• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...I feel like I am pretty bad at this game. Is there somewhere I can go for pointers on how to play the class efficiently as I am leveling up? I read a guide on Dulfy about the elementalist, and it explained some of the interactions with area might. I've been trying to use those as I quest now, but I'm dying insanely quickly to some enemies. Veteran enemies, especially those that are a couple levels above me, wreck my face.

Elementalist is one of the most difficult classes to start out with. Between knowing the best times to swap elements to having a tiny health pool and no armor, it can be a struggle to stay alive. You will eventually unlock a vast arsenal of skills to interrupt enemies and block their attacks, but right now in your situation, even better than the area might interaction could be learning to use the area healing one by putting down water fields in the water attunement and blasting those for quick bursts of health.

Avoid enemies above your level, and definitely avoid veterans above your level. My first time through the game I treated veterans like mini bosses, and you definitely can't be slow killing them or they will outlast you. Enemies above your level frequently take glancing blows, and that can make it feel almost impossible to damage and kill them.

All Secret Santa matchups have been made and mails sent out. Check your in-game mailbox if you signed up - if you didn't receive a message and you think you signed up, talk to me ASAP so I can resend.

Thorgal

The necro is death , long live the reaper .

Dodum Shadowend has become a grim reaper .

" Your soul is mine ! "

gw2-642015-12-0521-04cmxvi.jpg

Indignate

I'm sorry that I don't care enough to show up.

I don't even have a problem with the games state like some do. They're are just so many mobas out there and I need to play the same one forever.

help

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Outfits + wings + The Minstrel. What else is there to accomplish after that?

Yo did you miss my halo?

And I dunno, I think I want the legendary bow too. But for this look, maybe a better sword? I am using a weird fractal one which is nice, but a golden fractal one would be ideal.

Ruby now, but the last tier of Sapphire was insane. I played around seven hours and didn't make any progress at all. I eventually decided to just que at the dead of night, that way I can avoid most of the pro league players and premades. But Ruby is going to be worse because I can lose tiers now.

Sooo PvP leagues are fun. It's nice to have incentive to play ranked now, I'm really enjoying it.

I'm relearning that playing 3 a day is probably best for my sanity, so ty anet for that daily thing. The 4th game whether I win or lose I feel gross, if I win I have to keep going and if I lose I ruined a good day or made a losing streak worse. Blech. Yeah. 3 a day. No more.

spiritfox

Sooo PvP leagues are fun. It's nice to have incentive to play ranked now, I'm really enjoying it.

I'm relearning that playing 3 a day is probably best for my sanity, so ty anet for that daily thing. The 4th game whether I win or lose I feel gross, if I win I have to keep going and if I lose I ruined a good day or made a losing streak worse. Blech. Yeah. 3 a day. No more.

Wait till you start losing pips. It'll kill you to play so many matches and not get any progression.

Jumped into a PvP random match today to finish the daily; don't think I can participate in the whatever it is, tournament... Anyway, I got paired up with random players for the match, and we pretty much slaughtered the enemy every time we clashed, but we still lost because they had one more player than we and they capped the locations more often. Other times, I've been with teams that capped more than fought and still lost because the other guys did the opposite. It's not a big deal, I only PvP for dailies and slow track progress, but sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

spiritfox

Jumped into a PvP random match today to finish the daily; don't think I can participate in the whatever it is, tournament... Anyway, I got paired up with random players for the match, and we pretty much slaughtered the enemy every time we clashed, but we still lost because they had one more player than we and they capped the locations more often. Other times, I've been with teams that capped more than fought and still lost because the other guys did the opposite. It's not a big deal, I only PvP for dailies and slow track progress, but sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

1. Pick a point
2. Fight on point
3. Stay on point

This changes based on the situation. If there's too many opposing players on mid and you can't break their hold, try to take advantage of the fact that they can't be everywhere and take other points. If they're spead out over all 3 points, pressure 1 point with superior numbers. Don't play their game, make them play yours.

Of course this requires you to have team coordination. Good luck in solo queue.

1. Pick a point
2. Fight on point
3. Stay on point

This changes based on the situation. If there's too many opposing players on mid and you can't break their hold, try to take advantage of the fact that they can't be everywhere and take other points. If they're spead out over all 3 points, pressure 1 point with superior numbers. Don't play their game, make them play yours.

Of course this requires you to have team coordination. Good luck in solo queue.
Breaking the ice with a "hello" in teamchat goes a long way. I'm the first one to speak up about 95% of the time. I invariably follow up with asking who's taking our home point, and the rest kinda falls into place. More than once other randoms have said, "what a relief, a team that talks."

Best fight today was me with a pair of premades versus a single guild on Foefire. We talked strategy, and decided each premade pair was taking the near and far points while I bait the other team at mid to stay on the middle point. It worked perfectly since the guild sent a predictable 1-3-1 spread and subsequently lost the waterfall and quarry points while I ran away after pew-pewing from afar. Now it's a 5 vs 3 for ~15 seconds and now we can collapse on mid. By the time the first two who died come back, they're still outnumbered. Beautiful. Of course, it really helped that my team had a kick-ass mesmer who placed portals between mid and far.

spiritfox

Breaking the ice with a "hello" in teamchat goes a long way. I'm the first one to speak up about 95% of the time. I invariably follow up with asking who's taking our home point, and the rest kinda falls into place. More than once other randoms have said, "what a relief, a team that talks."

Best fight today was me with a pair of premades versus a single guild on Foefire. We talked strategy, and decided each premade pair was taking the near and far points while I bait the other team at mid to stay on the middle point. It worked perfectly since the guild sent a predictable 1-3-1 spread and subsequently lost the waterfall and quarry points while I ran away after pew-pewing from afar. Now it's a 5 vs 3 for ~15 seconds and now we can collapse on mid. By the time the first two who died come back, they're still outnumbered. Beautiful. Of course, it really helped that my team had a kick-ass mesmer who placed portals between mid and far.

PUGs that communicate are great. I had a match where we decided early on to skip mid and hold home and far. We managed to win 500-~200, and got 2 pips for that. I wish all my matches were that good.

Is anyone else saving their daily fractal chests for the fractal update patch?

I'm collecting data on the drops and if you want to share your data with me after the update it would be much appreciated :3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I'm collecting data on the drops and if you want to share your data with me after the update it would be much appreciated :3
Have they actually given an idea as to what is supposed to be changed about the chests or do we just know that something will change?

Have they actually given an idea as to what is supposed to be changed about the chests or do we just know that something will change?

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Upcoming-Fractal-Changes

tldr more ascended drops from master level dailies. Not sure if this means nerfing the ascended drops from the veteran/adept dailies, but probably.

Also increased and more predictable sources of gold from the fractal encryption boxes. They balanced it around people occasionally getting the 5g or 1g trash drops (as opposed to the 10 silver/15 silver), but that meant it was really unreliable and felt like a waste of time on days when you didn't get it

spiritfox

I have around 30 unlocked boxes that I'm waiting for the patch to open.

Please be good Fractal loot...don't want to get my hopes up, love fractals now that it's one scale...I have over 2000 infusion gonna redo my armor once i get to 3000, so i can start my fight to 51-100..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom