• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
New page for 100 PPP and some new timing details so

Commanders will be Appletoasty, Levyne, Zeroth, Retro, and I believe Kos and Hawkian have also expressed interest.

Note that the full chain is 2 hours long. No one needs to be there the whole time if they are unable. For instance if you are only interested in the night period, it would start at 10:45pm eastern.

Lastly, I would like to see who attending has Nuhoch Stealth Detection by saturday so that they could be designated to do Axemaster, to help that out.

Sadly I've been informed by my other half that I have a birthday dinner to go to on Saturday and I won't be back till after 10 or 11pm.

I hope the guild will be so excited by the 9:30 run and will want to run it twice and I can catch the 2nd guild run.

spiritfox

New page for 100 PPP and some new timing details so

Commanders will be Appletoasty, Levyne, Zeroth, Retro, and I believe Kos and Hawkian have also expressed interest.

Note that the full chain is 2 hours long. No one needs to be there the whole time if they are unable. For instance if you are only interested in the night period, it would start at 10:45pm eastern.

Lastly, I would like to see who attending has Nuhoch Stealth Detection by saturday so that they could be designated to do Axemaster, to help that out.

I can help with Axemaster if needed.

Hellers

So I have all the crafting types spread out at various degrees of completion across my characters. My plan is to focus on getting each one levelled one at a time but in no rush.

Are there any good guides for efficient ways of levelling your crafting?

You guys mind if I stream the guild event? I'm doing the Extra Life Charity Marathon event and I intend too stream everything I'm playing all day.

Anno

So I have all the crafting types spread out at various degrees of completion across my characters. My plan is to focus on getting each one levelled one at a time but in no rush.

Are there any good guides for efficient ways of levelling your crafting?

http://gw2crafts.net is all you really need. The guides update in pretty much real-time as TP prices change. It'll also show you options using karma items or when it's cheaper to buy intermediary items from the TP than craft it yourself.

Well this is fucking awesome, I have ran through VB, AB and TD getting all the WPs, now the game has reset most of my progress, no Vista's, no PoI, only hero points were kept..FML, report submitted...

Edit:check the Forums, known issue, a lot of players had their progress vanish, waiting on the Fix, probably play my Rev instead, but i was having so much fun with my Dragonhunter and Blender trap..

Wanderer5

Well I did the Dragon's Stand event last night. Was pretty good, through my lane ended up screwing on the tower attack for a bit, but we were able to do it. The last fight was awesome and the Mouth was huuuuge heh. Reminded me of a eastern dragon (long body and whiskers). The fight overall went pretty smooth thankfully.

Well this is fucking awesome, I have ran through VB, AB and TD getting all the WPs, now the game has reset most of my progress, no Vista's, no PoI, only hero points were kept..FML, report submitted...

Ouch, I been reading about that recently.

Wanderer5

Hm spoilers I guess just in case regarding Dragon's Stand event.

So did anyone notice one of the island NPCs, that was possibly a high rank in the Nightmare Court? I don't have a pic uploaded at the moment, but she was a duchess with the TA light armor. Later on after the Mouth was defeated, I went to interact with her, and after she commented how fun that was and that we should go slay another dragon, with the PC replying that he/she rather have a minute before moving on, she says something along the lines of that till then, see you in your nightmares!

Valus

Hey guys. New player here. I'm playing a Revenant and just hit level 60. Charr armor is awful looking in general but their racial armors look pretty cool. I can buy the level 60 racial armor set for like 7 gold or something but only have 11 gold to my name. Is it worth it? Do I need gold for anything at max level?

Also when I do hit max level, how do I go about getting awesome gear? Or should I just jump into the expansion and not worry?

Edit: I'd like to join the guild, my character's name is Glenn Invictus. Thanks!

Vena

Hm spoilers I guess just in case regarding Dragon's Stand event.

So did anyone notice one of the island NPCs, that was possibly a high rank in the Nightmare Court? I don't have a pic uploaded at the moment, but she was a duchess with the TA light armor. Later on after the Mouth was defeated, I went to interact with her, and after she commented how fun that was and that we should go slay another dragon, with the PC replying that he/she rather have a minute before moving on, she says something along the lines of that till then, see you in your nightmares!

You save several Courtiers along the way, even Faolin initially. They don't want to be part of Mordremoth any more than the Orrians wanted to be part of Zhaitan's army and, to an end, the Pale Tree is pretty weak (after getting ravaged by Mordremoth) so the Courtiers have more than likely gotten what they wanted, ie free from her Dream and yoke. You spend more time fighting fallen/corrupted Pact soldiers than you do Nightmare Courtiers (if any... I think you fight none other than Faolin actually).

Twilight Arbor is in the past and, at this point, a non-issue. You've killed the first borns responsible for it and the Courtiers are done with trying to break away from mother.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey guys. New player here. I'm playing a Revenant and just hit level 60. Charr armor is awful looking in general but their racial armors look pretty cool. I can buy the level 60 racial armor set for like 7 gold or something but only have 11 gold to my name. Is it worth it? Do I need gold for anything at max level?
Look at the racial armor as a purely cosmetic purchase. It's not "worth it" at all in the sense of buying it to use as actual armor. But you can transmute any skin you've unlocked onto any other piece of gear, so if you like the look of that, you can use it at endgame. I'd hold off on buying it until the gold is less of a burden though.
Also when I do hit max level, how do I go about getting awesome gear? Or should I just jump into the expansion and not worry?
Short term, when you're 80 you want to look into a set of Exotic armor and weapons, and Ascended Amulet, Rings, and Accessories. The Exotic stuff comes from all over, you can craft it, buy it from the TP for gold, buy it from certain Vendors for Karma, get tokens from doing dungeons for specific dungeon sets, and a few random sources as well. The Ascended stuff each come from a different place, not really worth puzzling over until you get to 80 except to say save up your Laurels as you can get an Amulet with them.

Stuart444

Short term, when you're 80 you want to look into a set of Exotic armor and weapons, and Ascended Amulet, Rings, and Accessories. The Exotic stuff comes from all over, you can craft it, buy it from the TP for gold, buy it from certain Vendors for Karma, get tokens from doing dungeons for specific dungeon sets, and a few random sources as well. The Ascended stuff each come from a different place, not really worth puzzling over until you get to 80 except to say save up your Laurels as you can get an Amulet with them.

I just realized that my armor is all rare (Carrion Masquerade of the privateer set) , the only Exotic I have is my weapon. I went through Living World S2 and the first few story missions of HoT with that...

Maybe I should rectify this later on...

Stuart444

You can get easy exotic gear from a combination of orrv temples, dungeon vendor, or wvw depending how many badges or tokens and how much karma you have.

I have around 82k Karma or something I think (had a look and it's 42k per piece so yeah lol) and I haven't run dungeons since near release (and that's only story dungeons, not explorable >.>).

Might try and grind some karma when I get a chance and buy some exotics.

Also speaking of WvW, not done that in so long. Might jump into that at some point and have fun :D

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I keep putting off getting an exotic focus because I know I'm gonna get the legendary. Working on the bard though and it might take a while for even this precursor. Maybe I should just get a temporary exotic for now, my current focus is kinda crap

Stuart444

Speaking of weapons, I'm not sure what to do with my Ele weapon. I use Staff mostly cause I love it (and I'm used to it. Plus Healing Rain is pretty sweet <3) but the new focus makes me want to try a new main hand weapon. Not sure which one to try though. :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did you ever spend any karma?
I must not have really. I'm trying to think of when I would have...

I should buy my Revenant a full armor set from Orr as a matter of principle
Speaking of weapons, I'm not sure what to do with my Ele weapon. I use Staff mostly cause I love it (and I'm used to it. Plus Healing Rain is pretty sweet <3) but the new focus makes me want to try a new main hand weapon. Not sure which one to try though. :/
I love Scepter. Love love love. Dagger is a fan favorite for many though if you feel comfortable getting up close.

Focus is actually the only Ele weapon I can't really get into.

I finally got burned out on the Lab and just bought the last six cobs I needed for the final two 20 slot pails and so...my soul was free and I was able to actually try something in HoT! Besides creating my Rev, of course. So I went into VB solo, it was night with group events right at the start and no other players running around. I of course have no jungle masteries at this point and....got my shit pushed in. I started being concerned with the difficulty and then realized it was namely due to group events which you're supposed to have others for and night was supposed to be more difficult. Then daybreak hits and it was..night and day *badum tish*. I could handle the enemies there while I got around the map and started learning masteries. By the end of my play session, I could confidently run around solo even at night and now after another play session, I only have 3 poi's and one vista left. I have gliding, updraft and mushroom bouncing unlocked so I can finally really get around and that's pretty awesome and fun. My server group achieved tier 4 during the day but then everyone disappeared when night hit for some reason so no bladed coat. I did however get to do that boss event chain at the end of the night way up in the sky that begins with a T and that was pretty great. I still need to do axemaster but I think I've killed the other major bosses, I'll have to look it up. The Legendary Wyvern fight is pretty fun, satisfying when you break his bar and go to town on him. I also progressed the story out of VB into AB so I just need to knock out those last few poi's and the vista and I can check out Auric Basin. That's going to have to wait a while though because I leave for a cruise tomorrow so you'll all be seasoned pros in the jungle by the time I get back haha I'll have to keep an eye out for GAF zone runs when I return, it's so much better and more fun when you can run with a group though I was able to solo almost all of VB outside of a couple HPs that had champs and of course group events but I'm speaking in terms of the map completion. I can't wait until I master Herald! I just want Facet of Elements already....gimme that swiftness! I need one more HP for Facet of Strength and then just two more HPs after that for Elements...

76 hour work week, please please save me

wanna level my Revy
0ees3UD.jpg
Dang gurl, lets Revy together! Seriously though, 76 hour work week? What the heck! Brutal doesn't cover it, what do you do?

I tried getting this for a friend playing as my sylvari, while both of use saw and heard the Sylvari specific dialogue, but he did not get the achievement, despite some guides saying that that was the case. I feel like it would be an oversight to force people to have a level 80 sylvari. Maybe we did something wrong.

Were you both the party leader, and the one that started the story instance? It seems that's what others mainly say that got it to work.

Which way did you go for that mission? I think that particular achievement is only available if you choose to build up the defenses.

I was wondering about that... because I still had the icon that made me think I could still get the achievement after choosing the Pale Reaver rescue option. It would make sense that the icon staying there was more a bug or oversight because I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

The same happened to me. I was pretty confused. I just checked Dulfy's guide this morning and it says that it happens during the other option. Maybe before you leave the instance during the Pale Reaver option you can go to where it happens?

Yeah, Dulfy's guide says to choose the option to stay and build up the defenses.

Does anyone know what that glider skin with the shimmering green light is and where it comes from? I'm not talking about the Exalted one on sale in the gemstore. This one is closer to emerald green and more shimmer-y. I've seen a few people gliding in it in VB but couldn't ask them a question and glide at the same time haha Especially since I play with pad. Actually, where do you get glide skins from besides the couple the gemstore has? Want to get rid of this ugly default glider skin.

Does anyone know what that glider skin with the shimmering green light is and where it comes from? I'm not talking about the Exalted one on sale in the gemstore. This one is closer to emerald green and more shimmer-y. I've seen a few people gliding in it in VB but couldn't ask them a question and glide at the same time haha Especially since I play with pad. Actually, where do you get glide skins from besides the couple the gemstore has? Want to get rid of this ugly default glider skin.
Delux or Ultimate HoT Purchase.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heart_of_Thorns_Glider

Hey guys, have a quick question. Does anyone know if free accounts have any restrictions on changing server? A friend of mine just started playing on a EU server and I was wondering if I should make him just scrap that character and move to a US one so he can join me (and maybe the guild :D).

I went through that instance with Moondrop, Kos, and Levyne a few weeks ago and I got a popup saying I got the achievement for helping a sylvari resist the call, but now that I'm going back and checking my achievement panel I didn't actually get it...

EDIT: agdljskj top of the new page is mine, here's some guild event pimping

&#9733; Magus Falls Event Series &#9733;
&#9734; NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - SATURDAY NOVEMBER 7, 9:30PM EST &#9734;

Event #1 - Verdant Brink

Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Verdant Brink

EVERYONE should have Gliding Mastery 1 (Glider Basics) at a minimum. Itzel Lore Mastery 1 (Bouncing Mushrooms) and Gliding Mastery 2 (Updraft Use) are also extremely useful!

The map is on a strict global timer akin to Dry Top, so please make sure you show up on time if you wish to participate in the entire event. If you need to come late or leave early we still would love to see you there! We'll be gathering in Verdant Brink shortly before the day cycle starts to make sure everyone is in the same instance.

The full day/night cycle is 2 hours long. If you are only interested in the night period, it will start at 10:45 PM EST.

If you are interested in volunteering as a commander for one of the five outpost chains, please let Levyne, Zeroth, or appletoasty know.

&#9733; Jumping Puzzle Event Series &#9733;
&#9734; NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 11, 7:30PM EST &#9734;

Event #12 - Scavenger's Chasm

Required Character Level: 1 (78 recommended)
Required Zone: Malchor's Leap

Recommended Waypoint:
Pagga's Waypoint - [&BKYCAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (7:30PM EST) on Wednesday night. Note that this is an HOUR EARLIER than our previous events because of daylight savings.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom