• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

foladar

There's a difference between a kid who sneaks a couple extra pieces of candy (who apparently did not get punished), and a kid that sneaks a couple extra dozen pieces.

One's fatter than the other?

Trade supplies go so quickly, got stuck at 149 with nothing left. Tried to use the trading post but it apparently went back down. Think it's best to wait on doing trades until the trading post is working fully.

Does no one else get clipping like this?

GwPIl.jpg

S4e0l.jpg

its really fucking bugging me.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't understand how I have so little leather. I'm level 16, have 73 Jute Scraps, and 14 Raw Leather Sections. As a Leatherworker/Huntsman, this is frustrating.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just did like 3 or 4 of thetrin's Personal Story quests along with him, Maxrpg, and Lump, and while it was a lot of fun in general, I have to say I was blown away by the attention to detail in accomodating for having multiple players along for what is obviously intended as a singleplayer experience.

In one quest where you get a disguise, all of your party members got disguised, not just the one whose story we were in. They weren't all the same disguise, either. In another, there was a Golem tournament where the story character controls a golem; the other party members became little helper golems with unique skills to help out.

This game.

KuroNeeko

Jumped into some WvW last night and had a decent time. Here are just a few things I noticed:

1) There's a crap-ton of stuff to do. I split off from the zerg hivemind and just went to explore a bit with some other dood. We were halfway through this cavern killing monsters, not knowing what the heck we were doing , when we hit some critical mass and cleared the whole place (also getting a skill point in the process.) Next thing I know, teammates were pouring through the place on their way to some other point on the map. The whole thing was oddly satisfying.

2) Mesmer is hard. Some much stuff you have to remember. I'd fight in a few one-on-ones and die almost every time. I went into battle at around level 10, so I didn't have all of my slots unlocked - nor any traits up so I guess I was at a disadvantage. Thieves were killing me. Warriors were killing me. I don't think I managed to kill a single person. Which leads me to... (BTW, Chaos Storm is just way too much fun.)

3) The waypoints are sooooooooooooooo far away from everything. Talk about the walk of shame. I had to switch weapon sets just to get a speed boost and it still took forever to get anywhere. I think the forced respawn is a big enough penalty that they don't need to include armor damage. Just seems like overkill and one more thing that costs both time and money.

4) Monsters drop some decent loot.

5) Hitting smaller targets like supply trains is a lot of fun.

6) The game does a terribad job of showing you the ropes in terms of what you should be or could be doing. I don't mind learning by doing but I was pretty lost.

I guess it just takes getting used to. I may be switching classes - I like the Mesmer, but I feel the required skill level is pretty high and I may be better off switching to an easier class like Ranger or something. I'll probably take my Necro, Engineer, and Thief into PvP as well just to get an idea of what it's like.

I can't get into WvW cause the queue is so long. But wow, from the score I'm betting we control basically the entire map on all 4 battlegrounds. Just look at this total domination:

OdbEs.png

Gritesh

Do guilds work across servers?

I'm trying to get onto Stormbluff to play with you guys but its always full so I'm on Henge atm.

Subxero

Does no one else get clipping like this?

its really fucking bugging me.

My Norn had a few things that clipped kinda bad. I figured it was because I made him a Giant though.

Hawkian I whispered you for a invite to the guild. Do I have to be online to receive it? I ended up hopping off since it was late.

TheExodu5

Banned
Really liking the Trading Post implementation. Being able to place buy offers, and having buyer/seller prices listed on items in your bags is pretty incredible.

Deitus

They are being very kind with that one. To get permabanned for exploiting you would have had to do it quite a bit. Instead, they should stop banning people for swearing.

To my knowledge they haven't banned anyone for swearing. They have banned people for abusive behavior towards other players (which often happens to include swearing).

Edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...for_offensive_names_and_inappropriate/c5zuv7w

ArenaNetSupportTeam said:
We're gamers. Dropping the F-bomb in the heat of the moment is entirely different than calling someone an F#*%&%. I'm not saying you could drop the F-bomb all day long, but it's highly unlikely you'd be suspended for a single use.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Whoa. When was the last time this happened in like, online gaming history?

Steam runs out of game keys during their sales all the time... it's not that uncommon. :p e.g. They COMPLETELY are out of keys for "Prey", a game that came out like 10 years ago and that they once offered. and yeah, they run out of games they put on sale every time.

Subxero

I decided to get a copy to a friend and now they aren't selling the game. Amazon and GMG are out of keys as well. :(

I saw this earlier. My brother got a copy over the weekend and I had just convinced another friend to pick it up tommorow.

I think the last time I remember this happening was when Warcraft launched they limited the sales as they added servers.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Steam runs out of game keys during their sales all the time... it's not that uncommon. :p e.g. They COMPLETELY are out of keys for "Prey", a game that came out like 10 years ago and that they once offered. and yeah, they run out of games they put on sale every time.
The last thing I remember was Gta 3
Online gaming? :p

I've been on the backend of a Steam key sellout too... not exactly the same situation!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... I just made >1g on the TP in the last 10mins by just selling mats I had saved up, love it. Sold about 1g worth of low-level mats yesterday, now another goald today by selling lvl50-100 crafting mats. Glorious. Tiny&small totems go for like 2s, so do vials of blood oO

I have a little bit on my right hand. Not as bad as yours.

K2GVS.jpg

Even that would piss me off, but the insane amounts im getting on my guy is driving me crazy.

haven't seen clipping on my human ranger (i always use the HoM armor), but on asura mesmer, the weapon clipping is crazy.

Hmm, would you mind checking the first crafted leather coat on your model? and tell me how tall and what body type you chose? Maybe my guy is too short, or to muscley or something.

suko_32

So I assume these prices on crafting materials are as low as they're going to be right? I believe and may be wrong, that prices tend to creep up after these trading post/auction house things are open as weeks go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom