• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, how do I get the Hall of Monuments stone?

My accounts are linked and I definitely have a Hall of Monuments.

You should have a stone in your inventory upon character creation...but it seems to be a bit bugged/random. Two of my characters got it and one didn't.

If you didn't get it, head to Lions Arch and go to the "Undermarket"/pirate hangout in a section of LA called Hooligans Route (I think). There is a merchant there that will sell the stone for 0copper. The stone is in its own tab.

Gnub

I'm impressed. Super solid game.

I joined the Steam group and hope to join the guild (need someone to show me the ropes :eek: ).

foladar

Do we still go through the register.guildwars2.com website to register both the pre-purchase and retail keys? The second time (for the retail key) it gave me a difference number after my name? Hopefully it didn't create another account or something, I'm level 32..

We're going to deploy a new build of #GW2 and do server maintenance in about 30 minutes. This may affect your connectivity. ~RB

Hopefully they fix the guilds. I want in, damn it.

Does anyone know if Gamestops are doing midnight releases?

I really doubt it. Doesn't seem like something they'd open at midnight for to me.

They will. Madden 13 is coming out tonight.

But, that'll do it.

Anyone foresee any problems of installing this game onto a fresh 64GB SSD? (with only Windows 7 installed; intention being that Win7 and GW2 would be the only large files.) Otherwise it would go onto the standard 1TB HDD.

Shouldn't be any issues. The game files amount to around 15GB.
Also, Ascalon Catacombs Explorable mode is OD. Going to have to do my research before I attempt that again.
Explorable mode is intended to be difficult. Gotta get a good group that know what they're doing.

For those of you wanting bags on StormBluff Isle if you have 20 wool scraps or 10 bolts of wool I can make you a 10 slot bag for 5 silver. I have to buy a rune that costs 4 silver 98 copper to make the bag and I was doing them for free but they dont give me skill ups any more.

Just send the stuff in the mail to Franklin Delano on StormBluff and I will get you the bags.

friend of mine is asking if there are any deals for this game? GMG is sold out

GMG is out of standard edition keys it seems :( hopefully they come back in stock before the 31st so I can use the 20% off code.

Renjility was selling keys in the buy/sell/trade thread for $36.74. Don't know if he has any more, but I bought two off of him on separate occasions and he was super quick to respond and get me the codes.

EDIT: He's on right now and posting in that thread so if you catch him I'm sure he'll get you keys quickly. Took like five minutes to get the one from him I bought for a friend yesterday. Thread for the uninitiated.

Aeana

Even with the overclock, the spawn animation for the giant flame elemental in Metrica Province still takes me down to 7 FPS, heh. But other than that, wonderfully smooth 60 everywhere now. :)

Aselith

Is the confirmation email messed up? It keeps asking me to activate my account but then when I get the email, it isn't clickable. If I copy and paste it, I'm told that the link is not valid or expired.

arimanius

Bear in mind that the classes can take on far different roles depending on the weapon skills and utility skills they have. My Necro is VERY pet heavy (staff+pets), but with a couple of different skills chosen, he becomes very condition-dot heavy with no pets at all (wells+axe/focus).

Same with a warrior. A dual handed guys is putting out good aoe damage, but a sword/warhorn provides more buffs and support for a group. The weapons and utility skills you chose really define your play. Try all the weapons out for the one that feels right for your character and build from there.

Hmm that's an interesting point about the different weapons. Didn't realize it changed your characters gameplay that much.

Guess I need to figure out if I want a primary melee guy, hybrid, or a caster type then go from there.

Does weapon swapping work just like the kits for engineer?

Dakota47

Is the confirmation email messed up? It keeps asking me to activate my account but then when I get the email, it isn't clickable. If I copy and paste it, I'm told that the link is not valid or expired.

Yup, it's messed up. Just ignore it for now.

Are there weapon npcs? I wanna try out 2h stuff... but can't find any :S

Yup. There is a weapon vendor right by where you spawn from the tutorial in each race's starter zone. He sells all weapontypes.

Other vendors are scattered throughout the game plus karma vendors (the vendors after you clear a heart) sometimes sell weapons and gear.

Rpgmonkey

Finally starting to understand how crafting works.

I'm more of the "learn through experience" type, so those explanations on how it worked just flew over my head. Besides the constant collecting it's pretty easy now.

Finally starting to understand how crafting works.

I'm more of the "learn through experience" type, so those explanations on how it worked just flew over my head. Besides the constant collecting it's pretty easy now.

I didn't touch crafting at all in the beta weekends....this weekend I tried it. So oddly addicting using the discovery tab, lol. I wish there were some UI refinements in the recipes tab though. It feels like its going to be a major hassle at Max level with all those recipes listed out.

Ferrio

Banned
hmmm also... if i want to go 'magic swordsman'. what job would fit that 'class' right?

Guardian I guess? Elementalist can use daggers, and have some neat attacks too. Hell they can summon a huge 2 handed fire sword of doom for themselves and someone else to pick up and wreck face.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm in Ehmry's Bay. Am I not seeing any GAF tags (I'm in a different guild) because the invites are still wonky or do you guys not do eternal battlegrounds?

Aeana

I didn't touch crafting at all in the beta weekends....this weekend I tried it. So oddly addicting using the discovery tab, lol. I wish there were some UI refinements in the recipes tab though. It feels like its going to be a major hassle at Max level with all those recipes listed out.

The main thing I want is to be able to use materials directly from the bank. You can literally access the bank from the crafting UI to move stuff in/out; why doesn't it just automatically show you what's in the bank and use it if it needs to?

Ferrio

Banned
The main thing I want is to be able to use materials directly from the bank. You can literally access the bank from the crafting UI to move stuff in/out; why doesn't it just automatically show you what's in the bank and use it if it needs to?

Gotta sell that bag space!

Seriously if you wanna be a chef you need like a ton of bags and space.... cause there's SOOOO many ingrediants.

bounchfx

agreed, right now it's just an inconvenience.

Cyrano

Yeah, I gotta agree with this. It seems a bit silly. Would be a nice, simple UI refinement that would really perfect the experience of just going to the crafting UI and attempting to make stuff.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
People complaining about events being clusterfucks need to venture farther into e game. Eventually, events will need tons of people, and some are hard even with 50 (like that fucking fire elemental in the reactor meltdown)

While I agree, it's already so awesome that you have a collection for components that you warp stuff to. Not having to clog my bank with that stuff is a godsend. The fact that you can then access that collection from the collection database is even better.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I am just going to focus on Letherworking for a while, at least it has the useful fact that I can make bags.

Cyrano

People complaining about events being clusterfucks need to venture farther into e game. Eventually, events will need tons of people, and some are hard even with 50 (like that fucking fire elemental in the reactor meltdown)
I did this event once and decided I would never do it again. I don't think they should make the event easier, but I do think that deaths during that event shouldn't damage your armor. It's just one of those events where you're going to die A LOT. The repair costs just add to the sting when you only get the same experience for the event as any other.

I think I am just going to focus on Letherworking for a while, at least it has the useful fact that I can make bags.

I think all professions can make bags (or maybe its all armor type proffessions?) in both standard and invisible varieties. But each profession can also make a different type of special bag. I know armorsmith makes equipment boxes, which will fill up with weapons and armor first, and I think leatherwork makes ingredient bags.

Ferrio

Banned
I think all professions can make bags (or maybe its all armor type proffessions?) in both standard and invisible varieties. But each profession can also make a different type of special bag. I know armorsmith makes equipment boxes, which will fill up with weapons and armor first, and I think leatherwork makes ingredient bags.

Weaponsmith can't :(. So sad. Nor chef! Dammit I need my cooking bag!

-Opaque-

I can't decide what to main! I'm stumped on both class and race.

I struggled pretty hard with this too (well the class one anyway, I knew I wanted to be human).
If you can stand to do it I'd recommend just rolling the classes your interested in and playing them till about lvl 10 or so. Also jump into The Mists and play around with all the skills on the training guys and look at what trait specs you find interesting.
You can jump into sPvP too, but while I found that Thief is by far my favourite class for PvP I got bored with them in PvE (this happened to me in the BWEs too.. I should have learned).
I ended up finding Engineer clicking for me pretty well in PvE, by about lvl 6 I realised I was having far more fun with them than I ever did with a Thief and the Ranger I also rolled out of indecision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom