• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dude

Of course! :)

edit: BTW I'm gonna be repping the overflow guild to get them some influence for basic upgrades today. Just PM Hawkian the Blade if you need me.

I'm late to say this but good on you for doing this. I know that if I wasn't lucky enough to get into the main guild, I'd be thrilled that the overflow was getting some love.

My main, female human elementalist: Dusk.

I8TtB.jpg

My ALT, appropriately named after Sawyer from Lost:

oIC86.jpg

I'm still only at level 6, but I really enjoy exploring the world, so I tend to lag behind in MMO's.

nickcv

Nope. You can have up to 5 people.

Personal Story I believe is solo. (Correction, you can have up to 5 people)

Your home city has a gate that leads to an area with gates to all the other starting cities.

You can join each other in your personal stories; you can't make progress at the same time though.

To get to each other, in the main city for your race there will be an Asura Gate (big purple portal) to Lion's Arch (awesome, beautiful, central city). From Lion's Arch, there are Asura Gates to all the major racial cities where you can meet up.

thanks a lot guys!

just one more question: do personal story instances scale up? i mean, if i'm not doing alone will the difficulty increase accordingly to the number of players involved?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I believe it will scale up to accommodate, but it'd still be easier than doing them alone.

So wait, how do you see orders that need to be fulfilled on the TP?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Omg, loving the constant stream of pigeons when you're standing at the TP counter. Reminds me of owls in Harry Potter.

Liberty4all

Banned
I can't remember my arena net password, it's been years since I played Guildwars 1. The Reset password feature is disabled.

I'm thinking about making a new account. Does it really matter whether I link this account to my old one or not?

(any special features due to having played guildwars 1?)

Raxum

So according to a friend, the WvW just reset and Stormbluff was in front by about 5k points. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm at work and can't log in to check.

Liberty4all

Banned
If you have EotN and dedicated stuff in your Hall of Monuments, you can get some neat skins and stuff. Minipets too. If not, you get nothing.

I never played EoN. Only played the very first Guildwars Prophecies. The Hall of Momuments Rewards calculator, my username is just getting an error message so I guess it's a flop for me.

Still, I'd like to log in under my old account, I wonder why they disabled password reset

I'm only level 14 but I feel like leveling has hit a wall. I can't find enough events to level and I've done all the heart quests in my area (Norn). What am I not doing right?

When is time up for people that had early access keys? Is it at midnight? I just need to know if I will be able to activate my key through log in or from their website.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
why is WvW always full ive never been able to get in yet always puts me in a queue.

What? Classes have body type restrictions?

I guess not - I tried out a few different options for human male and they were all the same number. I think I got confused since male human have 11 physiques and females have 12.

What's even weirder is that there are definitely thinner Guardian options. I'm either going crazy or the maybe the character creator was acting funny when I made my original character, but I remember going through all the physiques specifically looking for slenderer options. Weird - although I was super tired when I created, so it easily could have been user error.

Just to confirm, trophy items are only meant to be sold, there's not value in keeping any certain type of these items (still new to Guild Wars, and haven't played an MMO in a long time, so apologies for the basic questions)

I guess not - I tried out a few different options for human male and they were all the same number. I think I got confused since male human have 11 physiques and females have 12.

What's even weirder is that there are definitely thinner Guardian options. I'm either going crazy or the maybe the character creator was acting funny when I made my original character, but I remember going through all the physiques specifically looking for slenderer options. Weird - although I was super tired when I created, so it easily could have been user error.

Yeah. I think you just made a slight error. My Guardian is slenderer than yours is for sure.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Does the loot get any more varied? Everything seems pretty similar from beginning to 39 so far.

Seriously...

I got even more depressed when the trading post finally came up for me this morning and there were only a couple of different variations for each slot in the lvl 20 - 35 range of gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom