• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenk

Snow Crows and Sickest Guild NA have both cleared the first wing. From what they've said, strategy is more important than profession comps for Sabetha. Sounds like it'll be fun to work through with the guild.

Remfin

That essay was right on with the toughness thing...it's amazing how clueless people are about this game. I'm pretty sure that fact about armor/toughness was actually mentioned in game somewhere...it's certainly been on the Wiki since forever.

Some people may remember my complaining like a year ago about that and how painful it made dungeon runs...

Retro

That essay was right on with the toughness thing...it's amazing how clueless people are about this game. I'm pretty sure that fact about armor/toughness was actually mentioned in game somewhere...it's certainly been on the Wiki since forever.

Some people may remember my complaining like a year ago about that and how painful it made dungeon runs...

It's been pretty common knowledge in these parts, mostly because there's always somebody who drops into GW2/MMO threads and says something to the effect of "I hated the combat, everyone just runs around and nobody has aggro." Toughness (as well as using a shield) has always been the best way to draw aggro (except where it's trumped by another trigger, some bosses absolutely HATE if you revive downed players), but the Berserker Meta and crap like stacking makes it impossible to find that out because the goal there is to basically render the AI inert.

People are clueless because stuff like that made it pointless to learn.

spiritfox

Thanks Mordio, Nepova, Soph, and Humenkind for carrying me through Seeds of Truth and Point of No Return. It was so much easier with a group.

docbon

Gold reserves critical, but I got my ascended viper pistols crafted. That's as much effort as I'm willing to put forth towards the Vale Guardian for the time being.

Proven

Well, it's the drama that bothers him, so it's not just what the guild does, but also how ANet responded and how the community at large is responding to that exchange.

Wow 50 points? I didn't know it was that high, that is pretty important. Although, ten player deaths? I didn't think those counted to team score in Stronghold? That is generally my issue with the game mode, if I'm behind in points and offensive pressure, I'm not sure at all what I can do to rebound my team. I just end up defending or running supply to knock down doors and get to more guards to kill for points. Which doesn't normally work since most people fall back to defense which doesn't seem to offer many points.

It's a big problem with the game mode, honestly. There aren't enough comeback mechanics. The only thing you can do to come back is wipe the enemy team and then win the double mist hero fights. That's it. They really need a way to spend supply that's in the lord room.

It's 1 block u get either way. That can be swapped.

This whole idea came from last nights run where Fishious told me about his previous run he did with retro and how he used turrets to keep the seekers away.

Also this is just a fun idea I don't expect people to run engi only.

Seriously? With turrets? Awesome.

I think Fishious mentioned that retro used eat turret to imobalize seekers. Haven't talked to retro about it.

If I get a chance to raid today I might want to try it to see how well it works.

Retro

I think Fishious mentioned that retro used eat turret to imobalize seekers. Haven't talked to retro about it.

Wasn't me, I was too busy putting my flamethrower up Vale Guardian's ass to fool around with the orbs beyond knocking them away from the group.

Retro

Must have been someone else. Fishious just likes saying it was you, since as we know he is your clone.

You shouldn't start vicious rumors like that, I'm literally beside myself with anger here. I'm sure Fishious doesn't appreciate you telling folks his genes are hand-me-downs either.

sU1rVwm.jpg

It is time, GAF?

Quit hatin' on the Red Panda logo (c). It's tradition.

Edit:
Google images actually sorts red panda pictures by emotion. That's kind of crazy.
PbB9ukh.png

Retro

I would post a picture of an angry red panda, but there aren't any. Anywhere. On the entire internet. I think the species is incapable of any emotion that isn't some variation of adorable.

Fishious

Wasn't me, I was too busy putting my flamethrower up Vale Guardian's ass to fool around with the orbs beyond knocking them away from the group.

Sorry my bad. I just remember our group on Tuesday evening (it was Tuesday evening right? Or maybe it was the run I did before that? I'm beginning to question everything now) originally had someone focusing on keeping seekers back, but we weren't pumping out near enough dps to even hit phase 2. So we had that person go back on dps and there was talk of turrets. As I said last page other people may have adjusted their build and skill loadouts to deal with seekers without losing too much dps. All I know is after that seekers seemed to be much less of a problem and we easily kept the entire party's hp topped up.

Again, I'm not saying turrets are specifically the answer, but may be a valid option to consider. If there's any engineers that want to experiment I'd be interested in hearing the results. The seekers have a set duration (someone should really take count of how long they last) before they disappear so the objective is just to keep them away from the tank/team on the boss and the group on the lightning circle. I think something like thumper turret should be considered because it continually pulses out cripple and with proper placement should be able to catch all the seekers as they converge, plus has a launch for emergencies. Most importantly it is fire and forget so the engineer can focus on dps.

I'm really interested to hear what other gaffers who have been raiding have to say about what worked/didn't work since it's hard to keep track of what 9 other people are doing during a raid, especially as people swap characters or people drop and new ones come in.

We are really really close to clearing Vale Guardian. We're consistently getting to the last phase with plenty of time left but the green circles are appearing in inopportune locations in final phase and if you miss one blue dodge you're dead etc etc. Just need a bit more practice keeping everything tidy and we'll be good to go. I think this first fight will be easily puggable in a few months.

The hardest part for us atm is finding enough people with appropriate builds and time when all these people are available for a few hours zzz. Condi and healers are hard to come by.

Retro

t0Tmnas.jpg

(still adorable tho)

See, he's definitely grumpy, but he's too cute to be angry. I think you'd have to give one rabies before it hit the angry mark.

Sorry my bad. I just remember our group on Tuesday evening (it was Tuesday evening right? Or maybe it was the run I did before that? I'm beginning to question everything now) originally had someone focusing on keeping seekers back, but we weren't pumping out near enough dps to even hit phase 2. So we had that person go back on dps and there was talk of turrets. As I said last page other people may have adjusted their build and skill loadouts to deal with seekers without losing too much dps. All I know is after that seekers seemed to be much less of a problem and we easily kept the entire party's hp topped up.

I was there, but it was Modric who was using turrets.

I'm still learning everyone's alts names since people are switching up their mains. I did a big chunk of Dragon Stand with Levyne and didn't even notice it was him for like, 15 minutes because he was on an alt.

Fishious

I was there, but it was Modric who was using turrets.

I'm still learning everyone's alts names since people are switching up their mains. I did a big chunk of Dragon Stand with Levyne and didn't even notice it was him for like, 15 minutes because he was on an alt.

Ok, thank you for the correction. And thanks to Modric for the turret idea, I think it has potential.

With how hectic everything gets, how people are using their alts, and with raid members dropping in and out it can be hard to keep track. I also don't get on GAF mumble often so I can't recognize people by their voices yet.

Anno

So I'm learning Chronomancer (and most of Mesmer anyways) while doing world completion, and man it's pretty great. Even just having access to the shield and no skills makes for a lot of fun plays. Hitting a perfect Tides of Time and blinking into a max duration BF with a full shatter at the end was pretty epic. Doubt that happens often, but it feels good.

This class is pretty great. Will certainly be the first alt I put significant time into.

The hardest part for us atm is finding enough people with appropriate builds and time when all these people are available for a few hours zzz. Condi and healers are hard to come by.

I was available from 8pm till 12pm last night. ;..; I booked the time, since I thought that was the plan...

But in all seriousness - since raids take so much time and focus, if GAF people are going to be doing them, there needs to be clear times and teams set, or you'll end up with issues.

Quenk

We are really really close to clearing Vale Guardian. We're consistently getting to the last phase with plenty of time left but the green circles are appearing in inopportune locations in final phase and if you miss one blue dodge you're dead etc etc. Just need a bit more practice keeping everything tidy and we'll be good to go. I think this first fight will be easily puggable in a few months.

I want to raid but family stuff. And apparently it's for longer than I thought so I won't get to play until Tuesday night :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom