• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

I'm going to be honest with you. Aside from that show being about MMO's.. I have no idea what any of it contains.

Basically, the developer of the game left a piece of himself inside the game, as the form of his daughter he could never have, and the game code itself is trying to erase it from existence as it has become sentient AI (and think it is a virus).

The players get caught up in this as they are "flagged" as viruses as well, and somehow traps their minds in the game world (don't ask).

imBask

Banned
quick question, can't find the answer on dulfy

i'm not getting the 2 bubbles bonus on the second boss, is it only once per day or something? does it reset at a specific time?

Basically, the developer of the game left a piece of himself inside the game, as the form of his daughter he could never have, and the game code itself is trying to erase it from existence as it has become sentient AI (and think it is a virus).

The players get caught up in this as they are "flagged" as viruses as well, and somehow traps their minds in the game world (don't ask).

Interesting. Might look into it later. Kudos!

Retro

quick question, can't find the answer on dulfy

i'm not getting the 2 bubbles bonus on the second boss, is it only once per day or something? does it reset at a specific time?

Once per day, per account. Resets at the same time as the daily, 8PM EDT. Dig sites appear to be on the same timer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would not make much sense because zones are much bigger in GW2. If you instance maps in GW2 for vanquishing you are separating your player base which is something they do not want to do.
He was talking about vanquishing in dungeons.

edit:

On day one Rottel got his green shield.
On day two Rottel got his yellow shield.

Mxrz

I havent had the time to mess with SAB as much as I'd like. But generally for getting all the achievements, a couple of skins, and the like; is the Infinite Continue Coin worth $10/30g or whatever?

Currently I feel pretty bad at it, but I'm hopeful I'll improve with time.

Retro

I havent had the time to mess with SAB as much as I'd like. But generally for getting all the achievements, a couple of skins, and the like; is the Infinite Continue Coin worth $10/30g or whatever?

If you plan to do Tribulation mode, absolutely.

If you don't, but still like SAB, sure; there's at least two more worlds they're going to add at some point, so it'll save you time / baubles later.

If you don't particularly care for SAB, especially after seeing the increased difficulty of World 2, probably best to skip it.

Mxrz

If you plan to do Tribulation mode, absolutely.

If you don't, but still like SAB, sure; there's at least two more worlds they're going to add at some point, so it'll save you time / baubles later.

If you don't particularly care for SAB, especially after seeing the increased difficulty of World 2, probably best to skip it.

Thanks, I went ahead and bought it. Hopefully it'll work for all the future stuff, too.

I finally got to lvl80! Btw those tips were very helpful and speed up the process very quickly. Too bad I couldn't do any of the dungeons because I solo'd this whole lvl80 fiasco, and crafting I couldn't do because I barely if ever harvested for onions, carrots, etc (most of the stuff I needed for my recipes were harvesting vegetables and plats which I didn't have any of) to make my cooking better. Weapon smithing was out too since I wasn't mining either.

I mostly went through past areas just getting waypoints, points of interest, and skill point challenges. The story missions helped too but later on they are unbearable (some lvl 76 mission had me
going to 4 different ritual pillars so the Than guy could do a ritual, that was the most tedious task ever I'm so glad I finished it
). I still have a few story missions left but I'll get to them eventually. The number one thing I want to do is try out PvP and WvW and all the other online features I've been missing out on.

Now I gotta do some research on how to play warriors correctly when fighting opponents, what's the best skills for them to have, and traits. It'll also be nice to even know what to do during these PvP and WvW matches instead of going in there the blind noob lol.

Mxrz

I always recommend soldiers gear for people new to the game, at least with armor. Its easy to get via either karma/temples, or Catacombs / Heart of the waves. Then switching over to knights or Zerker as you learn dungeons/dodging and the like.

Axe / mace with Greatsword or rifle on swap seems to be the most common warrior setup. I tend to favor axe/axe myself. Skills are kind of all over, but Healing Signet and Signet of Rage are two I always have up.

Core Zero

Does anyone know if the tower with the rolling gong in SAB 2-2 (Normal) is one shot for completion? I blew my last continue at that point and said screw it, because World 2 up to that point is really just a load of BS, and that took the cake. I really want to know if they would be so sadistic as to make that trick a one chance only.

Overall, SAB World 2 is REALLY disappointing. I loved World 1, and this sort of thing should be right up my alley, but World 2 is just wrong on so many levels to me. Has really soured me on the game. And I'm cynical enough to believe this is a cash grab for people buying the Infinite Coin. So frustrated right now.

Corsick

Hey guys, just bought the game and am about to DL it. My name will be Corsick. I've no idea if I will stick with this, but I've wanted to try this game for a while and finally had a means to get it for free with the giftcard. I'll be on Stormbluff Isle since it's the gaf server. I'll be exploring on my own for the most part at first though. Thanks for the responses earlier!

Corsick

Awesome. We hope you enjoy it. Would you like an invite to the guild? Just double checking.

Naw not now, I think once I get higher level I'll want to do more group oriented things. I'm a bit of an individualist in MMOs (ironic I know) until I find my way naturally. I like to explore a bit aimlessly with minimal chatter. I may take you up on that later though :).

Hey guys, just bought the game and am about to DL it. My name will be Corsick. I've no idea if I will stick with this, but I've wanted to try this game for a while and finally had a means to get it for free with the giftcard. I'll be on Stormbluff Isle since it's the gaf server. I'll be exploring on my own for the most part at first though. Thanks for the responses earlier!

Awesome. Welcome. Free is the best price :)
I can respect you want to go on your own early on. Thats was how i played my first 2 months. It was great. When i joined GAF Guild, the game took on a whole new level of greatness. I do hope you join the guild eventually. Fun in-game chat, and if you ever need help someone will surely answer a question, or hop over to help you with something that may give be giving you trouble. Nonetheless, we're all here to just have fun. I hope you enjoy playing!

Levyne

Banned
I'll have my axe by the end of the day friday probably. Just gotta keep gathering fragments to turn into stars. I want it real bad don't judge :/

Mxrz

I had to boot a pug from a dungeon tonight. Being able to deal with idiots quickly and effectively is very nice feature.

jersoc

impressions of trib mode after 5 minutes.

its stupid. its not even hard fair. it just fuck you because fuck you hard.

i say this as someone who beat the souls games. not sure if i have the patience for stupid random deaths.

impressions of trib mode after 5 minutes.

its stupid. its not even hard fair. it just fuck you because fuck you hard.

i say this as someone who beat the souls games. not sure if i have the patience for stupid random deaths.
Congratulations you are not a masochist, and that is good.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I think I grinded super adventure box so much the first time around (for all skins) that after doing it once last night I lost the will to go on.

...so I got two months of gamefly to catch up on all the games I missed in the last year. SAB'd out.

I think I grinded super adventure box so much the first time around (for all skins) that after doing it once last night I lost the will to go on.

...so I got two months of gamefly to catch up on all the games I missed in the last year. SAB'd out.
Don't kid yourself on trying to finish the games from Gamefly, you know you will just come back to GW2 because you love doing them dungeons.

Lunar15

Keep expectations in check, but I have a feeling that Halloween/Mad King is going to be a big push. Not sure what that means execution wise, but marketing wise, it'll be a push.

SAB tribulation mode is so much easier with an asuran instead of having charr ass in the way.

SAB is 3D I Wanna Be The Guy. Which is awesome. I almost finished that game.

Never gonna play Last of Us, am I?

I think you should play that game for sure because it is awesome but it took me way to long to finish that game because even though it is awesome, I'm not addicted to it like I am with Guild Wars 2 so I kept putting it off for GW2 always.

Kuraine

Neo Member
Keep expectations in check, but I have a feeling that Halloween/Mad King is going to be a big push. Not sure what that means execution wise, but marketing wise, it'll be a push.

Not sure what marketing has in store, but I'd look more toward the update prior to Halloween :)

Not sure what marketing has in store, but I'd look more toward the update prior to Halloween :)

Aren't you a certain "leaf" from a certain MMO company?

*after investigation*

Hi, Leif!
Are you a GAFALONIAN? (GAFALONIAN, a memeber of GAF Guild in Guild Wars 2).

PS: You talking about Sept 17th update or October 1st?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I think you should play that game for sure because it is awesome but it took me way to long to finish that game because even though it is awesome, I'm not addicted to it like I am with Guild Wars 2 so I kept putting it off for GW2 always.

My OCD makes me stick to one game at a time. No way I'll be able to juggle. Dark times are ahead.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wouldn't the 1st be the Halloween update anyway because it is usually a 1 month event?
Shadow of the Mad King began on Octobor 22nd! :eek:
whynotboth?.jpg
For reals.
I feel like playing this game again for some reason.

Is that Super box thing open permanently?
Nope, but each time it returns all of the previous stuff (including achievements) is available in addition to whatever's new. This release brings World 2, and Tribulation Mode (read: masochism the game) for both 1 and 2, and it will be available for the month of September.

Lunar15

Yeah, there might be some buzz around Tequatl Rising too. We'll see!

Also, the history of Gafalon is one of tragedy and rebirth.

What's worth buying in the gem store? The Salvage-O-Matic and unlimited gathering tools are intriguing. I'm really digging the game and plan on playing for awhile so I'll probably drop some cash into it soon.

pyros

I wish the salvage o matic had a higher percentage of recovery rate, at least a fine kit
or be modular by absorbing more copper for higher success rates.

I use a mystic salvage kit for everything below yellow and black lion kit for everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom