• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

yeah, and i'm pretty sure some sab achievements are bugged. i never got credit for finding all the baubles in zone 2. that shit took like an hour with way too much back tracking. not sure i'm down to do that again any time soon.

i'll try trib mode this weekend if i have time and i dont finish for the weapons whatever. im building a backlog of games cause of these updates already :|

Did you use a continue coin at any point? If so you wouldn't get it. Has to be on a single continue.

Damn those new travelers runes are nice.

(1): +10 to All Stats; +2% Critical Damage
(2): +15% Boon Duration
(3): +10 to All Stats; +2% Critical Damage
(4): +10% Condition Duration
(5): +10 to All Stats; +2% Critical Damage
(6): +25% Movement Speed

Lovely as a full set or part of 2x traveler 2x monk 2x water 45% boon duration build. And still only 6g per rune.

Luigi87

Bleh
Earlier this year I paid to transfer to TC, and while I do love the server, lately I've been having thoughts of transferring to SBI so I can run WvW with GAF >_<

Lunar15

I have a thousand mango pies.

image.php

Retro

Bleh
Earlier this year I paid to transfer to TC, and while I do love the server, lately I've been having thoughts of transferring to SBI so I can run WvW with GAF >_<

From the sound of guild chat / mumble, we've had a bunch of WvW guilds transfer over to SBI lately.

Ceres

Banned
Tarnished Coast will probably be better off in the tournament than SBI though. We're going to probably end up rank 11-12 before it starts and get stuck as the punching bag of tier 1/2 servers.

Levyne

Banned
Every server ranked ~10 to ~14 is probably going to attempt tanking some weeks to try to land into the top of League 2. Quite a predicament. If only they were able to do 3 leagues so the spread top to bottom of each wasn't as drastic.

Jira

Fixes coming for SAB today/tomorrow:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/sab-bts/Is-it-too-hard/2785093

That&#8217;s not how things work here. I don&#8217;t tell the commerce team how to do their job and they don&#8217;t tell me how to do my job. My goal is to make a really fun and compelling experience for players. Insofar as W2 is not fun right now because of the crazy difficulty, that&#8217;s on me because I made some poor judgement calls. I lost the forest for the mechanic-trees. I liked this tree and this tree and this tree and this tree&#8230; and jammed them all in without taking the big picture in often enough, especially near the end when everything comes together and starts interacting in unpredictable ways. Last time we were just excited to get 8-bit UI, a bounce mushroom and turtles you could knock over for platforms. Now we have projectile enemies, ice, moving platforms, water spout platforms, spin flowers, push blocks, several cooperative puzzles, etc. Now I know next time to give the elements time to breathe, and go hands-off earlier, and if a last minute fix is required to make a new mechanic work (what happened to the water spouts that ended up making them terribad) it should be cut and saved for next time. These are the reasons World 2 is too hard. If the reason was to sell coins I would not be here and you would not see a huge suite of fixes we put together over the last couple of days come out tomorrow.

As to the Infinite Continue Coin I&#8217;ll repeat what I said several pages back. I think it&#8217;s a great item because it expands the number of people who can experience SAB. There&#8217;s probably a good-sized portion of players who don&#8217;t want to play it like a real stand-alone old-school game where you have to really learn the levels, find the secrets, earn the resources to get the power-ups etc. In that way it&#8217;s like a Game Genie. It also gives people who are really into SAB a chance to vote with their money and support future development.

We decided to do Tribulation Mode in the platform hell style back before we launched the first SAB. Before the idea of an ICC was ever thought up. It matches our personality and humor. We knew there would be people who were really really good at SAB and would wrack up huge numbers of extra lives, and thought Trib Mode would be a great way to spend them.

As to a &#8216;real&#8217; World 2, that will have to wait for next release when we have time to make the major renovations necessary to put it in the proper context between Worlds 1 and 3. In the mean time, check out the changes we made and see if it&#8217;s more fun for you.

From a reddit user:

I've been following that thread a bit, here's a summary of what I've read.

Almost certainly to be patched tomorrow:

Fix for water-spouts causing excessive knockbacks when disappearing.
Arrow death traps made more visible.
Some arrow death-traps removed.
Increase visibility of clouds near the end of 2-3.
Additional safe spots in the river log crossing.
Unspecified additional checkpoints.

Less specific possible changes tomorrow/very soon:

Toning down areas with difficulty spikes.
Final rapids section, fish temple, and dart temple are often mentioned.
Adding a freebie one-up after the introductory arrow death trap in 2-2 (make-up one-up).
Changes to the jump flowers to make them harder to accidentally trigger.

Changes possible for the next SAB release that almost certainly won't make it in this month:

Insta-death traps (pits, arrows) in normal mode changed to teleport you to spawn, but only damage you not insta-kill you.

Other Comments:

Josh says he had some concerns about the difficulty of World 2 even before launch, which is why it will be toned down slightly.
Difficulty of Tribulation Mode is as desired/expected, and not likely to be changed.

Jira

Hahaha...so a guy on reddit asked why isn't the Infinite Continue Coin icon the normal coin icon with a string around it so you can pull it back out? An ANet dev known to work on the icons team said this:

Omg, I feel like a retard now Y-y...... LETS FIX IT!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Props to those who already beat "Dark Souls mode" World 2. I'm actually a little sad, paradoxically, I didnt get to see how hard it was.

TrounceX

Tarnished Coast will probably be better off in the tournament than SBI though. We're going to probably end up rank 11-12 before it starts and get stuck as the punching bag of tier 1/2 servers.

SoR, BG, SBI

My dream matchup.

But really it doesn't matter which server you're on in league 1 - unless it's BG or SoR, you have no chance of winning. None.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SoR, BG, SBI

My dream matchup.

But really it doesn't matter which server you're on in league 1 - unless it's BG or SoR, you have no chance of winning. None.
Sounds about right...

If we really do become the L1 punching bag, I hope the meta achievement is compelling enough to make the experience of being in perpetual "last stand" mode fun.
Well nothing has changed yet and may not before you get home so give it a shot.
Hmm I have some errands to run up to about when it's gonna be WvW time and I feel like diving right into that, but maybe afterward I'll poke around it before bed.

Levyne

Banned
It sounds like Neko wanted GAF to jump into whatever BL the "weaker" of the two opponents are. Usually I just hop into EB on reset but maybe I will change it up this time.

Unless I am busy running MORE DUNGEONS

Jira

ANet response on the crafting exploit that lets you get to 80 in 10 min:

This is not intended behavior. We should have a fix coming out soon to correct the issue.

In the meantime, I would avoid continued exploitation of this bug.

My advice is right now don't craft till this is fixed just to be safe.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Damn those new travelers runes are nice.

(1): +10 to All Stats; +2% Critical Damage
(2): +15% Boon Duration
(3): +10 to All Stats; +2% Critical Damage
(4): +10% Condition Duration
(5): +10 to All Stats; +2% Critical Damage
(6): +25% Movement Speed

Lovely as a full set or part of 2x traveler 2x monk 2x water 45% boon duration build. And still only 6g per rune.

Dang. Should make a Traveler's outfit just for getting around. Mesmer speed...zoom zoom!

Levyne

Banned
I look foward to acquiring the mantle of co-leader upon Ash's impending ban.

Someone else can take over for the guild's resident racist.

So.. W2Z1 is definitely a huge difficulty step up over W1's entire zone. And that's without being on "I wanna be the SAB" mode. I can't imagine what that would be like at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So.. W2Z1 is definitely a huge difficulty step up over W1's entire zone. And that's without being on "I wanna be the SAB" mode. I can't imagine what that would be like at all.
Dunno if you saw, big pack on cottony pillow changes coming tomorrowish to make it a less jarring spike.

Then you remember... Rottel did it on the second day.

Did what? The hard mode?

Dunno if you saw, big pack on cottony pillow changes coming tomorrowish to make it a less jarring spike.

Yeah I saw it earlier, which is why I'm trying my hand at it right now as opposed to catching up on some heavily anticipated tv eps. That and I have some time mid-day for the first time in like 2 weeks.

Mxrz

Yeah, They gotta roll back or do something. That is sort of a crazy bug to exploit. But then levels aren't exactly a big deal either in the grand scheme of things..

jersoc

well, i'm glad they acknowledge the pits were bullshit, because they are. that is honestly the stupidest thing about trib mode, imo. there's no indication, that i see at least, that they are there.

but whatever, paid 30g for the coin. not like its hard to make cash money right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, They gotta roll back or do something. That is sort of a crazy bug to exploit. But then levels aren't exactly a big deal either in the grand scheme of things..
It is a crazy bug, but I don't see a rollback happening honestly, just a facepalm on their part and moving on after the fix.

well, i'm glad they acknowledge the pits were bullshit, because they are. that is honestly the stupidest thing about trib mode, imo. there's no indication, that i see at least, that they are there.

but whatever, paid 30g for the coin. not like its hard to make cash money right now.
I don't think anything about Trib mode is changing; at least I wouldn't expect it to. The changes described pertain to normal mode.

When it comes to Trib mode, all of it is bullshit by the way. It is meant to be bullshit. You gotta learn to love it.

Ashodin

The exploit is the skill points. You can make mad cash off them.

I'm actually really digging W2Z2. The instant death arrows are definitely harsh but it's good fun. Probably a little closer to trib mode though in that they do cost a whole life rather than just damage and reset, so I can understand that.

Katoki

What'd be really dedicated is if they have a trigger for skill point use on accounts which have characters that've hit 80 within 10 minutes or so. Then they'll review on a case-by-case basis on where those skill points went before banning.

Levyne

Banned
SUPER ADVENTURE BOX: BACK TO SCHOOL

General

Fixed a bug that prevented players from completing the Bachelor of Baubles achievement.
Fixed a bug that prevented players from completing the Forbidden Honey achievement.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter World 2-3 in Tribulation Mode before completing Worlds 2-1 and 2-2 in Tribulation Mode.
Added missing French and German localization.

Balance
Spin flowers have been changed so that they will only launch players to a pre-determined location.
Damaged inflicted by Rapid Water has been removed and the knockback distance has been greatly reduced.
Bears will drop an orange bauble when defeated. (10 Baubles)
Raccoon Kingpin, Yeti, and Assassin mini bosses drop a red bauble when defeated. (20 Baubles)
Red and Purple Assassins, and Bananas drop green baubles when defeated. (5 Baubles)
Getting frozen by a Banana or sucked into an Orange Frog will no longer tick health away. It takes one less struggle to break free.
Geysers will always remain up and will never go back down.
Geysers were removed from Piranha Bend in World 2-1 and been replaced with more piranha for overall difficulty reduction.
Additional bear fire warning signs have been added to the first encounter of burnable trees in World 2-1. The signs become breakable after the trees have been burned.
Camera radius has been increased for the area surrounding the cage boss in World 2-1.
Additional Infantile Mode clouds have been added to the cage boss area of World 2-1.
The bauble behind the first dart trap in World 2-2 has been moved up the hill, and replaced with a 1UP that can be acquired once per day per account.
Three dart traps have been removed from the Gong Temple in World 2-2. Two dart traps have been relocated to the opposite side of the wall they were originally located.
Three additional checkpoints have been added to World 2-2. One checkpoint has been moved.
Two Tribulation mode checkpoints have been added to World 2-1.
One additional checkpoint has been added to World 2-3.
Additional Infantile Mode clouds have been added to World 2-2.
One additional Infantile Mode cloud has been added to World 2-3.
An additional dig spot has been added to World 2-3.
The vertical rock tunnel in World 2-3 has been made easier to climb up.
Difficult jumps in World 2-2 have been simplified.
An additional platform has been added to the vertical falling logs in World 2-1. Piranhas have been reduced.

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
Adjusted the price of Elonian Wine to its intended value.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to continue to gain experience while crafting in the Armorsmith, Chef, Jeweler, Leatherworker, and Tailor disciplines after reaching level 400.

Notes up, no patch yet

nataku

Those finishers are a lot more boring than I thought they would be based on what they said in the past. Plus, they're temporary since you only get a stack of them. I thought I remember them saying you would keep your finisher until the next season and you lost your ranking, or something similar.

Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong.

EDIT: They're going over the changes coming in WvW.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

SirKhalid

I really hope we are not in the top league. But if others are tanking already, doh.

We probably going to be. I seen talk on tanking on the other servers, like Borlis Pass. They even have a poll on their forum. And with our new transfer guilds, we are going to rise a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom