• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

I'm getting between 30-45, But it drops as low as 15 when entering new crowded areas. I don't have the beta drivers, so I hope that helps some, but still. Dropping everything will get me to 60, so at least that's new. It used to be pretty much the same thing whatever I chose.

So I have played WOW but never Guild Wars, I am really interested in this game but would like to know if it is like WOW at all other then the no subscription fee? Is there raids and instances that you can do with people?

Some of the higher level content scaled to accommodate upwards of 100 people, look at the Shatterer fight if you want to see what this type of combat is like.

Also there are 5 person dungeons throughout the leveling span.

Panda Rin

5770 Radeon. Getting 45-60 FPS, dips as low as 35 in crowded battles. I hope it gets a bit better after the game launches or with better drivers.

I hate you. :(

Some of the glitches I've experience are related to SLI. Turn off one of my cards and the game was running without texture glitches and low FPS in the character creation menus. In-game (this is max, 1080p with supersampling) I was running 38-60 during the human prologue. Once I enabled the second card the texture glitches were back and so was low fps in the character creation menus. In game was 50-60 FPS.

Also getting massive stuttering when panning the camera... I'm on an SSD too.

i5-2500k @4.6GHZ, 690GTX.

Are you running 305.67 beta drivers? Also make sure you in nVidia Control Panel you have the power management setting set to maximum performance.

go to Manage 3D settings>Program settings>Guildwars 2>Power Management Mode> Prefer Maximum Performance

But yea I wouldn't be surprised if SLI performance is currently not up to par, there's suppose to be new nVidia drivers coming out within the next week or so, hopefully you'll be able to get some better performance

Piecake

Can you play with friends? like explore dungeons together? I don't want WOW raids cuz I don't care to spend 5 hours in one raid (one of the many reason I quit WOW 3 years ago).

There are 5 man dungeons. The trinity is dead so you and 4 buds can go in there with any class combination you want, and as long as you are good, you should succeed

Playing with friends is super easy since you can guest on any server and you down level to the content while still getting exp and rewards. so if youre a level 20 and your friend is a level 5, you can still play with him in the level 5 area and get loot and exp

5770 Radeon. Getting 45-60 FPS, dips as low as 35 in crowded battles. I hope it gets a bit better after the game launches or with better drivers.

What res are you playing at? I've got a 5770 too with an AMD quad core 2.8 ghz. I wanna be able to play at 1080p with most settings high and get 30 fps. Possible?

Panda Rin

What res are you playing at? I've got a 5770 too with an AMD quad core 2.8 ghz. I wanna be able to play at 1080p with most settings high and get 30 fps. Possible?

Totally. I'm running @ 1080p with an i7-3.1 ghz. I had to turn shadows and shaders down to medium, but everything else was at max or checked.

Varna

Are you running 305.67 beta drivers? Also make sure you in nVidia Control Panel you have the power management setting set to maximum performance.

go to Manage 3D settings>Program settings>Guildwars 2>Power Management Mode> Prefer Maximum Performance

But yea I wouldn't be surprised if SLI performance is currently not up to par, there's suppose to be new nVidia drivers coming out within the next week or so so hopefully you'll be able to get some better performance

Yes on all of those. Didn't even matter if SLI performance isn't up there yet, a single 680gtx should pretty dominate this game in everything but the most extreme situation.

680 SLI and I couldn't even maintain a steady 60.

Need some new drivers, stat.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Emitan

Oh look. Apparently I'm guild leader...
gw010fhck3.jpg

~_^

Mothman91

Wow, that was fun as fuuuuck.

Quick question though, anyone know how to change the f keys on a mac keyboard? I was able to use some of the spells as a mesmer with f1/f2, but each time I pressed them, I was changing my brightness on my monitor.

That was seriously crack, we just got off our high and now need more, 2 more days fuck.

Oh and it ran a lot better to, happy to see them continuing to make improvements.

Lulubop

Performance with my 680 was about 30-60, with an average around 40 at 1080p and everything maxed, ffxa off.

I was using the last official Nvida drivers, I just d/l the beta driver anet recommends but I didn't get back in time.

Seventh

About performance: I saw a ~10 fps increase just from changing the Reflections setting down to "Terrain & Sky" instead of "All". I was running the game at 1080p and using an overclocked 5850 and a x4 955 processor.

etiolate

Banned

I have a 5770 and a Phenom II 1090T Six-Core. I get 30fps at the lowest with mostly High settings at 1080. Most of the time, I see 50-60fps. It goes into the 30s in cities and crowded areas. I get 60fps easy in sPVP.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
What is point of such a short stress test? and during late night too for the U.S.

To test how the latest build went with a few thousand people jumping on to create new characters. It's no coincidence that the time slot is the same time when the game launches for headstart.

PewPewK

Just realized you can CTRL + V your character name in, which makes getting that special name a little bit easier.

Character name I plan is only 4 characters, but I guess that could mean the difference between scoring it and not scoring it when the game goes live... that and likely whether or not the servers buckle under the weight of everyone trying to get on.

Trey

About performance: I saw a ~10 fps increase just from changing the Reflections setting down to "Terrain & Sky" instead of "All". I was running the game at 1080p and using an overclocked 5850 and a x4 955 processor.

Did you have V-sync off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom