• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Guys, what the economy in the addon is like? It used to be kind of a mess with most of the money concentrated in just a few places (and them being drops), crafting being by and large unprofitable, etc, but they said they are making big changes to make the economy healthier - did they succeed / not / too early to tell?

Too early to tell; Guild Halls have a lot of expensive material requirements, a mix of old and new materials. There was also a big leather sink during Halloween. The old economy was tied into Precursor drops though, and now that there's an alternative method of grabbing those it seems like the hot-ticket items are non-legendary skins (holiday skins, old black lion skins, etc.) and such. Still in flux though.

I really wish I had more time to play this. Bought the xpac at launch and still only level 63. Those new zones look so good.

The good news is, it looks like three of the four zones have enough incentive and longevity that when you DO get a chance to hit them, they'll likely still have a good population. The only one I'm not sure of is Tangled Depths; people don't like the map and the meta event that occurs there is a bit confusing and too easy to fail, from what I can tell (I've never been in an organized TD though).

I'm with you on that one, past the first WTF moment you get the first time in the map because you're completely lost, when you start getting the lay of the land, it's an amazing map, and it really feels like you've 'mastered' it because you took some time to figure it out..

Tangled Depths Spoilers (Not story related, but the map itself is something you should go into blind, so... don't read this unless you've been there already!)
My first "real" MMO (I don't count stuff like PSO or browser-based games) was WoW, and I remember thinking the first time I found a cave that it could spiral down into a whole labyrinth of caverns, and there could be entire networks of caves popping up in all sorts of crazy places. This was followed quickly by one of my first real MMO disappointments, discovering that the cave only went down about 30 feet and was copypasta'd dozens of times across a bunch of different maps (yes, really; Blizzard just used the exact same cave asset over and over and over and over again). I grew up reading about massive underground areas like Moria or Angband (the Silmarillion one, not the game), huge caverns and subterranean spaces that went on endlessly for days, and wanted that kind of setting in an MMO, but none of them ever delivered.

My favorite WoW dungeon was Blackrock Depths, a massive dwarven stronghold inside a volcano that took hours to complete if you wanted to see everything (most groups rarely did in one sitting though). One of the things I was looking forward to the most from the WotLK expansion was "Azjol-Nerub", which was supposed to be a massive underground civilization under Northrend but ended up being two pathetically short dungeons. Even LotRO failed to really capture the feel of Moria, even though an entire expansion was built around it; it was thematically there, but it felt too flat, with none of the twisting stairs and endless passages downwards that I was expecting.

So when I walked into TD, followed that little stream out of the Whispers Camp (following the little clues they conveniently left to direct people that way) and jumped down down down DOWN through layers of caverns and ended up in a Ley-Line cave, I was just... that was my "moment" of the expansion where I knew this was something really special. Everything from the Chak Hive to Rata Novus to the underground lake and waterways is just... fantastic. Everything down there is wonderful, the enemies are tough, you have no advantages, the landscape is full of twists and turns (and one pitch-black room Callunah, Modric and I spent waaaaay too much time in before giving up, but I KNOW there's something in there)... I've been waiting since 2005 for an MMO to have a zone like this, and I hope in the future we get more underground spaces like it (maybe even a whole underground expansion for Primordus with dwarves and Asurans and Skritt that refused to leave...). Ever since I noticed GW2 has map layers for "Upper Level", "Surface" and "Underground" I've hoped they'd have zones that were completely underground, tucked underneath the existing maps. Here's hoping Tangled Depths is just the start (and that more people who appreciate it speak up!)

The new armors really aren't that great, bladed is okay, but extremely over the top, ley-line is just fugly, there is just the light version that barely looks okay on a human female, and knowing everything usually fits on a human female it says much .... it really stands there with the CoF light armor in the top of the worst armors in the game.

I actually really like the Light Ley-Line leggings on my Mesmer (Sylvari Female), I was surprised how good they look. The rest of the sets... not so much. I AM glad that's one of the 'default' HoT armors because some people (coughAshcough) were speculating they'd be the Legendary Armor set and that.... well.... that'd be a disappointment.

donated a few things i didnt have any use for :D ( 500 Potatos lol and other stuff)

Thanks very much, every little bit helps. We've made a lot of progress so far (they said it would take guilds two weeks to unlock the PVP Arena, we were just a few days over that so I think we're right on track) and people have been crazy generous with some not-insignificant items, especially when there was a lot of demand for them (that we've gotten so much flax and coarse sand for kegs/mugs says a lot, considering the Flax boom).

Just another indicator how awesome everyone in the guild is, if anything I feel like the other leaders and I haven't done a good job of communicating exactly what we need, so that's why I made the big list.

Next time you guys are in the guild hall, head to the Southeast waypoint (not the Arena one, the "Shrine Tunnel Waypoint") and glide off the cliff to your right. You'll soar over the southern part of the city and see all the old, ruined buildings full of rubble. Some day, with everyone's help, I'm pretty sure all of those buildings are going to be rebuilt and all the little tents and stuff will get packed away.

They did something really cool with Guild Halls by making them something that takes time and effort to unlock. If we'd just captured it and upgraded everything in a weekend it'd feel pretty pointless but in the coming months / years people are going to look back at the Guild Hall we have now and remember how much it's changed. Take screenshots, guys, so you can post them in future OTs to show what it was like now.

They have a lot of room to add new stuff in later too, shit...

Armours have very specific tasks, which are easy if the armours split them up amoung themselves.

One minor addition to this; the Armours need to stay the ever-loving hell away during the burn phase because all the enemies they're supposed to be keeping at bay come rushing towards the Octovine and it always leads to a shitload of unnecessary deaths (which leads to a loss of damage during the crucial burn window).

Using the armor means you 'sit the fight out' basically, but have a much larger responsibility in the big picture. It's the number one thing that leads to the event failing now that everyone knows basically what to do.

(I dunno why I'm saying this here, GAFers are smart enough to know what to do, it's usually the randos who jump in the armors without a clue who screw things up).

spiritfox

I love the map design for Tangled Depths. You get used to it after playing there for a while, but you can still get lost, which is great. The only problems I have with it are the useless minimap, and the Chak Gherent meta being not very good.

LordCiego

Finished the story and though the same as the WoodenPotato video, all that lore, characters and plot points to use are going to waste, Bobby Stein sorry but you have to step up your game, I know theres a lot of people working on dialog an a lot of plot points to keep track of but well, thats your work, nobody wants this to became a trainwreck like Warcraft story.

On another note, Im enjoying Revenant a lot, scepter/hammer +shiro <3

Retro

I love the map design for Tangled Depths. You get used to it after playing there for a while, but you can still get lost, which is great. The only problems I have with it are the useless minimap, and the Chak Gherent meta being not very good.

Yeah, the one big thing I wish TD had was a better map, if only to work out the logistics of getting to people who may be 100 feet away but in a completely inaccessible area from where you're at.

And I will confess that I have not seen the Meta succeed even once, though I've been focused on getting the Story done and getting Elite Specs unlocked on my main 80s.. and leveling my Revenant... and getting all the Halloween events... and the guild hall... and getting my masteries unlocked... and everything else there is to do. I haven't even dipped a toe into Dragon Stand except to quickly poke around in it with Callunah and Modric one night and to access the storyline.

Finished the story and though the same as the WoodenPotato video, all that lore, characters and plot points to use are going to waste, Bobby Stein sorry but you have to step up your game, I know theres a lot of people working on dialog an a lot of plot points to keep track of but well, thats your work, nobody wants this to became a trainwreck like Warcraft story.

The best storyline happens during the Living Story anyways, in my opinion, because then you can have episodes that revolve entirely around single plot points like Hidden Arcana (which was basically a loregasm with the combined Priory Library and Glint's Lair) or Seeds of Truth (where you're basically playing the backstory for Caithe). The pacing can be a bit slower and they can go into stuff that's happening on the side (a good example of that is the "party" section of Dragon's Reach 2 which veered away from everything for a cool little story beat that also gave us some details on Canach and Anise). Meg and I are making our way through House of Cards (highly recommended, by the way) and there's kind of the same thing going on; there's an overarching plot, but some episodes seem to just divert and focus on side stories or back story or even just stop the plot dead and focus on just character building. You can't really do that with a the main story of the expansion, but you can tell big, dramatic ones, which is what HoT did (and did quite well, in my opinion).

Taken as a whole, Season 2 was basically the start of HoT's storyline, and the stuff in the expansion itself is sort of the climax. Season 3 will probably feel like an epilogue, and remember that raids will also be set after the events of HoT's main story too.

That's not to say Wooden Potatoes (or anyone else, really) doesn't make some valid complaints (I agree that it was too short and there were too many unresolved questions) but I enjoyed it and it got me excited for what's next. Looking only at what shipped with HoT, yeah, there were some shortcomings, but we already know ArenaNet's approach to storyline isn't to have these big punches of lore with nothing in between; there's a Living Story coming and HoT itself is just part of a bigger picture.

To the last point...there's no way in hell things could go so badly off the rails that we'd get into WoW territory. If ArenaNet ever introduces anything as clumsy and absurd as "Blue Squid-Goats from outer space another dimension who crashed their space ship dimensional ship while fleeing genocide instigated by the corrupted squid-goats (you know, the ones that turned the reddish-brown peaceful guys into green bad guys who became green good guys who went back in time to stop the red bad guy who was leading them from turning them into green bad guys in the past before they could carry out the genocide of all the non-evil blue space goats wh-ohdeariseemtohavegonecrosseyed
A1z43TX.gif
) with the help of giant talking inter-dimensional windchimes."
... I, sir, will eat my Charr Plush. Happily. I can't see anyone at ArenaNet letting things get so Metzen'd.

jmartoine

Wouldn't be surprised if the meta gets nerfed there. Had a few really well coordinated attempts this weekend with 20+ in each lane and the Nunoch lane failed in the third phase a few times which was quite frustrating. I'm not saying the group I was with was great but we were very capable and wrecked the events leading up to the final push.

While I have tried DS yet, VB and AB's events were much more casual friendly than TD and I cannot see many pugs or casuals completing it without a small nerf.

Wanderer5

Looking back at the datamining, there still are three sets we haven't seen in the game, and I really REALLY hope thosre are NOT the legendary armors ! Not only because they don't really look legendary, but also because I really was looking forward to the medium one :O
Light - Medium - Heavy

Be interesting to see what those armors come into play for. A regular and a upgraded version hm, maybe the upgraded is legendary armor in the end, and the regular are precursors.:p Speaking of which, wow at the new skins for the old precursors weapons, which are now what I just said.

To the last point...there's no way in hell things could go so badly off the rails that we'd get into WoW territory. If ArenaNet ever introduces anything as clumsy and absurd as "Blue Squid-Goats from outer space another dimension who crashed their space ship dimensional ship while fleeing genocide instigated by the corrupted squid-goats (you know, the ones that turned the reddish-brown peaceful guys into green bad guys who became green good guys who went back in time to stop the red bad guy who was leading them from turning them into green bad guys in the past before they could carry out the genocide of all the non-evil blue space goats wh-ohdeariseemtohavegonecrosseyed
A1z43TX.gif
) with the help of giant talking inter-dimensional windchimes."
... I, sir, will eat my Charr Plush. Happily. I can't see anyone at ArenaNet letting things get so Metzen'd.

Draenei's history in a nutshell lol?

explodet

My guild keeps harping on about how much coarse sand they need. I've resorted to taking my jugg Engineer to the Silverwastes and setting dust mites on fire.

Takes me back to my WoW farming days.

Draenei's history in a nutshell lol?
Where's my playable pandas tengu?

Callunah

Neo Member
. I haven't even dipped a toe into Dragon Stand except to quickly poke around in it with Callunah and Modric one night and to access the storyline.

We poked around in there last night for awhile, mainly cuz we were on the prowl for the new ranger pets... and ended up in a non-stop whirlwind of killing/maiming/gaining xp fabulousness.... but we didn't succeed in the end either. lol Maybe we will go back in tonight for a bit and drag you wif us. haha

If you told me 3 months ago that I would be buying exotic soldiers gear to bring my necro into fractals (over my fully equipped in ascended ele, thief, or mesmer) I would be like GURL WHAT and yet here we are

I hate the fractal changes so much. Once I get to 100 I'm never doing these ever again, they're the least fun I've ever had in PvE and the rewards are garbage to match. We spent 15 damn minutes killing the Legendary Ice Elemental in Dredge last night. It's not hard, just needlessly tedious.

Maledict

If you told me 3 months ago that I would be buying exotic soldiers gear to bring my necro into fractals (over my fully equipped in ascended ele, thief, or mesmer) I would be like GURL WHAT and yet here we are

I hate the fractal changes so much. Once I get to 100 I'm never doing these ever again, they're the least fun I've ever had in PvE and the rewards are garbage to match. We spent 15 damn minutes killing the Legendary Ice Elemental in Dredge last night. It's not hard, just needlessly tedious.

To be fair, GW2 bosses have had that issue since day 1. Hit point sponge has been a constant screw up in the game, and boss fights which could be entertaining and fun just end up dull because they go on for so so long.

I think the changes to fractals at the lower end are great, and perfect for players like me who didn't get very far in the old system. They clearly need work later on though.

(Loot at the lower end is fantastic - I have 4 ascended rings already).

EDIT: Has the new fractal mastery broken the way infused items now work BTW? It seems ridiculously easy and cheap to turn an ascended ring into an infused ring, and I thought one of the big draws of later fractals was the infused drops?

Windows 10 or expansion or anyone of the two has made this game unplayable for me. I keep hitting max memory and gw2 crashing. (ironically, it started when I downloaded 64 bit).

At first I was mad but find myself not caring anymore.

Quenk

EDIT: Has the new fractal mastery broken the way infused items now work BTW? It seems ridiculously easy and cheap to turn an ascended ring into an infused ring, and I thought one of the big draws of later fractals was the infused drops?

Infused drops were nice but that definitely wasn't a draw of the later fractals. Fractal weapons and ascended chests were the main draws

Windows 10 or expansion or anyone of the two has made this game unplayable for me. I keep hitting max memory and gw2 crashing. (ironically, it started when I downloaded 64 bit).

At first I was mad but find myself not caring anymore.

Weird. I'm running 10, and 64-bit, and my client never seems to go over 2.5GB. Are you running an ATI card or Nvidia?

To be fair, GW2 bosses have had that issue since day 1. Hit point sponge has been a constant screw up in the game, and boss fights which could be entertaining and fun just end up dull because they go on for so so long.

I think the changes to fractals at the lower end are great, and perfect for players like me who didn't get very far in the old system. They clearly need work later on though.

(Loot at the lower end is fantastic - I have 4 ascended rings already).

I've heard the exact opposite actually, people saying that bosses are too squishy/glass cannon builds are too good, and fights end before you can see the mechanics. At least for dungeons anyways (RIP)

The early fractals are now very easy to get in to, so they succeeded in that. It's pretty hard to fail at anything before 20, and it's much less of a time commitment than it used to be which is great for new players. I'll give them that. They promised 50 more fractal levels, and I was looking forward to new challenges and learning new things but I find myself dragging my feet to even complete the dailies post-HoT launch. It's the same old stuff, just with irritating handicaps that invalidate a lot of the builds that people were playing before. (It seems like their answer to the zerker meta is upping toughness... so people are just going to go glass cannon condi instead? Not a lot of build diversity happening there, I'm not sure what they thought would happen. There are a lot fewer classes that have a good condi build vs a good power build, so they reduced diversity in efficient groups if anything. :<)

Ascended rings were being handed out like candy even before, you could start receiving them at lvl 10 I believe. Ascended rings were the *bad* drops of the previous fractals... most of the people who regularly ran fractals pre-HoT had multiple bank tabs full of them. These days I'm happy to see anything that isn't a fractal encryption box. People used to run fractals hoping for ascended boxes or fractal skins. Rings were always very easy to infuse, there just wasn't much of a reason to before because you started getting infused rings anyways past a certain level.

I hate the fractal changes so much. Once I get to 100 I'm never doing these ever again, they're the least fun I've ever had in PvE and the rewards are garbage to match.
Why not wait for Anet to make changes to fractals? Why torture yourself through something that you do not find fun? Even before the gold nerf I long stopped running any dungeon with PUGs, even though >99% of PUG runs were problem-free. I no longer found them fun and would only run with guild members so we can socialize and talk behind Adriaaa's back. Even if the rewards are great, I've sworn myself to never repeat any game activity that I find excruciatingly mind-numbing. #1 example to me was farming SW for luminescent armor. I overdid it so much in a short period of time that I'll never voluntarily set foot in the SW ever again. I'm actually feeling ill right now thinking about the SW. It could also be the hot wings I just finished.

leng jai

I've heard the exact opposite actually, people saying that bosses are too squishy/glass cannon builds are too good, and fights end before you can see the mechanics. At least for dungeons anyways (RIP)

The early fractals are now very easy to get in to, so they succeeded in that. It's pretty hard to fail at anything before 20, and it's much less of a time commitment than it used to be which is great for new players. I'll give them that. They promised 50 more fractal levels, and I was looking forward to new challenges and learning new things but I find myself dragging my feet to even complete the dailies post-HoT launch. It's the same old stuff, just with irritating handicaps that invalidate a lot of the builds that people were playing before. (It seems like their answer to the zerker meta is upping toughness... so people are just going to go glass cannon condi instead? Not a lot of build diversity happening there, I'm not sure what they thought would happen. There are a lot fewer classes that have a good condi build vs a good power build, so they reduced diversity in efficient groups if anything. :<)

Ascended rings were being handed out like candy even before, you could start receiving them at lvl 10 I believe. Ascended rings were the *bad* drops of the previous fractals... most of the people who regularly ran fractals pre-HoT had multiple bank tabs full of them. These days I'm happy to see anything that isn't a fractal encryption box. People used to run fractals hoping for ascended boxes or fractal skins. Rings were always very easy to infuse, there just wasn't much of a reason to before because you started getting infused rings anyways past a certain level.

Not sure about Fractal bosses but the dungeon ones are a joke now. As expected they didn't re-balance anything at all with the new Elite specs and most of the champs melt in under a minute, and the end bosses take about half the time they used to.

The combination of new powerful skills due to Elite specs, and bosses now having a breakbar with guaranteed stun for a quick DPS burn, means things feel (and are) easier for now, especially older content that likely has not been rebalanced. I'm unsure if I care if they rebalance older content or not - if it's easier now, cool. A lot of people will like that. As long as there is still challenging content for those that want it, everyone's happy for about five seconds. Perhaps this is one of the reasons they nerfed dungeon rewards - because it's so much easier to do now.

I thought this kinda went without saying though. Pretty normal for an MMO xpac, I think.

Retro

Guild Hall Update:
  • First, make sure you're hitting the Ore Synthesizer every day, as it is the only source of "Shimmering Crystals." I'm 99.9% sure they'll be used to buy / craft the Shimmering Weapon skins that we'll unlock later.
  • Thanks to some very generous donations from Humenkind, Shiz and Scum (not being nasty, that's the account name!) we'll have Aetherium Capacity upgraded to 7500 on Wednesday. That's the amount we need to unlock some cool stuff like the second set of Guild Armor (We'll need to be level 28 and upgrade the market first).
  • Still need Ley-line infused tools for the Mining Rate upgrade though; right now we generate 1 Aetherium every 40 seconds (so from zero to cap is 2 days and 7 hours) so that could definitely be quicker.
  • Still 4 small upgrades we're ready to activate, with a few more really close, but they take 3000 Aetherium so we'll wait a bit before we trigger those. Lots of donations towards stuff like that, thanks to everyone who's been chipping in.
  • Before missions every Saturday, I'm going to be giving a tour of the Guild Hall while we spend the first few minutes getting parties organized and such. Not only will this ensure people know what we have available and where everything is, but it'll get everyone in the Guild Hall so we can use the mass teleport feature which is all sorts of badass.
    • On that note, we have all four PVE mission types this week, so it'll hopefully be getting back towards our normal Mission Fever.

Wanderer5

Awesome. Donated some stuff last night, I see if I can do a bit more in the near future.

Anything known of what you need to craft the armors?

[*]Before missions every Saturday, I'm going to be giving a tour of the Guild Hall while we spend the first few minutes getting parties organized and such. Not only will this ensure people know what we have available and where everything is, but it'll get everyone in the Guild Hall so we can use the mass teleport feature which is all sorts of badass.

I'll be there this Sat for this. I need it - that place confounds me.

Retro

Awesome. Donated some stuff last night, I see if I can do a bit more in the near future.

Anything known of what you need to craft the armors?

Not sure what's needed for the Armor itself, but to unlock it we need to be Guild Level 28 and have Market Restoration 2 completed (which is actually pretty reasonable; 6 each of cloth / leather / metal 18 slot bags, 200 globs of ecto, 5 trading post expresses, a few odds and ends we're really close on, and guild level 22).

After this next mine upgrade, we should be level 22; we can wait to build up 5k Aetherium again and do the Market Restoration 2 then, which will give us our first "Tier 2" structure in the hall (which looks cool) and get us one step closer to both the new Guild Armors and the Shimmering Weapons.

I'll be there this Sat for this. I need it - that place confounds me.

Yeah, it's a bit spread out, and there's a lot of empty space; I'm not sure if it's because there's so much that will expand, so much they want to add into it later, or because they just felt like giving decorators a lot of room to play. Either way, I think it's cool to have tours, I saw another guild mention it on twitter and it's a pretty good idea (plus it gets us organized and gives us a meet-up spot; we'll have "our bar" back again soon!)

dentoomw

Just to share some frustration, I'm having zero luck finding a Verdant Brink map to manage to T4 the night cycle...

Seems like people tend to a) congregate around the central Pact camp and not spread out enough on the others and b) everyone rushes the bosses rather than having a few staying behind to defend.

I'm hoping once squad UI gets implemented it should make organizing all of this somewhat easier. This doubles for the Tangled Depths meta which seems particularly brutal.

Oh well, at least in the meantime I'm leveling my masteries and getting a ton of other loot.

But damn that Bladed Chestpiece....it's just too sexy to pass up.

PC broken since Sunday, I don't know if it's a faulty PSU and slowly dying Mobo, BSOD every time I game..

-Memtest no errors of 8 hours of testing..
-CPU not over heating..
-I have tested my GPU on another older Dual Core PC no BSOD, can't game on that GW2 runs like shit, i rather not play..
-Friend supposed to bring his PSU tester to my house tomorrow.
-if it's the mobo i have another mobo same socket so i can rebuild there..
-If it's PSU i will just buy another one and be without gaming for at least another few days depends on how long Newegg takes to deliver..
-I could game on my laptop but GW2 looks like dirt, for now i will just log on the laptop for daily rewards and sign off..catch up on some 360 games while i figure this shit out..

Just to share some frustration, I'm having zero luck finding a Verdant Brink map to manage to T4 the night cycle...

I wish then you could have played with us last Saturday when GAFGuild did a Verdant Brink cycle. We finished with something like seven minutes left on the clock. Maybe we'll get back around to trying it again some time in the future.

Hedge

I keep crashing after giving the octovine like 5 hits. Only during that event. Really frustrating.
Give me my darn hero point!

Indignate

Seems like people tend to a) congregate around the central Pact camp and not spread out enough on the others and b) everyone rushes the bosses rather than having a few staying behind to defend.

Are you looking for taxis into maps or just going with whichever you've been dropped in? I've had the same issue with A and similar issues with B, mostly because people still don't really understand how the map (more specifically, the night portion) works yet.

Someone just has to take charge and explain it. I've completed it quite a few times with pugs already and each time there was someone explaining and sometimes that person was me because there was nobody else doing it. I said this earlier in the thread, but this map is honestly the most fun I've had with the game.

So generally my advice is to try and taxi into organized maps (as well as taxi in people yourself) and take charge if needed.

dentoomw

I wish then you could have played with us last Saturday when GAFGuild did a Verdant Brink cycle. We finished with something like seven minutes left on the clock. Maybe we'll get back around to trying it again some time in the future.

On that note, it might be a good idea to join GAF guild :p My username is Candalos.2467 if an invite is possible :)

I have another active but small guild of close friends I play with, so I might not be able to rep everyday but our event days don't overlap, so I can definitely contribute still during those times :)

On that note, it might be a good idea to join GAF guild :p My username is Candalos.2467 if an invite is possible :)

I have another active but small guild of close friends I play with, so I might not be able to rep everyday but our event days don't overlap, so I can definitely contribute still during those times :)

Invite sent, welcome to the guild.

We have no rep requirement, so rep as little or as often as you'd like. The only requirement we really have is that you log in to the game once every few weeks. When the member cap starts inching towards the max (500) we clear out the accounts who haven't logged on in 2+ months to make space for currently active players to join us, that's all.

Retro

So Ike found a way to break into the northeast corner of the Guild Hall, which can best be described as a Waterfall Palace. With the power of pumpkins, we were able to climb high enough to just barely glide to a section of the guild hall that only a few people have been able to see thanks to a glitch the night we captured it.

We've got a reliable(ish) way to get back up there so if anyone wants to see it in person and take some screenshots (coughmiktarcough) I'd be happy to port people up. For now, you'll have to enjoy the screenshots from last night;

Ashodin

I'm worried about the puzzle missions. Seems the word on the street is they only give out rewards to the first people who click accept credit and no one else. Guy claimed 30+ ran through the puzzle but only six got the rewards.

What the hell you do Anet?

Callunah

Neo Member
So Ike found a way to break into the northeast corner of the Guild Hall, which can best be described as a Waterfall Palace. With the power of pumpkins, we were able to climb high enough to just barely glide to a section of the guild hall that only a few people have been able to see thanks to a glitch the night we captured it.

We've got a reliable(ish) way to get back up there so if anyone wants to see it in person and take some screenshots (coughmiktarcough) I'd be happy to port people up. For now, you'll have to enjoy the screenshots from last night;

hehe and you thought we were BSing about there being beautiful things behind that wall!! =)

Retro

Map Completion error (not rewards!) should be getting fixed today;
BillFreist said:
I just finished doing a trial run and verifying that we can now move forward. As of right now, I plan on briefly blocking access to affected accounts tomorrow morning between 8am and 12pm PST. If all goes well, the block to the affected accounts will only last around 15 minutes – if not, it could be up to an hour or so.

I tried to get this done within work hours to ensure we have everyone available if something goes wrong, but because I’m such a paranoid person my testing took much longer because of how thorough it was

We’ll send a warning to those affect in advance of disabling the account.

-Bill (source)

hehe and you thought we were BSing about there being beautiful things behind that wall!! =)

You guys were going on and on about how cool it was I thought you were at least exaggerating to annoy me since I couldn't get up there. You were right though, very pretty.

explodet

I'm worried about the puzzle missions. Seems the word on the street is they only give out rewards to the first people who click accept credit and no one else. Guy claimed 30+ ran through the puzzle but only six got the rewards.

I'm hearing similar issues with guild race missions as well as the busted puzzle missions. It's a bit of a clusterfuck.

Treks and Bounties still worked with my guild, though.

The fact that they explicitly had to accept credit makes me think they were using another guild's puzzle. Are puzzles instanced now too?

People were saying there was the same issue with rushes but we proved that false last weekend, so I guess we'll see this weekend when we get through it. :<

spiritfox

Map Completion error should be getting fixed today;

You guys were going on and on about how cool it was I thought you were at least exaggerating to annoy me since I couldn't get up there. You were right though, very pretty.

This isn't the 100% map completion bug, it's the one where people lost areas that were previously unlocked.

Retro

This isn't the 100% map completion bug, it's the one where people lost areas that were previously unlocked.

Right, if they were I would have mentioned rewards in my post. This bug is the one that resets how much of the map you've completed. I'll reword my post for clarity.

Wanderer5

NERF did one with 14 sunday, and only 3 got the reward. Did it a second time and there were still least a couple that didn't get it. NERF has two rush and a puzzle this weekend, and I not looking forward to it. Challenge and bounty seem to be fine through.

&#9733; Jumping Puzzle Event Series &#9733;
&#9734; NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 11 &#9734;

Event #12 - Conundrum Cubed

Required Character Level: 1 (63 recommended)
Required Zone: Mount Maelstrom

Recommended Waypoint:
Govoran Waypoint - [&BMgCAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (7:30 PM EST) on Wednesday night. Note that this is an HOUR EARLIER than our previous events because of daylight savings.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

_woLf

I love the new Lyssa outfit! Looks fantastic on my elementalist. Easily my fav of the god/desses outfits released so far.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/raid-rewards-in-guildwars2/

Too me it looks like they thought of everything when it comes to rewards for Raids! Look forward to trying it out. Hope to create a parents raid group so we can take it one boss at a time instead of spending 4-6 hours to try and complete the whole wing.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/enter-spirit-vale-on-november-17/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/november-17-2015/
I like these release specific overview pages.

ba934Legendary-Rewards.jpg

The screenshot of legendary armor guy, isn't that just light armor from gem store?

Trickster's light armor? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trickster's_Light-Armor_Skin

Cathcart

So I'm a little late on this one but I'm currently at 9/10 on every piece of Luminescent armor. How hard are the S2 cheevos? Guess I should do some research to see how many of them require a group.

Anyway, if anyone else still has some of those they want to knock out just let me know (Fubsy/Zyrawen/Kalistarra). I'm not in a rush, but I'd like to get the set (and the ascended armor piece) at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom