• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What's worth buying in the gem store? The Salvage-O-Matic and unlimited gathering tools are intriguing. I'm really digging the game and plan on playing for awhile so I'll probably drop some cash into it soon.
The Unlimited Gathering Tools aren't always available in the store, and I am borderline idiotic when it comes to buying replacement tools, so those were all more than worth it for me on my most-played character. I should really consider grabbing one or two for alts as well before they're gone...

The salvage-o-matic is mad convenient now that the blues and greens of the world are meant to be salvage.

Depending on your armor class some of the armors are actually pretty sweet.

I find merchant, TP, and bank expresses to come in handy, but you can pick up a fair few of them without spending any gems.

Inventory slots, bank slots, and character slots.

I finally have all 3 gathering tools on my mes. You guys think the salvage o matic is worth it then for just the blues and greens? I have to buy salvage kits daily now. And I buy 4+ at a time.

I need to pick up the salvage thing and the gathering tools. The extra bank slots have come in really handy. But maybe I should stop hoarding so much stuff.

Retro

Hmm, new build available in the next hour or two... nothing on the releases page, but probably just a bug fix.

Edit: Also, FYI, the once-a-day-per-account digging and chests in SAB applies to all modes. I thought I'd see if you could dig in the same places in Infantile mode, but no dice. Just in case anyone wanted to try it or something.

LkPr

For anyone who uses the gamepad set-up (Hawkian) ... have you changed the binding to have AOE loot something other then "F"?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SUPER ADVENTURE BOX: BACK TO SCHOOL
Fixed a bug that prevented the rare tradable Super Hammer Skin from dropping in zone completion chests.
Fixed a bug that prevented the Tiptoe achievement from being awarded properly.
Fixed a bug that prevented the Baby’s Second Super Adventure achievement from being completed.
Added a warning message before entering the Super Adventure Box from Rata Sum: purchased buffs and all other types of buffs will be lost upon entering Super Adventure Box.
Fixed a bug that prevented the Tough Customer achievement from being awarded.
Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to loot the chests from World 2-3 in both Normal Mode and Tribulation Mode on the same day.
Fixed a bug that prevented players who had completed World 1’s Infantile Mode in April from accessing World 2’s Infantile Mode without completing World 1-3 again.
BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
Fixed a bug that caused a client crash when players attempted to sell a deleted item on the Trading Post.

Good LORD, the bold must have pissed people off.
For anyone who uses the gamepad set-up (Hawkian) ... have you changed the binding to have AOE loot something other then "F"?
I personally have not. I have "AoE Loot on Interact" checked in the general options and did not bind AoE Loot as a separate function to anything.

LkPr

Hmm, new build available in the next hour or two... nothing on the releases page, but probably just a bug fix.

Edit: Also, FYI, the once-a-day-per-account digging and chests in SAB applies to all modes. I thought I'd see if you could dig in the same places in Infantile mode, but no dice. Just in case anyone wanted to try it or something.

beaten

Nope, but each time it returns all of the previous stuff (including achievements) is available in addition to whatever's new. This release brings World 2, and Tribulation Mode (read: masochism the game) for both 1 and 2, and it will be available for the month of September.

Looks like I have plenty of time then.

Thanks for the info.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Wouldn't it be more efficient to just make mystic salvage kits? Easier to keep 250 use in stock than a 25 use salvage kit and it has 80% chance of retrieving rares.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wouldn't it be more efficient to just make mystic salvage kits? Easier to keep 250 use in stock than a 25 use salvage kit and it has 80% chance of retrieving rares.
Rather than just "not being a good deal," using a Mystic (or Master's) salvage kit on greens or blues is actually a waste of money. :(

Lunar15

800 sounds fine.

Also, other people on Reddit were talking about how SAB's graphics gave them headaches and made them feel nauseous, so I guess I'm not the only one. I never get motion sickness and I've rarely ever felt sick from a game, so I wonder what it is about SAB that gets me. Part of it might be the contrast between your character's textures and the textures of the area. I don't know.

The only other time a game made me feel sick was Quantum Conundrum for some reason. I still don't know what it was that made me feel sick, but I absolutely couldn't play that game any longer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Huh. Looks like Fractals are the new hotness for Karma. Very clever. Normally I can deduce all of the implications of their changes pretty quickly but I didn't get that one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Let us know how you like it and errything

edit: Reminder: Guild Event Tonight, we'll be checking out some of the more rarely-done daily content in the game (all of which of course gives out some quantity of ascended mats now), and probably accepting requests after that- most of these are quite short.

edit: Reminder: Guild Event Tonight, we'll be checking out some of the more rarely-done daily content in the game (all of which of course gives out some quantity of ascended mats now), and probably accepting requests after that- most of these are quite short.

I think after those events the Gafalonians are gonna have to slap a karka!

I bought the Salvage-o-matic today because to lazy to go back to merchant all the time just to buy salvage kits.

I have work until around 10:30pm ET tonight, but if the guild is still doing stuff together by then, I'll definitely want to get in on it.

Giard

Started leveling up Artificer. I'm at 425 now I believe, any tips to get to 450? Something that wouldn't be too expensive?

Levyne

Banned
Um. You have to discover Pearl Weapons pretty much...so that takes ori and ancient, and for artificer it's mostly ancient because only the trident head takes ori iirc (and the plated dowels)

So...it's going to be expensive.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How many hours from now?

Sorry, our event is at 9:00PM EDT or roughly 4.5 hours from now. I may be a little late (dinner part 2) but hope to get home before 8:30.
I have work until around 10:30pm ET tonight, but if the guild is still doing stuff together by then, I'll definitely want to get in on it.
Hey something or other will be going on.
Started leveling up Artificer. I'm at 425 now I believe, any tips to get to 450? Something that wouldn't be too expensive?
Um. You have to discover Pearl Weapons pretty much...so that takes ori and ancient, and for artificer it's mostly ancient because only the trident head takes ori iirc (and the plated dowels)

So...it's going to be expensive.
Well, shruggly, but if you're really interested in going for it, I'd just recommend gathering the mats you need (or as many as you can; remember nodes are per character per 24 hours) rather than buying them. The market is bananas right now and rather easy to take advantage of.

Levyne

Banned
Unless you are impatient like me and already got all three to 500 -_-

At least anything I gather now can go straight to the tp.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn impressive man.

I realized last night I'm not sure which to get to 500 first cause I'm not even sure what weapon I want first. Then I realized I'm really only interested in the skins :p I love the pistol, but I want two. Sooo yeah. I wonder about the focus, too. hmm...

I've also realized I want to upgrade my Mesmer's Super staff to yellow. So.......... yeah again.

edit: Wonder if my dreams of Mesmer 2H shield will ever become a reality. comeonitwouldbesogood

Mxrz

Did they nerf the baubles from the dig sites, or am I doing it wrong? Going by Dulfy's guide, I get about half the listed baubles at each one.

Levyne

Banned
Ranger weapons are pretty evenly split between Hunts and Weapons, and after that point it was pretty much a "why the hell not" for artificer.

Lunar15

Not that I think it will make a huge impact, but there is this tiny, first game in the national football league of america tonight around that time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did they nerf the baubles from the dig sites, or am I doing it wrong? Going by Dulfy's guide, I get about half the listed baubles at each one.
Yeah I dunno. The one 40 bauble I always used to get is a 5 now o.o

Apparently there are all new secrets and stuff though.

I agree lets get Karka!
She tasks us; and we shall have her.
Not that I think it will make a huge impact, but there is this tiny, first game in the national football league of america tonight around that time.
Broncos and Ravens fans are excused

Ashodin

Yeah I dunno. The one 40 bauble I always used to get is a 5 now o.o

Apparently there are all new secrets and stuff though.

She tasks us; and we shall have her.

Broncos and Ravens fans are excused

Karka Queen died in 1 minute after reset. No joke.

Luigi87

Compiled what remains in order for me to get Incinerator.
Spark
250 Platinum Ingots
95 Destroyer Lodestones
93 Molten Lodestones
102 Ghost Peppers
101 Globs of Ectoplasm (to complete Gift of Fortune)
100 Icy Runestones​

So close... So far...

Shiokazu

wont be able to attend, university stuff, relatories,
depression...

what about doing some dungeons this weekend?

oh btw, i realized one thing: I WANT TO MAKE A SUNRISE.

once i get the gear to withstand the legend on the making, it'll be time to play that Okami song.

Giard

Well, shruggly, but if you're really interested in going for it, I'd just recommend gathering the mats you need (or as many as you can; remember nodes are per character per 24 hours) rather than buying them. The market is bananas right now and rather easy to take advantage of.

Thanks for that! The yellow path is really useful.

Thanks for getting the guild together tonight for events. Successful invasion, finally finished Vexa's Lab, showed up late to whatever that mini dungeon was, 3 exotics, almost 10 gold, quite a bit of magic find gained. All this while I was mostly distracted by the Bronco game too.

pyros

Today's meet up had, great locations, great loot and great company, thanks to the officers and GafGuild

Levyne

Banned
Some fan-fucking tastic CoE runs today. Some weird bugs (immovable bjarl for instance) and we still ran all 3 paths in 80 minutes.

SAB is cool... but the main game is cooler. I don't know, I can't spend 10 minutes in SAB before I feel like leaving and doing something out in the "real" world. I'll probably grind out the mini and the vanity gear from SAB and be done with it. I've got too much on my plate to work on all the achievements and stuff.

jersoc

yeah, and i'm pretty sure some sab achievements are bugged. i never got credit for finding all the baubles in zone 2. that shit took like an hour with way too much back tracking. not sure i'm down to do that again any time soon.

i'll try trib mode this weekend if i have time and i dont finish for the weapons whatever. im building a backlog of games cause of these updates already :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom