• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

Danish
Haha, will do. I'll be happy to join the Guild and rep it as one of my characters for sure! I've never really had a big community to play this kind of game with so I'm a bit nervous but excited at the same time. :)

When you decide you would like to join, head on over to here and sign up. Happy to have you.

Habanero BBQ almonds, 2 pounds.
Bottle of Jack and a 24 pack of cherry Pepsi.
Pitcher of water chilling in the fridge.
Half pound of salami from a local deli.

Thinking of grabbing some dried fruit.

I'm set. But good call on the computer maintenence.

You had me at bottle of Jack. I might have to get something myself. I'm thinking Greyhound or Whiskey Ginger.

PewPewK

Server transfers will be free for the first few days post launch, correct? (I believe until they have the guesting system up, correct?)

Vinci

Danish
I already got an account there actually. ;)

I... Just wasn't sure where to make a first post!

Well, if you want to join, start here and then feel free to put forward an introduction in the Off-Topic Discussion section. At any rate, feel free to speak to us. We're good people.

For the moment, looks like Amazon and ArenaNet both still give you headstart access (beginning in roughly 26-28 hours and lasting through the weekend) with a prepurchase.

Amazing how we can counts hours now. Not days or weeks.

s845u.gif

ZeroEdge

Habanero BBQ almonds, 2 pounds.
Bottle of Jack and a 24 pack of cherry Pepsi.
Pitcher of water chilling in the fridge.
Half pound of salami from a local deli.

Thinking of grabbing some dried fruit.

I'm set. But good call on the computer maintenence.

I went out today to get cherry Pepsi tonight but they were sold out dammit ! Store clerk was like but regular Pepsi is $3 dollars off...I was like do not try to peddle your swill on me sir then a bitch slapped him and left sad :(

Oh well GW2 soon yay :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
or years.
I've never looked at Guild Wars 1 in the same way since March, 2007. Over 5 damn years. I couldn't believe they were already planning a full sequel. I never really took my characters in GW as seriously after the announcement.

This time tomorrow night we'll all be part of the reason why.

Vinci

Danish
How do we get added to the guild roster? I looked and my name is not there (google doc) but I am in the guild sign up thread.

What the officers have said is that they're trying to catch up with the updates. They'll get everyone, but it's not a bad idea to PM one of them on the GAFGuild site if your name is missing and you're getting nervous about it tomorrow afternoon or something.

Rorschach

I can't get access because it says I already have an account, so I reset the password, but it tells me it's still invalid. Did it like 5 times already. No matter what I set the pw too, it's invalid. It accepts the change, but when I go to log in, it's invalid.

khefka

Neo Member
Anyone have a Deldrimor Shield (strength) they would sell me in GW? Probably the unique one as the green one is worth a lot more I think. Beat Prophecies last night and had a hell of a time deciding between the axe or shield, decided I must have both.

This is a special occasion, so I'll be going for a little more pricey. Got Bottle of Grey Goose and appropriate fixins.

Grey Goose is nice, so smooth you'll end up in a cell in the morning where they took your shoe laces and the drunk next to you wants to steal your shirt for a pillow.

I'll probably get Pendleton and mix it with some ginger ale. Can't get too krunk or I'll forget what I was doing lol!

Einbroch

Banned
jeez you want to get wasted get high instead!, hmm dried fruit sounds good!

I prefer getting buzzed to getting high. Actually, they feel kinda the same to me, and alcohol is easier to get!
You had me at bottle of Jack. I might have to get something myself. I'm thinking Greyhound or Whiskey Ginger.
Whiskey Ginger gets my vote.

I went out today to get cherry Pepsi tonight but they were sold out dammit ! Store clerk was like but regular Pepsi is $3 dollars off...I was like do not try to peddle your swill on me sir then a bitch slapped him and left sad :(

Oh well GW2 soon yay :)
He deserved more than a slap. Pepsi is trash, you need the sweet, sweet taste of cherry to make it delicious. WAIT. You should have bought the Pepsi then added some grenadine!

I should have done that... :(

Ferny

I can't get access because it says I already have an account, so I reset the password, but it tells me it's still invalid. Did it like 5 times already. No matter what I set the pw too, it's invalid. It accepts the change, but when I go to log in, it's invalid.

Do the site itself?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anyone check out this great graphic comparing the GW2 economy to real life analogues?

EDIT: Oops, posted on the last page! Still worth checking out for those that missed it before!

boosh5

Banned
Getting nervous about the head start. I ordered a physical copy from Amazon and it said while checking out that this qualified for the head start promo. I contacted Amazon yesterday to make sure and their customer service rep said that I will get a code in my email. Tomorrow is the last day and so far, no email.

Anyone else order a physical copy from Amazon and received their code yet?

etiolate

Banned

"Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
Re: http://GuildWars2.com site login issues: we're conducting some maintenance right now, which impacts logins. Thanks for your patience! ^RB"

Also RORS, add me in game if you wanna roll: etiolate.1946

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

chualie

I'm thinking about getting this game. I haven't played a MMO since pre-cata WoW and now I'm excited to have a game take away all my free time again. Just a few questions though.

If you get scaled up to 80 when you PvP then whats the point of lvling up in PvE? Even though I don't want to grind, I still want to feel like there is progression for my characters.

Regarding gear, does PvE grant you gear a la WoW or is the gear rewards just cosmetic? (I'm totally lost regarding the gear and item progression in this game.)

Also is the game world 100% persistent like in WoW or are there zones like there was in GW1 or is it a mixture of both? Is it possible to explore one end of the map to the opposite end without going through instances or is that kind of exploration only done through different waypoints?

Thanks to those who help out, just want to get some facts straight before diving into this game. Game looks like tons of fun regardless :]

Instro

It sure has been, I still remember how excited I was saying GW2 on the cover of that PC mag.

Shit I remember being excited as hell when the first rumors of it leaked out along with rumors of GWEN. Such a long ass wait, even though I've been pretty much on news blackout on the game for the last 6 months or so and I stopped posting in GW2 threads as well during that time. No beta play either so I'll be at square one for sure lol.

I probably won't be in game till next week sometime, looking forward to finally playing and hooking up with the gaf guild.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm thinking about getting this game. I haven't played a MMO since pre-cata WoW and now I'm excited to have a game take away all my free time again. Just a few questions though.
Just buy it.

If you get scaled up to 80 when you PvP then whats the point of lvling up in PvE? Even though I don't want to grind, I still want to feel like there is progression for my characters.
Sort of a silly way of looking at it, but here goes:
SPVP (hardcore-ish PvP): Auto-leveled, best gear, all skills unlocked
WvW: You keep your gear and your skills, but health and stats boosted to 80

Two items of note:
1. You can level up INSIDE WvW.
2. The "point" of leveling up in PvE/WvW is to play the game and have your character grow stronger. It doesn't "start" at level 80 in this game.

Regarding gear, does PvE grant you gear a la WoW or is the gear rewards just cosmetic? (I'm totally lost regarding the gear and item progression in this game.)
There is a gear progression in PvE statwise, but it will be relatively easy to find max stat gear by endgame. There are lots of prestige and comestic gear to work toward though.

Also is the game world 100% persistent like in WoW or are there zones like there was in GW1 or is it a mixture of both? Is it possible to explore one end of the map to the opposite end without going through instances or is that kind of exploration only done through different waypoints?

1. It's a mixture, in that your personal story and dungeons are always instanced (though WoW is like this... so whatever)
2. The map question hinges entirely on whether or not the full map is interconnected on foot (there are portals in-universe all over the place).

Thanks to those who help out, just want to get some facts straight before diving into this game. Game looks like tons of fun regardless :]
Just buy it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No

Depends on population apparently:
500 for Low
1000 for Medium
1800 for High

edit: Note server transfers will be free for like a week or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom