• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwing

We're getting absolutely destroyed in WvWvW right now. There's like 4:1 jade quarry people in a bg to us. Like nothing you can do.. just a huge zerg vs a handful of people.

So we get the uneven buff

GWaLV.png

How the hell is that suppose to help turn tides?

lol this is the first time I've seen this, now we know how Darkhaven, Emiry Bay servers feel lol

Hoo-doo

Banned
So ... EU guild .. wtf is going on?
I've not seen anyone on Gang with the Gaf tag, hell I go around screaming about it on map and no one answers.

Is the EU guild a myth? Is this Nessie all over again?

There is no EU guild. It's two US-based guilds, with mostly everyone on Stormbluff Isles(US).

Yeah, it sucks.

etiolate

Banned
WvWvW needs a better win scenario other than points and a time limit. The battles between Stormbluff and JQ have been rather close, and back and forth. Yet it doesn't feel like there's a winner. Time just runs out and whoever was more active at that time won. Then it resets and the whole dance begins again. If the reset was at six in the morning then you'd have a different winner than you would have of the reset was at six in the evening. It doesn't feel like victory.

I'm not sure the week long matches will fix this. I think there needs to be some other goal than points.

darkwing

WvWvW needs a better win scenario other than points and a time limit. The battles between Stormbluff and JQ have been rather close, and back and forth. Yet it doesn't feel like there's a winner. Time just runs out and whoever was more active at that time won. Then it resets and the whole dance begins again. If the reset was at six in the morning then you'd have a different winner than you would have of the reset was at six in the evening. It doesn't feel like victory.

I'm not sure the week long matches will fix this. I think there needs to be some other goal than points.

what other goals other than points do you suggest?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
We're getting absolutely destroyed in WvWvW right now. There's like 4:1 jade quarry people in a bg to us. Like nothing you can do.. just a huge zerg vs a handful of people.

So we get the uneven buff

GWaLV.png

How the hell is that suppose to help turn tides?

They probably figure that if you're losing then you might as well call it quits, secure some Yaks and rake in the karma/xp. Maybe start killing wolves for some blues/yellows to sell!

Vostro

Is anyone else losing money at trading post? When I click buy, the item doesn't doesn't show up at pickup but it seems they charge my money...

eek5

Is anyone else losing money at trading post? When I click buy, the item doesn't doesn't show up at pickup but it seems they charge my money...

Sometimes it lags really bad. I haven't experienced that lately but it has happened to me before.

Don't click multiple times. You'll eventually get all the stuff and in my case I ended up with like 10 bags instead of 1 :lol

edit: TP seems to be lagging really bad right now. Canceled some buy orders and didn't get my money until about a minute later

Spirit3

Don't buy, just sell :) Haven't lost anything yet but haven't really fallen into the crafting trap yet still adventuring.

Speaking of which 50 hours later and I finally got a new coat that makes my outfit look different from the starter look. And after seeing I've played the game for 50 hours (I played Sleeping Dogs for just 20) I think I need to take a break.

docbon

Sometimes it lags really bad. I haven't experienced that lately but it has happened to me before.

Don't click multiple times. You'll eventually get all the stuff and in my case I ended up with like 10 bags instead of 1 :lol

edit: TP seems to be lagging really bad right now. Canceled some buy orders and didn't get my money until about a minute later

Yeah, it's been over an hour for me and I still have not received payment. Honestly, I wouldn't fuck with the trading post right now since it's melting down.

eek5

Yeah, it's been over an hour for me and I still have not received payment. Honestly, I wouldn't fuck with the trading post right now since it's melting down.

Too late! I canceled like 30 buy orders. I hope I get my money back :lol

Anyone know the monthly reward for September? I have these done and am wondering if it's worth it to get this last one but there's still 3 tiers to go

gw0059bkvj.jpg

how many kills are in the next tiers?

Sethos

Banned
You haven't played Guild Wars have you, game can get brutal like that.

No, because a previous game had it doesn't make it any less of a shitty mechanic.

It's not "Brutal", it's annoying. My warrior barely gets dented and with the winheal button it's never a problem no matter how many there are but it's fucking annoying to the point of visible and audible frustration. Stupid design.

Blitzhex

Anyone know the monthly reward for September? I have these done and am wondering if it's worth it to get this last one but there's still 3 tiers to go

how many kills are in the next tiers?

Last month I got 20 mystic forge coins and a bunch of silver. It's probably the same this month since the daily rewards are always the same.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hit 48 last night and got ready to start a new zone. Does anyone else get REALLY overwhelmed when making that zone transition?

Also, two questions...

1) I'm going to need to start buying the next stage up in gathering equipment (the ones that cost 1s xc), but I'm worried it's going to start eating into my money. I've got like 1g 20s at the moment, but it's taken a LOT of work to accumulate that little amount of monies. Is there any good "farmable" options for money that don't involve selling at a miserable loss on the TB right now?

2) Where do you even begin to accumulate the amount of karma necessary for the cool cultural stuff? 63k for one piece of the t3 stuff? That's a LOT of karma for a set...

No, because a previous game had it doesn't make it any less of a shitty mechanic.

It's not "Brutal", it's annoying. My warrior barely gets dented and with the winheal button it's never a problem no matter how many there are but it's fucking annoying to the point of visible and audible frustration. Stupid design.

Conditions? I call them Boons.

*Engineer Elixir Love*

And if I had a penny for every time someone called something "stupid design" when it really isn't, I'd have plenty of pennies.

2) Where do you even begin to accumulate the amount of karma necessary for the cool cultural stuff? 63k for one piece of the t3 stuff? That's a LOT of karma for a set...

Playing casually in WvW for an hour or two gets you 6k karma, that much I know.

Ken

Any tips on gearing at level 80, like where and what to buy? Still using level 60 stuff and I should hit 80 tomorrow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hit 48 last night and got ready to start a new zone. Does anyone else get REALLY overwhelmed when making that zone transition?

Also, two questions...

1) I'm going to need to start buying the next stage up in gathering equipment (the ones that cost 1s xc), but I'm worried it's going to start eating into my money. I've got like 1g 20s at the moment, but it's taken a LOT of work to accumulate that little amount of monies. Is there any good "farmable" options for money that don't involve selling at a miserable loss on the TB right now?

I still consider 1g to be a lot
KuGsj.gif

I'm sure it's not the most efficient, but AC story mode makes quite a bit of cash. On a related note, holy crap is explorable mode tough. I really like the way it's set up, with some actual lore behind each mission, but wow it is intense. I can already see how it'd be easier trying a second time, but man we did not succeed.
KuGsj.gif

Ken

KuGsj.gif

I'm sure it's not the most efficient, but AC story mode makes quite a bit of cash. On a related note, holy crap is explorable mode tough. I really like the way it's set up, with some actual lore behind each mission, but wow it is intense. I can already see how it'd be easier trying a second time, but man we did not succeed.
KuGsj.gif

Are you guys doing AC explorer?

Sethos

Banned
After TP came up I feel like I'm raking in money, I don't even have a single profession ( Well, 0 points in the ones I have ). Made 1g 50s last night alone, which is a decent profit.

I do however very much like the 'small numbers', unlike other games where you get thousands of gold, feels like dealing in African dollars. Here, a single piece of gold is actually pretty nice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are you guys doing AC explorer?
Tried it with an all-gaf team last night, but we were outmatched despite making progress (wasted a lot of time on a skippable secondary boss before realizing you could go around him).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
KuGsj.gif

KuGsj.gif

We were going to run AC explore last night, but we got to bullshitting in mumble and forgot about it, ha. We decided to try and find a group for CM story, but nobody in guild wanted to so we sort of trailed off. Hopefully we'll get a run in tonight.

Speaking of which, mumble is amazing and more guildies need to get on that. I have a group of 3-6 people that I play with every night and mumble has made it SO much fun.

Also, my group is ALWAYS willing to run things. If we're on, we're up for a dungeon run. Of my regular 3-6 folk who I mumble with, 2-3 are on almost religiously, the others have odd work and night class schedules. That being said, we're usually in PvE 1-3 (look for my GAF name pretty much anytime after 5 PM EST).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mumble is great for everything and crucial for dungeons. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when you can communicate natural and do so while fighting.

eek5

my xp for monthly has bugged out 3 times at 50k xp. hit 50k first then it stopped progressing, went to 52k then stopped, now it's stuck at 55k. FML

Deadly

I can assure you if you were in the heavy HoD/NSP/BG fighting over the last few days before AA bailed :)rollseyes) you wouldn't be saying that WvW is merely a zergfest.
So Titan Alliance is on HoD and AA was on NSP? From the gw2guilds site, it appears multiple guilds are jumping ship too since AA left :lol

Stuart444

So just a comment on The Battle of Claw island mission

Fun battle, having to run and tell everyone about Zhaitan's minions and then taking down the boat. Felt sad when Forgel (does this change depending on the order you choose?) decided to stay behind while we escaped. Just the whole atmosphere felt pretty right.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tell you one thing, I really want to beat AC explorable now. Just need to look up some strategies for the path and get some better gear.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
CM story kinda blows, so that's probably why you're having trouble getting a group. I'll run it with you for the hell of it next time we're on mumble at the same time, though.

I'm more interested in seeing what exploitable is Iike for that one. Maybe it's a dungeon worth running in that mode...

Hopefully I'll catch you tonight, depending.

We were wondering where you ran off to - we figured to run story for the sake of doing it. But if there's no reason to run story outside of story progression (as in, not necessary for anything else), we're down for explorable. In fact, I think explorable typically yields significantly better rewards anyways (given that you get the tokens I think, right?).

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yup really does, I also thought there was going to be a GAF Guild on Gandara thats why I rolled there but...:(

Well, there are a few gaffers on Gandara, but it's like 95% Stormbluff Isles.

I already transfered somewhere else to play with a friend, there's no real point in staying on Gandara just for the guild, sadly.

LTWheels

Yup really does, I also thought there was going to be a GAF Guild on Gandara thats why I rolled there but...:(

I agree. I believe that the EU GAF should split into its separate guild. It's great in theory having a global guild, but with limited guild capacity, it doesn't work that great to create an EU GAF community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom