• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Today is the day! This will be me throughout the day:

0b3xL.gif

putarorex

Looking forward to tomorrow. I pretty much have the next week and half off to play. I know the guild will probably have a ton of engineers, but that is what I'm rolling for my main for now. I got one up to 30 in the second BWE and it seems to be even better now.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing like all big releases it won't be until 12:00 est? I get excited all day then fall asleep before midnight, happens every time =\

Audioboxer

So I need to get up/stay up until 4am, done. Well I think the official time is 7am for the UK, but with the servers potentially opening up to 3 hours early, 4am it is.

Crap...I wasn't interested in this till today. I played the hell out of the first one....so the best way to go is to grab it on their offical site? So I can have the access this weekend?

mik83kuu

Banned
Audίoboxer;41359684 said:
So I need to get up/stay up until 4am, done. Well I think the official time is 7am for the UK, but with the servers potentially opening up to 3 hours early, 4am it is.

Are you sure about that? I think you're off by an hour.

"they're autoleveled down and overgeared. I'm not worried, it's supposed to be a bit easier like that."

The stats from your gear get scaled down as well. You are roughly no better than someone of the same level you're scaled down to.

That said, there's a Guardian there and they do very well in the non-dungeon PvE.

Stuart444

Audίoboxer;41359880 said:
Pretty positive it's 7am UK time.

UK time is BST (which is GMT+1) and UK time is also 8 hours ahead of PDT

so 12 PDT is 8 BST (UK time)

anyway yeah, Just woke up there. Going to bed about 7 - 8pm so I can wake up at 4am for my guilds pre-launch party in GW1 :D can't wait, pre-launch party and then GW2. Going to be awesome.

etiolate

Banned
People on Reddit seem to be concerned with how easy the content is in this video of a fairly high level zone: http://m.ign.com/videos/2012/08/23/guild-wars-2-bloodtide-coast-commentary

What do you guys think?

Not really.

I watched a video of five people doing the explorable Catacombs dungeon and dying over and over again, only to finally succeed by careful positioning and quick revives. I accidentally pulled a troll boss in the Sylvari starting zone that aggroed into some Giant Mosshearts, and that was a pain in the butt.

I've experienced difficulty early on. I imagine it will continue.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think this is the one time where Oceanic players haven't been screwed around for an MMO launch. Official local time will be 5pm Saturday afternoon, but it can happen from 2pm onwards. It's nice to be able to play the launch of an MMO all evening on a weekend.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
"they're autoleveled down and overgeared. I'm not worried, it's supposed to be a bit easier like that."

The stats from your gear get scaled down as well. You are roughly no better than someone of the same level you're scaled down to.

That said, there's a Guardian there and they do very well in the non-dungeon PvE.

I don't really want to start a discussion, but didn't Arenanet say pretty clearly that while you won't be "overleveled" at any point, most areas you revisit while being downleveled will be noticably easier? As far as I understood, you still can die if you don't pay attention, but you will notice an increase in stats, gear and skills.

That said, I didn't watch the video further and if they're really just facerolling through every encounter then yes, I might be a bit worried :)

Edit: I'm not worried about standard PvE zones though, while there have to be a few hard or hard-ish areas, if you're frustrated most of the time 'cause every single enemy in every zone will kill you in seconds, it probably won't be that enjoyable either. I guess I'll just see for myself wooooooo

Audioboxer

I simply need to play a profession that can use greatswords, they just look badass.

Ranger, Warrior or Guardian like I've said many times! I like that the ranger has good ranged and the greatsword up close, I'm just worried about gimpy pets ruining everything.

Is the Guardian greatsword build offensive or defensive?

"I don't really want to start a discussion, but didn't Arenanet say pretty clearly that while you won't be "overleveled" at any point, most areas you revisit while being downleveled will be noticably easier? As far as I understood, you still can die if you don't pay attention, but you will notice an increase in stats, gear and skills."

I dunno what ANet's said with regards to it, but when I went back to level 15-20 areas as a level 30 in the BWEs, things didn't seem significantly different. Considering that guy's only level 50 in a level 47 area, I doubt he's seeing any noticeable difference in difficulty.

Wallach

Audίoboxer;41360192 said:
I simply need to play a profession that can use greatswords, they just look badass.

Ranger, Warrior or Guardian like I've said many times! I like that the ranger has good ranged and the greatsword up close, I'm just worried about gimpy pets ruining everything.

Is the Guardian greatsword build offensive or defensive?

Guardian greatsword set is very offensive. They get a PBAoE that allows you to pull any hit targets directly onto you like a vortex, a PBAoE whirl that tosses projectiles, a leap gap closer, and a ground symbol that applies Burning (or Retaliation for you and yours).

mik83kuu

Banned
I don't think I've ever played an MMO where level 50 zone is somehow harder than a level 30 zone if you are properly leveled and geared for those zones.

Also why on earth is Tekno not using the quote feature?

Well I haven't played any of this yet but have it pre-bought and installed.
From what I have seen on their site and some racials I'll probably roll a Norm Ranger.
Hopefully there are some cool pets to train. I just like the idea of a hunter in games but hopefully there is not "Huntard" stigma in this game. For me I always liked taming/farming exotic/rare pets, it was like a game within a game.

I love Artosis! Thanks for that GIF :)

I have finally decided to roll a warrior.

*high five*

What race? I'll be going Charr because I liked what I saw of the starter story and zone. Plus they just make a badass looking Warrior. I reeeeeaaaaally hope that weapons/armor clipping won't be an issue but I've seen that all armor has been specifically designed for races so hopefully it won't be an issue.

*high five*

What race? I'll be going Charr because I liked what I saw of the starter story and zone. Plus they just make a badass looking Warrior. I reeeeeaaaaally hope that weapons/armor clipping won't be an issue but I've seen that all armor has been specifically designed for races so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Char or human. I think I'll roll human to be honest, I really like how they look and divinity's reach. Char has better lore though, it feels much more badass playing them so I'm not decided yet.

mik83kuu

Banned
I'm almost certain I'll roll a Guardian as my "main", but to be honest I kinda just want to pick some class that I normally wouldn't play. When I created a good-looking Norn Guardian in the stress test earlier this week I felt like I was creating the same sort of character I always create in almost every game: big burly tank/support for a human-like race. Maybe just creating some Asura clothie caster would be a little more adventurous.

I'm almost certain I'll roll a Guardian as my "main", but to be honest I kinda just want to pick some class that I normally wouldn't play. When I created a good-looking Norn Guardian in the stress test earlier this week I felt like I was creating the same sort of character I always create in almost every game: big burly tank/support for a human-like race. Maybe just creating some Asura clothie caster would be a little more adventurous.

If you want a really unique class try the Mesmer. There was a cool video of the devs playing one and commentating along. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXpLDcfkdY

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
It's just how he rolls. Kinda wish he'd finally make the switch now that we've got those nice post links in quotes, but, whatever.

He's been doing it since the beginning of time through the many incarnations of GAF. He works in many mysterious ways.

Char or human. I think I'll roll human to be honest, I really like how they look and divinity's reach. Char has better lore though, it feels much more badass playing them so I'm not decided yet.

Did you see the Charr main city? I actually enjoyed that more than DR. I played a Human the first BWE. Either choice is great though, the only starting zone I really didn't enjoy much was Asura, but I will eventually play through it either way.

He's been doing it since the beginning of time through the many incarnations of GAF. He works in many mysterious ways.

Heh, it always throws me off to as I have a browser add-on that changes the background color of my posts and my quoted posts so it's easy to see where I last typed and who I need to respond to in faster moving threads.

StMeph

Got a Logitech G13 for this, but it won't be in until next week. :<

Still don't know what class to roll. Kind of down to Mesmer or Engineer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
P141z.png

So guys I thought maybe I'd watch an Adam Sandler movie and call it an early night tonight since there's really nothing going on.

"Did they buff the damage or something? I love the idea of the Grenade Kit but it always seemed too weak."

Significantly. All of the kits don't use your weapons for their base damage but some other predetermined number which was previously very low, so as you said, the damage was really, really low. Now they all use a base damage in the same range that you would expect a level 80 weapon to have (based on sPvP) and yeah, big damage boost. If you build for all power/precision/crit damage, landing all #1 3 grenades on the same target will get you roughly 1.5-4k combined AOE damage, depending on crits, while stacking a ton of vulnerability. The toolkit grenade ability does massive damage if you get lucky with crits, I saw numbers in the 10k+ range.
I think I'm going to go with the the grenade engineer. Always love using grenades in games.

To those of you who replied to my question last night about which class is the most fun to play and the best combat, which of those you mentioned doesn't require the mastery of like 10 hotkeys and juggling all kinds of skills super fast? I'm kind of new to MMOs, the only one I played for more than a few days is Secret World. So juggling a full array of hotkeys is prob not a good idea for my first char.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
To those of you who replied to my question last night about which class is the most fun to play and the best combat, which of those you mentioned doesn't require the mastery of like 10 hotkeys and juggling all kinds of skills super fast? I'm kind of new to MMOs, the only one I played for more than a few days is Secret World. So juggling a full array of hotkeys is prob not a good idea for my first char.
You have chosen the right game my friend.

Go Engi, you'll like it.

Lrn2reed

Neo Member
Yes..! Im picking up my new Zoiwe mouse today after work...and now Im ready.
Just let it be Saturday night and please make my 8m pregnant wife support my urge to play GW2:)

Oh man, I feel your pain! My wife is 6 months pregnant lol. I've been telling her about this day for months though. So I atleast have "tentative" support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom