• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does the game hold up at higher levels?

I fear that just unlocking utility skills and other stuff with long cooldowns would cause folks to feeeel the repetitiveness quite early on.

Especially because you pretty much get all your attacking skills down in your first handful of levels.

btw: i need someone to pick for me cuz i'm indecisive, should i focus on my guardian or elementalist

:S

That is why you have 5 classes. Get tired of one? Switch to a different weapon set. Get tired of those? Play a different class for awhile.

Ashodin

So how does the game hold up at higher levels?

I fear that just unlocking utility skills and other stuff with long cooldowns would cause folks to feeeel the repetitiveness quite early on.

Especially because you pretty much get all your attacking skills down in your first handful of levels.

btw: i need someone to pick for me cuz i'm indecisive, should i focus on my guardian or elementalist

:S

If it feels repetitive, just use different weapons. Fun for all!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
What's the best way to actually use the staff? PvE enemies seems too spread apart to make good use of the marks with the exception of bosses.

The staff is best used for dynamic events and things that take a beating. Throw a mark here, throw a mark there, etc. Once you get the benefits of having ranged marks and boosted conditions is when it hits its stride. Outside of that, if you need to kill x amount of monsters then run around and do it the old fashioned way. Pull pull pull. Let your minions take the brunt, dodge it up, and use Death Shroud whenever available. There were many occasions where I would mark monsters, let my minions finish them off, and be harvesting elsewhere.

I'd say that Necromancers, along with Rangers, may be the fastest class to level up in a pure PVE sense because of their abilities. Like a weird but awesome mesh of Affliction & Demonology Warlocks on WoW.

Just because you aren't big enough to fill our needs, doesn't make us hideous. I'll let you farm some cooking materials for me though, since you seem to have some spunk to you. /rp

That's the way! /brofist

The staff is best used for dynamic events and things that take a beating. Throw a mark here, throw a mark there, etc. Once you get the benefits of having ranged marks and boosted conditions is when it hits its stride. Outside of that, if you need to kill x amount of monsters then run around and do it the old fashioned way. Pull pull pull. Let your minions take the brunt, dodge it up, and use Death Shroud whenever available. There were many occasions where I would mark monsters, let my minions finish them off, and be harvesting elsewhere.

Though marks dont seem to do damage by themselves. And my minions dont do enough at present to take something on alone. They also seem to switch targets with me.

Death Shroud is something I need to take more advantage of.

This is super terrible about providing tutorials on gameplay/finding a crafting skill. Seems like this should have been a priority but it looks as if it wasn't a concern at all.

meeee Hawkian the Blade

I know you've been waiting
KuGsj.gif

i've sent you whisper also, sorry if i'm hasslin' just wanna get some sweet gaf guild action.

also, question time, i'm loving my ranger since i boosted precision and added bleed to crits, but i'm a bit squishy close up and I do like to get the sword out sometimes. Should I be putting points into toughness or vitality to alleviate this?

LProtag

I can't tell if staff elementalist is viable for leveling. I'm using D/D and I'm just so squishy that I come close to dying or die a lot.

IceIpor

Tell everyone to get off Stormbluff so I can get some more people on it!

Also, I'd like an invite eventually. I guess I'm suppose to supply my gamename?

Raydonn.6240, if it helps

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, if you are on, please whisper me at Hawkian the Blade. If you want and invite but aren't able to come online, please send me a PM on GAF (it might take me a while to get to these).

Is there a guild chat? The people chatting in my window are in my local area right?

colours of the names: red = map, yellow = guild, green = local, i think party is blue. you can also select which ones to show in the drop-down box at the top of the chat window.

edit: oh ahhh. two of me. apologies.

njean777

Guys I am level 18 as an asura and was wondering where I should go to quest next? I finished the Metrica Province I believed it is called, and Caledon Forest also. Where is the next place I should go for my level? I am in Lions Arch right now just exploring.

Guys I am level 18 as an asura and was wondering where I should go to quest next? I finished the Metrica Province I believed it is called, and Caledon Forest also. Where is the next place I should go for my level? I am in Lions Arch right now just exploring.

Brisband (lvl 15-25). north of metrica actually.

vaelic

Banned
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z44ml/karma_weapons_exploit/

Today we banned a number of players for exploiting Guild Wars 2. We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable. The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game. We intended to send a very clear message that exploiting the game in this way will not be tolerated, and we believe this message now has been well understood.
We also believe and respect that people make mistakes. This is in fact the first example of a widespread exploit in the game. With this in mind, we are offering the members of our community who exploited the game a second chance to repair the damage that has been done.
Thus, just this once, we will offer to convert permanent bans to 72-hour suspensions. Should those involved want to accept this offer of reinstatement, contact us on our support website--support.guildwars.com—and submit a ticket through the "Ask a Question" tab. Please use the subject heading of "Karma Weapons Exploit Appeal", then confirm in the body of your ticket that you will delete any items/currency that you gained from the exploit. You should submit only one ticket. Once you have done so, we will lower your ban to 72 hours, and following your re-activation we will check your account to make sure that you have honored your commitment. If that commitment is not hindered, we will re-terminate the account.
This is a first and final warning. Moving forward, please make sure you that when you see an exploitable part of the game, you report it and do not attempt to benefit from it.
We look forward to seeing you in game,
Yours Sincerely,
Chris Whiteside- Lead Producer ArenaNet

Slavik81

So, are reserved names not free yet? This is like the 4th time I've created my character only to discover that the name is still reserved by my brother's account.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Thank god they're going to a permanent to 72 hours ban. Permanent is really excessive for something on their fault. It was like asking a kid in a candy shop to get one piece of candy while you have your eyes closed. Obviously they will take as much as they can get. Human greed exists especially in a MMORPG

Thank god they're going to a permanent to 72 hours ban. Permanent is really excessive for something on their fault. It was like asking a kid in a candy shop to get one piece of candy while you have your eyes closed. Obviously they will take as much as they can get. Human greed exists especially in a MMORPG

There's a difference between a kid who sneaks a couple extra pieces of candy (who apparently did not get punished), and a kid that sneaks a couple extra dozen pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom