special about their created Strawberry Shortcake character.
Bitch Puddin'.
At the end, Bitch Puddin' got picked up by Nick Fury.
Bitch Puddin' is played by Katee Sackoff.

MSMARVELCONFIRMED

Quick

Banned
I finally convinced a buddy to see this with me. It is a slow process but I'll turn more (most of my friends dont follow these kind of movies)

A number of my friends give me a puzzled look when I mention GOTG. But I already have a few people coming with me anyway.

It's basically "Who?!" IRL

There's an alternate version of this one and more here and here.

Personally, these are my favourites:

gofg_web3.png
guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg

HNNNNNNNNNNNG! I haven't seen a lot of those posters. Some of them are seriously amazing.

Meh, that's completely unavoidable when a movie becomes a huge hit regardless of the fanbase.

v1lla21

I've also sold my cousin from Seattle on Guardians through the extended trailer & the 5-minute preview.
Star-Lord is most pleased.

Didn't have to sell my cousins for the movie. The day I went to go see Cap 2 I had stopped at my aunt's house to take a quick shower because it was closer to my work. As I was about to leave, my cousin Adiel approaches me and starts begging me to take him with me. I couldn't bring him with me because I didn't have another ticket and the showing was sold out. So he wouldn't cry, I told him I'd take him to see GotG when it came out.

I saw him for the first time again a week and a half ago when he came to my house for dinner. The last thing he said to me before he left was, "tato, remember that you said you were going to take me to see guardians of the galaxy on August 1st." My aunt told me he has a calendar marking the days down. Wait till he and his brother find out we are actually going on the 31st!

When it comes to avatars someone should make Star Lords helmet to stick on everyone’s face.

Similar to how everyone had a red beanie on for Infamous: Second Son before it was released.

TEJ

Most friends I have talked to about the movie with, already knew about it and will be seeing it. but then again, I hang out with people who are definitely passionate about games and movies, in the best kind of way {they're very down to earth}

Still at 25 reviews!? Damn! When is 26th coming? The suspense is killing me.

Anyways updated the list again. Some crazy (and mathematically impossible) predictions

GOTG RT PICKS - FIRST ROTTEN REVIEW

iboRic61CM2UHY.png

Reviews counted so far: 25

Picks:

BLACKLAC and RedStep - 26
Fireblend - 27
CreeperBlocks - 28
Chezzymann and sappyday - 29
Neoxon - 30
Div3x and BY2K - 31
Ravijn - 32
superdeluxe and kris. - 33
bananafactory - 34
hydruxo - 35
Gawge and Sesha - 36
Not The Droid and kmfdmpig AND SmackAttack - 37
mugurumakensei and Tricky I Shadow - 38
v1lla21 - 39
Backwards Marathon
enzo_gt - 41
Dai101 - 42
piratepwnsninja - 43
reddmyst - 44
Yrael - 45
Laguna X - 49
Quick - 50
Symphonic - 64

Kettch - Never. No rotten reviews. Guardians of the Galaxy will be the GOAT.
TEJ - No rotten reviews and somehow the RT meter will overload to 101%, at minimum

v1lla21

I bet the first one to be rotten will be from a person just doing it for the hits since the movie is doing well with critics.

I bet the first one to be rotten will be from a person just doing it for the hits since the movie is doing well with critics.

Michelle Alexandria - the critic who considers The Lego Movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Inception and Wreck-It-Ralph rotten, but gives a fresh rating to all 4 Transformers, 3 Twilight movies, Catwoman and After Earth!

Oh and this is the only critic to give a fresh review to Alone in the Dark (1 fresh, 116 rotten). It might be her LOL, not that her opinion means absolutely anything anyway, but you just no she'll more than likely ruin the 100%.

Michelle Alexandria - the critic who considers The Lego Movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Inception and Wreck-It-Ralph rotten, but gives a fresh rating to all 4 Transformers, 3 Twilight movies, Catwoman and After Earth!

Oh and this is the only critic to give a fresh review to Alone in the Dark (1 fresh, 116 rotten). It might be her LOL, not that her opinion means absolutely anything anyway, but you just no she'll more than likely ruin the 100%.
Is this Michelle from the Bizzarro world? Lego Movie rotten is just a paradox.

Wow, just wow.

Why would RT want her reviews?

Gawge

The days are dragging!!!

Also, the first 2D showing on Thursday isn't while 3pm for me! (Not really a 3D fan)

(Oooga Chaka)

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

who cares let them hate , wont ever understand why they waste their time hating something thats subjective entertainment.

Advance screenings now in Australia. Yay! I might be able to see this Friday night after all. Have to see it in 3D though, which I'm not a fan of.

Top Bottom