• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of the usual Saturday night missions, and the impromptu show of force Tuesday night in Obsidian Sanctum, tonight's Karka Queen beat down was great.

Lunar15

Not to set expectations too high or anything, but I saw a sneak preview for OT3, and it had the words "Precursors for Everyone" in it.

So I mean, pressure isn't on or anything.

Retro

Getting closer now... Also, be sure to call dibs on the special goodies down there at the end, I hope they go fast. One is already spoken for.

Jarate

Banned
I picked the wrong server guys, so i won't be able to play with ya'll aparently ;-;

should've never picked the server of my irl friend who'll probably never play the game

Levyne

Banned
I picked the wrong server guys, so i won't be able to play with ya'll aparently ;-;

should've never picked the server of my irl friend who'll probably never play the game

1.) Which server did you pick? If it's an NA server you can guest over anytime.

2.) If not, what is your highest level? One trick is to delete all your characters to be able to pick a new server, an okay option if you haven't sunk in a ton of time yet.

Jarate

Banned
1.) Which server did you pick? If it's an NA server you can guest over anytime.

2.) If not, what is your highest level? One trick is to delete all your characters to be able to pick a new server, an okay option if you haven't sunk in a ton of time yet.

level 7 on crystal desert

I don't wanna delete one of my characters because his name is bill cosby, and im saving that name for later when i need it

Others with more knowledge will follow up, but to my knowledge, you can delete your peeps and reroll on our server. There is also a transfer fund set up that can move you over. I need to look into this so I can help others.

Edit: Beaten. At least by one of the best.

Levyne

Banned
Oh, no issues then. On the character selection screen, you can choose "world selection", Stormbluff Isle and guest to hop over any time.

Katoki

If you delete your stuff, deposit everything that's deposit-able in the bank. It adds up.

am I able to join the guild then?

You can regardless of your home server. We don't discriminate... as long as you're not the opposing WvW server at the current time.

Selfishly moving the thread along here...

But I'm really impressed by the number of people joining or rejoining the guild. Lots of new and recurring faces going on. I think this really bodes well for the game.

Edit: I might be last post here (hopefully). Godspeed OT2.

Retro

Are you waiting until 20k posts?

EDIT: Guess not, lol.

No, I need to go to bed here soon and we're close enough that if I wait until morning, we'll probably go over. There's only something like 20 posts left here anyways.

Selfishly moving the thread along here...

But I'm really impressed by the number of people joining or rejoining the guild. Lots of new and recurring faces going on. I think this really bodes well for the game.

Edit: I might be last post here (hopefully). Godspeed OT2.

We basically blew through the first OT in less than a month (went live 8/21, reached 20k on 9/19). The OT2 almost reached the one year anniversary. I have a feeling the third OT might move at about the same rate, so we'll probably be on OT4 around this time next year, maybe sooner if there's big news or something.

For ot3 to be filled in less than a year... there'd have to be quite the bombshell. We simply don't digress in here very often and have other outlets.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Retro

For ot3 to be filled in less than a year... there'd have to be quite the bombshell. We simply don't digress in here very often and have other outlets.

"Expansion"-related news would certainly kick things into high gear; a new race or profession will fuel a lot of speculation and discussion. New weapon types too, though not so much.

Having some kind of big, much-requested feature like adding LFG would too, as a lot of people have said that was a reason they stopped playing. Housing-related stuff would be another.

Controversy is always good for debate. Something like a trait overhaul or major stat change would spark some debate.

Thanks for representin' while I'm restricted mode ;)

On that note, I went ahead and added that link to the Guides section of the OT3. I knew I was missing something.

Thanks for representin' while I'm restricted mode ;)

Of course! :)

On that note, I went ahead and added that link to the Guides section of the OT3. I knew I was missing something.

Thanks, much appreciated! Hopefully the added visibility will help anyone wanting to use a gamepad.

Also, what's with your avatars? :D Did you coordinate to change them or did a certain mod decided to quagganify you? :D

Retro

Also, what's with your avatars? :D Did you coordinate to change them or did a certain mod decided to quagganify you? :D

I felt bad that people were making good suggestions for the OT3 subtitle when I knew I wasn't going to make it funny or reference an in-joke. So I made a little quaggan to tuck at the bottom with a "Friends of Luftar" sign, and it sort of snowballed from there.

Kos commented that they'd make good avatars, so I went back in and made them. And now there's 8 of them running around GAF making everyone confused.

Trey

We always will have something new ish to talk about if Anet keeps up their two week updates. Notice how much faster the thread picked up once once Living Story got going in earnest.

I felt bad that people were making good suggestions for the OT3 subtitle when I knew I wasn't going to make it funny or reference an in-joke. So I made a little quaggan to tuck at the bottom with a "Friends of Luftar" sign, and it sort of snowballed from there.

Kos commented that they'd make good avatars, so I went back in and made them. And now there's 8 of them running around GAF making everyone confused.

That's awesome! :D I kind of would want to make one for myself but I don't think there's anything particularly special about me to parody. Perhaps a joypad? :D

Edit: What the hell, I'm on it. Hold on... :D

Edit2: And, done. This version looks cool in full resolution...
Quaggan%20Small%20Gamepad.png

... but in avatar size the gamepad is hardly recognizable:
Quaggan%20Small%20Gamepad%20Avatar.png

So, I made a version with a dumb big gamepad:
Quaggan%20Large%20Gamepad.png

That seems to work much better avatarized:
Quaggan%20Large%20Gamepad%20Avatar.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom