• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

ba934Legendary-Rewards.jpg

The screenshot of legendary armor guy, isn't that just light armor from gem store?

Trickster's light armor? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trickster's_Light-Armor_Skin

I think that just showing off the weapon (which looks kind of cool there). He has the carapace shoulders.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
basilisk's petrification is a source of amusement and arthritis

gw0820epnu.jpg

gw083n0obq.jpg

my charr is stuck in that pose while moving and attacking until I got petrified again lol

Taffer

So I'm a little late on this one but I'm currently at 9/10 on every piece of Luminescent armor. How hard are the S2 cheevos? Guess I should do some research to see how many of them require a group.

Anyway, if anyone else still has some of those they want to knock out just let me know (Fubsy/Zyrawen/Kalistarra). I'm not in a rush, but I'd like to get the set (and the ascended armor piece) at some point.

You can do them all solo. Anyone claiming you need an Ike for the timed challenge in Arcana Obscura is a terrible person and should be ignored. A terrible, terrible person.

Cathcart

You can do them all solo. Anyone claiming you need an Ike for the timed challenge in Arcana Obscura is a terrible person and should be ignored. A terrible, terrible person.

They can pretty much all be solo'd to my memory. Dulfy guides are handy if you just want to work through them bit by bit. Wiked Rodeo is the only one that takes some practice. Or just get Ike to carry you.

Edit: There's one timing one where you go underneath the priory (Arcana Obscura?) that requires a group.

Good stuff, good stuff. Alright, I'll hit up a guide and see how far I get. If things get dicey I'll smash the glass plate over the giant red Ike button next to my computer. The button doesn't actually do anything, but screw that glass plate, man.

They're disabling certain consumables in raids.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Item-Restrictions-in-Raids

Gaile Gray said:
Following up on today’s blog post about raid rewards, we wanted to share some details on specific items:
In order to preserve the challenge of raids, we’re disabling the use of a number of items inside raid instances. Many of these restrictions will be familiar, as they’re also disabled in WvW and dungeons. However, we are also disallowing the use of many runes and sigils that provide bonus damage versus particular types of enemies, as well as the potions that give similar effects. Using food and utility buffs inside a raid is perfectly okay, but most other items that give bonus damage or access to new skills beyond your profession have been disabled.

No harpy feathers for you

Hubb

Ya, everything on gem store is outfits now, no more armor skins. All the armor skins are going to be obtainable in-game by playing, outfits will be gems only though.

There are still some armor skins in the gem store. I recently came back to the game so I assume you mean from here on out they will all be outfits. If true that is disappointing, hopefully more armor is coming in a content update then. I don't need to buy it in the gem store, but I do like collecting armor.

Aquila

Reaper or Herald? I only have one character slot.

Still a bit confused as to how this is all going to play out

Just a more involved dungeon explorable path. Only difference is that when all 3 wings are available you can do all 3, 1 after another without leaving the instance.

I think.

Exactly. From my understanding, each portion of the raid, whether a wing or boss, will be released over time (2-4 weeks most likely) until the entire thing is fully playable start to finish.

For example, it'd be like if Destiny only let you fight til Warpriest on the first week of the latest raid. Two weeks in you could fight Warpriest and then Gorgoroth. After that you could fight up til the Daughters and so on.

Colin told me that the raid will save your progress after every boss so for me this is awesome because it will be difficult for me to find more than an hour a night to spend on a raid.

Hope I can find people who want to do these at same pace as me.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
like i posted in guild chat, the login reward for piece of exotic equipment contains no revenant option (this is not a chest before launch in case of people thinking retoactive this was one i got today for loggin)

Retro

If folks can donate 61 Ley-Line Infused Tools in the next 6 hours we can speed up our mining process, otherwise we'll expand the capacity (still a good upgrade) but have longer to wait for it to fill. Both are decent, but the faster we generate Aetherium the sooner we can upgrade other stuff.

Colin told me that the raid will save your progress after every boss so for me this is awesome because it will be difficult for me to find more than an hour a night to spend on a raid.

Hope I can find people who want to do these at same pace as me.

Considering you only need 9 people and you can collect your weekly reward without screwing everyone else over or getting screwed yourself, I think you should be okay. I see a few people organizing a regular time, but for most people it might just be a matter of tagging along when folks get 'em going.

Anet just scared the crap out of me, they disabled my account temporarily to fix the HoT lost progress bug...the message was a ban message, wasn't oh hey we are fixing an issue...

Retro

I'm sure we'll probably have quite a few people eager to join raids, likely more than the 10 player cap. We should try to have a few open spots for people who don't regularly read the forums / have a GAF account. It's very unlikely we'll always have the exact numbers to fill groups sufficient for everyone to go, but hopefully interest / demand is enough that we can have more than one group going at a time.

In other news, we're about 25 Ley-Line infused tools shy of Mining Rate 3 tonight; if we don't get them in time, we'll activate a cheap upgrade (we're literally 15 points shy of level 22) so we don't blow our entire 5k cap and try later in the week.

Once we're level 22, we can do Market Restoration 2, which is basically paid for supply-wise and (unless something has changed since the live stream) will give us a Guild Airship;

So... you know... kickass incentives.
JUWnj.gif

Goldrush

Here is how you decide.

1. Make a herald, go to the mist and test it out in a match. Delete.
2. Maket a reaper and test it out in the mist (PvP zone). Delete.
3. Decide.

One of the thing I loved and wished I took advantage of in the beta was the ability to test out builds in a PvE setting. I guess a good PvP build will wreck stuff in PvE, but priority are a bit different.

Retro

Thanks to some big donations from Lump and Shadow we had enough Ley-line Infused tools to spring for the Mining Rate 3 upgrade, which means we'll be unlocking Merchant Restoration 2 Thursday afternoon instead of Friday since we're generating Aetherium faster. It shaves off a full 10 seconds per Aetherium.

Yergi

Neo Member
Hey guys, I've come back to Guild Wars 2 with all I've heard about the expansion (especially the addition of action camera, which I'm loving so far). Never gotten too deep into it, I'm actually just now about to wrap up the Personal Story from the base game.

Anyways, could I get an invite to the GAF guild? My display name is Yergi.9413

Thanks, and looking forward to playing with you all!

Hey guys, I've come back to Guild Wars 2 with all I've heard about the expansion (especially the addition of action camera, which I'm loving so far). Never gotten too deep into it, I'm actually just now about to wrap up the Personal Story from the base game.

Anyways, could I get an invite to the GAF guild? My display name is Yergi.9413

Thanks, and looking forward to playing with you all!

I sent you an invite, welcome to the guild!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I blew all my golf on gems to buy that account kickstart thing that had 2 bank and bag slots.

Really enjoying this space! Poor now though :(

Cathcart

Nuts, I saw a post on the forums yesterday that the map bug was going to be fixed overnight. I thought they meant the bug where some characters don't receive map complete rewards, but instead it was a bug where map discovery resets in HoT zones.

Oh well. Good news is the 100% rewards are supposed to be fixed in the next release.

Finished the story last night:

That was epic, and I really liked all the fight mechanics. Eir and Garm was a riot, since Eir does all the work. The Pale Tree fight was much more involved, but took a bit too long I feel, especially since there was never any danger. The final fight against Modremoth was a bit more engaging - dat music. Easy fight mechanics (which is kinda the point when doing a one-two-three system of layered tutorial fights), but still fun. Looknig forward to seeing what happens next in Living World.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Anyone using steam controller? Tell me your configs!

H3x what are your current bindings??

Finished the story last night:

That was epic, and I really liked all the fight mechanics. Eir and Garm was a riot, since Eir does all the work. The Pale Tree fight was much more involved, but took a bit too long I feel, especially since there was never any danger. The final fight against Modremoth was a bit more engaging - dat music. Easy fight mechanics (which is kinda the point when doing a one-two-three system of layered tutorial fights), but still fun. Looknig forward to seeing what happens next in Living World.

The fight mechanics were awesome. I really enjoyed that. Wonder how difficult the achievements will be.

Wanderer5

Lol could have gone to the JP today. My mindset is too I wouldn't be able to make it cause of school.

Anyway, so finally went through a auric basin meta event completion, and lol there a achievement that you do it 100 times.

Also ugh there this PoI I can't get to in Verdant Brink. It the PoI that is waaaaaaaay up above the Shrouded Ruins on a square like piece of rock being hold by a vine. Think I might have found a way via this here (PoI is on the right)

Wanderer5

Thought it had to be a night thing, but ah that where one of the bosses are. I was able to updraft all around the place during the day part. Guess I just check it out in those last 20 mins then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom