• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
t2min.gif

panda21

so is combat in this basically just pressing 1-9 a lot? i played secret world and regardless of tactics with regards to what skills you use etc i found the basic mechanic of mashing number keys to be really boring.

is this in anyway like an ARPG? i love the combat in demon's souls/dragon's dogma.

i basically want something you can play with a 360 controller...

Did you see the Charr main city? I actually enjoyed that more than DR. I played a Human the first BWE. Either choice is great though, the only starting zone I really didn't enjoy much was Asura, but I will eventually play through it either way.

Hey your just like me! I thought Asura was the worst as well. I did like the golem game they have placed there though. A lot of people seemed to be having some tournament on one of the boards. I also never saw the Char main city, I'll go watch a "tour" video of it when I come back from work. Must be really awesome if it can match DR.

Got a Logitech G13 for this, but it won't be in until next week. :<

Still don't know what class to roll. Kind of down to Mesmer or Engineer.

Same here! I ordered it Monday at 8AM and figured with Amazon only being a state away my shipments are usually pretty good when I do "super saver". It always arrives in 2-4 days ... hasn't even fucking shipped yet. Pretty irritated but I did gamble with the SS shipping so I have only myself to blame.

so is combat in this basically just pressing 1-9 a lot? i played secret world and regardless of tactics with regards to what skills you use etc i found the basic mechanic of mashing number keys to be really boring.

is this in anyway like an ARPG? i love the combat in demon's souls/dragon's dogma.

There are quite a few users here using a controller with loadouts available. It seems extremely viable to do. Although 'just hitting buttons' basically describes every game out there =P

Audioboxer

Using any controller is just pushing buttons "a-z" a lot :p

The movement required during combat is what makes GW2 good, even as ranged you aren't standing still just hitting buttons. Add the ability to swap your weapons during combat, and you really don't have time to think about it like "just hitting buttons". Bit more tactical than the average MMO.

IMO anyway.

bodine1231

Ok so I picked up the game for 48 from Green Man and got my 3-day access from eBay. GMG won't let me download till the 28th,where do I download the game and apply the 3 day code and how easy will it be to apply my game key on the 28th?

Sorry got caught up in the hype :)

Ok so I picked up the game for 48 from Green Man and got my 3-day access from eBay. GMG won't let me download till the 28th,where do I download the game and apply the 3 day code and how easy will it be to apply my game key on the 28th?

Sorry got caught up in the hype :)

Have you tried applying the code to the official GW2 website and simply downloading from there?

J0dy77

I have two small children and am moving next week. This release couldnt have come at a worse time. But i am hyped. Have to fight through the pain.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

edit: huh.

Check it

I'll gladly join if it turns out to be useful :)

Maybe its just me but I have a hard time seeing how joining a guild built on the pretenses of having a fun and active community would not be useful. Especially in an MMO where grouping is encouraged.

And the guild website is very well done and has alot of good information on the game and current events we are going to be doing as a guild.

Proven

A new rendition of the piano song from Gamescom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QmBN6XvH3M

edit: Not sure how official this is
Don't care, putting it on youtube loop.

P141z.png

So guys I thought maybe I'd watch an Adam Sandler movie and call it an early night tonight since there's really nothing going on.

I am not shocked at my position.

Ashamed of mine.
First time I've ever been in the top ten posts of any OT... I usually shy away early from fear of spoilers. And Retro would be a lot higher if he wasn't banned.

Why did Retro get banned?
Let's not talk about it.

What sucks is the time will fly by at work, but once I'm home there are 6 hours of just waiting. I do have to pick up the headset and my rations so there's some time filled.

You all on mumble will have to bare with me as I get my headset adjusted.

EDIT: Wow, I just remembered that 9 PM PST is IF they decide to open the floodgates early ... it's actually NINE HOURS! Oh Lord, how do I fill thee time!?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What sucks is the time will fly by at work, but once I'm home there are 6 hours of just waiting. I do have to pick up the headset and my rations so there's some time filled.

You all on mumble will have to bare with me as I get my headset adjusted.

I'm going to take an early nap as soon as I get home to prepare for the all the nigher :D.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT: Wow, I just remembered that 9 PM PST is IF they decide to open the floodgates early ... it's actually NINE HOURS! Oh Lord, how do I fill thee time!?

First World Problems! I still have to survive A WHOLE NIGHT up to launch, and it's far from even getting dark yet -.-

Wes

venison crêpe
Is there no way to resume my download with the downloader?

Does it automatically Rors. Each time you reopen it it will say it starts from 0% but you have actually retained all the files you downloaded originally. It just means download progress in this downloader session.

If you look at Total Files to download you'll see the number has gone down.

Jesus, the whole naming thing is going out of control.

I talked to a guy who is going after kim kardasian. he claims he can sell it online on ebay for mad dough.

the power of names is increased in gw2 as names are shared on all servers. there can only be one. literally.

I wonder if Neo will be taken quickly!!

Wes

venison crêpe
I guess it's because the program crashed overnight... sigh. Dunno what could have happened. Left it alone all night.

You haven't got the launcher saved in two seperate locations have you? You may have opened a different one, the one with no download progress, by mistake.

Which class are you guys starting with tomorrow? I really want to start as necro but knowing that its probably the worst class in PVP WvW makes me avoid it. Seems like the perfect class for PVE tho

Nyx

Which class are you guys starting with tomorrow? I really want to start as necro but knowing that its probably the worst class in PVP WvW makes me avoid it. Seems like the perfect class for PVE tho

There is no best or worst class for PvP.
Play whatever YOU like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom