• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewPewK

Has anyone heard any news about the 4 disk signed soundtrack? GF ordered hers just about 6 weeks ago and there seems to be no updated about it although it said it would ship in 4 to 6 weeks.

Yes, I contacted DirectSong and this was their response:

I completely understand your concern, Due to manufacture delays we kindly ask that you allow 4-6 weeks from date of purchase to receive your order. Once shipped you will be sent a confirmation Tracing#. You can track your order at www.usps.com. SOundtracks should be shipped within the next week.

We are expecting soundtracks from the manufacture sometime this week or beginning of next.

Also, just confirming, but for the first few days we'll be able to transfer worlds for free, correct?

Fou-Lu

Good to know I can be a Sylvari anything without issues! Is Ranger your typical bow wielder? Or the D&D dual wielding type? Or something different?

Good to know I can be a Sylvari anything without issues! Is Ranger your typical bow wielder? Or the D&D dual wielding type? Or something different?

They're good both at range and melee. Bows, dual wielding melee, and greatswords. They tend to be really agile and leap around like fleas. They're mainly built around having a pet.

foladar

Do you just use the best salvage kit you can afford, or should you use the lower kits for the "white" salvage items, and the better kits for actual equipment to salvage?

PewPewK

Thanks for the info. Would have been nice of them to send out something to people who ordered it. Maybe there was an extremely high demand, and Soule is locked away in a room somewhere being forced to sign them all.

I agree, but hey, what can you do about it? I do hope they ship tomorrow or Monday though, otherwise I'm gonna have a problem with it being sent to the wrong address (I have to head back to University next Friday).

Do you just use the best salvage kit you can afford, or should you use the lower kits for the "white" salvage items, and the better kits for actual equipment to salvage?
Generally, the better the salvage kit, the better chance you have of getting an item upgrade or high-end material out of what you're salvaging. So basic salvage kits for crappy stuff or if you just need basic components (and you will, if you're crafting anything). Then use the good kits for getting higher-end stuff out.

Piecake

Warriors can also use longbows and rifles in case you dont like pets.

Engineers also rock dual pistols and rifle if you want a bunch of other crazy crap to play with

foladar

Generally, the better the salvage kit, the better chance you have of getting an item upgrade or high-end material out of what you're salvaging. So basic salvage kits for crappy stuff or if you just need basic components (and you will, if you're crafting anything). Then use the good kits for getting higher-end stuff out.

Does the actual item's stats matter with the chance of getting an item upgrade or high-end material? Such as an actual equipable item would have a higher chance of generating something good vs. a white salvage item?

Jira

Does the actual item's stats matter with the chance of getting an item upgrade or high-end material? Such as an actual equipable item would have a higher chance of generating something good vs. a white salvage item?

It's very likely based on item rarity versus salvage kit type.

Stats on weapons and armor come from "upgrade components". Runes, insignias, etc. When you use a higher-end salvage kit, you have better chance of removing said upgrade component. When removed, it will not generate a random number, it'll be exactly the same as when it was part of the armor or weapon.

The improved salvage kits simply have a better chance of you getting a component out when you try to salvage. Check the wiki for the numbers.

Ferrio

Banned

All classes has options to ranged and melee weapons, and (ideally) should be completely viable.

Fou-Lu

I like having pets, so if Ranger can mix it up in both ranged and melee, then he seems like the class for me. Although dual wielding pistols with an Engineer is intriguing.

Does the Ranger get a choice of pets? And if so do different pets have different skills?

zulfate

Probably gonna do some computer maintenance tomorrow first thing. I already bought my headset, so all that is left is getting a solid dinner and waiting until the wee hours of the morning for the game to go live. Will probably have some water on hand.

oh yes good one!

I'm just going to try to nap until 11:30pm EST tomorrow. Then I will attempt to log in every 3 minutes until 12am. At that point I will attempt to log in every 1 minute until I get in (while refreshing multiple GW2 message boards for updates). I'll play until about 8am when I will go to sleep. I will wake up at 3pm and play until 1am. Then I will sleep until 12pm, and play until 12am.

That should put me at about 30 hours of play in a 48 hour window. I will take short breaks to eat, stretch, and go for a run or two.

haha you are set thats for sure, yes exercise i will be doing 30 minutes of bike riding everyday this weekend lol.

Habanero BBQ almonds, 2 pounds.
Bottle of Jack and a 24 pack of cherry Pepsi.
Pitcher of water chilling in the fridge.
Half pound of salami from a local deli.

Thinking of grabbing some dried fruit.

I'm set. But good call on the computer maintenence.

jeez you want to get wasted get high instead!, hmm dried fruit sounds good!

Ferrio

Banned
I like having pets, so if Ranger can mix it up in both ranged and melee, then he seems like the class for me. Although dual wielding pistols with an Engineer is intriguing.

Does the Ranger get a choice of pets? And if so do different pets have different skills?

Huge range of pets, and yes they all have different skills. You can only actively use one skill though from them.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay, that sounds amazing. Almost 100% Ranger now.

Brave man, I hate pet classes with a passion.

Have they fixed pets? I remember they were HUGELY underpowered in BWE1/2.

They're a ton more responsive, not perfect but it's a vast difference than BWE2. They did nerf some of ranger's stuff across the board to make up for pets actually doing damage now though.

Absinthe

227839420.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For the moment, looks like Amazon and ArenaNet both still give you headstart access (beginning in roughly 26-28 hours and lasting through the weekend) with a prepurchase.

Jira

44 different pets in 12 categories.

They're squishy, but very helpful and improve greatly with leveling.

If there's 20 mobs around AoEing then yeah the pet is squishy, though it's very easy to micro now with the run back to me button which is essentially a pet dodge.

If conditions such as bleeding are calculated by a formula such as 2.5 + 0.5 * Level + 0.05 * Condition Damage per stack per second then why do skills that bleed have a description of the damage the bleeding does?

For example:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crippling_Talon

Bleeding: 8 s (1020 damage)

Why is there a default number in parenthesis? What does that default number mean?

Rarutos

Speak up next time. Whether you're a member of the guild or not, we're happy to hang out with other folks.

Haha, will do. I'll be happy to join the Guild and rep it as one of my characters for sure! I've never really had a big community to play this kind of game with so I'm a bit nervous but excited at the same time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom