• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complistic

There is actually a reason for the cap as well. Since guilds can own places in wvw, i could see mega huge guilds really abusing that system.

zulfate

I don't really understand either, but it's probably because I haven't been following the GW2 threads (wanted everything to be new and a surprise at launch). I didn't think the guild would fill up so fast and didn't realize there was such a low guild member max amount. Guess I'll just hang around til invites open up again!

time to make the KIDS TABLE [Gaf2] guild

Ricker

I'll make a male Norn Mesmer...I bet you wont see many of that hehe...I hope it starts around midnight,EST here and there is no way I can wait till 3 A.M,I'm starting to hit nails already :p...12:30 max....please.

Ken

I remember being stuck on the character select screen for TOR for like 2 hours trying to work out which class I wanted to be, kinda shitted me lol. With WoW many years ago I knew I wanted to be a mage, was never in doubt.

Probably go Elementalist... but I think I'll be stuck on character select for a while... as for race whichever one looks hottest with my chosen class.

TOR was easy for me since I always wanted to be a trooper and pew pew.

I'm playing with a friend who is an engineer so I want to try something else.

Ningo

Some kind soul just helped me get to CTC so i got the last point I was after.

Now have the dragon sword, ready to launch! :)

Verve

Finally: Play With a Controller (it's fun as hell).

Going to try that for sure in some hours :)
Didn't know about that package when I first got to play on Tuesday. Hoped there would be something like that, keyboard controls kind of... overwhelmed me as a "console only / xbox 360 contoller for pc" gamer up until now (aside from BF3).
Thanks for the work put into it, will post my impressions once we finally are able to start the action!

Elginer

ok GAF, I am hyped for this game and have joined the GafGuild forum, sadly GameStop has screwed me and gave me no headstart code but am hyped for Tuesday morning to get in on this!! Looks excellent. As a long time GW1 player it's looking a hell of a lot different but that's cool and scary and I can dig it!

So what kind of names would be popular to pick? I'm assuming it's like other online games where short and common one word names are the most in demand.

Warrior
Gladiator
Princess
Barbarian
Thug
Pimp
Knight
Dragon
Power
Strong
Legend
Cartman
Valor
and so on

These type?

FinKL

So what kind of names would be popular to pick? I'm assuming it's like other online games where short and common one word names are the most in demand.

Warrior
Gladiator
Princess
Barbarian
Thug
Pimp
Knight
Dragon
and so on
Power
Strong
Legend
Cartman
Valor

These type?

Vash The Stampede

Every CS game when I was younger had 1 of these in them

Mothman91

Warrior
Gladiator
Princess
Barbarian
Thug
Pimp
Knight
Dragon
Power
Strong
Legend
Cartman
Valor
and so on

These type?
Yep, of course there are a ton more but you get the idea.

LuuKyK

Warrior
Gladiator
Princess
Barbarian
Thug
Pimp
Knight
Dragon
Power
Strong
Legend
Cartman
Valor
and so on

These type?

Yeah, but if combined with other names they are still valid. Right? I don't get the rush to reserve names.

Yep, of course there are a ton more but you get the idea.

So when you pick a name is it just for that class/race... like if I picked Princess for an Asura Engineer character, it can't transfer to another if i wanna reroll the character? I don't know how to phrase this question, hopefully you get what im sayin. And how many characters can you have

BrettWeir

Warrior
Gladiator
Princess
Barbarian
Thug
Pimp
Knight
Dragon
Power
Strong
Legend
Cartman
Valor
and so on

These type?

Kim Kardashian.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Should have hopped on the mumble sooner, I didn't expect 75 slots to be completely full.

I now feel like making characters with highly generic names like Bob and Tim.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I can hear everyone, but it's not letting me speak. First time using Mumble and I fail at it. T_T

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Headstart Begins in 3 hours, 20 minutes or less
Server: (NA) Stormbluff Isle
(EU) Gandara

Purchases from ArenaNet, for the moment, still seem to carry headstart access (beginning in 2-5 hours).
Amazon codes are out. Other versions are iffy.
Sign-ups for the guild are TEMPORARILY closed as we sort through the 400+ members we've got so far.
Best NVIDIA Drivers to use are apparently 304.79.

If you're just joining us and find Jira's OT a bit much to parse:

First: Holy Crap Gamescom Trailer. (720p or you're a terrible person)

Next: Tutorial Video (Watch if you have no idea what the game is like)
and
Seriously All These Things Get You XP in Guild Wars 2

Then:
Little Things that Make Guild Wars 2 Awesome

Also Fucking Bullet Casings Make Different Fucking Sounds on Different Surfaces

Plus Pigeons Come and Carry Your Mail. Anywhere.

Finally: Play With a Controller (it's fun as hell).

ibxhqFFmQfW8Mp.gif

(thanks Sethos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom