• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffer

Yeah, figured it had something to do with that. As the only necro in my group that used deathly chill it was fine as it was, but I can see how multiples running into each other would cause problems.

It's just lame that something unique to the class and spec had to disappear. But it was obviously something that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

It makes Reaper only slightly more attractive than Soul Reaping for a condition build and that's mostly because it adds a useful Shroud. At least there's a handy golem to beat up and figure it out on now.

It's just a bunch of bugfixes and QoL improvements. If you stopped playing because of those, then sure - but if you wanted new content, there's none of that yet.

Well I have yet to buy HoT. So if it's worth it now, I might give it a shot. It just didn't seem worth it initially.

Retro

I gave them $100

Yep, if you're expecting to buy gems anyways, you might as well get them at a discount. Even if I don't necessarily believe the last 6 months has been entirely Gemstore Purchase-worthy, I still think that's the way to go if you're going to buy the expansion.

Retro

Rewards system buffed, grind reduced, some of the adventures easier now, overall it's a good time for new players to purchase HoT, this patch rocks.

Well I'm not a new player at all, I just quit playing a while back. I leveled another char to 80 in anticipation of HoT coming out but when it did, it was met with so much backlash and I had other games I was focused on that I held off on my purchase. I play alot of WvW so I was just kinda waiting for something to change there as well.

How rewarding is raiding and dungeon runs now?

Quenk

People are working on the shortbow. It was pretty expected. Wood and metal went up a lot at HoT for the legendaries.

Wanderer5

Chuka and Champawat has a pretty adorable thing in its journey.

vtKEfTK.png

Hedge

Chuka and Champawat has a pretty adorable thing in its journey.

It kind of bugs me that other legendaries don't have those, even if they cost the same. I made Astralaria, but I don't have a fancy garden, an endless wolf transformation tonic or even that amazing chromatic ooze. It's kind of odd that some legendaries get extra gifts and cosmetic perks, even if they cost exactly the same (or even more, as the new legendaries are lot more expensive).

I started Chuka & Champawat last night and I LOVED it. I ended up staying up 1.5 hours longer than I originally intended because I didn't want to stop chasing tigers across the world. It is unfortunately pretty buggy.. there are parts where you have to fight the tigers to progress, the event will pop up but the tigers won't appear if there are too many people around or it triggered too recently (which inevitably will happen because there are a lot of people working on it right now). Boo.

If the other legendaries in progress were anything like this collection then it is a huge waste to have thrown them away :( I don't even want the new legendary shortbow skin, I don't think I'll bother making the full legendary, but I want to do the collections :< Chasing tigers and being told a story is fun. Clicking 9 billion fucking times to throw rocks in the toilet is not fun

Also the fractal changes are amazing and so much better than what we had before. The high scales are still significantly easier than old 50 but it feels closer to what it was.

The fractal changes are great, I agree. RIP Swamp of the Mist.

I almost feel like the two gold daily is overkill, the prices of stuff on the TP is gonna shoot up. Not like I care too much about that though.

[qT] DPS Benchmarks/Tests for all classes

Pretty interesting information, and it's nice to see videos with proof and accurate numbers for once.

Biggest takeaway for me is that Scholar is only worth a ~800 DPS increase over Strength for Warrior, in perfect conditions with 100% HP, so I don't see any reason why you'd ever use anything other than Strength. Better solo rune, better dungeon rune, and (in real-life situations) better raid rune.

Ashodin

I'm interested to see how my personal build stacks up in dps. By all means I won't edit it to increase the numbers, but it's fun to see where it lies.

Since it's birthday time for Guild Wars 1, I thought I'd log in and check the minis. For some reason, my password doesn't work, and the GW2 account page shows I have no GW1 linked to my HoM anymore (though I still have the points). I'm hoping this is just a system error on their side or something, sent an email to support to see what's up. I doubt someone logged into my GW1 account because I have two-factor, and it would have notified me if the password was changed (you can't change a GW1 account email after all). If you have a GW1 account, may want to check it out.

Since it's birthday time for Guild Wars 1, I thought I'd log in and check the minis. For some reason, my password doesn't work, and the GW2 account page shows I have no GW1 linked to my HoM anymore (though I still have the points). I'm hoping this is just a system error on their side or something, sent an email to support to see what's up. I doubt someone logged into my GW1 account because I have two-factor, and it would have notified me if the password was changed (you can't change a GW1 account email after all). If you have a GW1 account, may want to check it out.

I just checked mine, still linked on the account page and still able to log into the game. Hopefully your thing is sorted soon :s

Xion385

I totally forgot about birthday pets! It's been years since I logged in. Need to check that out on Guild Wars 1. Hoping for Shiro finally!

How much did you end up paying?

about 30$. Not too much. I'm not upset about it, just would've been nice to have known this before hand.

Unrelated: The current PvP meta seems ridiculous. Condition damage out the ass and I don't understand how to cope with revenants.

Also, could I get an invite to the guild? Account is Yoggs.5701. Currently playing on "Voldja"
Y'know, it occurs to me that the risk of illegitimate keys was probably much higher prior to release.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never realized that I am running out of airship parts

time to spend time in VB then

also what, I thought warhorn tempest isn't used for offense

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Y'know, it occurs to me that the risk of illegitimate keys was probably much higher prior to release.

Yeah, I really wouldn't worry about it. If I get HoT it certainly won't be through Anet because it flat-out costs too much.

Yeah, I really wouldn't worry about it. If I get HoT it certainly won't be through Anet because it flat-out costs too much.

yup, that's where I'm at. And since I've been playing PvP quite a bit, I feel pretty severely hamstringed if I don't have the expac. Thus if they void it out I can't be assed playing regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom