• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just thinking, how does ranged weapons work on the Warrior? Can you fire some shots then move in for the kill with a melee weapon or do you equip a bow / rifle and then you are stuck with that and its abilities until you manually change weapon?
Either tactic works. Generally, as a warrior, I carry a rifle for when melee is too dangerous or unusable. It's a strong weapon in and of itself, but it's single-target only.

When I can risk it and I need AoE damage, I'll wade in with sword/axe, axe/shield, or greatsword.

Orgun

I caved and bought this :) Got caught up in the hype and the 1 day headstart is on a bank holiday so - win :)

I'll be joinin EuroGAF

Arksy

Either tactic works. Generally, as a warrior, I carry a rifle for when melee is too dangerous or unusable. It's a strong weapon in and of itself, but it's single-target only.

When I can risk it and I need AoE damage, I'll wade in with axe/axe or greatsword.

Longbow is also pretty damn good.

Proven

I guess I should say that you don't always have to burst as a thief. But when you don't it automatically makes you feel like a kiting or support spec, as you won't have enough initiative to both stay in the fight and secure a kill. Which is where the intiative-free stealth and steal skills started coming in, for me. That might be something they want to change, but for me it felt fine. It was just their style.

I think I can finally get some sleep.

GrizzNKev

Banned
"It did get nerfed but it can still be very effective, will have to see on release just how it stacks up against other common builds because right now everything is shifting with how people are building."

Good, that shit needed nerfing :p

Yeah, the skills in that video are not the same as the current ones.

tci

New to this game. Have pre-purchased it and will be playing on Saturday.

I'm in EU and interested in joining a EU guild/group. I'm not that familiar with MMO's, but played Aion for a little while (lvl43). This looks to be a great game and I want to really try it out as much as I can. Not sure what to play yet. Will look into that later today.

So is there anyone that I can join on Saturday?

Jira

Just a tip to everyone:

Take anything you've learned or anything you think you might know about the genre and throw it out the window. Don't assume because something works or doesn't work in game X that it will apply here. Save yourselves a lot of trouble by not assuming anything.

Jira

New to this game. Have pre-purchased it and will be playing on Saturday.

I'm in EU and interested in joining a EU guild/group. I'm not that familiar with MMO's, but played Aion for a little while (lvl43). This looks to be a great game and I want to really try it out as much as I can. Not sure what to play yet. Will look into that later today.

So is there anyone that I can join on Saturday?

Guilds are global so you'll be joining everyone.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just pre-purchased two copies of the game (one for my dad and one for me). And just merged them with my original GW accounts. Surprised I still remembered the account details.:lol

It's been so long. My body is ready!

Orgun

Decided that the 1 day head start wasnt enough and bought a 3 day key off ebay :D

Thanks to this thread I've gone from mildly interested to JUST GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!

Zefiro

Banned
Are the log in servers down alltogether?
I usually got some kind of service message when trying to log in, now the circle spinning thing just spins around endlessly.

Dakota47

I won't be able to play this game in a while, two weeks probably. But it's fun to check on this thread regularly to see all the anticipation. Have fun tomorrow, everyone!

Sethos

Banned
First time in my life I can actually thank a spider. As I was laying in bed last night, massive fast spider ran across my stomach and I got out of bed pretty quickly - Stayed up all night. Now I'm tired as shit which means I can head to bed early, get up at 08:30 tomorrow morning, make some breakfast and a cup of tea and then the game opens at 09:30 which leaves me with about 14-15 hours of GW2.

Sweet.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Maybe the heartyist OT I've ever seen on GAF, awesome stuff!

I'll be on Sea of Sorrows with the Gameplanet Guild - see you guys in WvW!!!

Hackbert

one dumb question... cultural armor is logically bound to the races. but dungeon armor can every race wear right? ... found one set, i really would like to get for my silvary.. otherwise i think to roll a human ..
image560.png

Violet_0

Banned
Was just thinking, how does ranged weapons work on the Warrior? Can you fire some shots then move in for the kill with a melee weapon or do you equip a bow / rifle and then you are stuck with that and its abilities until you manually change weapon?

you use your rifle to stack bleeding like crazy on multiple enemies with the piercing trait, then (when your adrenalin is full) you switch to your other rifle that has the 100% crit on weapon swap rune and use Kill Shot to crit for 8k+ on heavy armor (and again, pierces through enemies)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Can't sleep. It's like Christmas.

Oh god yes. I'm actually thinking about staying awake the whole night, since 6am is the earlierst they'll open up the server. It's crazy and I will probably not make it (and even sleep through the start itself) but I'm thinking about it!

Violet_0

Banned
one dumb question... cultural armor is logically bound to the races. but dungeon armor can every race wear right? ... found one set, i really would like to get for my silvary.. otherwise i think to roll a human ..

I think it would look practically the same on a Sylvari. All races can wear dungeon armor

PaulLFC

:O Grainger Games have just sent me an early access code, when I pre-ordered it wasn't advertised, and they said they probably wouldn't be offering it, but I just got an email with one. Can't wait for tonight now
3AQmK.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So that GW2 cap, how did people get it? Did it cost gems? Was it free? Is it some kind of early adoptor bonus?

jbortz78

Yes..! Im picking up my new Zoiwe mouse today after work...and now Im ready.
Just let it be Saturday night and please make my 8m pregnant wife support my urge to play GW2:)

Forkball

I might be a bit busy tomorrow, but as long as I can get a spot in the GAF guild early on I can live with limited access for a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom