• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
Here is a handy guide to decide:

http://i.imgur.com/VKzLp.png

Hopefully they can get them to this level by next week:

khCrC.gif

etiolate

Banned
Ele has a lot of escapes, too.

I think Mesmer might be the king of escapes though. Torch OH, decoy, blink, portal, two other invisibilities, just moa bird them, phase retreat, or just pop clones and run.

etiolate

Banned
Whenever I fight an Ele and they fail at getting the drop on me or I'm able to get ahead in Hit Points, they just run off and wait for their CDs to be back up.

etiolate

Banned
Just as a warning to those interested in Mesmer: It's still the least polished class.

They've mode some needed changes, but there's still a lot more to do. Clones are mostly useless in PVE. The "die on target death" deal sucks when you're blowing through mobs in seconds. Since the clones no longer do any damage, using them in PVE can actually accomplish nothing.

I also expect that Mantras will get changed some time before the end of the year.

Arksy

Just as a warning to those interested in Mesmer: It's still the least polished class.

They've mode some needed changes, but there's still a lot more to do. Clones are mostly useless in PVE. The "die on target death" deal sucks when you're blowing through mobs in seconds. Since the clones no longer do any damage, using them in PVE can actually accomplish nothing.

I also expect that Mantras will get changed some time before the end of the year.

Clones now do zero damage? What? With all the problems they have? They got nerfed? -_-

I second your sentiments closely. Mesmers are pretty boss in PVP but PVE with a few people around you or even solo really makes the class mechanic redundant.

Emitan

Still can't choose between Guardian or Warrior. Does the GAF guild have any particular lacking of either class?

I love your avatar. And I prefer the Guardian because it's a little more unique than the Warrior but both are very fun classes to play. Warrior is probably little more "visceral"

etiolate

Banned
Clones now do zero damage? What? With all the problems they have? They got nerfed? -_-

I second your sentiments closely. Mesmers are pretty boss in PVP but PVE with a few people around you or even solo really makes the class mechanic redundant.

Well, in sPVP, with using the Illusions do 15% More Damage trait, clones hit for like 6 damage. =P While leveling, and without traits, they do zero damage. Staff clones apply winds of chaos conditions though, making them like 100x better than any other clone. The Greatsword clone, with three traits and a lot of crit, can stack bleeding. Generally though, clones suck.

-Opaque-

Exactly the same thing for me.

I also have this problem but with the addition of ranger, engineer and at times warrior and ele. Thief I think is in the lead though, I really enjoy them in sPvP, but I plan on doing plenty of PvE and WvW too (which with the clone change after BWE1 makes mesmer drop down a notch).
I'll likely spend the first couple of days fooling around with classes (even though that's what I've done for all the BWEs and stress tests). They really seem to have done a good job of making every class interesting & unique, which makes deciding rather tough for me.

Which means I'll likely end up doing this.....
You gotta make a character for every class!

Which will cause this....
Haha I wish, I probably would go insane. :(

Piecake

Still can't choose between Guardian or Warrior. Does the GAF guild have any particular lacking of either class?

It really doesnt matter for this game. 5 warriors could do a dungeon run no prob. Hell, 5 warriors could probably do a exploration run if they were all specced properly

If you cant decide, play both. Problem solved!

As for mantras, yea, they really need to change that up. It is just too damn boring of a skill. And they should at least have phantasms stay alive after the targets been killed.

I have this (probably very wrong) assumption that the Ranger is a terrible class in any game ever, because, that's the way it was in World of Warcraft, Oblivion, Amalur, and every RPG I've played pretty much.

Is it fun in Guild Wars 2? I don't want to get bored, so I think I may jump on the Warrior/Engineer/Thief/Elementalist bandwagon and go with one of them.

I love your avatar. And I prefer the Guardian because it's a little more unique than the Warrior but both are very fun classes to play. Warrior is probably little more "visceral"

Thank you, a kind individual made it in the P4A thread. Guardian was a little too reactive, so I am leaning more to Warrior.

PewPewK

I have this (probably very wrong) assumption that the Ranger is a terrible class in any game ever, because, that's the way it was in World of Warcraft, Oblivion, Amalur, and every RPG I've played pretty much.

Is it fun in Guild Wars 2? I don't want to get bored, so I think I may jump on the Warrior/Engineer/Thief/Elementalist bandwagon and go with one of them.

I haven't played one, but the people I talked to didn't like it because pet AI was retarded. Not sure if that's better yet.

Piecake

I think its fun. You got a lot of mobility and some nice tricks like traps and what not. youre also not limited to just being a ranged nuker. I agree that shooting a bow from range gets boring pretty quick, but GW2 ranger spices things up because you can go all melee if you want, and traps, kiting, and other moves are pretty essential if you want to play from range. You cant just simply have your pet tank the mob while you sit there hitting it

inky

The first class I ever played was Ranger. I found it OK most of the times, but nothing outstanding, and even disappointing. It didn't fit my play style more than anything, and while it has a good mix of weapons and abilities (great sword is really cool) ultimately I felt like it lives or dies by its pets, and this is an area in which every game struggles.

For me they were more than useless. A distraction in PvE that you have to be reviving constantly, absolutely useless in WvW and a non-factor in sPvP. I understand they've been tweaked during the course of the BWEs, so maybe they are more viable now? But still, more often than not you will be at their mercy. Collecting, naming and having them learn new abilities is pretty damn cool though, and if you don't mind them getting stuck or being derpy once in a while, it might be one of the coolest professions just for that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom