• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

100%ed the Norn starting area today. Even saw a few gaffers while I was doing it.

The main thing I want is to be able to use materials directly from the bank. You can literally access the bank from the crafting UI to move stuff in/out; why doesn't it just automatically show you what's in the bank and use it if it needs to?

Yea I was thinking this earlier, as awesome as the collection section is it'd be so much more awesome if I could keep my stuff in there as I craft. Also slots for linings and stuff would be nice.

epmode

The main thing I want is to be able to use materials directly from the bank. You can literally access the bank from the crafting UI to move stuff in/out; why doesn't it just automatically show you what's in the bank and use it if it needs to?
This really needs to happen. It kind of defeats the point when I have to stuff my bags full of crap I *might* need for discovery, only to dump it all back in at the end.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've been hording my karma (4k+ atm). Will it be used in any way for legendary weapons?

The cultural weapons karma vendors are quite expensive and awesome, you can find them in your race's city. Otherwise, I've seen some karma vendors from heart events ask for some expensive stuff, and the vendors in higher level areas from hearts will most definitely ask for higher priced karma-stuff.

Quixzlizx

Wow, I just got to the part of my personal quest where you (circus-related)
fight the ringmaster
, and I don't even want to play the game anymore. My green gloves broke, and the fight is just utter bullshit. I'm already downleveled just to do it, and I have my level 20 skills unlocked, so it's not like it'll be getting any easier

Ashodin

Wow, I just got to the part of my personal quest where you
fight the ringmaster
, and I don't even want to play the game anymore. My green gloves broke, and the fight is just utter bullshit. I'm already downleveled just to do it, and I have my level 20 skills unlocked, so it's not like it'll be getting any easier

Did you need help man?

1P8vE.jpg

Is there any strategy concerning team comp or given the nature of classes, in this game, does that not matter?
It's the ROLE CHOICE that matters, what class is used to do a given role with is up to the player. This is a big point that Anet hammered on. Certain class do better at certain roles, but not to the extent that any class is truly necessary.

Generally, 5-man team comp is best if you have at least one supporter, one controller, and one solid DPS. More is not necessarily better.
What is the limit on guild members, and what is the Gaf one at? Curious if I need to be watching this place closely to be sure I get a spot or not.
Max guild limit is 500 members AFAIK. Guild currently has just over 250 last time I checked.

Ferny

What is the limit on guild members, and what is the Gaf one at? Curious if I need to be watching this place closely to be sure I get a spot or not.

500 is the max which we bought and are up to. We only have 254 in the guild right now so we have room. It's just invites are being weird.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"Your game will restart in 30 seconds" Oh, better finish this up. *Goes to pick up item*

"Your game will restart in 15 seco- *Restarts*"

Bsigg12

I have 12 trait points to work with as an Engineer. I'm so confused on what I want to do because elixrs are proving to be totally bad ass. I also can't decide between the elite skills for the engineer. I have the rocket turret but I'm wishing I would have taken one of the elixirs. So, any advice?

Also, I have a question about corruption. When killing enemies, I get a kill count thing that says your conditions do more damage. Is this something that is curable or what is going on there? I can screenshot it if you need further clarification.

Einbroch

Banned
I have 12 trait points to work with as an Engineer. I'm so confused on what I want to do because elixrs are proving to be totally bad ass. I also can't decide between the elite skills for the engineer. I have the rocket turret but I'm wishing I would have taken one of the elixirs. So, any advice?

Also, I have a question about corruption. When killing enemies, I get a kill count thing that says your conditions do more damage. Is this something that is curable or what is going on there? I can screenshot it if you need further clarification.
Stats. I don't know about other classes, but as a Necro my trait unlocks blow. I just look at what stats I like and put points there.

inky

Man I love these updates. Any other game would be like: "we need to patch our shit, the game will be down for 12hrs minimum".

Here it is: restarts, 1 minute of patching, hey you are back in.

Aselith

So after the update I went to log in and decided to build a new character. When I went to character creation, it went to a black screen and nothing after that. Can someone try this and see if it does the same for you?

bm1616

I've been regularly creating and deleting characters for the past three days :/ though I seem to be sticking with my human necromancer the most. I just love my little minion army that follows me around, plus started GW1 as a necromancer as well. Really don't like the pompous little Asura though, so my idea of having a character in each class was kinda thrown out the window.

Loving the game so far

I love Norn. I just really wish their opening area wasn't so boring.

Asura turned out really cute and fun. Their little animations are great.

Sylvari I didn't like too much. Will level a char last with this race.

Human models are seriously great. A real step up from GW1.

Charr models are great, I really dislike the female model though.

Guardian and Thief are my two favourites so far. Haven't tried my tried-and-true class Warrior yet though and I don't want to get stapled into it again.

Einbroch

Banned
I wish Necromancer pets weren't so squishy. They die like every fight and need a long time to resummon. I don't even use any of my minions anymore. Shame, because that's kinda the point of the class.

Varna

Wow. All this time I thought this game didn't have day and night cycle... turns out it always seemed to be day on the overflow server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom