• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Basic error of fact. Law overrides what a ToS says, not the other way around. In most jurisdictions you may run foul of consumer legislation for miseleading and deceptive conduct, unconscionability or bait and switching. (Of course it depends on the circumstances of each case, etc but it's not as blanket as you make it seem).

Regardless, if you listed something at the incorrect price and a sale was made, you have ZERO ability to enforce the difference post-sale.
Presumably you are also unlikely to ban people from your establishment for trying to buy something for the price you listed.

Of course, that's not what the bans here are for; the people who merely purchased the items at the incorrect price have not been punished.

dorkimoe

Well I've done things to help that

1. I've put a lot of points in acrobatics, and shadow arts... so I have some durability and traits to get me outta danger.
2. I use dagger/dagger... so I have use of the 5th skill that gives me stealth.
3. I use the 25% speed increase signet.
4. I use scorpian wire to bring them to me.

Between all my mobility options and stealth options... they have to reaaaaaly want me to kill me. Usually after a couple stealths they lose interest.

Other things you could do is use sword, or some of the shadow recall stuff. Pop in... hit some people and recall out once things get dicey.

thanks ill look into this

Teknoman

What is this "overflow" stuff I keep seeing? Whenever I enter a new zone I'm moved into an overflow, and it seems like I'm only able to join the non-overflow zone in the middle of an event. :/

Basically a multi-server waiting room. You end up going there when too many people are in the area...I think.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Damn. My friend finally caved and was going to get GW2, but they disabled all digital sales 15 minutes prior.

Try to find a digital copy elsewhere. I checked GMG but they have an out of stock slogan. You might be lucky
or unlucky

Oh yeah! I found a black lion key yesterday while I was killing a few bandits for cloth. I opened it up and I received 5 perfect transmutation stones (the ones you can use on lvl 80 gear) as well as a novelty item that I could use 3 times. It turns me in to an Asura robot golem that unfortunately disappears when I zoned elsewhere.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm pretty sure thats how it works in real life. I believe you are legally owed the price put on an item if that's the only price listed for the item.

Except this isn't the case. That's a myth. Stores won't honour prices they put on mistakenly.

KingKong

hehe I have TP up.

if I'm constantly getting Overflow and have to queue up for WVW (and it takes like 1.5 hrs to join), should I join a different server or are they all like that? I believe I'm on Yak's Bend

kinda sucks because events and hearts are super boring right now, I'd like to just get XP in PVP

Card Boy

Banned
I had a support ticket and got the same email. Glad to see they are aware of the issue and a fix should be coming. I miss my NPC pet. :(

I just don't understand why /bonus /bonusitems doesn't work like Guild Wars 1 to bring items back. Obviously you will do it in a way so that it can't be exploited and people won't keep on getting those Chalice of Glory & Tome of Influences.

speedpop

hehe I have TP up.

if I'm constantly getting Overflow and have to queue up for WVW (and it takes like 1.5 hrs to join), should I join a different server or are they all like that? I believe I'm on Yak's Bend

kinda sucks because events and hearts are super boring right now, I'd like to just get XP in PVP

I suspect that a lot of the overflow problems stem from the actual zone you are in. 1-15 zones are going to be bad, 15-25 zones will likely be worse, everything else should be fine.

On the RP server Divinity's Reach has a huge overflow problem because people want to RP in the taverns and walk around, but if I head to Hoelbrak it is non-existent.

TheExodu5

Banned
How the hell do I get to this last spot? Driving me nuts.

how.png

KePoW

Banned
I'm pretty sure thats how it works in real life. I believe you are legally owed the price put on an item if that's the only price listed for the item.

Actually, that is completely not true (as someone else already said). You don't know what you're talking about on this.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hey guys, was wondering, is there any way to download the installer to a computer so it can be transferred to another? I want to put it on another computer in another location, but don't want to use up so much bandwidth on that one.

Aeana

Hey guys, was wondering, is there any way to download the installer to a computer so it can be transferred to another? I want to put it on another computer in another location, but don't want to use up so much bandwidth on that one.
I've done this twice now. Just install GW2's launcher on the target machine, run it so it kinda starts downloading, then close it and overwrite the files in the directory with the ones from the other computer.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I've done this twice now. Just install GW2's launcher on the target machine, run it so it kinda starts downloading, then close it and overwrite the files in the directory with the ones from the other computer.

Wait, what do you mean install it? Doesn't it start downloading the moment you select which folder to install to?

Aeana

Wait, what do you mean install it? Doesn't it start downloading the moment you select which folder to install to?
I kinda edited. No, first it creates the shortcuts and the folders, and then it starts downloading. Once it begins downloading, just close it and go overwrite the files. You can skip all of those steps if you don't mind creating the shortcuts yourself, I guess. I just did it to be safe in case it created any registry info, but I don't think it seems to matter.

Vodh

Just a quick update - from what I understand, only people who bought more than 100 of those mispriced weapons were perma banned. Sounds fair to me, and while a 72h slap on the wrists for buying something like 2 or 4 might sound harsh, it's there for educational purposes ;)

K.Sabot

Watching all these prices drop is making me sad.

Ectos went from 36s a pop to 22s in a matter of minutes.

Copper from 39c to 21c.

Good thing I got out while the gettin was good.

Aeana

Just a quick update - from what I understand, only people who bought more than 100 of those mispriced weapons were perma banned. Sounds fair to me, and while a 72h slap on the wrists for buying something like 2 or 4 might sound harsh, it's there for educational purposes ;)
No, that would definitely be way too harsh for just buying a couple. Fortunately, it seems like people who actually did only buy a couple were not punished in any way.

So I am really liking the Necromancer. I just have trouble deciding on a setup because I like most of his options.

2-handed staff is fun for bosses, and PvP/WvW probably.

Scepter/Dagger is pretty fun for condition stacking.

Double Daggers is cool for close combat, which is doable if you have someone backing you up. I generally only would do this in PvE vs single enemies.

speedpop

Copper from 39c to 21c.

Aye. I'm watching it sporadically but I don't want to jump ship just yet. The whole thing is too volatile and unless you're there at the cusp then you're bound to lose. I'll wait until it stabilizes in a few days/weeks.

So I am really liking the Necromancer. I just have trouble deciding on a setup because I like most of his options.

2-handed staff is fun for bosses, and PvP/WvW probably.

Scepter/Dagger is pretty fun for condition stacking.

Double Daggers is cool for close combat, which is doable if you have someone backing you up. I generally only would do this in PvE vs single enemies.

I was playing on my Necromancer with my partner last night who rolled a Guardian. I told her how much I missed playing it since BWE1, and that I should have rolled one to play by myself instead of when we only play together. Something about it that is enchanting. I'm more of a Staff fanatic, but I did the Dagger combo with her and it was sublime.

Copper from 39c to 21c.

Apparently so. Half of the crap I have that I could sell is going for only marginally more than I could vendor it for.

I was playing on my Necromancer with my partner last night who rolled a Guardian. I told her how much I missed playing it since BWE1, and that I should have rolled one to play by myself instead of when we only play together. Something about it that is enchanting. I'm more of a Staff fanatic, but I did the Dagger combo with her and it was sublime.

What's the best way to actually use the staff? PvE enemies seems too spread apart to make good use of the marks with the exception of bosses.

So how does the game hold up at higher levels?

I fear that just unlocking utility skills and other stuff with long cooldowns would cause folks to feeeel the repetitiveness quite early on.

Especially because you pretty much get all your attacking skills down in your first handful of levels.

btw: i need someone to pick for me cuz i'm indecisive, should i focus on my guardian or elementalist

:S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom