• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, I got an invite from the AMRS guild, which seems to have Retro and Ferny in it, but I don't know, they won't talk to me now. I feel like I am being conned.

Kimaka

Anyone else FPS just tanked with the new patch? Tried logging out and back in and it still is worse even in the regular server.

Edit: Nevermind, found the issue.

arimanius

So after the update I went to log in and decided to build a new character. When I went to character creation, it went to a black screen and nothing after that. Can someone try this and see if it does the same for you?

Same. They borked character creation. lol

Ferny

Well, I got an invite from the AMRS guild, which seems to have Retro and Ferny in it, but I don't know, they won't talk to me now. I feel like I am being conned.

Retro is trying to invite but it doesn't seem to work and Im in a limbo with the GAF guild. Trust me man we are trying.

Hey, it looks like the guild stuff isn't fixed yet?
What's the best way to party up right now? I sort of have no idea what I'm doing - itsnervedamage.3071

Bsigg12

Also quite standard MMO fare. Actually I think that might be less strict than WoW's naming policy (which isn't enforced at all).

I think that's why I'm so surprised by it. They're legitimately enforcing this so a couple of people I had met sent me a message saying they were banned. 1 because his name was Obama and the other because his name was PinV, which I find ridiculous for a ban.

Is anyone crashing to Desktop or have their computer reboot? I don't have any part overclocked. My Q6600 reached 51 C and my 260 216 reached 69 C. Seem to be acceptable. I'm also using the latest official drivers. Maybe I should use the latest beta drivers?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
nope. arenanet could be held liable and be sued

Why? I understan offensive stuff or usernames that make fun of historical figures, but just names that work with historical figures? What's possibly wrong about that oO

arimanius

I expect another patch ASAP or there's going to be a ton of screaming. Last patch looks like it broke character creation. Bad timing. lol

Sorry if anyone's already asked this, but if I purchase it now, will I be able to play at midnight (PST, I'd assume) or does it "launch" at 10AM tomorrow or so for people not in the early start?

Curious how the next 24 hours (and this weekend) will go. This has all gone amazingly smooth for an MMO launch. Better than the Diablo 3 launch for me as I've had zero problems outside of not being able to join the Gaf guild.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Sorry if anyone's already asked this, but if I purchase it now, will I be able to play at midnight (PST, I'd assume) or does it "launch" at 10AM tomorrow or so for people not in the early start?

the 3 day headstart started at midnight(EST i think?), i would think the game would do the same

playing gw1 while waiting for the flood gates to be open for peasants.

... or I would be but I've been downloading lion's arch for over 30 mins and plenty left to go. (never played on this computer and I have all xpacs. Gonna be painful)

etiolate

Banned
I am seriously considering a gaming mouse at this point. I have my keybinds and all, but those F Key skills are making me want more buttons. I also feel its ineffective to overload 95% of my input to one hand and a few fingers. This is especially an issue with how important movement is in GW2.

I gripped a few gaming mice to get a sense of feel. Right now, the Logitech G600 has a clear edge over others, with maybe the G500 behind it.

Orayn

No success in logging in since the last build... I did finish an event just in time, though!

EDIT: Ah, it was all of three minutes of not-logging-in-ness.

EDIT EDIT: Or not.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: There we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom