• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through that instance with Moondrop, Kos, and Levyne a few weeks ago and I got a popup saying I got the achievement for helping a sylvari resist the call, but now that I'm going back and checking my achievement panel I didn't actually get it...
None of us were Sylvari characters though? Or was Levyne on his Sylvari guard?

Speaking of weapons, I'm not sure what to do with my Ele weapon. I use Staff mostly cause I love it (and I'm used to it. Plus Healing Rain is pretty sweet <3) but the new focus makes me want to try a new main hand weapon. Not sure which one to try though. :/
Agree with Hawkins that scepter is really good with warhorn. With fresh air, it allows for incredible single target dos while still allowing you area damage. Dagger is better if you want more area damage and a projectile defense (earth dagger 2 to be exact).

What zone is the story mission for that achievement in? I have a buddy with a sylvari main so I'll have to make sure I do the mission with him. I planned on playing with him anyway but as I'm going on vacation I figured I'd tell him he can do VB while I'm gone. So basically, is it a VB mission?

What zone is the story mission for that achievement in? I have a buddy with a sylvari main so I'll have to make sure I do the mission with him. I planned on playing with him anyway but as I'm going on vacation I figured I'd tell him he can do VB while I'm gone. So basically, is it a VB mission?

It's literally the first story mission in the HoT maps :p So ya, VB.

Quenk

Oh... I guess I'll have to make him do it again then haha Thanks! I think the one where you meet Rytlock that was in the beta has to be done solo so it's the mission after that, correct?

It's that same mission. Beta was probably just special because beta.

It's that same mission. Beta was probably just special because beta.

Oh ok, I thought I remembered reading in this thread that the first two missions, the SW and the one I mentioned had to be done solo before joining up with others. I guess I'm mistaken. Thanks!

Quenk

Oh ok, I thought I remembered reading in this thread that the first two missions, the SW and the one I mentioned had to be done solo before joining up with others. I guess I'm mistaken. Thanks!

You have to do those first two missions before you get to go to VB and explore stuff. I don't think there's any restriction about doing it solo. Redoing missions is easy from the story journal anyway.

Fishious

To clarify, each person has to go through the initial Silverwastes mission first to be able to earn credit on Torn from the Sky, the first real mission. The Silverwastes thing is more like the tutorial you get when creating a new character where a bunch of people are thrown into an instance. For this, each player has to progress through the whole thing, you can't just have the instance owner do everything while you sit around because there isn't an instance owner.

And not that it really matters, but you could totally do both the Silverwastes thing and the first HoT story mission with friends in the beta.

Retro

Hey guys, have a quick question. Does anyone know if free accounts have any restrictions on changing server? A friend of mine just started playing on a EU server and I was wondering if I should make him just scrap that character and move to a US one so he can join me (and maybe the guild :D).

We ran into this situation when the game went free, actually. Free accounts cannot change servers, even if they delete all of their characters (which is one way you could transfer servers on the cheap before). However, if you upgrade your account, you get a free transfer out of it. More here; https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3izbpo/psa_f2p_accounts_cant_change_server_once_they/

Man, fractal rewards are so damn convoluted now. Why are liquid gold rewards divided into junk items, most of which you have to spend more gold to get? You can salvage rings now but they still don't give anything worthwhile; you have to salvage gear instead, whose drop rates have been nerfed. The stupid tiers for dailies mean that there's no point to even go to 100. Even with the pages, all it means is that you skip a daily if it's out of your range, you still get the pages. What the fuck were they thinking?

I'm sick of this box and key bullshit that's being put into every single game now.

To clarify, each person has to go through the initial Silverwastes mission first to be able to earn credit on Torn from the Sky, the first real mission. The Silverwastes thing is more like the tutorial you get when creating a new character where a bunch of people are thrown into an instance. For this, each player has to progress through the whole thing, you can't just have the instance owner do everything while you sit around because there isn't an instance owner.

And not that it really matters, but you could totally do both the Silverwastes thing and the first HoT story mission with friends in the beta.

I've already done all the VB missions so it'll just be a matter of redoing Torn from the Sky with him after he's done it I think. Thanks for all the help.

Retro

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a server crash.
  • Fixed a 64-bit client crash when entering the Thaumanova Reactor Fractal.
  • The PvP Halloween Reward Track has now been correctly disabled with the completion of the festival.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Dang gurl, lets Revy together! Seriously though, 76 hour work week? What the heck! Brutal doesn't cover it, what do you do?

im a manager for a game centre with adult machines (gambling) i run the venue with myself and 3 other staff members, i do insane long shifts alot but same time the place isnt busy much so i get to watch films and stuff.

the hours are so many because (and its agreed upon before staff starting if they so wish) to work alot of hours so they have alot of money etc instead of more staff less hours.

they dont do 70 or so hours like me and more often than not im normally doing 50, its only because someone is on holiday its so high ^^

Proven

If I had known about this, I might have played PvP for an hour or two today just to earn some last minute cash.

When I finally got what I needed in candy corn and started selling bags, I made 20 gold overnight. Makes me wish I had been selling from the beginning, a little.

Wow, Anet answered my prayers. I've whined every year about the lack of a 64-bit client. "Too many jigawatts!" Colin once diplomatically replied on gchat. After downloading the beta client though, the highest RAM usage I've seen so far was ~4.1 GB :/

CrimsonN0

Man, I was getting crazy lag and now I can't get back on.
Keep getting errors about not being able to connect to the server or crashing at character select.
If Lump is still trying to spawn that monster for an Insight, I think I remember seeing a stealthed character that might activate the event.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I should really finish story mode soon, just to get to make sure for that achievement in the end of story mode that needs a party to clear.

Playing PVE with action cam and snap to target aoe enabled since HoT released and then trying to pvp with the same things on its very difficult because people move and my aoe attacks always end up where the enemy was standing just before I pressed the skill.

This was mainly my issue with grenades and mortar.

Anyone having a similar issue or am I just bad at pvp still?

Rawk Hawk

Playing PVE with action cam and snap to target aoe enabled since HoT released and then trying to pvp with the same things on its very difficult because people move and my aoe attacks always end up where the enemy was standing just before I pressed the skill.

I don't use snap targeting in PvP, basically the same issues. I'm just so use to leading people or just targeting specific locations, that I don't really ever want to put it on someones feet anyway. As for action cam, I'm just bad with it, I'm moving around so much and turning to look at this and that.. I kind of made myself dizzy, haha. So I generally don't use that either.

We ran into this situation when the game went free, actually. Free accounts cannot change servers, even if they delete all of their characters (which is one way you could transfer servers on the cheap before). However, if you upgrade your account, you get a free transfer out of it. More here; https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3izbpo/psa_f2p_accounts_cant_change_server_once_they/
Yeah, I looked around a bit and found that same topic you linked. I told him to just make a second account if he wants, as it doesn't really take long and he is like level 5 or something. Thanks for the help though :D

If you want to pvp you need to disable snap. I pretty much think it is useless and causes more issues than it solves. Including in pve.

I don't use snap targeting in PvP, basically the same issues. I'm just so use to leading people or just targeting specific locations, that I don't really ever want to put it on someones feet anyway. As for action cam, I'm just bad with it, I'm moving around so much and turning to look at this and that.. I kind of made myself dizzy, haha. So I generally don't use that either.

If you want to pvp you need to disable snap. I pretty much think it is useless and causes more issues than it solves. Including in pve.

Yeah the more I use it I feel like I was fine without it especially since I don't use a controller.

I probably should go back to how I played before launch so I don't lose that muscle memory.

im a manager for a game centre with adult machines (gambling) i run the venue with myself and 3 other staff members, i do insane long shifts alot but same time the place isnt busy much so i get to watch films and stuff.

the hours are so many because (and its agreed upon before staff starting if they so wish) to work alot of hours so they have alot of money etc instead of more staff less hours.

they dont do 70 or so hours like me and more often than not im normally doing 50, its only because someone is on holiday its so high ^^
Ah ok, that's good you don't have to do 70 every pay period haha Hopefully a good group of people to work with for those long shifts. I guess you get your movie time out of the way at work so GW2 can take over at home ;)

So what's the most gorgeous new zone? I remember some people in here raving about Auric Basin, did Dragon Stand beat it out? Looking forward to checking out AB soon after I get back.

spiritfox

Ah ok, that's good you don't have to do 70 every pay period haha Hopefully a good group of people to work with for those long shifts. I guess you get your movie time out of the way at work so GW2 can take over at home ;)

So what's the most gorgeous new zone? I remember some people in here raving about Auric Basin, did Dragon Stand beat it out? Looking forward to checking out AB soon after I get back.

AB is the best mainly due to Tarir. DS has a great final boss but the rest of the zone does not really stand out. I like VB though, due to all the destruction and shit.

AB is the best mainly due to Tarir. DS has a great final boss but the rest of the zone does not really stand out. I like VB though, due to all the destruction and shit.
Ah I've heard that name in game but wasn't sure which zone it was in. I need to look up the boss list in VB to make sure I haven't missed one. The one I know I still need to kill is axeman. Tried him once but there were just three people and no one seemed to have whatever stealth technique you need for him.

Bah, inclimate weather just doubled my lay over time. Time to find a pub in here!

Ah I've heard that name in game but wasn't sure which zone it was in. I need to look up the boss list in VB to make sure I haven't missed one. The one I know I still need to kill is axeman. Tried him once but there were just three people and no one seemed to have whatever stealth technique you need for him.

Bah, inclimate weather just doubled my lay over time. Time to find a pub in here!

We're hosting an organized Verdant Brink run on Saturday evening (9:30pm EST), if you need the Axemaster you can probably pick up a kill then

What if guilds could set up their own mini versions of labyrinth or queen's gauntlet in their own guild hall? No loot, and you had to choose between xp, karma or coin as your reward. PvE on a small scale for players with guild access to fast track new characters while still playing, instead of using tomes and such.

Dead

well not really...yet
Arenanet need to stop freaking putting up new sets of wings on the TP, cause I keep buying them all. They added a pretty bitching new one today

We're hosting an organized Verdant Brink run on Saturday evening (9:30pm EST), if you need the Axemaster you can probably pick up a kill then
I'd love to but am on vacation starting today. On a layover at the airport atm. You guys have fun! I'll keep an eye out for other jungle runs when I get back home :)

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Does gliding mean that we will never see Tengu as a playable race?

I'm still confident that they'll be introduced for promotional synergy when the Power Ranger movie reboot happens.

FlykPhy.jpg

Hellers

Finally got around to levelling all my crafting to 400. Now I'm broke and wondering why I bothered :) Can't afford to push any to 500 just yet but I'm not really after any ascended gear at the moment.

Two characters left to get to 80. My engineer just hit 71 and my warrior is at 36 or thereabouts. Full set of professions at that point and I can go back to the expansion stuff

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

Yea only 4 of us so we all work long hours 6 hours in morning x one of us is on own sometimes that person goes home after 6 or does 14 hour day with another coming in after first 6. So we spend aloy of time together so we are all fairly close. We know more bout each other thsn our own families lol

Yea basically films eyc at work home is gaming or meeting friends etc ^^

HoT having been out for a while, there are some things I would love for them to address in a Feature Pack:

• Tangled Depths. Fuck this map. This is my most hated guild-wars area ever. By far. This map has so many problems.
  • The default enemies are way to cluttered, they CC too much and they have too much health. Keep the vets, champs and elites hard, but for god sake, allow people to run past regular mobs. You can get by if you got clones/turrets/pets/lots of dodge, but if you're running something without any of that, even regular mobs can take you down. Even with a full map there isn't enough to cover the entire map. You cannot explore comfortable at all.
    In TD I start seeing people who just run past you and don't rez anymore. It's a byproduct of everything just being too hard for its own good.
  • Better Map. Navigation in HoT is some of the most impressive I have ever seen in a game, but the map completely breaks. The map is so hard to use, and it's impossible to remove icons there are irrelevant. I have to hover over the HP icons to see which I have earned and which I am missing. The map should have the option to remove already discovered/gotten objects. So many symbols.
  • More Waypoints. It's good to keep it hard and have players die often, either from falling or hard hitting bosses, but could there be more waypoints there are not constantly contested. Tangled Depths is a nightmare. Even with Nouch Burrows Mastery its still really cumbersome. People seem to avoid this map, and it's clear why- the frustrations more than weigh out the fun and the rewards.
  • More unique Loot. The core game had a champion-overhaul which added 34 new exotic weapons to the game. In HoT we have outragous amounts of bags, and we get frequent loot in micro elements. A few airparts here, some crystaline ore here. It's a tricky way to give you a lot of loot, but actually giving you little. I think it's fine, and there is some interesting weapon sets to be had.
    There are new exotic weapons in the game (Mordrem Blade, Lightward, etc..) but really. It seems clear that we need more base-drop. The different bag types (satches, caches, bags, rugsacks, pouches, purses, crests, boxes, and so on..) is beginning to piss me off. It's the same thing. Different types of bags should yield different rewards.
    So please. More unique skins.
  • New Fractals. New sPvP maps. New Guild Missions. Need to support these gameplay systems.
  • Take Story Dungeons into personal story, explorable dungeons into a tier of Fractals, give them the same rewards as regular fractals (plus working towards the dungeon armors).
  • New Masteries: Gliding in Open World. Might be worth doing a public beta-test and rely on players to /bugreport when they break out of map. Anet will patch the game as it goes forward. People want the gliding in the open world. It doesn't invalidate the world. at all. It would be a mastery worth striving for.

Another Mastery that would be nice, would be a summon-squad to squad commander. If you make a squad, then everyone can summon directly to the commanders position. it would be great for a lot of better group organization.
    Imagine doing AB meta, and 4 squads are in the LFG finder, and all the people who are new and don't get it can just summon directly to the commander. It would need to be balanced around a long cooldown and would need a lot of work to not be able to be used for abuse. The idea is just- a commander can better organize if he can get people to him/her quikcly.
  • Is it possible to get shrooms, burrows, gliding and all the stuff in drytop and silverwaste? I feel these maps are an extension of HoT. I'm happy to see how many people are playing drytop, but I hate the aspects. I hate them. I want to use my mastery in these maps.
  • Directx12. Don't say it won't happen. They cooked up a 64bit client (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU). I think we need to work towards a Dx12 version. I know it will take a long time, but the game deserves a coat of new paint.
  • Armors. My main disappointment in the expansion is with regards to Armor. I hate all the armors in HoT except for the Medium Bladed chestpiece. I absolutely hate everything else, and I am very sad. No capes, no toned down robes, leather outfits, simpler plated/metal knight-ish armors, no interesting new gandalf-ish wizard hats. I'm incredible bummed out. Both the guild armor, leyline, bladed. Thumbs down to everything:(
    I know they have been working on the legendary armors and even if they are cool, they are out of reach for most (?) people. When they take another pass at loot, do one for armors as well.

Still. Amazing expansion. Finished Dragons Stand yesterday. Holy shit. That... That was awesome. Made me understand the HoT story ending better too!

That_Shamans latest datamining...

Brace yourself. SAB is coming back. NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOooo

This might be my chance to get all them achievement points I missed when SAB came out and in SAB return to school. Gahh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom