• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1SSY

Wow, that was fun as fuuuuck.

Quick question though, anyone know how to change the f keys on a mac keyboard? I was able to use some of the spells as a mesmer with f1/f2, but each time I pressed them, I was changing my brightness on my monitor.

Search for "boot camp" under start. Then in that under keyboard you should be able to set what the f keys do.

etiolate

Banned
To celebrate that I actually made it into the wtfstress test...

ibjQPJHmqn6cny.png

Proven

Lack of Mumble overlays is getting on my nerves. I realize now I was constantly mixing up Billiechu's voice with someone else, and as always I was mixing someone else's voice with Retro's.

Vinci

Danish
Lack of Mumble overlays is getting on my nerves. I realize now I was constantly mixing up Billiechu's voice with someone else, and as always I was mixing someone else's voice with Retro's.

Retro sounds like Batman. How could you mix that up? ;)

ChuckNyce

DUDE. Same.

Was showing my friend that event. But before that, I blew his mind with the fucking carrier pigeons.

Yeah, think I was taking her down with you, I recognized your toon's name, I was "Charred" ("Charizard" was taken) :-(.

And I don't know about these carrier pigeons that you speak of but I'm sure if it's related to GW2 it is indeed mind blowingly awesome.

Vinci

Danish
Yeah, think I was taking her down with you, I recognized your toon's name, I was "Charred" ("Charizard" was taken) :-(.

And I don't know about these carrier pigeons that you speak of but I'm sure if it's related to GW2 it is indeed mind blowingly awesome.

When you send or receive mail, pigeons actually carry it to and from you.

its all going to be a mystery to me come saturday morning. I have no idea what the rest of you bums sound like

No headset, wooo!

I can probably recognize Retro, Jira, Ashodin, Wallach, itainteasy, and Billiechu without an overlay.

vaelic

Banned
Many of you are very psyched and hyping this game, but in all honesty is it really that good? I'm a big fan of dark age of Camelot rvr and I hope wvwvw is just as fun

Vinci

Danish
Many of you are very psyched and hyping this game, but in all honesty is it really that good? I'm a big fan of dark age of Camelot rvr and I hope wvwvw is just as fun

WvW was designed by the same guy that made DAOC's RvR.

EDIT: So yes, it's fucking good.

Jack_AG

Banned
Search for "boot camp" under start. Then in that under keyboard you should be able to set what the f keys do.
He could also go to his system settings and have function keys enabled as default. Then he has to use the functon key modifier for brightness, volume, etc - which should be fine considering how often you ever really use those keys.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls

Realistically you should be bypassing the cult of GW2 fanatics and trying to find a way to play the game yourself. If the only available option is to avoid purchasing it, then all one can do is to wait for a multitude of opinions from places and people you trust.

I haven't touched the WvW section of the game outside of a sporadic 5mins here or there, but it seems to be everything that we've always wanted regarding epic PVP with hundreds of people. There are thousands of players out there who have bought this game and will touch nothing but the WvW mode. I would say that if you enjoyed the old RvR in DAoC then you might fit in right at home with GW2's WvW. But don't blame me if you buy it on my word exclusively and find out it's not to your liking. Gather as many opinions as possible if you're still on the fence.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Saw some serious performance increase from yesterday. Very impressive, Anet! I'm hoping to see even more.

Emitan

Saw some serious performance increase from yesterday. Very impressive, Anet! I'm hoping to see even more.

Yeah, their patches plus the beta drivers from nVidia is giving me a pretty good boost! Lion's Arch is ~10 FPS faster and WvWvW runs maybe 10-20 FPS faster if I'd have to guess.

Paertan

Will not pick this up day 1. Never doing that for any MMO ever again. But when the times comes, and it will, I'm thinking about doing a Asura Engineer.
I mean MMO with no monthly fee that looks this great. Might as well pick I. Even if I don't love it I can install it occasionally when the MMO urge comes crawling.

Vinci

Danish
Realistically you should be bypassing the cult of GW2 fanatics and trying to find a way to play the game yourself. If the only available option is to avoid purchasing it, then all one can do is to wait for a multitude of opinions from places and people you trust.

I haven't touched the WvW section of the game outside of a sporadic 5mins here or there, but it seems to be everything that we've always wanted regarding epic PVP with hundreds of people. There are thousands of players out there who have bought this game and will touch nothing but the WvW mode. I would say that if you enjoyed the old RvR in DAoC then you might fit in right at home with GW2's WvW. But don't blame me if you buy it on my word exclusively and find out it's not to your liking. Gather as many opinions as possible if you're still on the fence.

Oddly enough, your non-fanatic opinion sounds a lot like my fanatic one. Perhaps we're not all so unreasonable? Hell, I've suggested some people not buy the game because it didn't sound like something they could get into. But then, it didn't sound like they'd ever like a MMO.

Vinci

Danish
One in Lion's Arch?

This is what I'm thinking. I'd be shocked if really low-level toons could reach Ebonhawke, even if they ran for it. I mean, it's possible, but this seems like the most plausible conclusion. Besides, they took a gate from Lion's Arch to Ebonhawke in Ghosts of Ascalon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is what I'm thinking. I'd be shocked if really low-level toons could reach Ebonhawke, even if they ran for it. I mean, it's possible, but this seems like the most plausible conclusion. Besides, they took a gate from Lion's Arch to Ebonhawke in Ghosts of Ascalon.
I thought the Ebonhawke asura gate was broken or something.

Where were you running around, man? I saw you during the stress test before this one during a dynamic event in Norn territory.

We had about 5 people running around in SPvP just trying new builds and such. Had a good time and checked out a few new builds and such.

Proven

I thought the Ebonhawke asura gate was broken or something.

Nope. They were able to get there just fine, it just took some underhanded methods. GW2 the game takes place years after Ghosts of Ascalon (which in itself took place before Edge of Destiny too) so the portal should be operating by now, unless something else happened.

Edit: Time to fall asleep and force time to skip forward a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom