• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

datamined new armor sets on reddit

welp I know what my next armor will be

PhTdecp.jpg

Also someone found this, but I'm pretty sure it's photochopped

Oh, and another thing they left out for SAB - The School Outfits that were data-mined months ago.

As useless as Town Clothings are, I would buy it for this specific character (very large image, sorry) cause she has to make-down every once in a while.

Moondrop

Banned
Leaked patch notes suggest base and coefficient healing increases for healing shout warriors. For great justice!

Signet of paralyzation rounding bug will be corrected however. At least I won't be accused of being FOTM any more in sPvP.

Lunar15

Heh, I liked the paragraph about how Colin was pretty empathetic towards how Josh himself was doing with the update.

Honestly, it sounds like numbers were down more so because of the fact that it's not as grindable as the original SAB. But honestly, I think that's better for the game in the long run that they stick by that attitude. Creating content to that's enjoyable due to how grindable it is exploits certain human behaviors that I don't think is all that good for the game or the players.

I think they'll lure back any players that were turned off by SAB with the next Mad King update. That was a really popular update, and I think they're probably going to do a great job at refining it.

Pretty clothes for all you crazy ass female playing cosplayer fanboy-girl kawaii types (Complistic, Lunar, Sophia)

All I want is to be the prettiest princess! >_>

Next character gonna be a sylvari male though, check it.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm, sideways move on Healing spring and some GS love for Ranger. Better than nothing.

Love the stun breaker change. (If true)

Moondrop

Banned
Engineers appear to be getting a significant buff. Eles appear to be getting a nice buff as well if I'm reading correctly; my staff ele may return.

And while I agree the Healing Spring change is "sideways," it's a big boost to condition removal for solo play.

Back to warrior, swapping Lung Capacity to Tier I should allow me to pick Shrug It Off from Tier II, thereby giving me four healing shouts. This will be glorious.

Lunar15

New Fact System: Added trait facts. Showing linked skills in traits. Traits and skills update facts when affects by other traits.

I think this is more important to new players than people realize.

Levyne

Banned
Healing spring will also be good (still) for dungeons we you can park it on a boss you have the group melee-ing. And 10s is still plenty of time for whatever blast finishers you want to use.

Edit: Oh wow, Neko is probably going to love the buffs to lightning hammer.

xeris

Very interesting read about Josh Foreman on his blog.

http://www.joshuaforeman.blogspot.ca/

I hate to say it, but he's incredibly misinformed on comedy and the history of comedy. He ignores the fact that some of that early "slapstick" had serious social commentary and that humor in the 50's was more than Jerry Lewis. He came close to something when he made the rather obvious point that satire can lose something out of the context of its time, but doesn't seem to get that the same thing will be true of modern humor as well.

Oh and yeah, was interesting to read his take on SAB too.

Jira

Which servers are full of players? I feel like I rarely see anyone outside of LA in Crystal Desert

Well may I ask where you're playing zone wise? Most people are either in low level zones, level 80 zones, where an invasion might be (any zone from 25-80 except Orr and Southsun), doing whatever the current Living Story content is (SAB in this case), in dungeons, world bosses, Fractals, WvW, or sPvP. Point being there's probably a shit ton of people out in the world, just not in the zones you're leveling in cause the bulk of players are doing very specific things. No matter what server you move to, you're not going to see a ton of people in say Lornar's Pass unless an invasion is happening. It's the simple fact that over time everyone hits 80 and less people are actually leveling. I mean these last few updates have done a lot to get people out into the world doing JPs, minidungeons, champ hunting, guild missions, etc but there isn't a continued reason to be in say Lornar's once you did the JP there or an invasion unless you're gathering at level 80. It's something that they're working on and have already made large strides to get people into the whole world but it's not at the point where it's on a consistent basis.

TL;DR: People are all over the world and in some cases in very specific places for a certain amount of time at a certain point in the day. I'm taking SWATHS of people, at times hundreds in a single zone but for a very specific reason (invasions). What you're not going to see is 50 people leveling all at once in a level 40 zone at this point, it's really something that just doesn't happen after the first month or so of an MMO launch.

Made adjustments to click targeting to make it more precise

Nice. A maddening thing about playing this game on a 5760x1080 resolution is that clicking anything is very inaccurate. I could click two inches away from someone and it would target them.

Moondrop

Banned
Oh wow, Neko is probably going to love the buffs to lightning hammer.

The line about the Static Field is ambiguous because it's the same name as the Ele Staff skill, and that skill tip says its radius is 180 compared to 240 already on that of the hammer. Nevertheless, my lightning hammer build may return as well. Maybe lightning hammer will be viable in sPvP!

And I'll believe Rune of Lyssa is truly fixed when I see it. (Referring to the bug I reported in which the 6th rune ability can be interrupted separately from the skill itself.)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
9730823923_80a1530bc0_o.jpg

Retro was 100% right!
Too good. My hype muscles are activated

Wait what leaked patch notes where huh whao
Oh HELLZ yes
I hate to say it, but he's incredibly misinformed on comedy and the history of comedy. He ignores the fact that some of that early "slapstick" had serious social commentary and that humor in the 50's was more than Jerry Lewis. He came close to something when he made the rather obvious point that satire can lose something out of the context of its time, but doesn't seem to get that the same thing will be true of modern humor as well.
<3 You were loving all that 50s slapstick back in your late 20s, amirite?

I mock only out of love and respect
TL;DR: People are all over the world and in some cases in very specific places for a certain amount of time at a certain point in the day. I'm taking SWATHS of people, at times hundreds in a single zone but for a very specific reason (invasions). What you're not going to see is 50 people leveling all at once in a level 40 zone at this point, it's really something that just doesn't happen after the first month or so of an MMO launch.
Frankly I never saw 50 people leveling in a 40 zone even at launch. There are quite a number to choose from at any given moment plus I'm sure some players did what I did and started pushing their limits and going into zones/areas "too high" for them. But it's weird, I thought CD was fairly high pop, and I'm seeing handfuls of people just out in random locales now more than in the three months prior.

Really though, at launch there was no reason for 50 people to be in Harathi even though Ulgoth was up, his chest was worthless. Of course, things are different now and even though it's every bit as quiet the rest of the time, now when he is up you can see a crowd of 50 without breaking a sweat. Hell our most recent Karka Hunt created an overflow in Southsun Cove. Southsun.

Anyway SBI rocks I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
UNCONFIRMED LEAKED PATCH NOTES

Pastebin Patch Notes

UNCONFIRMED LEAKED PATCH NOTES

The targeting adjustments should make Soph happy too, assuming they are worthwhile improvements.

Quality of life/general gameplay stuff all up the wazoo in here... dang. Based on the formatting/writing style and the spot-on accuracy of the previous pastebin leak, I'd guess accurate. But also not getting my hopes up because this is a fairly high amount of awesome.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Numerous straight buffs to my already totally kickass Ice Bow. Now i'm skeptical coz this is sounding too good.

edit: Guardians are now party required healers?
Healing Breeze: Doubled the base heal when healing allies. Increased the healing scaling from 20% to 40% when healing allies.
Jeeeeeez that seems big. Granted it was a useless nothing skill before afaik

Moondrop

Banned
: Guardians are now party required healers?

Don't bring that in here when healing shout warriors received their first buff since launch. :p

I can't wait to see the math. My character could end up putting out 3k+ HP per shout over 4 shouts on shorter cooldowns.

xeris

<3 You were loving all that 50s slapstick back in your late 20s, amirite?

Nah, the 50's were after my time. I was more a fan of Jack Benny and Burns & Allen on the radio before they got their TV shows. Although I did like those young kids Martin & Lewis, but mostly for Dean Martin.

Seriously, my parents say my tastes are even too old for them

Complistic

All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

someone explain this to me.

Proven

If the stunbreaker change is true I'll hopefully get to see my Charr somersault in mid air to counter a Guardian golf swing.

someone explain this to me.

Their application.

Remember when the game came out last year and sPvP players quickly complained about infinite Retaliation Guardian builds?

This means that the total duration of the boon is capped at the combined duration of the last five applications. This means stuff like swiftness, which you could stack to last for hours with certain builds or friends, will now stack for about a minute at most.

It also reigns in a lot of boon duration builds. And gets rid of infinite poison and burning from certain PvE moments.

Edit: All of the earlier internal cooldown changes to traits that gave boons every second to every three to five seconds now make more sense too.

Edit2: They're now buffing all minions. I wonder how much WvW might rage. Still too much damage once you get above 10v10 though.

Proven

They... finally are changing the life siphon traits to scale (a small amount) with power and healing power. I... might finally be able to make the Vampiric build I first wanted to make while leveling my Necromancer.

Taffer

They... finally are changing the life siphon traits to scale (a small amount) with power and healing power. I... might finally be able to make the Vampiric build I first wanted to make while leveling my Necromancer.

Those traits have always looked interesting but were famously broke, if they do get this buff I'll be trying it out too.

Retro

I still haven't hopped into World 2 yet and for all I know I'll think it's as horrible as Retro does, but even so I really, really hope that SAB still comes back and gets some love however long it takes.

Missed this since it was at the tail end of the last page, but I don't think it's horrible so much as I think it's disappointing. I think it's pretty safe to say that my affection for all things retro gaming is well known, and that I was a huge fan of the first SAB should come as no surprise either. That's why seeing the state of World 2 makes me react so negatively.

That big long write-up wasn't because I am angry or think it's horrible. It's because I love what SAB represents and want it to be awesome. Josh Foreman's heart was in the right place and you can tell he has a passion for what he does, but as he's stated; a lot of things went wrong at or close to the same time, and he got caught up in all of the new features that he didn't give them room to breathe.

Lung Capacity: This trait has been moved to tier 1.
Oh, fuck yeah.

As a healing shout warrior, allow me to also add a "Oh, fuck yeah." here too. Freeing up that Tier 2 slot has some real potential; additional longbow damage to burning targets will fit my condition build better than any of the existing Tier 1, and I won't have to nerf my shouts to do it...

But even better is access to Lung Capacity, Quick Breathing and Vigorous Shouts at the same time. With my current build using Soldier Runes, with a Warhorn, I will be able to clear 4 conditions, but also convert an additional condition into a boon every 12 seconds... and I'm pretty sure the warhorn also clears an extra condition, if the wiki is correct. That's a LOT of condi removal, plus swiftness and vigor.

Not something I would use all the time, but in WvW I usually roll with a Warhorn anyways for the swiftness. Very useful for support there.

Basically an hour of a guy who claims to have been in the alpha bitching that nobody listened to his advice on sPVP/WvW. Sour Grapes, mostly, and a lot of rambling with a thick accent... but he reveals who he is and leaks a bit of info, so I hope somebody at ArenaNet comes down on his ass.

As a healing shout warrior, allow me to also add a "Oh, fuck yeah." here too. Freeing up that Tier 2 slot has some real potential; additional longbow damage to burning targets will fit my condition build better than any of the existing Tier 1, and I won't have to nerf my shouts to do it...

But even better is access to Lung Capacity, Quick Breathing and Vigorous Shouts at the same time. With my current build using Soldier Runes, with a Warhorn, I will be able to clear 4 conditions, but also convert an additional condition into a boon every 12 seconds... and I'm pretty sure the warhorn also clears an extra condition, if the wiki is correct. That's a LOT of condi removal, plus swiftness and vigor.
To clarify, this is why I was so happy. I hated having to choose between lung capacity and quick breathing.

Retro

As a healing shout warrior almost from lauch, that's why I was so happy.

Yep, when I hit 80 and first started looking into a build, the idea of a support warrior stood out to me. I was originally running banners but after a few dungeon runs with Keoni and Co., I ended up adapting a WvW build for PVE, dropping the warhorn for more damage.

Proven

It's the leader of Red Guard.

Edit: And he's not the actual leaker of the patch notes. He took them from a friend he's keeping anonymous. He's been blacklisted from the alpha/test servers since GW2 launched.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No chance Sacrx is just trolling with these notes? There's no other source.

How Anet closes each thread:
Hello all,
As a reminder, we remove threads which are speculation and not accurate. When you come across things like this, you have to remember that nothing is set in stone until we release it to the public.

Anno

Perfect Inscriptions: This trait now increases the effectiveness of the condition removal passive on Signet of Resolve.

Curious what this means, assuming these notes are accurate. Since dropping Soldier runes and going away from Pure of Voice conditions have become far more annoying. Not sure if anything is worth replacing Shelter in WvW, but I'm open for some convincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom