• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Any tips on gearing at level 80, like where and what to buy? Still using level 60 stuff and I should hit 80 tomorrow.

I was in a similar situation (where my accessory items were as low as 30) but I spent like a less than 20s to upgrade my weapon and accessories.

upgrade_1.png

I still need to upgrade armor and the back slot XD

I have not yet started crafting but decided to go with armor and weaponsmithing. But question, when you add something to collectibles from your inventory do they show up in the smithing window? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right...I have quite a bit of collectibles but it looks like I cannot craft anything due to lack of proper materials.

LkPr

Ranger question ... isn't there a Trait that applies any boon that my pet has to me as well? If so, what's it called?

...NVM, found it

Forkball

So what should I be doing in WvW besides pounding on gate doors? I know there are supply camps, but where do I take the supply? I somehow helped build a battering ram once. I want to be useful instead of just another dead body to pile up during sieges.

arimanius

My Norn Warrior reached lvl 14 and I love her. I tried other classes, but it is so much fun to just be able to switch and choose among all the weapons.

Any good build for a warrior? I started with Discipline as I do a lot of weapon swap.

I'm running an Arms/Discipline warrior with the seals as my skills.

I have the Deep Strike arms talent that gives me crit % for every passive seal I have. This gives me around 91% crit chance. Then every point in Disc ups my Crit damage.

So far I'm melting faces.

Mothman91

Went from 60-71 last night power leveling cooking...but I did get a couple hearts while I went to get the peaches and raspberries. Now my gear is shit. Gonna save my karma for the 80 zone. Anyone know how much the gear costs there?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Its worth running just to get a look at the dungeon. The issue with it is that it's super short and easy. It's a bizarre follow up to AC, which is a bit of a challenge even on story.

I'll give it a shot then. Finally clearing AC story was a REALLY exciting experience, but it was also a VERY frustrating one. Hopefully AC isn't a sign of things to come.

SorchaR

I'm feeling rather dense... I just bought a new mouse that has 4 buttons. How do I set mouse button 4 up to take the place of my F1 button?

I need to get in on some AC explorable mode runs. I think I just hit 34 or 35 last night.

Oh dear. Logged in to check my trading post only to find out that nearly 6g of items sold, but the actual gold isn't available for me to pick up.

Master, teach me your ways. My character is really living up to the "raised in the streets" story line. Crafting is draining my bank account rapidly but hopefully it will pay off in later levels.

Hope your funds show up eventually. That would be pretty shitty. :/

Karma gear in Orr costs 42k per piece from the 5 temples.

"Any tips on gearing at level 80, like where and what to buy? Still using level 60 stuff and I should hit 80 tomorrow."

Get buddy-buddy with people who have 400 crafting for the gear you need. Be prepared to grind a lot, good level 80 gear isn't cheap nor quickly acquired. Temporarily you can settle for auction house greens + Ruby/Sapphire/Opal/etc. Orb upgrades to give you decent stats.

Karma gear in Orr costs 42k per piece from the 5 temples.

"Any tips on gearing at level 80, like where and what to buy? Still using level 60 stuff and I should hit 80 tomorrow."

Get buddy-buddy with people who have 400 crafting for the gear you need. Be prepared to grind a lot, good level 80 gear isn't cheap nor quickly acquired. Temporarily you can settle for auction house greens + Ruby/Sapphire/Opal/etc. Orb upgrades to give you decent stats.

I know the place you are referring to and there are quite a few others around in orr that sell level 80 gear for a lot cheaper

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I liked AC! Good group and communication and it's really rewarding. I still haven't figured out a good way to take that last boss without wiping though.

I think the run we did would've gone much better on mumble.

Yeah, it would have. We did another run on mumble with all of us on mumble and it went MUCH better. Communicating when someone was down and needed a rez, where pulls were coming from, etc. Unlike WoW days where you didn't need to call much of anything outside of "Pulling in 3...2...1...", you NEED to talk with your team in this.

Also, the only strategy we found on the final boss of AC is to circle strafe him. Doing that kept us alive a LOT longer than just dodge-attack-dodge.

ShaneB

It doesn't seem to recognise any mouse buttons though, only keyboard keys.

When you say any, do you mean all the mouse buttons? It's just a matter of a new keybind for whatever the f1 skill is labeled as in the options. What kind of mouse is it?

Cute avatar too btw :p edit: what he said too about drivers.

SorchaR

did you install the drivers from the official site for the mouse?

yes I did. It came with a configuration tool, but all that allows me to do is set up settings for use in Windows. If I set key 4 up to be Space or anything like it, it doesn't work in Gw2.

When you say any, do you mean all the mouse buttons? It's just a matter of a new keybind for whatever the f1 skill is labeled as in the options. What kind of mouse is it?

Cute avatar too btw :p edit: what he said too about drivers.

It recognises the two normal mouse buttons and the scroll wheel. It's a HP 5 Button Optical Comfort Mouse.

yes I did. It came with a configuration tool, but all that allows me to do is set up settings for use in Windows. If I set key 4 up to be Space or anything like it, it doesn't work in Gw2.

yeah i wouldn't do anything other than install the driver. and just set all your keys in the actual game like double clicking the empty box next to the the default key you want and the window will pop up asking what key to bind. you click that button and it should have recognized it.

KingKong

I was playing on Dredgenaut Cliffs and it was just super boring. Nothing but snowy areas and those little lodges that all look the same, boring enemies and none of the hearts/events were any fun

Does anyone know if Blazeridge Steppes is good? I'm level 44 so I might craft/WvW for a few levels and then go to Bloodtide Coast which is 45+

SorchaR

yeah i wouldn't do anything other than install the driver. and just set all your keys in the actual game like double clicking the empty box and the window window will pop up asking what key to bind. you click that button and it should have recognized it.

Thanks for trying to help, it's much appreciated.
I have no idea why doing that doesn't work, which is a shame because I bought the mouse especially for GW2. I'll admit defeat for now and ask my husband to take a look tonight at what I'm doing wrong. (ugh, hate being that sort of wife!)

ShaneB

Thanks for trying to help, it's much appreciated.
I have no idea why doing that doesn't work, which is a shame because I bought the mouse especially for GW2. I'll admit defeat for now and ask my husband to take a look tonight at what I'm doing wrong. (ugh, hate being that sort of wife!)

What he said should work I think, if you're changing button configs in the mouse config, perhaps that messes up the keybindings in GW2. Windows usually has no problems with 5 button mouse, as "mouse button 4" and "mouse button 5" are pretty standard now.

Stuart444

Transferring to a US server? I don't think that'll be great in terms of latency.

Doesn't really affect me and I'm a UKers on HoD.

Anyway, anyone got any tips for Twilight Arbor? And how likely am I to run into problems with PUGs? If no one in my guild wants to run it tonight, I might go the PUG route since I want to clear story mode before I do Sorrow's Embrace.

Ricker

Yes, transfer is still free as of now. Just hit the "worlds" button on the character screen.

Still a little confused by this...is Transfer the same as Guesting?...my friend is on a French Euro server,when we play in the morning,his server is on overflow most of the time because it's late afternoon in Europe so he comes over to the my American server to help me do the undoable My Story quest line playing solo,then he goes back to his Euro server...doing this is going to cost real money everytime at some point?

Arcteryx

I'm checking every day for the name change purchasable to show up.

I'd kill for the ability to re-design our characters. Didn't realize that the default head size...was so friggin small :(

I lost a ton of money at the Trading Post today Has it been fixed yet?
Nope. Check the thread on Reddit/official GW2 forums for updates, until then I wouldn't use it, as I lost ~1g myself from 2 rare dyes :|

eek5

Still a little confused by this...is Transfer the same as Guesting?...my friend is on a French Euro server,when we play in the morning,his server is on overflow most of the time because it's late afternoon in Europe so he comes over to the my American server to help me do the undoable My Story quest line playing solo,then he goes back to his Euro server...doing this is going to cost real money everytime at some point?

Yes doing that will cost money but they're going to add guest passes in the future which will allow you to play PvE w/ people on other servers.

Sethos

Banned
I'd kill for the ability to re-design our characters. Didn't realize that the default head size...was so friggin small :(

Yeah, I'd probably get that as well. I was doing it a bit fast to get to the naming part, which failed. Didn't realize you could use last name or even multiple words so I ended up with a poor one-word character name. I wanna be High Warlord Sethos - Amagawd!

kairotic

Neo Member
What is everyones opinion on the AC dungeon?

To me it feels like the boss mechanics are built around having clearly defined group roles, yet the game discouagres such a thing. Our group of decently geared, above lvl 30 players got face rolled over and over and over again. Am I just missing something?

Did it with a PuG. Didn't have much beef with it. It's certainly Easy Mode Off: people who've been spamming one skill over and over until now, get wiped within seconds. Serves them right.

I see people complaining about the difficulty of it, and that it "requires predefined roles", but I don't think so. It just needs people who know what the heck they're doing, and can adapt to the situation. I'm actually tempted to try an all-Engineer run of it sometime.

Downsampling.

And a 2MB Jpeg of a 3274p image, lol. Hello compression.

It's a stitch of about 20 files. And sorry, I'll upload a PNG version now.

Though in hindsight, I need to start using an external screenshot tool, instead of the in-game one, which dumps to a compressed JPG. Derp.

EDIT: Derp, you can add -bmp to command line, to make Guild Wars 2 dump to uncompressed BMP.

So I am slowly testing all the classes, looking if I will continue on my Warrior or play some other class. The last ones to try are Thief, Elementalist and Ranger, anyone can comment on them? I will play Sylvari, that's the last race I haven't played yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

To me it feels like the boss mechanics are built around having clearly defined group roles, yet the game discouagres such a thing. Our group of decently geared, above lvl 30 players got face rolled over and over and over again. Am I just missing something?
It's actually great. Very challenging, but doable with any group of classes in my experience.

Clearly defined roles are not necessary in my opinion. But these things are:

-Communication. Mumble is ideal, it makes a huge difference.
-Rez from downed state. This goes like 30x faster than in PvE, do it alllllll the time.
-Use the boulders strewn about everywhere. They're a distance knockdown. Especially key trying to separate the Lovers.
-Call targets. CTRL + T, or ctrl+click, to call; T to select a called target. Really important.
-Having some kind of team buff/support skill with you is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom