• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
"Did they buff the damage or something? I love the idea of the Grenade Kit but it always seemed too weak."

Significantly. All of the kits don't use your weapons for their base damage but some other predetermined number which was previously very low, so as you said, the damage was really, really low. Now they all use a base damage in the same range that you would expect a level 80 weapon to have (based on sPvP) and yeah, big damage boost. If you build for all power/precision/crit damage, landing all #1 3 grenades on the same target will get you roughly 1.5-4k combined AOE damage, depending on crits, while stacking a ton of vulnerability. The toolkit grenade ability does massive damage if you get lucky with crits, I saw numbers in the 10k+ range.

Fantastic, they finally beefed up Engineer at the final hour before I could test it. This was to be my class of choice until I saw how horrible their damage was. Switched to guardian as result - now I find out they might be good. Gah.

Coolwhip

Banned
Jesus, the whole naming thing is going out of control.

I talked to a guy who is going after kim kardasian. he claims he can sell it online on ebay for mad dough.

the power of names is increased in gw2 as names are shared on all servers. there can only be one. literally.

I wonder if Neo will be taken quickly!!

What? Really?

blackflag

Trying to decide whether or not to get this. Should have followed it earlier because I still don't know much about it.

I played guild wars 1 at release but stopped soon after when they started changing the way you get skills or whatever. It was fun though.

Is there loot?

What is the cheapest place to get it and still get in on the 3 day pass thing?

What? Really?

Yes. Therefore, I have come up with a list of 18 names which I put in descending order from "Most Likely To Be Taken" to "Least Likely To Be Taken", combined with an internal algorithm of which names I want most out of those 18.

Then I have prepared the M2 on my G510 Profile G-Keys to paste in these 18 names separately, to avoid wasting time looking at a list and typing them in, potentially making typos and other mistakes.

9EHDP.jpg

Which class are you guys starting with tomorrow? I really want to start as necro but knowing that its probably the worst class in PVP WvW makes me avoid it. Seems like the perfect class for PVE tho

i_hug_that_feel.png

Rolling necro as my main and while we maybe probably the worst in 1v1 pvp fights, we're still good in group battles (taking conditions from allies to heal, transfer to enemies, etc.) Mesmer and thief seems to be the stars of sPVP right now though they aren't as useful in group situations, though there's still balances to be made even after the game launches. Really it depends on what kind of playstyle suits you

Audioboxer

Yes. Therefore, I have come up with a list of 18 names which I put in descending order from "Most Likely To Be Taken" to "Least Likely To Be Taken", combined with an internal algorithm of which names I want most out of those 18.

Then I have prepared the M2 on my G510 Profile G-Keys to paste in these 18 names separately, to avoid wasting time looking at a list and typing them in, potentially making typos and other mistakes.

9EHDP.jpg

lol, same. I only have a few I want, but they're macro'd and ready to go.

Coolwhip

Banned

9EHDP.jpg

Hardcore.

Violet_0

Banned
Which class are you guys starting with tomorrow? I really want to start as necro but knowing that its probably the worst class in PVP WvW makes me avoid it. Seems like the perfect class for PVE tho

Necro has Wells, Epidemic and Plague. Definitely not the worst class in WvW

ferr

Got on yesterday, was sad that both of my usual mmo names were already taken. Too many people out there!

edit: oh are they still not reserved for the live game?

Only have one name I want that had already been taken in a beta weekend. If someone gets it before me, I don't mind tacking on a last name.

Have some names I'd like to get, but I'm still planning on actually recustomizing my main character first, before going back to try to get some.

Proven

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/107/432/i_hug_that_feel.png?1300595876

Rolling necro as my main and while we maybe probably the worst in 1v1 pvp fights, we're still good in group battles (taking conditions from allies to heal, transfer to enemies, etc.) Mesmer and thief seems to be the stars of sPVP right now though they aren't as useful in group situations, though there's still balances to be made even after the game launches. Really it depends on what kind of playstyle suits you

To be fair, my first 1v1 in WvW was against a Necro, and it ended with my loss during BWE2. I was a Warrior at the time, and he was a minion master with staff.

Heh, ultimately they're just names. It's not the end of the world.

Dibs on Amir0x!
lol

Proven

I was going to use my GAF name, but I have too much respect for the Guild Wars lore to not make names that use the races' naming conventions.

But beyond that, my account name is still Proven so anyone can find me by typing that into a friend or guild search.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'd love to use my GAF name. Don't think that'll be happening though.

Dammit Metal Gear!!!!!!!!!!!

You still have some chance. I can't use my GAF name because sometime last year they banned the word Poop from GW1 as a name...followed by Poopy, Poopster, Poopalicious and all other names I changed it to.

Orcastar

So I caved and bought the game from guildwars2.com. Could have gotten it almost €20 cheaper on launch day. Im an idiot.

See you tomorrow!

Brick

I usually like to burn through an MMO at launch and get to the end game as soon as possible, but I am really excited to just take it easy and enjoy the ride this time. Still haven't decided what class I'm going to play though.

Complistic

I usually like to burn through an MMO at launch and get to the end game as soon as possible, but I am really excited to just take it easy and enjoy the ride this time. Still haven't decided what class I'm going to play though.

Burning through this game trying to get to level 80 would have been terrible. A lot of people are going to do this and they're going to be pissed when there's isn't a ton of stuff to do at 80.

Llyranor

I'm planning on running multiple characters at the same time (Engineer, Mesmer, Thief, Elementalist - at least), maybe focusing on one of them to be able to do some of the higher-level PvE.

Doing this will allow me to play WvWvW with multiple characters (once they reach lvl 7, they'll very serviceable there already).

EDIT: Maaaaan, I'm working tomorrow. Have to go to bed before the release.

tci

Anyone with Windows 8 that have issues with the client? When I open it it shows, but then disappears. The launcher is still on the taskbar.

Proven

Thank you.

I'm planning on running multiple characters at the same time (Engineer, Mesmer, Thief, Elementalist - at least), maybe focusing on one of them to be able to do some of the higher-level PvE.

Doing this will allow me to play WvWvW with multiple characters (once they reach lvl 7, they'll very serviceable there already).

EDIT: Maaaaan, I'm working tomorrow. Have to go to bed before the release.

I'm running 8 characters. But I also plan to do PvP stuff, so... yeah.

It also gives all those people making bag slots for their crafting experience something to do.

Aeana

My new PC stuff probably won't get here until around 6 PM, since UPS is awesome, so I bet I'm gonna miss the launch. I'm installing the game on another of our PCs in the interim just in case. I just don't want to lose my name.

Since yesterday was pretty much the first time I played Asura I noticed it was the first time I got a little dip in performance. Is their area just insane on fps? Was regularly about 45-50 when I was well over 60fps all the other BWE's or stress tests.

Ningo

Any1 able to do me a massive favor and take me to central transfer chamber? I have a cloth of brotherhood that I would like to use to get the last point I am after, so I get the dragon sword.

I'm in eye of the north english district 3, Ser Bogan is my name. Much appreciated if you can help.

LkPr

I hope the servers go up early. Not looking forward to having to stay up until 3am to make my chars/names and then go to bed lol. And yes I need to go to bed because my 2year old will wake me up at 7am

I hope the servers go up early. Not looking forward to having to stay up until 3am to make my chars/names and then go to bed lol. And yes I need to go to bed because my 2year old will wake me up at 7am

I can't even think of good warrior name for myself :( I got zero creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom