• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
just picked up the game(installing), pretty excited
any few bullet point recommendations / tips fellow gaffers?

As soon as you have the money for it, buy a copper pick, copper sickle, and copper axe for gathering. Gathering these materials as you play will help you level, get daily achievement bonuses, and give you a supply to start your crafting with.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah Human starting area is kind of boring but gets better at lvl 20 onwards.
I don't know, the 25-35 zone still feels a bit to dull for my tastes. If it doesn't change in the next one, I'm off to Charr/Norn/Asura's leveling zone.

Nekrono

I hated the human zones, really enjoyed the norn zones. It took me a while to find a class I really liked, finally settled on Warrior after 4 other characters.

Did you try Guardian? I went straight to Warrior and got him to level 14 and then tried Guardian which I'm only at level 7 but I have to say I kinda find him more appealing, to the point that I'm unsure which I want to make my "main". This comes from a guy that always plays Warrior.

As soon as you have the money for it, buy a copper pick, copper sickle, and copper axe for gathering. Gathering these materials as you play will help you level, get daily achievement bonuses, and give you a supply to start your crafting with.

Don't forget you have your own collectable storage, all of the items gather can be stored in it's own unique storage never seen that in a MMO before...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Playng my Norn Warrior now and I'm curious, if I have a viable Longbow spec for my Warrior, should I take up Huntsman as a craft or something else?

Piecake

Ended up finishing Brisban Wildlands at level 27 on my main. To the people who are constantly under-leveled, explore more and wander around. If you dont want to do that, play WvW or do something else. I really havent done a whole lot of crafting and have just stuck to the PvE and personal story.

Finally settled on my 5 characters

Quicks - Asura Engineer
Twoflower - Slyvari Warrior
Piecaked - Charr Necromancer
Harlequin Poe - Human Elementalist
Fordaegard - Norn Guardian

Had a ranger up to level 11, but i just wasnt feeling it. So went with warrior instead and i am loving it

I will probably play all of these so you definitely wont see a level 80 quicks any time soon

I don't know, the 25-35 zone still feels a bit to dull for my tastes. If it doesn't change in the next one, I'm off to Charr/Norn/Asura's leveling zone.

Asura definitely has the best starting area (havent tried Charr yet). Sylvari is pretty cool, but its just too damn bright. For the love of god, you must turn off bloom if you do that area

it's so hard to... focus on shit in this game. You see shit to gather, to see other shit, you get lured into an event.

Finally started to 'get' crafting. Even crafting isn't a grind in this game??

crazy.

hmmm still can't figure out a good system for 1v1 dps against melee range dude as a ele mage.

need to master aoe's.

Mothman91

Any good site you guys can give me that shows me what I can discover with professions?? There is always that 1 more item missing when I'm trying to discover a new item.

Jack_AG

Banned
Just got into the game today, made it to lvl 8.. tried sending some whispers for a guild invite but no response.
Chatbox is horrid. So easy to miss whispers. Go to gafguild.com, sign up, hop in mumble and catch an officer there.

That is also horrid tho since so many choose to go AFK in a non-afk channel.

Piecake

Chatbox is horrid. So easy to miss whispers. Go to gafguild.com, sign up, hop in mumble and catch an officer there.

Yea, is super easy to miss stuff, especially when guild chat is so active.

Lord Phol

I just can't decide on my last craftingskill for my thief ><. Either I go weaponcrafting for daggers and swords, or huntsman for pistols and shortbows. The problem is I mostly use pistols AND daggers D:.

Also are there any good readable guides online on crafting?
Dunno what I do wrong but i can barely craft anything no matter the amount of materials I pick up :x.

Finally started playing earlier today. Not having participated in the beta, I really should read the online manual a bit more. I echo the sentiment that this can be overwhelming, especially to MMO novices. But wow, it's a great game.

Stupid questions: Exactly how are account names (with the four digit code) and character names handled in-game? Are the labels above each player, for example, the former or the latter? If it's the former, then how do other players get to know the character's name? How are names handled in chat?

To whoever asked me about my layout, here it is.

t4uba.jpg

Stuart444

Okay, done a lot of Fields of Ruin (Dat Dragonbrand, the difference is quite something when you go from one bit which is green to the purple of the dragonbrand) and onto the level 39 mission for the Vigil.

Think once I do that and clear all of fields of ruin, I will try doing a runner to the other end of the Blazeridge steppes so I can face the Shatterer :D (as soon as he is available that is)

Also, people keep saying CM is easier, how so? I plan on doing the dungeon as soon as I am able to so I'm curious how it is 'way easier' than AC.

Ramirez

I have the WoW Cataclysm mouse and I cannot get this thing to be recognized in game when I try to bind stuff to it. It recognizes two of the side buttons and that's it, any help?

Nymerio

So I found a mask for my thief that requires two Minor Runes of the Eagle to activate it's bonuses. Where can I get these runes? Tried looking in the wiki but it doesn't say how you craft it.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Question to the guildies: Is Naija still in the guild? I tried the Chatbox but no one seemed to be there, so yeah. Can't join the chat, nothing in the guild menu. Would be really thankful for an answer, today was kinda boring without GAFs background noise.

No one? :/

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I got the Guild Invite, but it kept giving me an error and tells weren't working for me either. =/ No big. I need sleep. ;_;

Got the invite as well. But got some weird error when I tried to join. So I tried logging out, but now I can't log back in. Oh well, might as well take a break.

Got the invite as well. But got some weird error when I tried to join. So I tried logging out, but now I can't log back in. Oh well, might as well take a break.

I made this mistake. I think maint. is stopping from logging back in right now. I won't be around a PC again for a day or so after tonight, so I'm gonna hang out and see how long maint is---maybe get lucky and have invite work after.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tried to solicit an invite tonight to no avail - no worries. Had a BLAST with friends wandering and killing shit. SO amazing!

bounchfx

wtf, out of nowhere it kicks me out of the game saying Incorrect password. Now when I try to login there's an error. My gf is sitting next to me with no interruption at all.. :(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wtf, out of nowhere it kicks me out of the game saying Incorrect password. Now when I try to login there's an error. My gf is sitting next to me with no interruption at all.. :(

Server is going down for maintenance and is down now, maybe you just got kicked before her? :x

Same here. Maintenance?

yeah it's maintenance, Arenanet employee in our guild confirmed it ingame. Finally gonna fix the unable-to-see-guild-but-still-in-guildchat error. not sure what else lol.

To whoever was trying to invite me to the guild, I kept trying to accept but it would only tell me that the login server was down. Not much I could do. Please keep trying to add me!

Ferny

To whoever was trying to invite me to the guild, I kept trying to accept but it would only tell me that the login server was down. Not much I could do. Please keep trying to add me!
No one was tryingto add you, those are the past invites coming back from the server queue. They are hopefully fixing the invites with this latest patch.

Ketch

Yea I was lurking a bit in mumble earlier... anybody else just starting out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom