• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note: Tried Struc PvP for the first time (mainly to try something different for the dailies), used the Auramancer build on metabattle and damn it works well, only died once at the very end of the fight.

Did have someone go at the end of the match (and then left before a reply could be given) "Gotta rez fucking shit noob". I prioritized killing someone over helping them and it was the end of the match so it didn't seem to matter anyway.
Some people take it seriously though and this was unranked lol.

Yup PvP brings out the worst in people. The more you play the more you'll find the actual good players are the ones who never say anything in chat that isn't related to the game (going home, getting beast, etc) :p. Auramancer tempest is really good right now, glad you're having fun with it.

Dungeons are really fun <3, pretty decent money still too. You should see if you can try all the explorable paths in the game at least once. There's an achievement and a title for doing that too.

Also, the best QoL item in the game is on sale right now: https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/743743171981545473 If anyone doesn't have a Copper-Fed Salvage o' Matic and was thinking about it, now is the time. Seriously the best thing I ever bought on the gem store. The silver one is a ripoff, don't bother with it. 6x more expensive per salvage than the mystic kits. (They must be seriously desperate for income if they're putting the copper-fed on sale at such a random time. Yikes.)

Also, the best QoL item in the game is on sale right now: https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/743743171981545473 If anyone doesn't have a Copper-Fed Salvage o' Matic and was thinking about it, now is the time. Seriously the best thing I ever bought on the gem store..)
Wow, nice sale. I agree this is one of the best gem store items. Up there with royal passes or airship. With account inventory slots, it's amazing.

Stuart444

Does everyone run Berserker's? Seems like most builds on metabattle regardless of profession use Zerker or Assassin or a combination of the two. (which explains why anything with the stats are expensive on TP)

Quenk

Does everyone run Berserker's? Seems like most builds on metabattle regardless of profession use Zerker or Assassin or a combination of the two. (which explains why anything with the stats are expensive on TP)

For PvE? Most power based builds run Berserker's. Condi builds tend to run Viper's and sometimes Sinister's mixed in. Blinds, projectile defenses like reflects, blocks, and dodges are used to survive with the lack of defensive stats.

I believe WvW players prefer running stat combos like Marauder's to add some survivability to their build.

Stuart444

For PvE? Most power based builds run Berserker's. Condi builds tend to run Viper's and sometimes Sinister's mixed in. Blinds, projectile defenses like reflects, blocks, and dodges are used to survive with the lack of defensive stats.

Speaking of, I made some Viper Gear for someone... but after I made all the pieces, I realized it was account bound ;_;.

I didn't expect it, most other exotic gear isn't account bound.

Speaking of, I made some Viper Gear for someone... but after I made all the pieces, I realized it was account bound ;_;.

Yeah they locked the HoT stats in account bound gear so they can't be traded to people who only have the base game.

Quenk

I think any new stat combos are account bound starting with Celestial and Zealot's

Stuart444

Yeah they locked the HoT stats in account bound gear so they can't be traded to people who only have the base game.

Which sucks if you're crafting for a friend and you both have HoT :(.

Like I said, I wasn't expecting it so it certainly hurt considering how expensive it can be to craft a full set like that.

Which sucks if you're crafting for a friend and you both have HoT :(.

Like I said, I wasn't expecting it so it certainly hurt considering how expensive it can be to craft a full set like that.

Yeah that's rough :x At least you can gear up one of your alts in condi maybe? :p

In Dungeons/Fractals/Raids, Berserker is the go-to stat combo for Power builds.

As a disclaimer, most classes and players shouldn't follow MetaBattle builds in open-world PvE. They're designed for you to support a party and for a party to support you, and many of them will leave you with glaring weaknesses when you are off on your own.

Stuart444

In Dungeons/Fractals/Raids, Berserker is the go-to stat combo for Power builds.

As a disclaimer, most classes and players shouldn't follow MetaBattle builds in open-world PvE. They're designed for you to support a party and for a party to support you, and many of them will leave you with glaring weaknesses when you are off on your own.

Unless you have a lot of money to support different having separate armor/weapon sets for different situations (Dungeons/Fractals, open world) which I'm sure many of the hard core players probably do, you'd probably just stick to one armorset. At least that's what I'm doing because spending a lot of money on several sets for each character just destroys me financially lol.

Luckily, Open world stuff isn't too difficult (though the amount of enemies in some maps like Orr makes it tough. Too many Risen. I swear, being back in there is going to give me Risen filled nightmares lol) and I'm pretty much always with my fiancee so I always have someone to support me if I get downed and vice versa :p

Links to higher resolution pictures.

http://imgur.com/XZmLek9
XZmLek9h.jpg

http://imgur.com/oKVoBI1
oKVoBI1h.jpg

http://imgur.com/KU9UBJw
KU9UBJwh.jpg

http://imgur.com/O5iBo39
O5iBo39h.jpg

Freeman76

So the Infinite Salvage kit is worth the 20 bucks I'd have to drop on the gems?

Never use real money for gems man, convert gold. Its so easy to make gold that you are literally throwing you dollar in the bin. I Can easily make a few hundred gold per day, sometimes more.

Is there any info on when exactly is LS3 starting? I am in fact sorta waiting for it (but I'm also just playing other stuff)

No official word. I'm guessing whenever the next quarterly patch is? The Tuesday after this PvP season ends seems like a good time to finally get moving on the story. July 12?

Ashodin

Because some people care about the story in raids and want to see it for themselves?

It's not that, you could just leave it as imgur links instead. And looking at those pics, I have no context for what the content in them mean, so it doesn't bother me. And other people in this thread are either A) a part of the raid or B) not interested, so again I ask, why spoiler them?

Spyware

Also, spoilertags doesn't work on pics on the mobile version of GAF.
If you actually want to hide them, describe them in a spoilertags and just link them.

Getting a gift of battle is so fucking slow, thanks Anet for this dumb fucking change, feels like a fucking grind since WvW is boring...My last Legendary might be the Fractal BP...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hi guildies, I should be on time for missions in just under an hour from now (9 est) but am feeling pretty sick and most likely won't be talking on mumble. We'll do what we can either way.

Here's a questions for some of you, that Endless bat tonic needed for Nightwing finally started going back up in price a little while back and last I checked (a few days ago) it was the highest I remember seeing it, even around Halloween last year. Should I sell it now? Or should I see if it goes up early on during the Halloween event? If I wait until the end, people will grind it out themselves but early on, more people learn about Nightwing and try to make it or get the other parts they need so are willing to splurge for it I figure. I want opinions because last year logic was that the price would go up right after the Halloween event ended because people couldn't get it themselves anymore but it actually dropped pretty rapidly.

Freeman76

Here's a questions for some of you, that Endless bat tonic needed for Nightwing finally started going back up in price a little while back and last I checked (a few days ago) it was the highest I remember seeing it, even around Halloween last year. Should I sell it now? Or should I see if it goes up early on during the Halloween event? If I wait until the end, people will grind it out themselves but early on, more people learn about Nightwing and try to make it or get the other parts they need so are willing to splurge for it I figure. I want opinions because last year logic was that the price would go up right after the Halloween event ended because people couldn't get it themselves anymore but it actually dropped pretty rapidly.

Anet may even change the way its acquired this Halloween, what return would you get if you sold it now?

The logic behind thinking the price will rise often fails with GW2, i think some of us underestimate how much supply of a certain item there actually is. For example look at Superior Sigil Of Generosity, that used to go for over 50g.

Anet may even change the way its acquired this Halloween, what return would you get if you sold it now?

The logic behind thinking the price will rise often fails with GW2, i think some of us underestimate how much supply of a certain item there actually is. For example look at Superior Sigil Of Generosity, that used to go for over 50g.
Instant sell price is 600g though the asking prices is 700 and up.

Freeman76

Instant sell price is 600g though the asking prices is 700 and up.
What did you pay?
If it was me i would sell it now probably, the legendary armour will affect the market for many things and this may be one of them. Always a gamble.

Also depends how you play. If i can be bothered to babysit my TP i can make a few hundred gold in a day or so, so I may take more of a risk with the batwing tonic, since i have over 10k gold anyway. I stocked up on a couple of thousand Generosity sigils but they will probably never recover, yet i made over 1000g flipping timekeeper skins. Always hard to predict (unless your Wanze lol)

What did you pay?
If it was me i would sell it now probably, the legendary armour will affect the market for many things and this may be one of them. Always a gamble.

Also depends how you play. If i can be bothered to babysit my TP i can make a few hundred gold in a day or so, so I may take more of a risk with the batwing tonic, since i have over 10k gold anyway. I stocked up on a couple of thousand Generosity sigils but they will probably never recover, yet i made over 1000g flipping timekeeper skins. Always hard to predict (unless your Wanze lol)

I didn't pay anything, it's an extremely rare drop during the Halloween event and I managed to get it while farming candy corn for the 20 slot pales. So nothing but pure profit. It's the most valuable drop I've ever received so trying to milk it for all I can. I'm not especially nuanced in the art of TP flipping and while I've heard of it from plenty of people online, the idea of making 300g in a day is crazy to me. 10k gold? I can't even imagine that...I've never even gotten to 1k though if I sell this item I'll finally achieve that.

I should probably just sell it but it keeps going up over the months so hard to pull the trigger. Also, do I just take the 600 (minus the massive cut Anet keeps...)? or do I put it up for 650 since the lowest anyone is selling for is 695 and that's only one guy with the next lowest at 725 I think. I normally would post and slightly underbid the lowest guy but for something this expensive that I've seen fluctuate in value so much, I'm paranoid ;p

Freeman76

I didn't pay anything, it's an extremely rare drop during the Halloween event and I managed to get it while farming candy corn for the 20 slot pales. So nothing but pure profit. It's the most valuable drop I've ever received so trying to milk it for all I can. I'm not especially nuanced in the art of TP flipping and while I've heard of it from plenty of people online, the idea of making 300g in a day is crazy to me. 10k gold? I can't even imagine that...I've never even gotten to 1k though if I sell this item I'll finally achieve that.

I should probably just sell it but it keeps going up over the months so hard to pull the trigger. Also, do I just take the 600 (minus the massive cut Anet keeps...)? or do I put it up for 650 since the lowest anyone is selling for is 695 and that's only one guy with the next lowest at 725 I think. I normally would post and slightly underbid the lowest guy but for something this expensive that I've seen fluctuate in value so much, I'm paranoid ;p

What is above the 725 one? I would personally go just above the outliers, maybe 750? There is always a chance it will go back up to 2k, but then equally it may go the other way, 750g for a random find isn't bad at all!

With the TP, there are so many items you can find with a decent profit in them. Usually I can put a buy order in for anywhere between 50-100 Superior Runes of The Ogre for example, 90% will be filled, and they often make between 15-20 silver per rune. When you do this over the course of 5-10 different runes/sigils, plus bags, crafting mats (scribe mats are good at the moment) it adds up so quick its impossible to spend it lol.

Its all about finding those items that work well, once you know a good few it all mounts up, I started using GW2TP.net to begin with and then went from there with. What I do is nothing compared with many others either.

Some other good ways are if you get Black Lion Salvage Kits, buy Rusttooth, or depending on the market also Hoelbrak or Pack armour, (all on buy order of course) break them down, sell the runes and ecto etc, you can make loads like this.

Once you have a bit of a cushion you can then put buy orders in on more expensive things, and before you know it money isn't a problem in this game.

Aquila

Anybody still leveling their fractal levels?

I've started playing more again and decided to finally get to tier 4 but nobody joins or makes any tier 3 lobbies. Don't even care if it's 50 snowblinds in row if there was even any groups to join.

Anybody still leveling their fractal levels?

I've started playing more again and decided to finally get to tier 4 but nobody joins or makes any tier 3 lobbies. Don't even care if it's 50 snowblinds in row if there was even any groups to join.

I am only 47, 115 AR, gonna be a while until i get to t4, yesterday I tried run the same high fractal over and over, but outside of one good group, all of the other 70 Molten Boss was complete failure...

Guys, where are you with the achievements of Current Events?

How do I unlock the 5 new bounty contracts? I wore the death mark and spawned that boss (hard fight!) but how do you get the hidden achievements? I take the badge to the guy in LA and he doesn't give me anything:3

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So it's better to save up the Blood during Frostgorge Sound Blood week then sell it a week later?

Guys, where are you with the achievements of Current Events?

How do I unlock the 5 new bounty contracts? I wore the death mark and spawned that boss (hard fight!) but how do you get the hidden achievements? I take the badge to the guy in LA and he doesn't give me anything:3

Check out Dulfy

p1 http://dulfy.net/2016/05/17/gw2-bandit-bounties-event-guide/
p2 http://dulfy.net/2016/06/15/gw2-bandit-bounties-events-part-2-guide/

Gothos

Decided to come back and play a bit and what awaits me? LEVEL 80 FREAKING BOOST!!! Omg, amazing gift, ty ANet! Now the hard decision between Ranger and Thief...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom