• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
6Ta5o.png

heheheheheheh

chiablo

And just like that, I got Guild Wars 2 for free. Pre-purchased only beta which I can play, three emails and two phone calls confirming it, yeah, free.

Anyone have any ideas on a contest to win a copy of GW2?

Grats dude. I got Vanguard for free when it first came out. Something tells me you're going to be much more satisfied with your prize than I was.

Wait no, more like 2 gb. Anyway who cares. I hope the game is good. I purposely didn't play in any of the beta weekends and actually haven't even watched a trailer, just seen some screenshots. Basically a blind buy but I love loot and Diablo type games so I'm sure it'll be great.

Trey

Figured out why I was getting so many more frames. Vsync was defaulted off. I get around 80-100fps with it off, if the in-menu frames counter is to be believed.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Figured out why I was getting so many more frames. Vsync was defaulted off. I get around 80-100fps with it off, if the in-menu frames counter is to be believed.
just turned it off (had enabled everything) and my already admirable framerate at max settings (including shadows) got even better. not much tearing either.

It killed all my keybinds and I don't want to waste the time setting it to be able to play with my controller for such a short test. otherwise I am so happy right now. got a friend to come on and join me in the charr area
Wait hold on a minute, this is just a stress test weekend isn't it? i thought it was the start of the 3 day early access derrrrrrrp

I don't know what you mean, but in 48 hours the game servers are live as fuck.

Trey

Yeah, I can live with 60fps. The screen tearing is too noticeable.

Wait hold on a minute, this is just a stress test weekend isn't it? i thought it was the start of the 3 day early access derrrrrrrp

Stress test hour. Game launches in about two days.

Varna

They just messed up bad when it comes to high end hardware didn't they? Game can't even keep a steady 60 FPS on a damn 690GTX. SLI seems to be in pretty heavy use too. Both cards at 70%+ usage and fans are kicking hard to keep them cool (80c on both).

What the hell... I really hope they keep at it. Maybe a nvidia release will help.

This is the prologue too. Not even that many people area. Just NPCs and a boss.

_woLf

They just messed up bad when it comes to high end hardware didn't they? Game can't even keep a steady 60 FPS on a damn 690GTX. SLI seems to be in pretty heavy use too. Both cards at 70%+ usage and fans are kicking hard to keep them cool (80c on both).

What the hell... I really hope they keep at it. Maybe a nvidia release will help.

This is the prologue too. Not even that many people area. Just NPCs and a boss.

Nvidia will release better drivers for it next week, probably.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I'm not keeping a steady 60 or anything but it runs really well on my SLI GTX 260s. I don't know, I guess expectation factors into it. I haven't tweaked the graphics settings for extra frames yet.

Varna

It's just disheartening to still see this. I have a fantastic machine and although this game is gorgeous it obviously has nothing to do with technical prowess.

This build seem glitchy in general to me though. The race select screen is running at 10 FPS for me. That's not normal right?

etiolate

Banned
I doubt I'll finish this download in one hour. Maybe it's just a troll to have their download servers and login servers rushed at once.

Vano

It's just disheartening to still see this. I have a fantastic machine and although this game is gorgeous it obviously has nothing to do with technical prowess.

This build seem glitchy in general to me though. The race select screen is running at 10 FPS for me. That's not normal right?

For you nope, should be 60fps.

The map now have Lvls.

I have an OK machine and I'm getting 60FPS. /THEREISNOJUSTICEINTHEWORLD

spk

Any general peformance boost? I don't think I'll make it since I never downloaded the patch from yesterday.

Is my 4.5ghz 2500k + 570 supposed to be dropping to low 30s in charr spawn with everything on "high" minus supersampling because that has been my performance since the very first test

Einbroch

Banned
Is my 4.5ghz 2500k + 570 supposed to be dropping to low 30s in charr spawn with everything on "high" minus supersampling because that has been my performance since the very first test

See, there has to be something else. Drivers, hard drive space, operations running, something. I have the exact same setup and never dip below 40, and even then it's only for a second then it kicks back up to 55+.

etiolate

Banned
I think it's a combo of drivers and possibly that if this is an extension of the GW1 engine then it probably runs better on amd/ati.

Alex

Can someone explain to me how the headstart stuff works. Pre-ordering and pre-purchasing or whatever.

I already got mine on order from GMG, but a friend is coming in kinda close and doesnt really know what all this shit is and to be honest neither do I.

Piecake

Can someone explain to me how the headstart stuff works. Pre-ordering and pre-purchasing or whatever.

I already got mine on order from GMG, but a friend is coming in kinda close and doesnt really know what all this shit is and to be honest neither do I.

pre-order is a 1 day headstart

pre-purchase is a 3 day headstart

no idea when is the final deadline to do all of that

love the optimization, running a gtx 580 oc'd on max settings, got 81 fps @ 88 degress, no lag :)

edit: the 81 fps number I got from the options menu so it maybe off. I was also queuing in heart of the mists, I'm guessing it dipped some when I fought. Still worlds better than the last bwe I was in (#2)

njean777

So I have played WOW but never Guild Wars, I am really interested in this game but would like to know if it is like WOW at all other then the no subscription fee? Is there raids and instances that you can do with people?

Varna

love the optimization, running a gtx 580 oc'd on max settings, got 81 fps @ 88 degress, no lag :)

I hate you. :(

Some of the glitches I've experience are related to SLI. Turn off one of my cards and the game was running without texture glitches and low FPS in the character creation menus. In-game (this is max, 1080p with supersampling) I was running 38-60 during the human prologue. Once I enabled the second card the texture glitches were back and so was low fps in the character creation menus. In game was 50-60 FPS.

Also getting massive stuttering when panning the camera... I'm on an SSD too.

i5-2500k @4.6GHZ, 690GTX.

Ferrio

Banned
So I have played WOW but never Guild Wars, I am really interested in this game but would like to know if it is like WOW at all other then the no subscription fee? Is there raids and instances that you can do with people?

If your concern are WoW type raids, no it won't have stuff like that. There's dungeons and such, but nothing that'll be like the likes of WoW. The game is more about exploration, PvP and less about large scale organized PvE raids.

Pat

Performance is a mess at max settings for me... :/ I remember it being great in all BWs though.

I have an i7 and a GTX580m... The game keeps telling me I have to upgrade my drivers but nVidia says I have the last one for my GPU.

spk

See, there has to be something else. Drivers, hard drive space, operations running, something. I have the exact same setup and never dip below 40, and even then it's only for a second then it kicks back up to 55+.

Yeah it's not for a second it's a sustained low 30s at times. My average FPS is much higher, but still not 60. Is it reasonable to expect an average of 60fps under normal conditions not counting PVP or really crowded areas?

Teknoman

I'm getting like 25-26 fps most of the time with everything set as high as possible, no Vsync, 1440X900, but Radeon HD 4870 2GB. I'd like to think I should be getting at least near 60 (especially since I get pretty good performance on Sleeping Dogs and Max Payne 3...and even FFXIV :p )

I know i'm a few generations behind now, but I think I can get abit more out of the card.

Moaradin

Damn, tell me your secrets. My performance was pretty iffy today actually. I'm using a 680 as well. I'm probably going to do a fresh install of the game before release.

njean777

If your concern are WoW type raids, no it won't have stuff like that. There's dungeons and such, but nothing that'll be like the likes of WoW. The game is more about exploration, PvP and less about large scale organized PvE raids.

Can you play with friends? like explore dungeons together? I don't want WOW raids cuz I don't care to spend 5 hours in one raid (one of the many reason I quit WOW 3 years ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom