• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT| Buy Once, Sub Never, Fun Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

The phrasing on the thread seemed to indicate it wasn't for us regular members...

Yeah and I believe it said the easiest way to join is message an officer in game. I'm sure they'll open it as soon as they get most of the list added. That alone will take awhile.

Graben

Neo Member
I'm really happy with the start time of 4pm here in Japan. Should be easy to see a lot the first day. Hopefully I can get in the GAF guild.

Sweet! I signed up in the community thread in beta. Does that mean I am already counted in the 400 in the guild?

bodine1231

Maybe a stupid question but since you can roll a fully leveled and geared character right after the tutorial for PVP whats the point of leveling from 1 to max besides the story? Is there a benefit that you get over a stock 80?

ferr

Maybe a stupid question but since you can roll a fully leveled and geared character right after the tutorial for PVP whats the point of leveling from 1 to max? Is there a benefit that you get over a stock 80?

pretty sure the 'stock 80' is only for a certain type of PVP.

Maybe a stupid question but since you can roll a fully leveled and geared character right after the tutorial for PVP whats the point of leveling from 1 to max besides the story? Is there a benefit that you get over a stock 80?

Because it only sidekicks you to 80. As soon as you leave The Mists it drags you back to your original level.

You may be side-kicked to 80 but your still using poor gear and have very limited skills.It is meant to give you a chance in WvW, not make you equivalent. In a 1v1 vs a real lvl 80 you will be destroyed.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Someone should just make a temporary guild or something while waiting for the official one to open up.

6117208.gif

;D

Subxero

Solidarity my lonesome brothers! (I can wait few days for guild action. No biggie.)

Totally. It will just give me time to be sure I'm 100% happy with what I decide to roll with.

Looking forward to just getting to play honestly. I missed most of the betas even though I bought it back in April or May.

Helmholtz

In WvW pvp you will have better gear if you're a legitimate level 80. You'll also have more variety when it comes to choosing skills and whatnot.

Cystm

You're playing after all? :D

At some point, yeah. The professions seem interesting to try out, and PvP seems to have potential. I am going to wait to dive in until after the launch issues are worked out.

I've been theorycrafting for my Thief, and that's one of my favorite parts of an MMO. :lol

Edit:
Superior Epsilon GAF?

Whatever works. I think it's unfortunate GAFers are made to feel left out.

You may be side-kicked to 80 but your still using poor gear and have very limited skills.It is meant to give you a chance in WvW, not make you equivalent. In a 1v1 vs a real lvl 80 you will be destroyed.

sPvP sidekicks you up with skills, gear and trait points as well. But yes, WvWvW is whatever you have on you as far as skills and gear go.

squidyj

There was a Community thread for close to 6 months now and a GAFGuild.com site for like a month. It was also in the second post of this thread. We will be re-opening signups shortly after we get everything settled with the 400 people we have so far.

I guess I'm on that list if I have an early post in the community thread then?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Headstart Begins in 4 hours or less
Server: (NA) Stormbluff Isle
(EU) Gandara

Purchases from ArenaNet, for the moment, still seem to carry headstart access (beginning in 1-4 hours).
Amazon Standard Editions are out, but Digital Deluxe editions still have headstart access. Other versions are iffy.

If you're just joining us and find Jira's OT a bit much to parse:

First: Holy Crap Gamescom Trailer. (720p or you're a terrible person)

Next: Tutorial Video (Watch if you have no idea what the game is like)
and
Seriously All These Things Get You XP in Guild Wars 2

Then:
Little Things that Make Guild Wars 2 Awesome

Also Fucking Bullet Casings Make Different Fucking Sounds on Different Surfaces

Plus Pigeons Come and Carry Your Mail. Anywhere.

Finally: Play With a Controller (it's fun as hell).

ibxhqFFmQfW8Mp.gif

(thanks Sethos)

$20 for the program seems steep, I can't imagine ever using it elsewhere.
Everything you need is included in Weltall's package. Cost: $0.

squidyj

oh holy shit are you kidding me? NOW? Now my launcher gets borked?

Edit: Oh thank jeebus, restarting my comp fixed the issue, whew.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
B but i was in FFXI guild for a few years, thats got to count for something with the difficulty and niche of the game right? :(

In other MMOs i would expect membership to drop 75% after 2 months perhaps in a typical gaf guild but since this is a no subscription fee, i guess i'll go solo for a while.

Haven't posted in a GW2 thread in a while since I got busy with school, but hopefully I will see a ton of you in game. At least I got the weekend to play before classes start back up on Monday. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Headstart Begins in 5 hours or less
Server: (NA) Stormbluff Isle
(EU) Gandara

Purchases from ArenaNet, for the moment, still seem to carry headstart access (beginning in 2-5 hours).
Amazon Standard Editions are out, but Digital Deluxe editions still have headstart access. Other versions are iffy.

If you're just joining us and find Jira's OT a bit much to parse:

First: Holy Crap Gamescom Trailer. (720p or you're a terrible person)

Next: Tutorial Video (Watch if you have no idea what the game is like)
and
Seriously All These Things Get You XP in Guild Wars 2

Then:
Little Things that Make Guild Wars 2 Awesome

Also Fucking Bullet Casings Make Different Fucking Sounds on Different Surfaces

Plus Pigeons Come and Carry Your Mail. Anywhere.

Finally: Play With a Controller (it's fun as hell).

ibxhqFFmQfW8Mp.gif

(thanks Sethos)

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I bought this today on the recommendation of a friend, can't wait for launch.

Sadly, I think we're going to Ehmrey Bay and not Stormbluff. Maybe that'll change in the next 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom