• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Rin

I'm thinking about getting this mouse:

For GW2. Any impressions? The Razer Nagas look nice, but I'm afraid I won't hit the right button with all of them close together like that.

I would consider looking at the g600. The thumb buttons are set up in groups of 6 and they're contoured, so finding them isn't a problem. I'm using one right now and it didn't take much time to get used to them. It works beautifully :).

So with the mass amount of people expected to be playing this. How do you all think the servers will handle it?

lqpYQ.png

BrettWeir

I would consider looking at the g600. The thumb buttons are set up in groups of 6 and they're contoured, so finding them isn't a problem. I'm using one right now and it didn't take much time to get used to them. It works beautifully :).

I gotta say, the white one is one hell of a sexy mouse. /gadgetpron

Retro

So with the mass amount of people expected to be playing this. How do you all think the servers will handle it?

We've had 9 stress tests so far, so they're obviously working on it. Performance has been great in all of them, and ArenaNet's server voodoo is second to none (just ask anyone who was playing on an NA server from Europe).

I'm not worried, actually. Based on what we've seen so far, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this was the smoothest MMO launch yet.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
So if you want to remap the keys to anything besides the defaults, you have to use their garbage software. I'm hoping the negative backlash they're getting from their users changes their mind about this terrible software, but it seems they've invested a lot in this cloud based garbage and ALL future Razer products are going to be 'synapse' only.

That's absolutely messed up and crazy - I hope my 2010 Naga doesn't break anytime soon because I don't want to have to deal with the headache of this stuff... "DRM" for your mouse? What the fuck is that?

Ryökäle

Neo Member

For GW2. Any impressions? The Razer Nagas look nice, but I'm afraid I won't hit the right button with all of them close together like that.

I'm using that mouse and it works well. I have just mapped healing, utility and elite skills to the mouse. I still use keyboard for weapon skills, but with the mouse, playing is lot easier because I don't have to move my hand on keyboard, thus I don't get confused and I'm able to play without having to look at the keyboard. And also the buttons on the mouse are well made and it's easy to hit the right button.

Logitech G700. Its only problem is that the optional wireless mode makes it heavier than it needs to be. You can store profiles onto your PC or directly onto the mouse itself for transport between computers - the opposite of that Razer Cloud Storage nonsense.

Boogdud

I gotta say, the white one is one hell of a sexy mouse. /gadgetpron

Thing looks like it's straight out of portal. Love the looks.

I tried using one for a while, but it's just too flat and too wide to be comfortable for a claw gripper, it's so wide because of the '3rd' mouse button that you basically have to lift it with your thumb and pinky. Combine that, with it being heavier than your average mouse (~135gr) it's a bit awkward for me. Though if you used high sensitivity it might not be as big of an issue since you wouldn't be lifting it much. It's well made though, and the software is pretty nice.

Panda Rin

Did anybody else get the May 2007 PC Gamer Mag? I can't believe it's been that long already.. I was so damn excited for it and I think I still have that asuran minipet in my storage.

KovyKov

Neo Member
That's absolutely messed up and crazy - I hope my 2010 Naga doesn't break anytime soon because I don't want to have to deal with the headache of this stuff... "DRM" for your mouse? What the fuck is that?

Not home right now to verify, but I recall installing the previous version of the driver to circumvent "synapse".

Artanisix

Question, do you get cosmetics and stuff from doing the PVE content? 100% new to the Guild Wars series, I played GW2 beta on my bro's account briefly when it first came out and was pretty impressed even though it was horrendously laggy and unoptimized. Just pre-purchased today so I'm going in practically blind.

Boogdud

Did anybody else get the May 2007 PC Gamer Mag? I can't believe it's been that long already.. I was so damn excited for it and I think I still have that asuran minipet in my storage.

Has it really been that long?? Seems like just yesterday my wife catching a glimpse of it on the magazine rack at the grocery store, squealing and running to rip it off the shelf. Wow...

Retro

Such a great day, OT is up, OT is awesome, and look what just arrived in the mail (taken with crappy camera at work). :D

Still playing catch up from last night, so I'm sorry for the late reply on this. You're lucky you've got something to mess with while you're waiting. Where did you pre-order it from, out of curiosity? I ordered mine from Gamestop on the first day because I thought there'd be a rush and there weren't any being sold online. I might have to give them a call and see if they know when they're expecting them in (my guess: "Guild What two? Lulz, I dunno, want Call of Dudebro 8?")

How many hours till the stresstest?

http://gw2status.com/ is your friend!

Boogdud

Not home right now to verify, but I recall installing the previous version of the driver to circumvent "synapse".

Like I said, if you have the 2012 version of the naga (or the naga hex, etc. or any NEW version of a razer mouse, or keyboard) you can only use the synapse software. You won't be able to go to the old drivers and circumvent synapse.

You can try to find an old version of the razer mouse and find old drivers for those, but once that supply is gone, you're pretty much screwed.

awesome OT, 3 more days til headstart! I think I've decided I will stick with a Sylvari Necro as my main, can't give up on the class before the game even comes out :p

blackflag

This looks nice. Not sure my laptop can handle it though.

Qosmio x505 Q8100
# Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz
# 4GB Memory 500GB HDD
# NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M

diffusionx

Gold Member
Logitech G700. Its only problem is that the optional wireless mode makes it heavier than it needs to be. You can store profiles onto your PC or directly onto the mouse itself for transport between computers - the opposite of that Razer Cloud Storage nonsense.

I want the G700 bad - because I play on my HDTV and it's the best wireless solution out there. Unfortunately money is tight.

inky

So this will be my new home for the following months =D

Nice OT. Shoutout to my fellow Guardians for their impeccable taste in class picking.

Question, do you get cosmetics and stuff from doing the PVE content? 100% new to the Guild Wars series, I played GW2 beta on my bro's account briefly when it first came out and was pretty impressed even though it was horrendously laggy and unoptimized. Just pre-purchased today so I'm going in practically blind.

Nope, I don't think you do. You can use your gold to buy some gems to acquire cosmetics tho, so with enough playtime you won't really need to pay for them. The gold -> gems exchange rate fluctuates due to market demand, so keep an eye out for that.

KovyKov

Neo Member

Qosmio x505 Q8100
# 4GB Memory 500GB HDD

I ran it on a laptop (medium settings @ 1366x768) with the Geforce GT 550M, which is not as powerful as the GTX 460m. It depends on your resolution, and the final optimization, but you will be able to run the game (and it will be playable) at the very least.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-550M.42264.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-460M.33612.0.html

Well I pre-purchased the game on amazon, I registered the Key and im ready to roll for this 3 day head start. Saturday should be a good day. Any ideas on what time the servers go up Saturday for someone on the east coast in the US?

Edit* Damn this client is big! Shouldnt take me too long because im downloading at 5 MB/s...

Retro

Question, do you get cosmetics and stuff from doing the PVE content?

To add to Inky's post; you'll find Unidentified Dyes in PVE which can be used to apply new colors to your character's armor (over 400 of them too). There are also some armor sets that you can buy with Karma that make a complete set when worn together, and transmutation stones have come up as a reward for me a few times for zone completion.

At the highest levels, once you hit Exotic-quality gear, pretty much all of your upgrades become cosmetic.

My Asura is ready:
3424445_o.gif

I heard my wife, working all the way across town, saying "Awwwwww!" just now.

Naxx

Qosmio x505 Q8100
# 4GB Memory 500GB HDD

Yes is can handle it. I also have a GTX 460M. I didn't put it all on "ultra" just on lower, it looked really good.

Brannon

I really want to like an MMO. I mean I really do. None have ever held my attention long enough to warrant continued play, but maybe this will be the one.

mackattk

This may have been answered in this thread, and if it has, I aplogize.

But is the digital deluxe version worth the extra $20?

Retro

I really want to like an MMO. I mean I really do. None have ever held my attention long enough to warrant continued play, but maybe this will be the one.

Good news; If you love MMOs, you'll want to check out Guild Wars 2, and if you hate MMOs, you'll REALLY want to check out Guild Wars 2.

This may have been answered in this thread, and if it has, I aplogize.

But is the digital deluxe version worth the extra $20?

Nope, all of the stuff is either cosmetic or temporary. Save the money and buy gems.
I say this as someone who dropped $150 on the Collector's Edition, but that has lots of cool, physical stuff in it, so.... yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom