• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
No, they said it's possible, which means everyone in 24 hours is going to be manic about trying to get in.

That really is the worst thing ever. Sitting there and clicking "Login" for 3 hours. Was planning to sleep right after work and setting my alarm to go off at 3AM EST. Not sure if securing a character name is worth staying up as a zombie and clicking a button nonstop for hours.

That really is the worst thing ever. Sitting there and clicking "Login" for 3 hours. Was planning to sleep right after work and setting my alarm to go off at 3AM EST. Not sure if securing a character name is worth staying up as a zombie and clicking a button nonstop for hours.
I agree, which is why I'll be on mumble, so the people who are already clicking will announce when they get in ;P

Well we'll probably tell you like 5 minutes later than it actually begins to ensure we get all the good names first ;)
I doubt anyone on GAF is going for the names I'm shooting for, seriously. You know damn well you won't be able to contain your excitement, just admit it!

tenz0r

Is the 3 day headstart key different from the beta cd keys? I got a free key from NVIDIA for the July 20-22 beta event, so I still have the Guild Wars 2 client installed, does this mean I can participate in the 3 day early access event? Then on Tuesday just go buy the retail or digital version for the game cd key to continue playing?

Trey

Is the 3 day headstart key different from the beta cd keys? I got a free key from NVIDIA for the July 20-22 beta event, so I still have the Guild Wars 2 client installed, does this mean I can participate in the 3 day early access event? Then on Tuesday just go buy the retail or digital version for the game cd key to continue playing?

Did you prepurchase in order to get that key? If not, then you won't be able to get into the headstart.

tenz0r

Did you prepurchase in order to get that key? If not, then you won't be able to get into the headstart.

Nope, I just got it from NVIDIA's website. They were giving out beta keys for that weekend event. I just wondered since I have access to the actual Guild Wars Game Client. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know if Amazon is still giving out the early head starts, I know their page for Guild Wars 2 still lists you getting the early access if you pre-order, but the actual game is now available in stock now to buy, so I don't know if they will still have the early access codes since it's technically "in stock to buy", and not up for a pre-order anymore.

For those of you who have played in the beta and stress test weekends which class/race do you think is the most fun to play and has the most action and best combat?

gillty

Banned
Nope, I just got it from NVIDIA's website. They were giving out beta keys for that weekend event. I just wondered since I have access to the actual Guild Wars Game Client. Thanks for the info.

Anyone know if Amazon is still giving out the early head starts, I know their page for Guild Wars 2 still lists you getting the early access if you pre-order, but the actual game is now available in stock now to buy, so I don't know if they will still have the early access codes since it's technically "in stock to buy", and not up for a pre-order anymore.
I can confirm 100% no for the boxed copies, possibly with the digital release.

You can get the game from Green Man Gaming for $48 USD with code: DERHE-RRDER-RINGE.

I bought a headstart code from eBay through this vendor as recommended by a few Gaffers pages back.

Everyone who missed out on 3 day head start - grab it for $1.99 here

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27103652...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3895wt_952

purchased this a few days back, very fast service. Missed out on head start due to GMG purchase after 8th August.

Wallach

For those of you who have played in the beta and stress test weekends which class do you think is the most fun to play and has the most action and best combat?

Engineer would probably be my pick. I'm not terribly interested in Elementalist but they seem to have a similar style of CD/hotkey juggling that would be satisfying once you know how to organize it in your head and get into the flow of combat. Thief seems really cool, though in more of a mobility sense where you get to do things in simple spatial terms that no other class gets to think about.

For those of you who have played in the beta and stress test weekends which class/race do you think is the most fun to play and has the most action and best combat?

Elementalist is probably my favorite class. The sheer number of weapon skills you have access to means an incredible versatility. Meanwhile, switching between attunements means no waiting for cooldowns on good skills. In combat, a good elementalist is switching between attunements rapidly and spraying out spells as fast as he can cast them.

etiolate

Banned
I agree with Wallach. The Engineer is the most fun to play. There is something really satisfying about whipping out a Flamethrower and dusting a group of mobs with flames, and then blowing the snot out of them with The Big One bomb.

Oh wait, here comes the boss to eat your face off. Use a shield bubble to knock them back, then throw your shield at them to daze and disable their attacks. Then drink an elixir to shrink yourself and run away.

The Engineer is a bit crazy, but the crazy is the fun.

Vinci

Danish
Engineer would probably be my pick. I'm not terribly interested in Elementalist but they seem to have a similar style of CD/hotkey juggling that would be satisfying once you know how to organize it in your head and get into the flow of combat. Thief seems really cool, though in more of a mobility sense where you get to do things in simple spatial terms that no other class gets to think about.

Warrior would also be a good choice. Not a complicated profession to play, in all honesty, but it's fun and the combat is brutal.

Proven

I've been falling in love with the Warrior. Seems simple on paper. But he has a thousand uses. Running on adrenaline is another way of saying he runs on momentum. Weapon swap, slash, bleed, cripple, burst, swap, pierce, root, stun, burn, burst, swap, cut, crit, burst, kill.

Piecake

Most action would probably be warrior and it is a lot of fun. Very in your face class

Bad ass combos - Norn and Charr

Funny but awesome combos - Asura

Personally, I think Engineer is the most fun since you got a shit ton of weird abilities to play around with

Proven

Oh god Thief. He darts in, he kicks out your legs and bashes you over the head before unloading you. You start to fight back, but no attack hits. He just sidesteps your thrusts. He flips over your swings. He's standing right in front of your face and yet you can't touch him once. Then, he's suddenly twenty feet away. From afar he still pummels you. Bleeds you. Cripples you. Poisons you. And finally he disappears one final time. Just as you think it's safe to use your heal skill, you suddenly find yourself stuck, your skin turning pale, and a knife in your back.

Orcastar

So I figured I'd take the plunge and prepurchase the game now, but apparently prepurchases are no longer available for Europe. That's just great.

KingKong

So guardian is kind of like warrior with buffs/healing right?

Im thinking Thief for first character though, the movement options are crazy

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am going to do the oh so exciting Human Engineer. Yep, pushing the Envelope.

So, which server are we actually playing on?

Rizific

are the hard copies of this supposed to already be in stores? i know it doesnt matter since you cant play until saturday anyway, but i just saw a bunch at my local target.

Piecake

So guardian is kind of like warrior with buffs/healing right?

Im thinking Thief for first character though, the movement options are crazy

Warriors have shouts and banners that buff. Every class can buff, heal, do damage, etc

What makes them different is the mechanics and weapon sets

Youll be hard pressed to find a profession you like by simply looking at its abilities. You really got to play it and see if you like the mechanics, weapon sets, etc

Oh, what are the recommended drivers for the GTX 460?

Here is a handy guide to decide:

VKzLp.png

zulfate

i have said this before but i always describe the combat to people like its a fighting game were everyone does damage but have different style of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom