• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

I'm trying to ask this without seeing spoilers in the thread but I got a question.

Obviously it has a credits scene, but is it mid, or end? Or both?!
(If these are somehow different in countries, UK information please)

I'm trying to ask this without seeing spoilers in the thread but I got a question.

Obviously it has a credits scene, but is it mid, or end? Or both?!
(If these are somehow different in countries, UK information please)

GOTG SPOILERS IN TERMS OF EXPLANATION OF CREDIT SCENE EXISTENCE ONLY

All signs point to only one, and being at the very end of the credits. I will not explain what the scene is, obviously.

For those who watched it, the post-credit scene is after the first credits or is it after the whole credits?
Unfortunately, I'm going to watch it in September, that's when it releases in my country.

edit: beaten by A.D. Skinner.

alba

Little is the new Big
Today's the day, woohoo! :D

A tie between Avengers and Iron Man 1.

The humor in this blows anything Marvel has done before imo.

Oh boy, those are my two favs as well with IM1 edging Avengers a little bit, I couldn't possibly be more excited about this movie right about now.

TEJ

I know i'm in the minority but I really liked CA the first avenger. It felt like a really nifty retro throwback.

There is only one space Jesus and his name is not Burt Macklin.

8cWiPTQ.jpg

I so regret getting tickets for Friday. I want it NOW!

Syriel

GOTG SPOILERS IN TERMS OF EXPLANATION OF CREDIT SCENE EXISTENCE ONLY

All signs point to only one, and being at the very end of the credits. I will not explain what the scene is, obviously.

This is wrong.

There are two scenes. The second was not shown at any pre-release screenings. It was held for the official release.

Marvel has done this before so it's not a new thing.

This is wrong.

There are two scenes. The second was not shown at any pre-release screenings. It was held for the official release.

Marvel has done this before so it's not a new thing.

...No it is not. We have confirmation from people who have seen the official release. I know what scene you're thinking of, and that's pre-credits.

This discussion should be tabled though.

There is one post credit scene and it is right at the end of the credits. Thought it fit with the tone of the movie just right.

Regarding the film, I'm sat four hours after watching it and I'm still thinking about it and discussing with my brother. Going to see it again Sunday

I know i'm in the minority but I really liked CA the first avenger. It felt like a really nifty retro throwback.

Second best Marvel movie behind TWS. I haven't seen GOTG yet, though. For me, it's CA1>TWS>IM1>Avengers>Thor 2>IM3>Thor 1>TIH>IM2... I'm not forgetting any MCU movies am I?

The only thing I care about was the review - 'A fun space flick;

I can't remember when I last saw a fun space movie with action. All the sci-fi we've gotten in the last few years just feels so grim and dire.

Really excited for tonight. I don't want to have to show up 2 hours early but at the free preview I got there 45 minutes early and barely made it in. I have to try to get dead center on the Imax because it sucks to have to look at these screens sideways.

I doubt it but if anyone from Denver GAF is going to the show tonight on the 16th street mall, PM me. I'll buy a beer before the show.

number11

...No it is not. We have confirmation from people who have seen the official release. I know what scene you're thinking of, and that's pre-credits.

This discussion should be tabled though.

As the credit sequence takes place at the beginning of the movie, the scene your thinking of would have probably been the mid credit sequence. The film ends with the "the guardians of the galaxy will return" tag line and then the next scene happens.

As the credit sequence takes place at the beginning of the movie, the scene your thinking of would have probably been the mid credit sequence. The film ends with the "the guardians of the galaxy will return" tag line and then the next scene happens.

Yupyup! That's what I was thinking of. I don't think that should be counted as the mid-credit one because that's asking for trouble

kirblar

Thanks for that Fandango link.

One super-sick thing about the AMC stubs program I didn't realize- they count the full retail value towards your purchases, not just what you've paid in cash.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Yeah man everything about that movie was great... but it was hard to appreciate that song after the heartbreaking last line. "I had a date." Man, that's easily the most emotional part of the whole MCU so far.

The first time I saw CA1 both my gf and I looked at each other and smiled when he said that final line. It was such a fantastic way to end the movie. CA1 is one of my favorite Marvel movies, I've seen it probably a dozen times now and it's just a fun, adventurous good movie. Sure the fight montages in the middle could have been fleshed out more but it's really the only flaw I have with the whole movie.

Six hours until I see GotG now!!!

If I owned a Delorean I'd time travel up to 6:50 PM so I could see it sooner....

TEJ

Expect nothing less than greatness from the guy who composed the Back to the Future theme.

makes sense

the BTTF theme is in my top 5

top 5 favorite movie themes

1: Superman March by john williams

2: Halloween

3: Back to the Future

4: Jurassic Park

5: Star Trek The motion picture

Saw this last night. It blew me away. Hard to rank it but it's definitely one of the best Marvel movies.

As for the post-credit scenes,
there wasn't one despite almost everyone staying until the end (I should've known, since they did the same with Captain America 1).
And by pre-credits, do you mean the
dancing Groot scene?

Loomba

In the perfect middle waiting for it to start and a kid just came in sitting behind me that won't shut the fuck up.....

While I am super hyped for the movie, the (SPOILERS AND QUESTION ABOUT END CREDIT SCENES)
apparent lack of any lengthy credit scene is disappointing. So the Howard the Duck scene is the only true credits scene?

Cronen

Saw it a few hours ago! It was fan-fucking-tastic. Loved it!

While I am super hyped for the movie, the (SPOILERS AND QUESTION ABOUT END CREDIT SCENES)
apparent lack of any lengthy credit scene is disappointing. So the Howard the Duck scene is the only true credits scene?

.........................yes........................

Verendus

Banned
Saw it a few hours ago! It was fan-fucking-tastic. Loved it!
On a scale of good superhero movies from this universe being Iron Man and Avengers, and crap superhero movies from this universe being Thor 1/2, Iron Man 2, Captain America and Incredible Hulk, where would you rank it?

Does it rank up there with Iron Man/Avengers?

Gawge

I'm back!!!

Okay, it's super good!

Huge laughs all the way through, from the whole audience. Total love for all of the Guardians. The third act, which is often the weak-point of Marvel films, was really good and the bit where I really fell for the film.

YES!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Saw this last night. It blew me away. Hard to rank it but it's definitely one of the best Marvel movies.

As for the post-credit scenes,
there wasn't one despite almost everyone staying until the end (I should've known, since they did the same with Captain America 1).
And by pre-credits, do you mean the
dancing Groot scene?

There is a post credit scene. It sucks.

Gawge

On a scale of good superhero movies from this universe being Iron Man and Avengers, and crap superhero movies from this universe being Thor 1/2, Iron Man 2, Captain America and Incredible Hulk, where would you rank it?

Not directed at me, but:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
2. Winter Soldier
3. Avengers
4. Iron Man

Cronen

I probably rank this as my second favourite Marvel film, just lower than Avengers! Film had lots of laughs and lots of action. Such a big scale to the whole thing. Bring on the sequel!

I'm back!!!

Okay, it's super good!

Huge laughs all the way through, from the whole audience. Total love for all of the Guardians. The third act, which is often the weak-point of Marvel films, was really good and the bit where I really fell for the film.

YES!

Did your show get the post credit scene? I assume so, since it's a regular screening. Was there a mid credit scene?

Gawge

Did your show get the post credit scene? I assume so, since it's a regular screening. Was there a mid credit scene?

I did get post-credit scene.

re. if there was a mid-credit scene:
If you mean Groot dancing, yes. It's funny, got a lot of laughs. But it is "Guardians of the Galaxy will return" followed by Groot dancing scene, followed by long credits.

re. post-credits:
Nothing special, but you get to see a super cute dog in an astronaut costume again!

number11

My ranking..

Captain America 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers = Iron Man

Marvel definitely has a hit on their hands. The same way Iron Man turned A list when the movie came out, I can see the same thing happening with GOTG.

If you mean Groot dancing, yes. It's funny, got a lot of laughs. But it is "Guardians of the Galaxy will return" followed by Groot dancing scene, followed by long credits.

re. post-credits:
Nothing special, but you get to see a super cute dog in an astronaut costume again!

Welp.

re. post-credits:

.....Oh... well that's kinda disappointing. Unless there's something hidden in the post credits scene.

Top Bottom