• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

I agree. However, they're making the actual posts there. They announce the post through twitter and facebook.

Well no wonder I never know about any of these things.

They should probably post these things on their website as well for us luddites who don't use anything social media.

Ferrio

Banned
They should re-open the forums they had during beta and just use those for communication.

I assume they're trying to keep traffic from their servers to a minimum until they can work out bugs in the game.

Seems like a terrible idea to discuss this sort of thing out in the open, when the person involved isn't the one posting.

I assume he's publically having a shit fit on his twitch account or whatever.

RossCo

Neo Member
Loving the ban drama thread.

That being said I wouldn't be suprised to see Arenanet relent on the permabans, maybe just wipe all characters off their accounts and let them start from scratch.

Well, I suppose that explains why I was under the impression that ANet was not communicating anything. I don't go to Reddit, and I honestly should not be expected to. They need to be using their website and launcher.

just be patient the data entry intern lost their dreamweaver ftp password obviously...

etiolate

Banned
Do not really approve of how they're handling these bans. Terminating Kripp for using cooking to make money is ridiculous.

They take down the mail to protect people from hackers, but they don't disable the gem shop with saved credit card info that could cost hacked accounts real life money.

And using reddit to announce and explain these things is somewhat obscure. I don't browse reddit. It's painful to read. I understand this allows them to respond to people, but I fear they will abuse it to do public shamings.

Vano

He actually didn't know that he was perma banned until that reddit post. But yes now the stream is glorious.

Yeah forgot he said he was 72 days, but the tears will be epic in the next video/stream lmao.

Do not really approve of how they're handling these bans. Terminating Kripp for using cooking to make money is ridiculous.

? the ban was for doing the buy 21 karma and salvaging stuff, is there a cooking xploit too?

edit: Welp, it was for the cooking it seems. My memory is bad.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

They take down the mail to protect people from hackers, but they don't disable the gem shop with saved credit card info that could cost hacked accounts real life money.

And using reddit to announce and explain these things is somewhat obscure. I don't browse reddit. It's painful to read. I understand this allows them to respond to people, but I fear they will abuse it to do public shamings.

They really need to get their official forums up and running a week ago.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
While I think the whole situation is being handled very poorly, this made me laugh

You exploited 2,167 time. Two thousand one hundred and sixty seven times. I will not comment further.

Why they don't use their patcher for news is beyond me.

Gasp, what's that? They do? Holy crap.

5m0J9.png

They're using Reddit right now, likely to avoid strain on their servers. They had to take their forums down due to sheer load.

Scum

I just got in from work. Trying to log in but I've got an email authentication screen up. Is this norm now? It wasn't like this when I logged on in the afternoon...

Vano

Kripparian only got really famous for his D3 stuff right? Or was he a famous streamer before that?

He comes from WoW, playing a Hunter in Exodus a top raiding guild, made videos of him playing PvP and stuff like that. Then he went to Diablo 3, streamed their try to first inferno diablo and now Gw2.

I'm glad they're at least engaging the community on this, instead of doing the regular thing companies do and saying "we banned 10000 players today", and leaving it at that.

So you can taste the mantears.

I love how the exploiters are saying "why didn't you just roll back the servers instead of banning us". Yes, let's undo the work that everyone else did, because you decided to exploit a mistake.

How about no. Take your ban like a man. You got caught, live with it.

bluestuff

So Kripp said he used the exploit to convert 20000 karma to 8 gold. Seems silly to permanently ban his account for that, especially since they are giving botters a 72 hour ban...

Vano

Ensuring the best possible play experience for our fans is our highest priority. We’ve said before that we would be willing to temporarily disable first-party digital sales if we felt our high player concurrency may compromise player experiences. We have now reached that point.

Effective immediately we have disabled sales via buy.guildwars2.com. To be clear, box and digital sales are still available via our retail partners. We are tracking our concurrency closely while expanding our infrastructure. We’ll re-enable first-party digital sales as soon as we feel that we can do so safely. ~RB2

Disaster, bomba, worst company ever, yadda yadda, etc.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Athene would write his emails+password in the email field and get "hacked" ;D

I miss Athene.

so are the banned doing charge-backs on the banned accounts?

That's what some of them seem to be saying. Not too sure if it will hold up any at all since the banned accounts did scroll down and tick the user agreement.

Disaster, bomba, worst company ever, yadda yadda, etc.

Looks like they went through with it then. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom