• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Sorry if asked before, but what's with that THANOS DIES thread that keeps changing title? I saw a quick glance of the OP, but I bailed out to not risk any spoilers.

Ithil

Sorry if asked before, but what's with that THANOS DIES thread that keeps changing title? I saw a quick glance of the OP, but I bailed out to not risk any spoilers.

It was a thread saying "first look at Thanos in GOTG". People started whining about "spoilers" that Thanos is in the film even though he's in it from early on and it's been widely promoted that he's in it. So mods are messing with the thread title now.

number11

Hey guys, I know this is rated PG-13, but how hard a rating is it? My 6 y/o nephew saw a commercial and is begging me to take him to this, lol.

The violence is no worse than previous Marvel films.. If you're worried about language, then they do say shit, dick, ass etc a few times.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The violence is no worse than previous Marvel films.. If you're worried about language, then they do say shit, dick, ass etc a few times.

Eh language isn't a huge deal. As long as the violence isn't too bad and there's not a lot of sexual content, I'll take him next week.

I mean he's seen me play Halo so I know it wouldn't really have an effect on him. Just being careful.

Very good movie. Fun, with good action and Racoon. I only saw Iron Man 1 and 2 of the Marvel films, but Guardians is definetly better. Will rewatch it once it hits iTunes.
Humor is good, but not as good as in other action-comedies, like Bad Boys II or Rush Hour.
8/10. This and Calvary are the best movies i saw this year.
Now I'm going to watch all other Marvel films.

Tobor

Very good movie. Fun, with good action and Racoon. I only saw Iron Man 1 and 2 of the Marvel films, but Guardians is definetly better. Will rewatch it once it hits iTunes.
Humor is good, but not as good as in other action-comedies, like Bad Boys II or Rush Hour.
8/10. This and Calvary are the best movies i saw this year.
Now I'm going to watch all other Marvel films.

All movies should be judged by the amount of raccoon.

Also middle finger in this scene wasn't blurred for me.

tumblr_n18a03gNTI1rk2xpdo5_400.gif

Is it blurred only in trailer?

Eh language isn't a huge deal. As long as the violence isn't too bad and there's not a lot of sexual content, I'll take him next week.

I mean he's seen me play Halo so I know it wouldn't really have an effect on him. Just being careful.

There's some swearing, but nothing absurd or obscene.

There's some innuendo but it will, shall we say, fly over his head.

Sexual content is pretty much non-existent aside from the aforementioned innuendo.

Violence is animated and there's little blood.

Loomba

For people that have seen the movie:

What is the song that is playing on the walkman when Peter is a kid waiting in the hospital before going in to see his mother?

Gowans

Just got back from seeing this and it was AMAZING, best Marvel film to date.

Just PERFECT! The cinema was laughing all the way through.

I took the MRs and she loved it, said it's one of her favourite films now.

This is what I imagine seeing Star Wars for the first time in the cinema was like, it was a fantastic experience start to send, I have no idea how they pulled it off but WOW.

I feel like one of the few people that didn't love TWS. I thought it was good, not great. It has to be in the top Marvel films since it's just objectively better than Cap1 and both Thor movies. I enjoyed IM2 more personally but I liked IM2 far more than most people.

I watched it but just never got into the action. The Nick Fury road scene was out fucking standing but the rest of the movie didn't pull me in or make me feel any intensity. I thought Bucky was not used enough in a movie with his name on it. Oh well.

Just from the preview of GOTG, I forgot I was watching a movie and just got sucked in.

I'm leaving work now. I have to finish some business at the house and then I have to make it to the bar before 7 so I can get some pinball in before the crowds show up. Movie at 10:15 tonight

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thor 1 and Captain America 1 are both movies I wouldn't mind if I never saw them again (mind you I never saw Thor 2). That's not too say I hate them just that they didn't resonate with me. Generally speaking origin stories are usually my least favorite superhero movies. However, when I walked out of Guardians I could've rewatched it immediately.

Good to know!

My ranking; IM1=Cap2>Avengers>GOTG
Fun movie, just don't go in expecting to see those similarly intense moments in TWS and you'll enjoy the movie more.

My ranking..

Captain America 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers = Iron Man

Marvel definitely has a hit on their hands. The same way Iron Man turned A list when the movie came out, I can see the same thing happening with GOTG.

If we're doing MCU rankings I'd say my top 3 are now:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
Winter Solider / Iron Man

Iron Man, The Avengers, and Cap 2 are the three best Marvel movies, so your rankings bode well for me liking GotG, I think.

Yen

Hey guys, loved the movie. What scene or scenes got the biggest laugh from you? For me it was
Quill's 'dance-off' in front of Ronan. It was absurd but Pratt sold it on every level. I actually couldn't breathe.

"This ship is filthy."
"It's a good thing she doesn't have a backlight...(cheesy grin)... it'd be like a Jackson Pollock painting!"

For me it's currently Avengers = IM1 > IM2 > TWS > Incred Hulk > Thor > Cap1 > IM3 > Thor2

I'm expecting GOTG to be above IM2 but below Avengers and Iron man

Rosur

Great film though still below Winter Solider for me my top 5 MCU films are now:

TWS > Avengers > GOTG > Cap 1 > Iron Man 1.

jett

D-Member
I tried to catch an early showing today and when I arrived it turned out they cancelled it.

What a bunch of a-holes.

There's too much blockbuster competition right now, betwen TF4, this and the apes. Most cinemas here are only showing a dubbed version GOTG, going to the theaters in my country is starting to become a real pain.

I really don't know what to say except that the film is absolutely fantastic, couldn't stop laughing throughout the whole thing.

Between this and Cap 2, Marvel are on a roll

Top Bottom