• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold is unchanged for Dungeons but getting 100 tokens per path now, also the loot is upped at least for me, i got 10 rares in 2 paths...

Clearos

lvl 80 boost will be nice to make a human thief..i don't feel as scary as a back stabbing leafy green. Was hoping for some changes to the thief traps but overall on paper the changes look good.

Taffer

I've been really enjoying slowly leveling my Revenant, so I think I might just use the boost on my maligned Warrior. You know, so that I have to play him as little as possible. :)

edit: Top of page info etc.

Renamed Novice to Fanatic.

Hawkian they patched out the Veteran Novices from the cliffside fractal. RIP best enemy name.

Ashodin

Man there's lots of stuff. Overwhelmed.

But anything I don't like will almost certainly be dwarfed by the new dungeon rewards. As we all know the objective of Guild Wars 2 is to obtain the most Ascalonian Tears. I am well on my way, and this will help tremendously. :D

May get into the habit of leading some 8-path dungeon trains. AC 1-3, SE 1 and 3, CoF 1 and 2, HotW1 ought to get the job done pretty easily, plus we could mix it up...

Should do another Aetherpath night in a the near future as well, see if/how many people snag an aetherblade weapon.

I NEED DUNGEON RUNS TONIGHT HAWK

Repeat dungeon path is 20tokens, but from 2 paths of TA i went from 3 tokens to 251, already halfway there to completing Howler, been sitting on everything but the Dungeon tokens for 3 weeks, been too lazy to run dungeons...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I ran dungeons when you killed the bosses for tokens instead.

The original CoF farm, killing the first boss over and over and over.

And tokens werent a currency.
I wonder if I have a screenshot somewhere of my stacks of Tears and Knowledge Crystals in my bank...

If my old HDD didn't die i could have shown screen of of what 32000 tokens look like, 10k from SE, 10k AC, 7k from CoF, and the 5k from TA, i used to run dungeons religiously

Retro

wellllll I was running dungeons back when the reward was 20 tokens and 15 silver

When I was running dungeons they didn't even let us keep our tokens... or gold... or anything else.

There, now unless a dev posts about playing in alpha or earlier that's settled.

Also, I wonder how many people with high buy orders for Aether weapons are outraged. I'm sure they'll be on Reddit by sundown, heh.

I like these:

pctsm3J.jpg

FKlQ8CH.jpg

I wonder how much WvW it will take to get the heroic version!

The shortbow legendary should have been a longbow; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9fhcTkQrKc&feature=youtu.be

Thought I'd log in to check out the shared slot. Noticed they put it in front of all other bags, thus messing up the inventory screen entirely. Logged out in disgust.

Seriously though, it's pretty bad. Not sure why they had to go and ruin a perfectly sorted and sized inventory screen by slapping it in haphazardly.

As for the rest of the patch, seems like a lot of good fixes overall, but no new content whatsoever, so no reason to play yet.

Retro

New Build:
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug in which the proper leader was lost from the listing when two squads that already had leaders were merged together.
  • Fixed a bug in which readvertising a previously full listing would use the previous description instead of the new one.
  • Fixed a bug in which squads with five or more members would become unlisted from LFG.
  • Fixed a bug in which full raid squads were not removed from LFG.
  • Fixed a server crash.
  • Fixed a client crash.

Thought I'd log in to check out the shared slot. Noticed they put it in front of all other bags, thus messing up the inventory screen entirely. Logged out in disgust.

Seriously though, it's pretty bad. Not sure why they had to go and ruin a perfectly sorted and sized inventory screen by slapping it in haphazardly.

As for the rest of the patch, seems like a lot of good fixes overall, but no new content whatsoever, so no reason to play yet.

Yeah, I'm OCD about my inventory to the point that I won't use anything but 10 and 20 slot bags because having little empty spaces drives me up the wall (and I can't go Bagless because I need the compartmentalization that bags offer). That's why I didn't buy the damn things in the first place. Guess I'm kinda stuck with it now.

I'm with you on the lack of new content too. I haven't played anything in HoT since last year, so maybe that plus the changes might make it tolerable, but we really do need content that isn't another fucking raid wing. That's the only thing they've said is next though, so... I won't be holding my breath.

Retro

The gem store ones can't be dyed though (I believe), so... yeah.

Nevermind, looks like they can. The color only affects the glow, though;

jlfA4BN.png
FDJTwUg.png
TqekPFz.png

Still, infinitely better than undyeable.

Wanderer5

Damn the chaos gloves look pretty sweet with all those dyes.

And eeeeee all those reward tracks in the wvw menu.X3 I definitely going for the new wvw medium coat and heavy gloves at least. Medium is pretty much the best of the bunch, least on charr.

Quenk

I use the compacted bags so the shared slots do affect me but it is a bit unfortunate that you can't move them down. They actually raised the number of them you can buy to 10 (total of 11 with the free one). I don't think I'll bother with more than the ones I have though.

Edit: from the AMA:
Allowing the option of moving shared inventory slots around is a lot of work. We can look at keep shared inventory slots separate even in hide bags mode which can be done in a shorter timeframe.

Ran into my first Elite tard in a long time, wanted me to change a signet, usually i would just ignore it, but tonight i didn't feel like dealing with people's BULLSHIT..

Wanderer5

Holy shit, I just did the final event in Aurin Basin, and I got like 300k exp from the chests after completing it alone. I see they added some more events during the phase beforehand.

Dead

well not really...yet
wow at the new update. Might have to get back in the game after pretty much taking a break since January

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
today I felt good

managed not to complete just Dragon Stand, but also Tangled Depths! managed to complete some collections in the process!

but then I looked up how to get Nevermore and part of it is pretty much consuming double the amount of mats you'd need vs regular legendary (seriously, fuck that x2 requirement on gift of claws etc.)

my goodness turned into despair

Dragonhunter change was needed, and it's only True shot and faith trap, right? On top of like a dozen cool down reductions and bow skills 3-4-5 all getting damage increases.

the cooldowns aren't on bows tho right

Victrix

*beard*
So I'm busily redownloading, will I be able to play with some gaffers without the expac? I don't want to buy it until I've figured out if I'm digging the game again :D

spiritfox

So I'm busily redownloading, will I be able to play with some gaffers without the expac? I don't want to buy it until I've figured out if I'm digging the game again :D

As long as we're not in the expansion zones you can party with us. Guild missions are all in the old areas so you can join them, and you should be able to enter the guild hall even without the expansion.

If you do the high level fractal dailies you get all the lower ones too. @_@ You could get 4 dailies in one run. Sweet. I got a chest of ascended shoulders yesterday from a 30-something, yay. Wasn't there supposed to be a new achievement for 1-50?

Also for anyone who wanted to find the Spirit of the Tiger things on their own without a guide, the hints in game lie...

* The SCAR Lane one is not in fact in the SCAR lane but in the... Bivouac? The grassy part that's not underground
* The Breached Wall one is not on the Breached Wall jumping puzzle but in the Crimson Plateau jumping puzzle

spiritfox

Sure looks like it. Removing chill damage and replacing it with bleeds kinda blows.

On the bright side, I don't see many survivability changes in the patch notes.

The fact multiple necromancers using deathly chill stomped on each others damage was something we wanted to fix.This change allows the reaper to apply attrition damage to enemies through chill. The reason it's bleed and not something like poison is that this trait is intended to be a DPS add instead of another debilitating effect.

From the Reddit AMA.

Patch seems awesome.

Anyone up for dungeons and/or fractals later today? I'm out of class in 3-4 hours, so I can play any time after that.
Hold up, they added chaos gloves? oh damn

explodet

From the Reddit AMA.
Yeah, figured it had something to do with that. As the only necro in my group that used deathly chill it was fine as it was, but I can see how multiples running into each other would cause problems.

It's just lame that something unique to the class and spec had to disappear. But it was obviously something that wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom