• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

The fractal changes are disappointing to me because the old scale 50 was hard, and even thought it sucked to get a ring or nothing for the 30-40 minutes spent doing it, you could still have a chance to get great loot and you were being continuously challenged and improving yourself.

New fractals are now absurdly easy on low scales and ridiculously boring on higher scales (you hit enemies like a banana yet they hit you like for even less), except in cases where they are just unfair (hello fighting jellyfish boss and its millions of mini jellyfishes while being inflicted with all possible conditions). I originally expected that the old scale 50 difficulty would be tuned to mid scale 70 and beyond that we would have hard encounters with great rewards, yet what we got is a system where I can run two swamp fractals and jade maw and get the same reward as someone who ran scales 97-98-99.

It baffles me this was a design that was agreed upon and implemented, and makes me wary of what the fractal changes will be.

(aaaand another one for jumping puzzle and Dragon's Stand, just didn't want it all to get lost)

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 25 ☆

Event #15 - Only Zuhl
Required Character Level: 1 (53 recommended)
Required Zone: Timberline Falls

Recommended Waypoint:
Foundation 86 Waypoint - [&BE4CAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (7:30 PM EST) on Wednesday night. These events are intended to take no longer than ~30 minutes, they're just a quick excuse to see everyone's pretty faces in the middle of the week.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

★ Magus Falls Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - SATURDAY DECEMBER 5, 6:30PM EST☆

Event #3 - Dragon's Stand
Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Dragon's Stand

Dragon's Stand is the last Meta event in Heart of Thorns, and it's got style to match its substance. (Yes we will go back into Tangled Depths at some point..)

Commanders will be Levyne, Zeroth, and appletoasty. 3 sub-commanders will also be needed for the split at the blighted towers and could also be useful since the events form two at once.

We will form one squad in the guild hall and then try to all get into a map once they reset 30 minutes before reset. From there we will form the map squads and get underway! Mumble shenanigans, as always, are included.

The fractal changes are disappointing to me because the old scale 50 was hard, and even thought it sucked to get a ring or nothing for the 30-40 minutes spent doing it, you could still have a chance to get great loot and you were being continuously challenged and improving yourself.

New fractals are now absurdly easy on low scales and ridiculously boring on higher scales (you hit enemies like a banana yet they hit you like for even less), except in cases where they are just unfair (hello fighting jellyfish boss and its millions of mini jellyfishes while being inflicted with all possible conditions). I originally expected that the old scale 50 difficulty would be tuned to mid scale 70 and beyond that we would have hard encounters with great rewards, yet what we got is a system where I can run two swamp fractals and jade maw and get the same reward as someone who ran scales 97-98-99.

It baffles me this was a design that was agreed upon and implemented, and makes me wary of what the fractal changes will be.

From what I hear they are putting very little effort into fractals. Not necessarily the designers themselves but the distribution of people? The fractal team was a single guy for most of HoT's development and then it was no one, and now it's a different guy. Not sure if still singular guy, but hopefully not

Put more effort into the content that I like, anet please

Unrelated, I am helping update the GAF Guild Twitter account now, follow it if you aren't alreadyyyy https://twitter.com/GAFGuild

Proven

The only masteries you need to finish the story are all level 1 (except updraft), and so they go by quite quickly (especially if you remember to use laurel xp boosters and food). They are:

Glider Basics (Gliding Level 1)
Bouncing Mushroom (Izel Lore Level 1)
Exalted Markings (Exalted Lore Level 1)
Updraft Use (Gliding Level 2)
Nuhoch Hunting (Nuhoch Lore Level 1)

If you do the various map metas and just explore and have fun, they're really quick to get. I only had an hour every few days to play, and I finished the story in the first few weeks without a single drop of grinding. It helps to not be too laser-focused on the story: explore the maps, follow some DE chains (which are stories in themselves), and again, remember to use XP boosting stuff like food.

Adventures also give a ton of XP, seriously. You should *not* be having to grind to get the masteries needed for the story, unless you're doing something really wrong.

Just a note, you also need Nuhoch Lore Level 2 for Nuhoch Wallows. All in all, this means that if you take a detour to level a different mastery than those six, or progress through the maps too quickly, you're going to be gated at least once by masteries. I've been playing through slowly and I was gated twice (Bouncing Mushrooms, I think, because I went for Updraft first, and then again by Nuhock Wallows).

XBLc94f.jpg

Seeing this reminded me that Retro and I had already discussed the lack of Dynamic Events. There's a lot going on in HoT maps that I'd prefer the game not keep doing in the future. On-rails event scheduling and progression isn't fun after the second or third time seeing it.

We even talked about this in the thread months ago before release. Orr maps manage to pack in lots of side events to go along with the big temple events. Every map since Dry Top has been all about filling the bar to meet requirements for a single central map meta event.

Made a post on reddit about this:

Personally, I think ANet was in the right with the expansion. They only made one mistake; Verdant Brink should have been the only 2 hour meta event. As an addition, Tangled Depths should have been made a lot more dynamic, or at least closer to Silverwastes. Basically, just more variety.

I think they made the right decisions overall because of what happened with Orr. Once upon a time they had maps with much more dynamic and push/pull events, with Straits of Devastation and to a lesser degree Malchor's Leap. People disliked it. It was an endgame area, but other than Cursed Shore no one felt like it was worth sticking around, the mobs were too hard, etc. So ANet went back and toned down mob difficulty so people could have a more relaxing time. Then Megaservers made it so that the meta doesn't ever have to be worried about again. Timers also mean that when copies of the map are spawned for Megaservers, they all can be constantly synched up and you can get an expected output. That was a problem not mentioned very often with the Megaservers, and the hope is that like with Dry Top and World Bosses, players will get to the point where at least once per day the map meta events can be easily pugged even as the population there lowers to just people looking for specific items and achievements.

So, there are some pluses to what they went with. I'd just add more variety so that people can feel less fatigue. I don't think there has to be an out of the way event, as you can have all sorts of other rewards for exploring. And there are a number of little locales to find, just possibly not enough for some people. I've found enough out of the way corners (and found myself rewarded with rarely killed mobs for XP along with Mastery Points and Strongboxes) to feel sated, but I'm also apparently not a hardcore player. The edges of Tangled Depths and the not-meta-event-critical parts of Verdant Brink's Canopy and Lower Levels come to mind.

And then there's also the fact that, like the elite specializations, the maps were likely made this way to juxtapose with the relative easy difficulty of the core game.

Fake Edit: Adventures in some ways are the expansion's version of "dungeons," and in that sense should have been made to be open more often than not. I do sympathize with others over the fact that they're like the locked dungeons in the core game, but now spread to a much larger percentage of the choices.

And to elaborate on corners to find, there's an entire set of achievements such as the Strongboxes or the Tropical Birds that are all about searching for out of the way corners of the map and being rewarded.

------------
I was going to comment on the last few dungeon posts, but then I realized I'm not an MMO player at heart.

There is no incentive to run dungeons. Their rewards suck (including the loot, I get more blues in dungeons than in open world) and even the dungeon specific tokens are rewarded in too low amounts to be worth it for themselves. As such, you get basically nothing for the experience, which is bad.

Why run dungeons when doing anything else is more rewarding? Even if one likes dungeons, you still feel punished for doing them by getting rewards that are absolutely terrible compared to all else. It also doesnt help you feel in the bone what you are doing will never be supported again.

You said nothing about rewards before you just talked about how fun it was to do dungeons with a group of 4 friends even though they are easy you had fun.

You can still do that you just get less gold for it.

Also you all seem to have thought you were getting something totally different from what ANET specifically said week after week "we will announce all major features coming with expansion".

I find it really strange that people who were content doing almost nothing but fractals and dungeons day after day and nothing else now say there is nothing to do. Is this all cuz $50-$100 dollars was spent and now you feel you have been cheated cuz you didn't get what you hoped you'd get? (i.e. More dungeons/fractals)

Anno

I feel for people who are fans of dungeon and fractal content, and I hope they improve one or both before too long. Speaking for myself though I'm very happy with how most of HoT has played out.

VB feels much like how I would like a dungeon to be. It's a segmented chunk of content that basically runs on rails with several different "paths" (the quest chains) to run, culminating in a boss fight or two. Between all that you can kind of just run around and try to find the lockboxes and so some hero point events, too. Most important to me though is that it's an open world thing and not instanced off to a few players.

AB feels more open, and I feel much less need to focus on the meta event because it doesn't change everything about the zone as dramatically. I will hop in to some of the pillar events for armor pieces, but mostly just like running around looking for masks and stuff while fighting fun monsters. I haven't quite gotten to TD or DS yet, so I can't comment on those.

Experience feels pretty fair and gold has always been pretty decent, so I can't really complain there. I have 1500g just kind of selling everything I can aside from mats and not spending it on too much. I suppose I would appreciate some more skins as much as the next man but what's there I like.

I don't think I want this to be the style of every expansion, but for this one it feels appropriate and I'm enjoying the change of pace from core Tyria stuff.

Zeroth

You said nothing about rewards before you just talked about how fun it was to do dungeons with a group of 4 friends even though they are easy you had fun.

Because rewards are tied to the content. In the past it wasnt a problem if I decided to run dungeons all week long in spite of doing other content because I would be rewarded and earn resources I could spend on other goals. As it is, you will only run dungeons if you wish to slowly progress on a silly title.

Mind you, dungeons werent fun because of gold, but getting gold was important to make running dungeons have value.

Also you all seem to have thought you were getting something totally different from what ANET specifically said week after week "we will announce all major features coming with expansion".

What part is me saying arenanet mislead me? I know very well what was coming and I'm criticising how said content was delivered.

I find it really strange that people who were content doing almost nothing but fractals and dungeons day after day and nothing else now say there is nothing to do. Is this all cuz $50-$100 dollars was spent and now you feel you have been cheated cuz you didn't get what you hoped you'd get? (i.e. More dungeons/fractals)

I can assure you this has nothing to do with money. Matter of fact the fact I paid (quite a bit thanks to conversions) for HoT is not even a thought that I have when I think of these problems.

It has all to do with the fact we ran said content because we were rewarded for our skills. Fractals were hard, dungeons felt like a fun way to see how fast we could complete em, and now these aspects were removed. No one expected more dungeons, but we didnt expect them to be nerfed to oblivion either. We expected changes to fractals to make them better, not worse. All the changes affected the content we enjoyed negatively.

Quenk

We knew we weren't getting more dungeons. What we didn't know until just before the expansion was that dungeon rewards were getting nerfed. I've tried pugging some dungeons and the time it takes to full a group is so much longer that I don't feel like it's worth it.

The way fractal levels are scaled doesn't quite match up to what I thought was coming. The instabilities are mostly just not fun. Losing boons on dodge makes me feel punished for doing one of the things I thought was interesting and fun about GW2 combat. Giving enemies boons on crits feels like I'm being punished for running a direct damage build. They said that the new system would discourage people from picking out easy fractals for leveling or whatever. Right now, I'll just pick out the easiest fractals in the 50-65 range for the highest level daily.

And yes I care about rewards. Doing content I enjoyed and earning gold for things I was working on was nice. Having to run around SW and mindlessly open chests to supplement the lackluster income is less nice.

Proven

I'm going to try to give this the proper sympathetic ear. Simply put, PvE needs content variety and rewards. Without them, PvE loses its luster and becomes unfun. That's it. Fractals got a refreshing change, but it added little variety, and the rewards weren't amazing. You can make a decent buck off of Fractals, but not enough for instance PvE players, especially coming off of the dungeon gold high. They needed to be amazing for people to be happy, and ANet might have pushed the ball too far to the other end in their current deflationary bent (and my has there been a lot of deflation going on). Fractal reward iteration likely got pushed back thanks to the work necessary in getting Raids and Squad UI ready in time.

I wasn't expecting anything new for dungeons/fractals and I don't think anyone was. There was hope, but that's not why I or any other PvEers bought the expac.

What I used to like isn't there anymore and there's nothing to fill the void.

Dungeons are sort of still there, but they're not worth anything. They give 33% of the rewards they used to. Let's be honest, nobody was running dungeons every day because it made them feel warm and fuzzy.

I'm probably misunderstanding and I'm sorry if what I am saying is upsetting anyone, that isn't my intention I'm just trying to figure out why you guys are so disappointed.

Ok so to me right now it feels like you guys are disappointed that things you knew weren't coming in xpansion are in fact not there but the stuff that has been added you hoped would be fun and it isn't.

I have been feeling like this expansion has brought guild much closer and created lots of ways to do stuff as a group. There is events all week but I guess maybe that isn't because you enjoy doing the meta events but just doing stuff with the guild.

I feel the expansion is being judged unfairly on stuff that it was not going to brig anyway.

Anno

Kos I think it's more that stuff they didn't expect to change in the expansion did, and was made worse for their purposes. I know dungeons for a lot of people were basically something interactive to do while chatting on Mumble and kidding around or whatever. Obviously that's still possible but feels much more hollow because it rewards so much less than previously.

Fonz72

So, I'm finally getting in to this game. I created a Norn Ranger 10 months ago and I just didn't like it. The starting zone wasn't good and it never held my interest. A couple days ago I made a Human Elementalist and man, what a difference. I'm having so much more fun in the Human starting zone and the elemental attacks are great. Anyway, I was culled from the Guild for lack of activity. May I be added back please?

Stormbluff Isle - Fonz.2356

Thanks!

I'd ask what people did like about the xpac, but it seems people just play for loot now, after spending a month burning through the content like locusts...

Meanwhile, my guild and I have been enjoying running Caudecus's Manor when we can, so one of us can get a full set of Superior Runes of the Aristocracy, since there's no other way to get it. I do think that in light of the gold reward nerf, they should have boosted the Seal reward rate, so you can get more armour or runes for less runs. Then again, not sure what kind of rewards people expect for something that takes 11 minutes...

Bring back hour-long dungeons, Anet!

Quenk

Meanwhile, my guild and I have been enjoying running Caudecus's Manor when we can, so one of us can get a full set of Superior Runes of the Aristocracy, since there's no other way to get it.

You can buy several hundred major runes and throw the in the forge in hopes that you'll get them :V

spiritfox

It's the reason I keep coming back to this game. Even jumping puzzles I've done a dozen times are a blast when it involves getting to play with my friends and help other people complete it for the first time.

--

BTW, maybe not the best place to nest this but I want to anyway, about "doing stuff as a group" (guild). Anyone can create guild events, it doesn't have to be officers or leaders. If you want to start something we aren't covering, you can certainly set one up, and an officer would be happy to put it in the guild message for you if you ask, or nest it in one of our event forum posts. Anything from a fractal marathon to, idk, a pvp night. Whatever there's interest in.

I mean, doing things together is what guilds are for.

I'm going to create an Oceanic guild event. We're gonna sit at [Arah Waypoint] and say ARAH for 1 hour. Join us for great fun.

Hedge

I think That_Shaman's comments spawned an interesting discussion on Reddit, and I agree with most everything about it. There is little time to "enjoy" the maps, when adventures are open in x amount of minutes before being closed off again and - especially DS - require the meta to either end or progress beyond a certain point.. before resetting again. It constantly feels as if you're on the clock, rushing to get to all the points you have to get to, before the window closes again. I think I would have appreciated it more, if there were a few maps in the expansion that didn't have that kind of structure, so it didn't feel as if the entire expansion content was on the clock.
Not to mention the fact that meta-events mostly require participation from the entire map, which leaves the few players "just enjoying the map" to be essentially dead weight. I am having such a hard time finding players to help me with HPs, that I have to find a dedicated HP-train to run them. It feels so artificial. All the maps, because of how on-rails they are, seem so.. constructed and a lot less dynamic. I mean, when you can literally see a timer that tells you when the map will reset the events - it can't feel more artificial than that!

I am hoping that the Living Story can bring some new maps in that don't all require giant meta events, because.. I miss the relaxed nature of the old maps.
And indeed, I am spending far more time in the old maps that I've been through hundreds of times, just because they're relaxing and fun. But alas, I can't train those masteries in the old maps to progress the story!

I am glad, though, that there is a lot of discussion about the expansion and the type of content. I too am honestly curious about, what Anet really wants Guild Wars 2 to be in the future. The expansion felt pretty far from what GW2 released as, I think.

Wanderer5

That what kind of annoys me about Dragon's Stand in particular in the couple times I have done the meta. Everything is on the clock and is go go go, including exploring the map once the meta is finished. It so annoying that you basically only have 12 mins to fully explore, before the game moves on to the next timer. Doesn't help that DS can feel like a lagfest too.

I hope there be more maps that feel more relax indeed.

Guys, the thing to take away from it, is that expansions always seem to mess up things. In a way I feel the bitterness over HoT is not anywhere near as bad as it was when Factions came out. I posted a lot on Guru when that came out, and people were fucking pissed.
I mean, aggressively pissed. The campaign wasn't worth the price, it was not even half the game of Guild Wars, they ignored PvErs, what was up with this guild alliance system, it took so little time to get to lvl 20, why was there so few armors, and so on.
And it's similar tales for the last many WoW expansions and Heavensward and RoTFE. I think the only example I can think of, where almost all the expansion changes have been 100% positive is Diablo 3s reaper of souls. But that game was in massive disarray.

Thankfully HoT is incredible. The Elite specializations are... for the most part, fucking awesome. Dragons Stand is without a doubt a massive highlight. What a map. Compared to Orr? It's awesome.
The only thing that sucks about Dragons Stand is the waiting and that there is no incentive to do anything when the maps are not full.

I feel the problems in HoT are realistically fixable.

Raid and Legendary armor is for such a small amount, but vocal players. The majority of players is not going to engage in this. So we need more cool weapons and armors, and we need new fractals, guild missions, conquest spvp maps to facilitate those rewards.

Dungeons; Move them into fractals. It's a given.

Loot; Need another Champion overhaul, like the patch that added the exotic skins.

Support; Need to make it more viable for healers, support characters to count towards event completion so you can actually run around as a healer in the maps and still yield credit towards loot too. I want to play a healer druid but I get no xp, no loot and I barely qualify for bronze. For a co-operative game this has to stop.

Put some of the valuable currencies from Maguuma into Drytop and Silverwaste so it doesn't feel like we have 4 maps to run over and over, but six.

And of course, we need tweaks and fixes in the UI to guild missions and mastery system.

Hero Point mobs need to be champion creatures that yield gold/karma/xp (not only xp) and a exotic bag drop so other players are incentivized to help new players kill them. It's pretty self explanatory. Maybe there has to be a 24-hour reset cooldown on how many times a exotic lootbag drops so it cannot be farmed fast.

Meta events in VB, Tangled Depths and Auric Basin all needs some adjustments. In Silverwaste, I've gotten meta events completed by initiating it. I put up a tag and I defend a fort, and players come to my tag, and then they stay and defend and I go to the other forts, and other people come, and before I know it, I have facilitated us holding all the forts without verbal communication.
This is not possible in these new Metas. And they run so often, and the game is so bad at explaining all the requirements to apply for stuff. This needs to change.

Ascended Armor and weapons; Need to be some sort of collection you do for your character. You run around the entire world and work towards the pieces by doing a lot of stuff on that character. And every character gets one full set of ascended armor and a weapon. This gives the solo players a long goal to work towards. When you ascended yourself in GW1 it was a cool thing that led you become imbuned in this swag magic.
Doing your ascended armor/wep collection might be things like completing your personal story, killing all the dragon-chest bosses on that character, getting some sort of karma reward from many karma vendors across orr, and getting many specific drops from random creatures across the world, maxing out your traitlines. Basically a long meaningful journey that has you playing all of the game to get this armor/weapon set of ascended quality. I have 8 lvl 80s, so that would be a real significant thing for me to venture through that on all 8 characters, but it so happens that personal story rewards are really nice, and map completion rewards are nice, and that it is still valueable to meet new people in the old world.
GW2 needs this. ascended crafting should not be removed, but that and fractal can't remain the main resource of that.

So, I'm finally getting in to this game. I created a Norn Ranger 10 months ago and I just didn't like it. The starting zone wasn't good and it never held my interest. A couple days ago I made a Human Elementalist and man, what a difference. I'm having so much more fun in the Human starting zone and the elemental attacks are great. Anyway, I was culled from the Guild for lack of activity. May I be added back please?

Thanks!

Hey mate. Your experience seems to mimmick LazyPeon.

First Impression, he hates the game, playing as a Norn; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_uspCbFFK0 < He plays the game wrong, and it just doesn't click for him. As a veteran player its fascinating seeing come into the game with a "WoW-mentality".

4 months later, he decides to give it another shot, and plays a human elementalist. Like you, his opinion shifts drastically; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2p2s9piILg

I've talked to at least. At least 50-100 people inside the game who have similar tales. The game is amazing, but it operates on a different spectrum than what you're used to!:)

Wanderer5

They should remove the 15 min timer for DS really. It 15 mins regardless of how much time left there is till the DS event starts all over again. More time exploring the map should be a nice way to get people to cooperate effectively to finish the meta sooner.

Wanderer5

Err, ok.

I should have expected it. Guild hall stuff are all ridiculously expensive.

Welp time to farm more of those ores.:x I only got enough for one piece (want the heavy chest and leggings for now).

And this is just for the recipes.:/ I hope actually crafting them won't be a pain to do.

I feel like Hot Kinda ruin the game for me. I find myself never trying to spend time in the new zones. There is no fun in it. It was only recently I realize I never spent any time in the new zone except for doing story missions which I haven't done since the first week.

Hot doesn't click. I am not mad but I just don't care. I am also extremely glad I did not buy the 100 dollar version.

added: I probably wont buy future expansions at release until I am sure it doesn't follow hot.

Hedge

They should remove the 15 min timer for DS really. It 15 mins regardless of how much time left there is till the DS event starts all over again. More time exploring the map should be a nice way to get people to cooperate effectively to finish the meta sooner.

Besides, I just can't help but feel that a two-hour (rather difficult) meta that has to succeed, that only leads to 15-minutes where you can actually do map completion just feels.. wrong.
I have to admit, that I still haven't actually finished the meta event on DS. Between client crashes, disconnects and map fails, I just don't enjoy it. At all. But I know I will have to stick it out and trudge through it for those 15 minutes where I can get to the points required for map completion.

Wanderer5

Besides, I just can't help but feel that a two-hour (rather difficult) meta that has to succeed, that only leads to 15-minutes where you can actually do map completion just feels.. wrong.
I have to admit, that I still haven't actually finished the meta event on DS. Between client crashes, disconnects and map fails, I just don't enjoy it. At all. But I know I will have to stick it out and trudge through it for those 15 minutes where I can get to the points required for map completion.

Not only that but also hunting down those pods to get the crystalline ores too, which granted are mark in a general area by a red arrow, but sheesh there still doesn't feel like enough time at all, especially when I get hit by longer loading screens than usual, cause this map wants to take a dump on me after finishing the event especially.

Also new pack with that bandit sniper outfit is up for 2000 gems that also includes Mini Sabetha lol.

Quenk

Not only that but also hunting down those pods to get the crystalline ores too, which granted are mark in a general area by a red arrow, but sheesh there still doesn't feel like enough time at all, especially when I get hit by longer loading screens than usual, cause this map wants to take a dump on me after finishing the event especially.

Also new pack with that bandit sniper outfit is up for 2000 gems that also includes Mini Sabetha lol.

It seems like Mini Sabetha is separate. But why is that a gemstore thing. Make it like Mini Clockheart and tie it to raid achievements.

Fonz72

Hey mate. Your experience seems to mimmick LazyPeon.

First Impression, he hates the game, playing as a Norn; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_uspCbFFK0 < He plays the game wrong, and it just doesn't click for him. As a veteran player its fascinating seeing come into the game with a "WoW-mentality".

4 months later, he decides to give it another shot, and plays a human elementalist. Like you, his opinion shifts drastically; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2p2s9piILg

I've talked to at least. At least 50-100 people inside the game who have similar tales. The game is amazing, but it operates on a different spectrum than what you're used to!:)
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I come with my only other MMO experiance being WoW. It is very different.

Wanderer5

What ? it's a craft ? .....

So it looks like you going to need to be 450 on Tailor/Leatherworker/Armorsmith to be able to craft these. This is what you need to make the chestpieces (medium as a example) apparently.

5 guild insignia
1 Ineffable Embroided Gossamer Insignia (3 Gossamer Patches, 3 piles of Crystalline Dust and 5 Globs of Ectoplam)
1 Hardened Longcoat Padding
1 Hardened Longcoat Panel

Er so anyone know about those guild insignia?

17Dekgr.jpg

Proven

BTW, maybe not the best place to nest this but I want to anyway, about "doing stuff as a group" (guild). Anyone can create guild events, it doesn't have to be officers or leaders. If you want to start something we aren't covering, you can certainly set one up, and an officer would be happy to put it in the guild message for you if you ask, or nest it in one of our event forum posts. Anything from a fractal marathon to, idk, a pvp night. Whatever there's interest in.

I mean, doing things together is what guilds are for.

While I don't have the time or consistent schedule (I haven't even joined a guild team in GAF yet), I've been brainstorming what a a PvP night might look like for us. There are so many little knobs...

Assuming a small turn out (20 or less people) we can fund a private PvP server. I need to check if you can lock it and still have people get reward track progress, and even if not it shouldn't be hard to fund prizes even with my game time. From there...
  • Team Deathmatch/Annihilation
  • King of the Hill
  • Capture the Flag
  • Deliver the Bomb (I forget the common name for this)
Are some of the examples of options we have with the current PvP server abilities. Then you can add twists like class limits/stacking, add challenges like everyone must use a certain weapon or weapon class, etc.

Then with the Guild Arena someone can go complete Halo Forge and the possibilities become endless...

At the minimum, in interests of starting small, I'd make the team sizes 3. Three is the number for a guild team, and gives you what you need to have a bruiser, burst player, and supporter. Learning from the 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments from the past there would need to be some type of Amulet limitations. For Guild Halls, I'd probably mandate that everyone wear blues or something.

But none of this matters if I don't have the time to organize it all! Argh!!

Vena

Err, ok.

I should have expected it. Guild hall stuff are all ridiculously expensive.

I don't see the problem after the DS buff to pods. You'll get 50+ ore in a run, I got over a hundred yesterday on RNG and after I learned where multiple pods batches tend to spawn. At this point, I am running out of Ore use and my guild isn't even close to Guild Armor 2.

The real issue is that machetes are hard to keep farming due to the slowness of earning Ley crystals from TD. They need to give that map a T6 or something meta length since you can finish the entire T4 in about 30 minutes if all lanes are occupied, and then you have no more rewards for over an hour. You can earn several hundreds of Gears/Aurilium in the same time it takes to earny like 150 Ley Crystals. Auric Basin is probably the best tuned map in terms of time spent doing events vs. time spent waiting vs. currency reward.

This seems to be too common, like the team is spread so so thin. Iirc, one person worked on precursor collections the majority of the lifetime of the idea since the hint of a "scavenger hunt" was first dropped so long ago.

This is standard for programming/planning work, though I come from a non-gaming point of view on this. You'll usually only have one or two heads on the projects for the early conceptual phases. It's not until everything is laid out and planned that you get many people together, including testers/checkers to look for any potential redundancies or errors.

Thanks!

check your invitations

Wanderer5

I don't see the problem after the DS buff to pods. You'll get 50+ ore in a run, I got over a hundred yesterday on RNG and after I learned where multiple pods batches tend to spawn. At this point, I am running out of Ore use and my guild isn't even close to Guild Armor 2.

The real issue is that machetes are hard to keep farming due to the slowness of earning Ley crystals from TD. They need to give that map a T6 or something meta length since you can finish the entire T4 in about 30 minutes if all lanes are occupied, and then you have no more rewards for over an hour. You can earn several hundreds of Gears/Aurilium in the same time it takes to earny like 150 Ley Crystals. Auric Basin is probably the best tuned map in terms of time spent doing events vs. time spent waiting vs. currency reward.

Oh they buffed the ore gain? Thank god.

Vena

What I am getting tired of is this gemstore focus on assets that should have been in-game rewards. Why the hell is a raid boss mini... not from the raid?

Are they that strapped for cash or has greed blinded them to the sheer stupidity of it all?

Wanderer5

I wish that spirit glider was sold separate.:/ That glider looks really cool, but I not shelling out $25 worth when I not that interested in the rest really.

Quenk

I wish that spirit glider was sold separate.:/ That glider looks really cool, but I not shelling out $25 worth when I not that interested in the rest really.

I like the outfit but I don't care much for the glider. If only we could split the pack :V

Vena

Welp, the most i can get is about 15-20....

There's usually ~10 in the Stonehead area, ~5 in the Mushroom Emperor room/HP, another ~10 in the Wyvern area (and around the beetles), ~10 if you go from the spider HP and head north (and over south lane's tunnels, they are on top of that area usually), ~5 spawn in/around each of the "poison" regions, and I haven't bothered to count how many will spawn in the Chak tunnels as I tend to avoid Chak tunnels.

There's a LOT on the map after a clear, sometimes all of them will spawn or very few. Yesterday I started with 38 machettes and ran out.

I like the outfit but I don't care much for the glider. If only we could split the pack :V

Greed. Don't buy that garbage. They'll split it if it underperforms. The glider should be from the raid along with Sabetha. I've been very positive on the expansion, content, and raid but fuck me if the Gemstore isn't grinding my gears with rewards that look "raid based". It'd be like Decapitated Wurm Head Mini being gem store only rather than a drop from TT, or Liadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom