• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I like to get a good long term goal in mind when I start playing an MMO.

Is there no kind of quest involved with making those weapons? It's just amassing money and materials? That seems crazy. GW2 doesn't seem very big on traditional MMO quest structure.

spiritfox

I like to get a good long term goal in mind when I start playing an MMO.

Is there no kind of quest involved with making those weapons? It's just amassing money and materials? That seems crazy. GW2 doesn't seem very big on traditional MMO quest structure.

If you have HoT there are legendary collections where they guide you through making a legendary of your choosing. But like I said above, it's cheaper to just outright purchase the precursor than to do the collection.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
You people are all discussing the wrong legendary.

Mate there is a gold harp and a flower bow. Forget that weird space sword.

Alright. I've got 2... I think, 2 gold. I'm getting closer.
You can buy the greatsword off the trading post, where another player made the weapon and wants to sell it instead of equipping it. As of this post the lowest sell offer is 3000 gold. At 0.11 US dollars per 1 gold, that's $330. Up to you to decide whether saving up some real-life money is worth more your free time than grinding online.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You people are all discussing the wrong legendary.

Mate there is a gold harp and a flower bow. Forget that weird space sword.

I looked at a video with all of the legendaries in it and wow they really went all out on those things. That disco mace... I don't know if I'm going to be able to decide which of these I want.

leng jai

You can buy the greatsword off the trading post, where another player made the weapon and wants to sell it instead of equipping it. As of this post the lowest sell offer is 3000 gold. At 0.11 US dollars per 1 gold, that's $330. Up to you to decide whether saving up some real-life money is worth more your free time than grinding online.

Are there seriously people that outright buy Legendaries with money? I thought that was just a running joke.

Disco mace is totally worth it. That was my first legendary.

It's a decent skin but the problem is mace is barely used in the game.

Hedge

So going for Astralaria I need 50 or more Deldrimor ingots. I've been farming Brisban and Mount Maelstrom the past week for 4-5 hours straight each day, and I'm still nowhere near done. Any other places that are a good source of iron or platinum?

LiQuid!

Ok folks, I just discovered the race of bipedal polar bears and I'm really really sad that I can't play as a bipedal polar bear.

So going for Astralaria I need 50 or more Deldrimor ingots. I've been farming Brisban and Mount Maelstrom the past week for 4-5 hours straight each day, and I'm still nowhere near done. Any other places that are a good source of iron or platinum?

Google search the Rich Iron nodes and Plat...

edit: fuck it i found it far ya..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1xffs0/permanent_rich_ore_locations_30_final_version/

just click the maps if you don't want to watch the videos...also you can run mutli characters to each rich node..

I've been in Malaysia for over a week now and I am not back till 16th so it is the main reason I haven't logged in. Christmas break hopefully I get enough time to finally be part of a group that down VG.

Thorgal

in case people where wondering why i am so in love with reaper :

gw2-642015-12-1302-227ekvt.png

It is a critical bonanza . 100% crit while in reaper form .

Add that each autoattack also gives vuln on each hit + might after target drops below 50%.

Reaper is a beast .

in case people where wondering why i am so in love with reaper :

Add that each autoattack also gives vuln on each hit + might after target drops below 50%.

Reaper is a beast .
Reaper is why I made a second necromancer and leveled it to 80. It's such an awesome specialization. Only problem I've had is with immobilization.

Proven

As someone who enjoyed the harder raid content of WoW and loves to PvP, GW2 might be better for me now more than it has ever before. I was never into dungeons or fractals (I only ever ran dungeons purely to farm tokens for certain skins I wanted), but I love Raids because of the precision they require.

For me, raids are just one feature away from being ideal for me: A better group finder / LFG tool. The LFG tool as it stands now isn't good enough for Raids.

Ranked PvP is great for me right now, except for balance being currently skewed (I can forgive this a bit due to HoT being a recent release, but Bunker Mesmers are a bit hilariously broken at the moment) and MMR manipulation being rampant at higher ranks. The easy solution seems to be to disallow a Ranked Group from queuing if there are any members with more than a 2 Division discrepancy. No Amber (Division 1) should be allowed to play group with a Ruby (Division 4) for a ranked match, or no Emerald (Division 2) should be allowed to group with a Diamond (Division 5), etc. It might mean terribly high queues at Diamond/Legendary, but it's necessary for the greater good.

I even love the idea of the Legendary Collections (minus the Ley-Line Spark gathering, which should be boosted), though I don't see Lump using any of the currently released new Legendaries at the moment, so I won't be working toward them quite yet. If they release something shiny and golden and compatible with Mesmers, though, I'm going full-steam ahead.

Scribing is probably HoT's biggest misfire, I would say - it needs a complete overhaul, but I'd settle for massive price reductions for at least all the <300 recipes. I don't mind professions being expensive when at the endgame, but getting there shouldn't equal the cost of entire legendary weapons. All basic, simple, and mid-tier furniture should be way way cheaper.

The Megaserver system also needs evolving for the way HoT meta events are now - working the LFG tool shouldn't be necessary to get into a good map every time you zone to VB or DS. Use a district dropdown menu (like town maps had in GW1) if necessary - at least that would be better than the current LFG system.

Ranked PvP and WvW were hits for me (even with the WvW population evaporating, sadly). Whenever I want to chill and slow grind I just jump into a HoT map and do meta events. Verdant Brink at Night is my favorite. I still haven't done a Dragon Stand run yet.

Classes and work will be on a hiatus soon, so in the coming weeks I may get more game time in. Anyone interested in a weekday PvP or WvW night we can also use for missions? Probably on Tuesdays.

Reminder, this is after next weekend's Saturday guild missions.

&#9733; Wintersday Events &#9733;
&#9734; SECRET SANTA - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 19 &#9734;

Gift exchange: December 19, 2015 after missions (~10:30 PM EST)
Gift value MAXIMUM: 250 gems / 45 gold

We're doing another Secret Santa this year! After missions on Saturday, December 19, 2015 we will gather in the guild hall and mail our gifts to each other. If you're not able to attend missions that day for any reason, you may send your gift in advance.

So uh, how is the loot in the expansion? Still waiting o n a new laptop, but thinking of getting HOT when I do.

My major thing keeping me away from GW2 was a lack of loot. I had a bunch of gold saved up from Silverwastes but nothing I really wanted to spend it on. Have things improved in terms of gear and loot?

So uh, how is the loot in the expansion? Still waiting o n a new laptop, but thinking of getting HOT when I do.

My major thing keeping me away from GW2 was a lack of loot. I had a bunch of gold saved up from Silverwastes but nothing I really wanted to spend it on. Have things improved in terms of gear and loot?

Uh... not great. If you weren't happy before you definitely won't be happy with it now.

What sort of loot did you mean? Most of what people spend their money on are skins. There's no skins that you wanted? They didn't add a whole lot in the expac, and the ones that they did add are locked behind region-specific currency or in the gem store so your gold won't be so useful if you wanted those.

Loot is good in the expansion maps, problem is the Economy is complete shit, it crashed after HoT launch and stuff like rare weapons take forever to sell, the only hot items is Flax, and low tier mats used to make Ascended mats, also those Ascended mats sell too, but running world boss train and selling the rares is a waste of time, just break them down for ectos..

leng jai

HoT was fairly terrible in terms of new loot/skins. 3 new legendaries but you can't get them with just gold. Armour skins in particular are lacking.

Proven

Loot is good in the expansion maps, problem is the Economy is complete shit, it crashed after HoT launch and stuff like rare weapons take forever to sell, the only hot items is Flax, and low tier mats used to make Ascended mats, also those Ascended mats sell too, but running world boss train and selling the rares is a waste of time, just break them down for ectos..
I'm making more money post-HoT than I would have pre-HoT. The economy didn't crash, it just moved to new trends. People care more about the materials than the loot thanks to Guild Halls and the new Legendaries, so you don't sell loot as much anymore on the TP. Salvaging loot and gathering in order to craft can earn you a decent bit of cash now.

If you guys have spare Flax or Coarse Sand I can craft them into Kegs and Mugs for the guild if you want. I'll supply the other mats as best I can. We only need a couple left so I kinda just want to bang them out quick.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Gw2 gold grinding didn't pay enough, my landlord wouldn't accept gems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom