• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just a reminder that the achievements for finishing fractals 1-20 and 21-50 are getting removed next patch. A lot of people are working on completing them so you should be able to find parties in the LFG (even for the annoying 41-50 fractals)

They don't have AP equivalent tho, but I guess people want the chest rewards.

Wanderer5

I'm pretty sad the special aura infusions are buyable for so little as 100g-ish. As someone who ran it all by myself it felt worth so much more. Now people are just gonna assume I bought it and even if they don't the effect isn't in any way special.
Such a stupid mistake from Anet :(

What? The only aura infusions I seen on TP are the ghostly ones, and you can't buy the ascended kaiser weapons that have the infusion.

Also would have been nice if those SAB aura were a bit more noticeable lol.

What? The only aura infusions I seen on TP are the ghostly ones, and you can't buy the ascended kaiser weapons that have the infusion.

Also would have been nice of those SAB aura were a bit more noticeable lol.

I think she means that anet allowed people to buy/sell tribulation runs to get the exclusive skins (as opposed to actually doing the content). There was an exploit that allowed people to join a SAB instance right at the end to get credit for the rewards, and anet said they wouldn't be banning anyone for it despite it technically being a bug exploit.

Wanderer5

I think she means that anet allowed people to buy/sell tribulation runs to get the exclusive skins (as opposed to actually doing the content). There was an exploit that allowed people to join a SAB instance right at the end to get credit for the rewards, and anet said they wouldn't be banning anyone for it despite it technically being a bug exploit.

Oh that. Yeah that is kind of shitty, even through I can probably see why Anet thought it is okay till get a fix going.

Spyware

Yep, that exactly. Bluh.

Retro

The years of hype for SAB sort of dampened the experience for me. My expectations were high but it's just more jumping puzzles for me to suck at. Definitely not something I would want to do over and over. (World 1 was fun the first time round. World 2 was misery.) Not my thing, I guess.

You're not wrong, an any count.

The community (especially the subreddit) over-hyped SAB for years; they started the whole "SAB or Riot" thing, it got name dropped in every other thread, etc. I'm basically the target audience for SAB; an 8/16-bit-themed dungeon with emphasis on platforming, with chiptune music, cool skins, a more interesting approach to currency, inside Guild Wars 2? All it needed was more Castlevania references(which it looks like it would have gotten in later worlds), and even I have to admit that it's not that good. Especially World 2, which suffers from an excess of Kitchen Sink game design. I made a big write up of what I thought was wrong and could have been different when W2 first came out, if you give two shits. The TLDR is "make it shorter, cut out the big set pieces and the tedious, rote jumping."

They're never going to add a World 3, so to me SAB is just more of the same; content that was really really good, that everyone really really liked, that they stopped supporting almost immediately after they launched it, to much fanfare.

Morokh

As someone who had the opportunity to play it for the first time, I really enjoyed the two first levels of World 2 (didn't have the time to push further)

The length of the levels sucks when you have to go in there to do achievements, but that first time through W2-1 had me smiling like a doofus the whole way through.

Retro

As someone who had the opportunity to play it for the first time, I really enjoyed the two first levels of World 2 (didn't have the time to push further)

The length of the levels sucks when you have to go in there to do achievements, but that first time through W2-1 had me smiling like a doofus the whole way through.

Most of World 2-1 (everything before the raft ride) was released with World 1 as a preview, so it really does shine. Everything after kind of falls apart, but there's still a lot of really good moments.

2-2 is where it really just falls apart with a lot of just straight up boring rote jumping sections (long stretches where you're just jumping from pillar to pillar) and annoying traps / confusing set pieces. And it just goes on too long for my taste, especially compared to how tight World 1 is. I love running World 1 to this day (I still wish there was a timer so I could record my personal best), but World 2 after Act 1 is just a whole lot of "eh."

Oooh Skyhammer overhaul.

TXMyiuL.jpg

Lots of little changes coming tomorrow.

Wanderer5

Wish I can like World 2 more, but Z2 and 3 are such a drag despite some good moments. Z2 in particular just wants to go on and on and on and on. I don't bother doing that level and Z3 normally now, nor I have much interests in doing tribulation mode of them.

I like W2 now that they added alternate pathways to shorten the levels. It makes speed running them worth the time. I ended up getting everything I needed in SAB; all blue weapons, green weapons, yellow weapons, plus the four orange weapons, and the two boomboxes. I even have six weapon boxes that I can sell later in the year for gold.

Whew, I'm now ready for the Spring Patch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll never beat World 2 :( Maybe neat year they'll open it for the whole month of April and I'll have the chance.

edit: Running through World 1 normal, Zone 1 tribulation and 2-1 was still a whole lot of fun though and I have no fondness lost for SAB. I think I just wish it were permanent regardless of future additions.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Not seen any notes yet but I read the "news" post and I have to say I'm sorta blown away by what they've done this time. It sounds like they understood the problems :O

Sounds pretty nice. I have no context for any of it as my highest level character is below 30, but it makes me a little more inclined to actually keep at it and get to max level.

Boss Doggie

but what if all of my characters are already maxxed level, will I still get that free shared inventory

"Less grind for rewards" and "play on your own schedule, not the game's" fixes for HoT sure do sound nice. I might even start playing dungeons again (probably not though).

Quenk

Anyone know what's up with that "Soothsayer Jacinda" mail?

Edit: nvm. I read the patch notes and it had to do with characters getting stuck in personal story.

Wanderer5

WvW reward tracks, THANK YOU! WvW was in serious need of rewards. Also oh boy the merging will be interesting.

And woot, increase exp and rewards in the Jungle levels. Now that SAB is done, it back to getting Glint's Bastion!

Boss Doggie

man forum is down, I need mah patch notes!

not even dulfy has it

EDIT: The spectral weapons look good tho

Nothing about Gold per path but can't wait to check it out..

We’re fixing some other issues from the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns launch. We’re bringing more rewards back to dungeons, doubling the dungeon tokens from daily bonus chests, and introducing a new repeatable achievement that awards 5 gold and 150 dungeon tokens for every eight unique dungeon paths you complete.

Quenk

Nothing about Gold per path but can't wait to check it out..

DUNGEONS
We increased dungeon rewards, including both gold and tokens. We chose to use a repeatable achievement to deliver gold rewards, as it encourages completing multiple dungeon paths while allowing dungeon runners to play as many dungeons as they like when it’s convenient for them, rather than tying players to a daily reset.

• Added a new repeatable achievement for completing 8 unique dungeon paths. Completing this achievement will award players with 5 gold and 150 tokens from the dungeon of their choice.
  • Dungeon tokens given in the daily bonus chest awarded the first time each dungeon path is completed have been increased from 40 to 80 tokens.
  • All Aetherblade weapons now drop much more frequently from the chest that is awarded after defeating the Clockheart boss at the end of the Aetherblade path of the Twilight Arbor explorable-mode dungeon.

Boss Doggie

I can at least toss all these exotic gear on the forge right

EDIT: Fuck, can't sell, salvage or flush

oh well

but what if all of my characters are already maxxed level, will I still get that free shared inventory
Can't remove it from the slot. :(

If you try to move it into a regular inventory slot or a bank tab, a message tells you it can't be moved, only consumed. All of my characters are 80 too, one for each profession.

Spyware

Can't remove it from the slot. :(

If you try to move it into a regular inventory slot or a bank tab, a message tells you it can't be moved, only consumed. All of my characters are 80 too, one for each profession.
You get a nice package with gold, dyes, teleport to friend and such if you use it on a character that is already lvl 80 :)

WvW—REWARD TRACKS (Beta)
Reward tracks have been added to World vs. World. These are nearly identical to the reward tracks you find in PvP, except that some rewards have been adjusted to be geared toward WvW players. One of the tracks offers players a chance to earn the new WvW-exclusive Triumphant armor set! Also, once the reward tracks feature exits beta testing, the Gift of Battle legendary crafting component will no longer be available as a vendor purchase and will be earned via its own reward track.

Unlike PvP reward tracks, which are advanced at the end of a match, WvW reward tracks will be advanced at the end of each scoring tick. These happen at 15-minute intervals. The amount of reward-track progress at this time is determined by your participation level. As players do things to help their worlds succeed, they will increase their participation level and earn more reward-track progress at each scoring interval.

Lastly, it’s often brought up that some roles—like scouting and defending—are difficult to reward. It’s fairly common in organized groups to kick back some gold to your scouts and defenders at the end of the night. We’ve leveraged our squad system to solve this problem; for every five people in your squad, your commander will be able to assign one person to share squad participation. These players will no longer earn their own participation, but will instead earn participation based on the actions of the rest of the squad. This frees them up to man the defenses of an objective, seek out the enemy, or do any number of other tasks that are important but don’t see a ton of action, and they still earn a portion of the participation that the troops they are supporting earn.

So does this mean that if we're in WvW, and the majority of the squad is out hunting, the guys who stay back and defend a position will receive participation towards the Reward Track even though they are just guarding and not engaging?
That is an interesting system. I wonder how that will work.

A new option called Effect LOD has been added to the graphics options of the game. It limits the detail of allied players’ skill effects. This option has been turned on by default.
When toggled on, skills from allies will play a visually reduced version of their default skill effect. Additionally, ally hit effects and certain ally cast effects will be disabled.
When toggled off, skills from allies will play the default version of their skill effect. Allies’ cast effects as well as allies’ hit effects on foes will be visible.

People have been screaming about this since the first beta I was apart of. is this for real?

Each profession has had their default ground-target reticle interchanged with new profession-specific reticles.
All combo fields in the game have been given a visual update to make them more distinct in combat.
Dark Field: A black ring with floating shadows has been added.
Ethereal Field: A magenta ring with floating, shattered fragments has been added.
Fire Field: An orange ring with rising flames has been added.
Ice Field: A light-blue ring with slow-moving ice has been added.
Light Field: A golden ring with a hovering white fog has been added.
Lightning Field: A purple ring with rising lightning bolts has been added.
Poison Field: A green ring with slowly rising bubbles has been added.
Smoke Field: A gray ring with rising smoke has been added.
Water Field: A blue ring with cascading water has been added.

Wat.

Warrior
We’re generally happy with the offense and damage potential of the warrior, but survivability and durability in PvP have been observed to be lacking, even when defensive measures are taken. We’re looking to boost defense in areas where the warrior specializes in it. Stability-granting utilities have been refocused and reworked with the new stability cooldown specifically in mind, and the Defense line has gained significant increases. Within this line, Adrenal Health has been transformed from an adrenaline-holding minor trait into one that grants a much stronger healing effect when landing burst abilities.

Is it time to dust of the old regen warrior builds?

We increased dungeon rewards, including both gold and tokens. We chose to use a repeatable achievement to deliver gold rewards, as it encourages completing multiple dungeon paths while allowing dungeon runners to play as many dungeons as they like when it’s convenient for them, rather than tying players to a daily reset.

Added a new repeatable achievement for completing 8 unique dungeon paths. Completing this achievement will award players with 5 gold and 150 tokens from the dungeon of their choice.
Dungeon tokens given in the daily bonus chest awarded the first time each dungeon path is completed have been increased from 40 to 80 tokens.
All Aetherblade weapons now drop much more frequently from the chest that is awarded after defeating the Clockheart boss at the end of the Aetherblade path of the Twilight Arbor explorable-mode dungeon.

Yay!

explodet

Executioner’s Scythe: Reduced the freezing field duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds.
“Chilled to the Bone!”: The chill duration from this skill has been reduced from 6 seconds to 4 seconds.
Chilling Nova: The chill duration from this trait has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
Shivers of Dread: The chill duration from this trait has been reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds.
Deathly Chill: This trait no longer causes chill to inflict damage but instead applies 8 seconds of bleeding each time you apply chill to an enemy.
Well, FUCK

Morokh

Still have to read that again cause there is a bit much to process, but the nerf to adventures is completely uncalled for, making them more accessible and more rewarding is good (although just XP is a bit weird) but making them easier ? ugh !

Good changes on the daily and dungeon front.

A bit weary about the HoT changes, seems like something I'll have to experience to see what really changed, but on first glance it's buff rewards/nerf everything which doesn't sound like the fix to most of the issues.

No change to Dragon's stand fixed timer on all maps is a big mistake imo.

It's also nice to see WwW getting some love, and seeing as there is WwW armor skins now I'll definitely set foot there for a while.

I sincerely wasn't expecting much from this patch especially after the very lackluster first one they released, well, this time at least it feels like a proper patch.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man there's lots of stuff. Overwhelmed.

But anything I don't like will almost certainly be dwarfed by the new dungeon rewards. As we all know the objective of Guild Wars 2 is to obtain the most Ascalonian Tears. I am well on my way, and this will help tremendously. :D

May get into the habit of leading some 8-path dungeon trains. AC 1-3, SE 1 and 3, CoF 1 and 2, HotW1 ought to get the job done pretty easily, plus we could mix it up...

Should do another Aetherpath night in a the near future as well, see if/how many people snag an aetherblade weapon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been really enjoying slowly leveling my Revenant, so I think I might just use the boost on my maligned Warrior. You know, so that I have to play him as little as possible. :)

edit: Top of page info etc.

gwupdate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom