• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ok yeah i see the cursor but now my mouse is moving in the background touching things lol
*sigh* i guess it just isnt working for me correctly :( that sucks.

thank you so much!
Haha, in your tray in the bottom right, right-click and exit out of xpadder and the AHK script, then open both up again.

KuroNeeko

I wonder if these 2 races will be added in expansions?

G51ek.jpg

flMSN.jpg

Just curious but how are you liking Mesmer? My Mez is up to level 8 and while I like her - she's really cooldown reliant and her self-healing is pretty weak. Does it get better later on?

Lebron

I doubted the guardian greatsword usage, but then I actually rolled with it. I was wrong. So wrong. The class overall is pretty fun, even though friend said they nerfed the hell out of it during beta.

Milly79

Anyone here with a Q6600 having performance issues? I have it (OCed @ 3.2 GHz, along with the GTX 570) and the game performs rather poorly (20-30 fps on high settings @ 1680x1050).

Mine isn't OC'd and I have a 550ti and get around 25-50ish, but I'm also not running everything on high at 1920x1080.

KuroNeeko

Still, it'd be nice to know who to contact (Ferny, update that post already), I'm currently not on Stormbluff Isle so I can't ask anyone.
---

a short Mesmer guide for the first 30 levels (because my Mesmer happens to be level 30 now):

- the first 25 or so levels are tough. Don't be discouraged, it gets better, but leveling is definitely harder with this profession.
- we don't exactly have the highest damage output, not even close. If you want that, play imbaWarrior or Elementalist. Also, we tend to die really fast.
- unless you use a torch, I highly suggest getting Decoy as your first utility skill, as it boosts your survivability dramatically.
- I use sword/pistol & greatsword, so let me talk about these weapons - sword and phantasms are your main damage dealers. If you can, auto-attack enemies with your sword whenever possible, it deals at least twice as much damage as your greatsword (and can hit multiple enemies). The second sword skill, Blurred Frenzy, deals great (AoE) damage and makes you practically invulnerable for the next 2 seconds, use it as often as possible (in boss fights, run in, use Blurred Frenzy and get the hell out again). Switch between sword and greatsword whenever Phantasmal Duelist or Phantasmal Berserker can be cast again. For AoE damage, your best option with this setup is unfortunately to auto-attack with your sword or cast Beserker.
- I can summon golems!

jUYjs5AzfOasC.jpg

magic, yo

Thanks for this! We have the exact same setups! (My first unlocked skill was Decoy, then the Norn owl :3) Will keep pushing on with her.

Desaan

Black Lion goes up, Black Lion goes down
Black Lion goes up, Black Lion goes down
Black up goes Lion, Lion Black goes down

Card Boy

Banned
Just curious but how are you liking Mesmer? My Mez is up to level 8 and while I like her - she's really cooldown reliant and her self-healing is pretty weak. Does it get better later on?

I like it alot more than the thief/ranger/warrior/elementist so far. I can't comment on being better than the Guardian/Engineer/Necro yet.

I prefer 2 hand staff mesmer as you're more towards the back of a fight and you're number 5 skill is massive AoE that does heads of damage.

1 hander scepter is a good alternate skill set as just the auto attack keeps on summoning more clones.

I personally like it alot simply due to the clones.

I feel so bad. I've deleted like 8 characters, and as a result my highest level guy is level 16. And I'm starting to get bored of him!

I might give the Guardian a spin. I like how the class has all those passives on all the time.

I also need to retry Thief now that I know what the fuck I am doing. Same with Necromancer.

I think I've equipped two different skins of armor the entire time so far, kind of bland, every time I look at a new item and it looks the exact same so far :/ (pve wise, so far)

Ashodin

I think I've equipped two different skins of armor the entire time so far, kind of bland, every time I look at a new item and it looks the exact same so far :/ (pve wise, so far)

For 1 - 30 you pretty much wear the same thing. Then you get more stuff at 35 (racial tier) and 40 (ebonhawke, racial, etc).

It branches out.

inky

I haven't bought any of the racial stuff, but the Vigil armor is great and not that expensive either (about 15-20s a piece, lvl 80). I'm just going to get to 80 and then pursue nice looking shit.

Ashodin

I haven't bought any of the racial stuff, but the Vigil armor is great and not that expensive either (about 15-20s a piece, lvl 80). I'm just going to get to 80 and then pursue nice looking shit.

I'm actually planning on buying a full Vigil set as well.

eek5

Wo... I dropped 4 of my crafted items into the mystic forge and got a pretty sweet upgrade to my staff and dagger. Not bad!

edit: throwing rings in there wasn't as good lol

KuroNeeko

What classes are you guys seeing the most of? I know it probably varies by area but the Norn starting area is full of Elementalists, Rangers, some Warriors, Guardians, and the occasional Mesmer. The Sylvari have probably the highest number of Necros that I've seen, and a crap ton of Elementalists.

Actually, I've probably seen more Elementalists than anything else. Thief and Engineer are probably the least represented.

Stuart444

Did the Ascalon Catacombs with a group of guildies, just finished it about 10 minutes ago...

It was AWESOME :D We had some trouble at the start with trash mobs but pretty soon, we were dealing okay (rangers and elementilists really hurt >_< ). Boss wise, Nente wasn't that bad and neither was Kasha Blackwood. (She was actually the easiest in the dungeon I thought)

The twins were trouble and the only boss we wiped on but it wasn't too bad. Though I did end up pantless after defeating the girl (who we went after first). Also lots of boulders were thrown.

After that, we faced Adelburn and won. Great dungeon and really felt good after beating it :D.

Card Boy

Banned
So as a leather worker I can use iron ore, but I can't refine it? Why?

I wish the game wouldn't restrict crafting classes. I think Guild Wars 2 should straight up copy Monster Hunter when it comes to crafting

Meaning

* Crafting out of the bank (no dragging items out for receipies)
* No crafting classes whatsoever.

It's very backwards design saying 'Opps i forgot how to smelt iron bars, but i knew how to do it 5 minutes ago!'

Parfait

i agree with crafting out the bank oh my god having them in your inventory is such busywork bs

This includes all the items you make to make other items but cant go in the collectables. REALLY? You cant even sell some of them!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the crafting out of the bank will be added soon, but they will likely keep the two professions thing, since it does help the economy out once the TP actually works.

Card Boy

Banned
This includes all the items you make to make other items but cant go in the collectables. REALLY? You cant even sell some of them!

I agree with this. Items you make need their own collectables slots/tabs. It's like they want you to blow money on gems for more bank slots.

So I had five reset password emails last night, all coming from my account email (which I have no idea how they'd get hold of) Did anyone else get these?

fuzzyset

I was doing some sPvP for the first time today. It was so much fun. I loved exploring the world, but this is more fun. Playing with builds and what not. Trying out a crit based daggers necro build. Any other necros out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom