• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

J10

Banned
There it is

RT quote: "The film is terribly overstuffed and many of the jokes get drowned out by the special effects."

This is pretty blatantly false. The film is pretty lean and the vast majority of the jokes are written into the quieter scenes.

And honestly if I'm gonna get on my fanboy shit, the midcredits scene alone is worth a fresh review.

Wurst

Guys. I watched it.

10/10.

It was amazing. I laughed, I cried, I was excited, I laughed some more. Definitely very different than other Marvel films, in the sense that it doesn't quite feel like a superhero movie and you don't have glorious amazing heroes. The moment it becomes too serious is the moment they just cover it with pure humor and it works perfectly.

Great soundtrack too. It's stuck in my head.

P.S.: Holy shit Zoe Saldana is so hot. Very skinny, which usually really doesn't do it for me, but DAT ASS.

Yes!! This week is going to be glorious with all your impressions coming in! I'm in such a good faith Marvel will deliver for everyone.

I'm also going to hate you all for seeing the after credits scene

marrec

Banned
There it is

RT quote: "The film is terribly overstuffed and many of the jokes get drowned out by the special effects."

Hmm... the rest of the Review seems extremely positive:

"Yet "Guardians of the Galaxy," a 3-D space opera about a ragtag crew of mercenaries, is Marvel's most irreverent film yet, and has a welcome, slightly self-mocking tone that dares to suggest intergalactic battles over orbs might actually be a tad silly."

That sounds like exactly what I want. Guess the comedy just didn't work for that reviewer.

I'm gonna repost this since it was on the last page.

We should play a game where we guess when the first rotten review will come in (shut up we know it will happen.

I'm saying the 34th.

WILL UPDATE AS MORE REVIEWS COME IN

iboRic61CM2UHY.png

Currently at: 25

Picks:

BLACKLAC and RedStep - 26
Fireblend - 27
CreeperBlocks - 28
Chezzymann and sappyday - 29
Neoxon - 30
Div3x and BY2K - 31
Ravijn - 32
superdeluxe and kris. - 33
bananafactory - 34
hydruxo - 35
Gawge and Sesha - 36
Not The Droid and kmfdmpig AND SmackAttack - 37
mugurumakensei and Tricky I Shadow - 38
v1lla21 - 39
Backwards Marathon
enzo_gt - 41
Dai101 - 42
piratepwnsninja - 43
reddmyst - 44
Yrael - 45
Laguna X - 49
Quick - 50
Symphonic - 64

Kettch - Never. No rotten reviews. Guardians of the Galaxy will be the GOAT.
TEJ - No rotten reviews and somehow the RT meter will overload to 101%, at minimum

I guess i'm the bringer of bad news

It's obviously a corporate initiative from higher up since it's touching every division of Disney/Marvel, really. If I had to guess, execs saw early cuts of the movie and realized they may have something big on their hands. Gunn brought the heat here it seems.

It's all coming in really late to the game, so I bet they realized they could have something monstrous about 3-4 months ago. Kind of the reverse of John Carter/Lone Ranger, where those didn't really get much marketing in the week or so leading up since they realized they were boned.

Guardians OW keeps going up, up, up in terms of tracking. This marketing push has to be helping.

They really are. It feels like it all came out of nowhere too, oddly enough. Like everything just started ramping up on Friday

Yeah I mean I was shocked when they announced Thor 3 writers and Cap 3 directors right after those movies came out. To go ahead and announce the GOTG sequel before the movie is even out is pretty damn confident - but they have the capacity to do the research and they probably feel really good about the movie internally.

Not to mention GOTG2 is probably an integral part of their Phase 3 plans and it was going to come regardless of whether the first movie was just a minor success or a resounding one.

Koriandrr

Yes!! This week is going to be glorious with all your impressions coming in! I'm in such a good faith Marvel will deliver for everyone.

I'm also going to hate you all for seeing the after credits scene

.........What after-credit scene? There isn't one :(

I just watched that old Bradley Cooper interview about Rocket Raccoon's accent again, and I'm wondering now just how close we came to a Cockney Rocket. Don't get me wrong, his final voice sounds great, but I've gotta wonder.

What would that even sound like coming out of Cooper.

Koriandrr

but guys, film isn't coming out in the US for 2 months.
Are you sure we'll get that special after-credit scene this Thursday?

According to James Gunn (Writer & Director) on his Facebook page “There will be a little something special at the very end of the movie. Very special. But that’s all I can say about it. I’m not sure we’re even going to have it at the premiere so it’s not spoiled online for everyone seeing the film opening night.”.

but guys, film isn't coming out in the US for 2 months.
Are you sure we'll get that special after-credit scene this Thursday?

According to James Gunn (Writer & Director) on his Facebook page “There will be a little something special at the very end of the movie. Very special. But that’s all I can say about it. I’m not sure we’re even going to have it at the premiere so it’s not spoiled online for everyone seeing the film opening night.”.

They're not going to do different prints for Thursday and Friday/onward, so I'd assume so.

Also, something's up in Denmark here. They didn't hide the Avengers one. They didn't hide the Cap 2 one. Why hide this one?

...Could it be announcing a movie?

Koriandrr

They're not going to do different prints for Thursday and Friday/onward, so I'd assume so.

Also, something's up in Denmark here. They didn't hide the Avengers one. They didn't hide the Cap 2 one. Why hide this one?

I bet it's Age of Ultron tease.

Or someone That isn't Black Panther or Doctor Strange. Who knows really.

Credits scene possibilities (I don't care what Gunn or Feige have said):

- (Richard Rider) Nova
- Age of Ultron trailer/teaser scene
- Captain Marvel
- Doctor Strange
- Black Panther

Tucah

you speak so well

Nova, with the reveal of the actor playing Rider!

I don't see it being AoU, that doesn't really need anything.

Or Dr. Strange/Black Panther, tbh.

I could totally see it being Nova or Captain Marvel. Those would make people flip the fuck out, especially if they cast someone in complete secret somehow. It'd also kind of explain the middling Comic-Con

Koriandrr

- (Richard Rider) Nova
- Captain Marvel
- Doctor Strange
- Black Panther

"James Gunn Confirms AVENGERS: AOU SDCC Footage is NOT the GOTG After Credits Scene"

So it's either Deadpool or Ant Man, since that's coming out next.

Now imagine Deadpool vs Rocket. Priceless. :D

TEJ

"James Gunn Confirms AVENGERS: AOU SDCC Footage is NOT the GOTG After Credits Scene"

So it's either Deadpool or Ant Man, since that's coming out next.

Now imagine Deadpool vs Rocket. Priceless. :D

deadpool is owned by fox for the movie rights, sorry

I'm having a total mind-blank. Has every MCU movie except IM3 teased the next movie? It wouldn't be unprecedented, but maybe GOTG doesn't have a AOU teaser. I sure hope it does though :(

Wurst

- (Richard Rider) Nova
- Captain Marvel
- Doctor Strange
- Black Panther

!!!! Movie Ending Spoiler !!!!
How
would Richard Rider fit when there's no Nova force at all? I can see it being related to The Collector and the explosion. Cosmo talking? Adam Warlock hatching?
!!!! Movie Ending Spoiler !!!!

Top Bottom