• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

I am in concurrence that staggered release of the new LFG tool is in our best interest.
...LFLFG Tool!

Won't be much longer.

TrounceX

I think we have a way to before T1. I really wouldn't mind it. WvW seems a lot more fun now. I guess it helps that there's actual commanders again.

Well, that's pretty much the understatement of the century, as there's literally no possible way SBI crawls it's way back up to T1. I can't stress that enough. League 1 maybe, and I think people are getting the two confused.

Retro said:
If we end up in the higher tiers, that means long queues, boring Coverage Wars and a lot of irritable commanders making map chat / Teamspeak unpleasant. No thanks.

Well, I guess besides the queues (which are really only an issue on Fri/Sat nights) I don't understand why you would be against moving up a few tiers. Realize that neither map chat nor TS trolls necessarily have to affect you at all. Just block the annoying people and don't use TS, the end.

And coverage wars? I really don't understand how that would affect a casual PvX player like most of GAF is. Just don't worry about PPT and let the hardcore take care of it?

Now on the upside, due to the population increase, you should be able to hop into WvW any time of the day and find at least some action. I mean that's why I left SBI in the first place. If it's not EB during NA primetime good luck finding anything interesting going on.

Katoki

Yep. If it weren't for the league system, I'm pretty sure we expected to sit at around T2/T3 or so. With the league system, we are still expecting to at least sit somewhere in the middle of the gold league which is perfectly fine. The way things are going, there's no challenge in the silver league (13-24th place) because as you can see, either Borlis Pass and Yak's Bend are tanking their way down right now, or we've just been making up for everything with all the people looking for new homes for the "war effort." Make no mistake, we still have guilds looking to join SBI right now and we will continue to rise again.

We WILL end up playing against JQ, SoR, and BG at some point or another while we're in the gold league when it starts. However, since we still have guilds coming in, I curious as to the state of things up in T1 because our newer players that may have joined after the exodus are hungry. I'm not sure if it's for the fights we've been going through or for the points to bragging rights bit. To top that off, the guilds we have acquired do fight for the borderlands now leaving EB to the general population to karma train under the more popular EB commanders. In general though they say EB runs itself and people that graduate from there will start fighting for the borderlands more fiercely.

I mean that's why I left SBI in the first place. If it's not EB during NA primetime good luck finding anything interesting going on.

Be seein' ya on the other side when it starts. We've also been sitting at 400-500 PPT outside of prime time lately, hitting 600 last night and getting a WP up in EB at blue keep with green keep halfway upgraded when I logged for the night. In fact, I tend to avoid prime time unless they need help in the borderlands.

Levyne

Banned
The lake is so uninteresting and unimportant that I'll be interesting to see how having the whole swath of the map potentially mean something plays out.

Lunar15

Scholars are worse than Ruby Orbs on pure stats, but they give a 10% bonus to damage at high health, which counteracts that. When I did the math for my character's stats (mesmer with mostly zerk gear), it turned out that I break even on damage if I'm at above 90% health for at least 21% of the time, which isn't really hard to do. That threshhold changes depending on what your stats are (goes up with higher power and down with higher precision / crit damage), but I don't think it will change all that much in general.

Even if at full health 100% of the time, it's only like a 7% damage increase for me. Low health 100% of the time is about a 2% damage drop.

Thanks, it's just that scholar runes are wayyy more expensive, and I'm just not sure what the benefit is.

TrounceX

Yep. If it weren't for the league system, I'm pretty sure we expected to sit at around T2/T3 or so. With the league system, we are still expecting to at least sit somewhere in the middle of the gold league which is perfectly fine. The way things are going, there's no challenge in the silver league (13-24th place) because as you can see, either Borlis Pass and Yak's Bend are tanking their way down right now, or we've just been making up for everything with all the people looking for new homes for the "war effort." Make no mistake, we still have guilds looking to join SBI right now and we will continue to rise again.

We WILL end up playing against JQ, SoR, and BG at some point or another while we're in the gold league when it starts. However, since we still have guilds coming in, I curious as to the state of things up in T1 because our newer players that may have joined after the exodus are hungry. I'm not sure if it's for the fights we've been going through or for the points to bragging rights bit. To top that off, the guilds we have acquired do fight for the borderlands now leaving EB to the general population to karma train under the more popular EB commanders. In general though they say EB runs itself and people that graduate from there will start fighting for the borderlands more fiercely.

Be seein' ya on the other side when it starts. We've also been sitting at 400-500 PPT outside of prime time lately, hitting 600 last night and getting a WP up in EB at blue keep with green keep halfway upgraded when I logged for the night. In fact, I tend to avoid prime time unless they need help in the borderlands.

I can see SBI maybe breaking into T3 and stealing Ehmry Bay's spot. Mag and SoS are not particularly strong but they are coverage nightmares, so I can't really say.

Retro

Realize that neither map chat nor TS trolls necessarily have to affect you at all. Just block the annoying people and don't use TS, the end.

Oh, it wasn't the trolls, it was the commanders and their flock. Sitting in and listening to Teamspeak on Friday night reminded me just how bad the typical 'gamer banter' is, and how happy I am that we're spawned from NeoGAF. I've gotten so used to certain kinds of behavior being gone thanks to GAF's policies that to hear it again was kind of shocking. I won't go into the exact details since they're ban-worthy here, but Star Player and his guild reminded me of the crap I used to hear from kids on X-Box Live. Mocking people with accents, homophobic slurs, rape comments... stuff like that. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for the female players (there was at least one that I heard) or any gay players who were listening in. Kinda disgusting.

The alternative is to not listen to Team Speak and not contribute meaningfully to WvW, which is something I want to do. Map chat is generally okay, but the majority of the strategy is going on over voice comms. It was probably that specific guild, but if that's what can be expected of "hardcore WvW guilds", count me out.

And coverage wars? I really don't understand how that would affect a casual PvX player like most of GAF is. Just don't worry about PPT and let the hardcore take care of it?

That's kind of the point, it does affect the casual PvX player because it makes WvW an exercise in futility for them, because the tactics don't allow them to contribute meaningfully. When WvW devolves into coverage wars, the average player can't do much more than flip camps because they have people sitting around babysitting everything else, ready to call the zerg in at the first sign of attack. In the lower tiers, we've been able to run a group or two of GAFers and actually cap stuff. For example, Neko had about a group and a half a week or so ago, and we actually did stuff that contributed to the game. That sort of thing can't happen in Tier 1, or at least it didn't when we played there.

Basically, the higher tiers reminds me of trench warfare; everyone sits on what they've got and waits for the other guy to stick his head up or the heavy artillery to arrive. For me, it was boring because nothing could be accomplished unless you ate, drank and slept WvW. I'm sure that's fun for some people, but given the way most of GAF avoided WvW and the way the SBI.com community welcomed leaving the lower tiers, I don't think I'm alone in my casual attitude. I hope all of these new WvW guilds moving to SBI don't expect a notoriously PVE-centric server to suddenly rally around them because they say so.

Katoki

People transferring in from other servers are made aware of our WvW AND PvE standing so they know what they're getting into.

As for right now, we are already encountering trench warfare with these servers. It usually always includes having to run through who knows how many arrow carts to even initiate a fight.

I'm also very aware how people feel about Star and it's understandable. Right now with TE, we run as a commando guild group looking for the "tough" fights. I happen to enjoy wading through lots of incoming circles and surviving to fight so that's what keeps me playing but I don't agree with Neko getting GAF to follow him anymore because that's not what a lot of people are signing up nor are ready for. So far these guys are especially trenched in and the problem is Star went from favorite EB karma train commander (for leveling and free points and loot) to commando leader-in-training. People see his tag and then rush to follow him and die so the players are getting put off and we are stuck fighting "zombies" because anyone that goes down gets rallied. Then since he's still transitioning over to this new role he's still king of everywhere and prone to the anger, disappointment and other such feelings regular people get. That's just the way I see it from being in GAF and TE and I'm trying to find a middle ground for us.

I'm out right now posting on a phone so I guess I'll just add to the discussion as I see it since I can't see the other responses in post mode.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Going through the personal story in this game for the first time since I never bothered with the pve before, but what is with this game and it's tough ass decisions that you know have no long term implications on the story and that the story itself probably isn't all that great (already know the ending is disappointing) but goddamn it makes you stop and think .

Talking about the Charr storyline deciding whether your dodgy as shit father you barely know lives or dies, since he could either screw you over and potentially get you killed or he could have a reason for his dodgy ass ways. If this was some random dude the question wouldn't be half as hard (talking about from a game perspective not in real life) I mean the fact he refuses to tell you before you release him screams he's trying to screw you over but goddammit he's your father and while his decisions are quite stupid and shady as fuck he hasn't shown malice yet so you can't tell either way. Honestly I'm fairly certain the game takes the easy way out but in itself it's a very good loaded question. Much better than the hospital and orphanage one they advertised before launch.

Retro

I don't agree with Neko getting GAF to follow him anymore because that's not what a lot of people are signing up nor are ready for.

Well, what I meant by that comment is that a group of maybe 8-10 people could effectively capture objectives beyond camps; I think we grabbed two towers and helped a larger force take out Bay that night, along with the usual camp-nabbing and such. As we move higher up in tiers, the ability to do anything with less than a zerg is going to fall rather quickly. That means you either don't WvW beyond flipping camps or you throw in your lot with the zerg and just swarm everything. I get that WvW is meant to be a large scale conflict, but the lower tiers at least allowed a medium size group to do something. Our time in Tier 1 was black and white; zerg or die.

I liked the middle ground the lower tiers have, but maybe that's just because I approach WvW with the same attitude I approach the rest of GW2; it's a game and when I stop having fun I try a different part of it or just stop playing. I don't find the idea of beating my head against the same servers week after week enjoyable, which is why I (and probably a lot of other people) stopped doing WvW in the first place.

Then since he's still transitioning over to this new role he's still king of everywhere and prone to the anger, disappointment and other such feelings regular people get. That's just the way I see it from being in GAF and TE and I'm trying to find a middle ground for us.

His commentary on Teamspeak wasn't tinged with anger or disappointment, it was the usual 'gamer banter'; gay-bashing, rape comments, etc. He wasn't expressing emotions, he was just saying the usual crude trash that gamers spew. His leadership was very effective and he obviously knows what he was doing, but the banter just soured the evening and after a couple of hours I sort of had to take a break from having it poured in my ear non-stop. I mean, I'm not some sheltered, innocent individual who cries when he hears bad words, I just think NeoGAF's policies let me forget that's how people still talk in gaming and it took me by surprise. I guess since NeoGAF has made it so that sort of thing isn't 'acceptable' or even 'normal' for me, I kind of don't want to be associated with it.

Hearing those kind of comments just made me think how glad I am that nobody on GAF is running around saying that kind of stuff; I can count the number of times people have slipped up and needed a reminder on one hand. Say what you want about GAF, but that's one place where the forums (and the guild) are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the internet.

TrounceX

Oh, it wasn't the trolls, it was the commanders and their flock. Sitting in and listening to Teamspeak on Friday night reminded me just how bad the typical 'gamer banter' is, and how happy I am that we're spawned from NeoGAF. I've gotten so used to certain kinds of behavior being gone thanks to GAF's policies that to hear it again was kind of shocking. I won't go into the exact details since they're ban-worthy here, but Star Player and his guild reminded me of the crap I used to hear from kids on X-Box Live. Mocking people with accents, homophobic slurs, rape comments... stuff like that. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for the female players (there was at least one that I heard) or any gay players who were listening in. Kinda disgusting.

The alternative is to not listen to Team Speak and not contribute meaningfully to WvW, which is something I want to do. Map chat is generally okay, but the majority of the strategy is going on over voice comms. It was probably that specific guild, but if that's what can be expected of "hardcore WvW guilds", count me out.

That's kind of the point, it does affect the casual PvX player because it makes WvW an exercise in futility for them, because the tactics don't allow them to contribute meaningfully. When WvW devolves into coverage wars, the average player can't do much more than flip camps because they have people sitting around babysitting everything else, ready to call the zerg in at the first sign of attack. In the lower tiers, we've been able to run a group or two of GAFers and actually cap stuff. For example, Neko had about a group and a half a week or so ago, and we actually did stuff that contributed to the game. That sort of thing can't happen in Tier 1, or at least it didn't when we played there.

Basically, the higher tiers reminds me of trench warfare; everyone sits on what they've got and waits for the other guy to stick his head up or the heavy artillery to arrive. For me, it was boring because nothing could be accomplished unless you ate, drank and slept WvW. I'm sure that's fun for some people, but given the way most of GAF avoided WvW and the way the SBI.com community welcomed leaving the lower tiers, I don't think I'm alone in my casual attitude. I hope all of these new WvW guilds moving to SBI don't expect a notoriously PVE-centric server to suddenly rally around them because they say so.

I wrote a pretty big post rebutting most of what you said, but then I just deleted it.

Honestly, and I hope this doesn't come off as too offensive, but I get this huge "old man yells at cloud" vibe from all of this talk. Like, people are out there trying to play the mode how its supposed to be played, trying to improve, trying to WIN at something, and that's somehow not ok.

I mean, you're not gonna be able to grab 5 GAF members and PvDoor a tower during NA prime anymore. You're going to have to work for it a bit more, you're going to have to play the map, become more aware, communicate and coordinate with others to get things done - you're going to have to out-skill somebody else, but that's how it's supposed to be, that's how it's designed to be. That's the beauty of it.

Anyways, I got a little carried away after all and I'm probably arguing with a straw man at this point lol. I just hope you can understand where I'm coming from here.

Ashodin

I wrote a pretty big post rebutting most of what you said, but then I just deleted it.

Honestly, and I hope this doesn't come off as too offensive, but I get this huge "old man yells at cloud" vibe from all of this talk. Like, people are out there trying to play the mode how its supposed to be played, trying to improve, trying to WIN at something, and that's somehow not ok.
TTTT
I mean, you're not gonna be able to grab 5 GAF members and PvDoor a tower during NA prime anymore. You're going to have to work for it a bit more, you're going to have to play the map, become more aware, communicate and coordinate with others to get things done - you're going to have to out-skill somebody else, but that's how it's supposed to be, that's how it's designed to be. That's the beauty of it.

Anyways, I got a little carried away after all and I'm probably arguing with a straw man at this point lol. I just hope you can understand where I'm coming from here.

This is why i think havoc squads on the new capture points will kick ass.

Katoki

The general getting stuck with the same servers is understandable. As of right now the fights are still good and that's what I'm following him for. He said last night when talking to a prospective transfer guild from Kaineng was that if they recruited, they'd have a hard time we generally have more people to work with in WvW than we have in potential new guild members. He then said that if someone leaves his guild for another then it shouldn't be something to get upset over since it's basically that he wasn't providing for his guild as a leader.

As for the crude stuff, I think it's because of my age and how it's still normal to me despite rarely encountering that level of stuff from people. I can however say that we do have one female player that runs with the guild who may or may not have complained to him about it but generally I guess it's a matter of having a thicker skin.

As for the new role, I was taking about the Friday reset I think because he went through a series of zerg on zerg wipes from what I'm told and have gathered. In fact he's been tagging less to try and prevent the casualties the general population faces as well as to make it easier on us with the enemy rallying.

Levyne

Banned
I didn't even notice crude language. Not saying I heard it and ignored it; it didn't even register. I thought more people were upset at how "mean-spirited" he was.

I'm a very patient and forgiving person. I can also put up with a lot of stuff, but SAB World 2 has got to go. Throw the whole thing out, or at the very least have an internal save feature during the next update. Anything that takes more than two hours to complete NEEDS a fucking save feature. So far this "adventure" cost me 30 continue coins due to disconnecting - with no fault of my own - during specific areas within the levels. I've had to redo Master of Baubles in W2-2 as well as Assassin Killer because what-do-you-know, I disconnect at the end. And just now, at the very end of World 2 Zone 3 Boss in fucking Trebulation Mode, I disconnect. I can only image those sparks that spawn in the beginning are causing this problem for this level. Or maybe the level is buggy as hell since there where TWO music tracks playing at the same time and I was on the verge of just crashing it.

Don't think I left out World 2-1. I got to the end of that one and the logs weren't synchronized as the should be; thus rendering it impossible to complete. I lost a good forty lives before referring to a video guide that shows how easy it's supposed to be. Luckily (lololol), I remembered the long way though the dark-as-hell tunnel with the touchy-as-hell insta-deaths to finish that level.

I can't tell you the hours wasted - figuratively and literally - wasted (because I have nothing to show for it), in SAB World 2 so far. No, it's not my internet. I have a fifty meg internet connection with a latency of less than 20ms. No one else is using it; it's fucking fine.

Also, when is World 2 Zone 3 Master of Baubles going to get fixed? It's been broken this whole time and in two days the next big update hits.

Retro

I get this huge "old man yells at cloud" vibe from all of this talk. Like, people are out there trying to play the mode how its supposed to be played, trying to improve, trying to WIN at something, and that's somehow not ok.

You're may not even be aware of it, but this comment is not-so-subtly implying that anyone who doesn't have the "24/7 WvW-or-die" mentality is lazy, against improving the way they play or is somehow playing the game wrong.

The attitude and approach of Tier 1 is completely different from the lower tiers SBI was at. I enjoyed the lower tiers because it was a much more relaxed approach and a handful of players could still accomplish goals. Not some uncoordinated, unaware band of morons pounding on a door as you imply, but a group larger than a Havok squad and smaller than a zerg, When SBI was tier 1, everything felt like a numbers game where coverage (especially overnight) trumped tactics and skill. I like hopping into WvW for a few hours to do stuff and have fun, something Tier 1 doesn't allow; sue me if that's what I enjoy and is the kind of WvW experience I want to have.

Now, I'm not saying other people can't enjoy an ultra-competitive, bash-your-head-against-the-wall 24/7 style of play, nor are they playing it 'wrong' either. I'm just saying that's not my cup of tea and I hope that SBI doesn't get dragged into it again.

As to whether that's how WvW is "supposed" or "designed" to be played, I'd disagree; the implementation of the Ruins of Power seems like the application of the Scarlet Invasions applied to the WvW mode; give players a ton of simultaneous objectives in different places and a zerg becomes wildly inefficient. Farmers aside, it took hours to figure out that zerging the invasions would only result in failure, and I think that's what ArenaNet is trying to accomplish here.

That said, I don't think we're going to agree on anything in this regard so we might as well drop it. We both know where this particular discussion ends and the thread has better things to talk about than that.

I didn't even notice crude language. Not saying I heard it and ignored it; it didn't even register. I thought more people were upset at how "mean-spirited" he was.

I don't have a problem with "mean-spirited"; his comments about non-guildies leaving when the invasion began was probably the meanest thing he said, and it wasn't that bad.

Like I said, I'm probably just too used to GAF behaving, but I've never felt less "server pride" than that particular evening.

TrounceX

You're may not even be aware of it, but this comment is not-so-subtly implying that anyone who doesn't have the "24/7 WvW-or-die" mentality is lazy, against improving the way they play or is somehow playing the game wrong.

The attitude and approach of Tier 1 is completely different from the lower tiers SBI was at. I enjoyed the lower tiers because it was a much more relaxed approach and a handful of players could still accomplish goals. Not some uncoordinated, unaware band of morons pounding on a door as you imply, but a group larger than a Havok squad and smaller than a zerg, When SBI was tier 1, everything felt like a numbers game where coverage (especially overnight) trumped tactics and skill. I like hoping into WvW for a few hours to do stuff and have fun, something Tier 1 doesn't allow; sue me if that's what I think is fun.

Now, I'm not saying other people can't enjoy an ultra-competitive, bash-your-head-against-the-wall 24/7 style of play, nor are they playing it 'wrong' either. I'm just saying that's not my cup of tea and I hope that SBI doesn't get dragged into it again.

As to whether that's how WvW is "supposed" or "designed" to be played, I'd disagree; the implementation of the Ruins of Power seems like the application of the Scarlet Invasions applied to the WvW mode; give players a ton of simultaneous objectives in different places and a zerg becomes wildly inefficient. Farmers aside, it took hours to figure out that zerging the invasions would only result in failure, and I think that's what ArenaNet is trying to accomplish here.

That said, I don't think we're going to agree on anything in this regard so we might as well drop it. We both know where this particular discussion ends and the thread has better things to talk about than that.

Fair enough.

Ashodin

The attitude and approach of Tier 1 is completely different from the lower tiers SBI was at. I enjoyed the lower tiers because it was a much more relaxed approach and a handful of players could still accomplish goals. Not some uncoordinated, unaware band of morons pounding on a door as you imply, but a group larger than a Havok squad and smaller than a zerg, When SBI was tier 1, everything felt like a numbers game where coverage (especially overnight) trumped tactics and skill. I like hoping into WvW for a few hours to do stuff and have fun, something Tier 1 doesn't allow; sue me if that's what I think is fun.

I don't have a problem with "mean-spirited"; his comments about non-guildies leaving when the invasion began was probably the meanest thing he said, and it wasn't that bad.

Like I said, I'm probably just too used to GAF behaving, but I've never felt less "server pride" than that particular evening.

LIKE GREATSWORDS

WyIkb40.gif

So, uh, we were a bit busy in WvW last night.

If you see my cursor on the map, I'm at Langor Gulch, the southeast tower near Yak's Bend EB spawn. I decided to make this the GAF tower of doom. Special thanks to Kos for giving me temporary WvW claiming powers.

All the guards become level 83 veterans. The champion up top remains at 81.

I was surprised at how long it took me to upgrade this. Even applying swiftness to the supply dolyaks 80% of the time without any resistance from YB this upgrade still took hours. I'm probably half way to the Yak Slapper achievement. I'm never doing this again. But the reactions from the SBI early birds to the entire WvW map were priceless.

Four people from the EVOH guild also fully upgraded the YB keep, including a waypoint:
The keep's fortified walls were key to stopping two separate massive YB golem rushes earlier this morning. I was having too much fun tossing mortars and catapult boulders from my tower.

methane47

Update:

So last time i posted, i complained about the difficulty of AC Story Mode.
So since then i tried it a couple more times and it was MUCH MUCH Easier. It IS possible i had crap gear. At the pace I was leveling it was really hard to keep up with gear that was better than i already had equipped.

Katoki

I once heard some one say that WvW was our raid level content in which we had to improve on a personal level in terms of gear, skill, reaction time, and awareness and that stuff while also being able to communicate and work with a group.

While I understand the notion of whatever a person does is what they make it, due to the need for man power in doing things it's much more difficult to just pull a handful of people to "have fun" if they're not at least ready for guerrilla tactics at this point because the other end will steam roll purely on coincidental numbers. Additionally with the game's development focus seeming to be a bit of everything at whatever time we see it, the players have turned the mode into their own. There was never anything explicitly saying this mode was to be played this way or that, that's why.

Retro

Update:

So last time i posted, i complained about the difficulty of AC Story Mode.
So since then i tried it a couple more times and it was MUCH MUCH Easier. It IS possible i had crap gear. At the pace I was leveling it was really hard to keep up with gear that was better than i already had equipped.

It wasn't your gear, AC Story Mode was definitely the hardest story mode of the game, even harder than some Explorable modes. It underwent a pretty massive revamp along with the rest of AC a while ago, to the point where 5 80s in exotics kind of feels like cheating.

I don't mind since it's the first dungeon, and story mode is intended to be the introduction to that dungeon overall. Still, it feels bad to just stomp some of those bosses now.

Sophia

I like AC's story mode for the most part now. It's the perfect introduction difficulty. Just a shame you have to be level 30 to experience it. Or have a gorup of 80s power you through it.

Retro

I like AC's story mode for the most part now. It's the perfect introduction difficulty. Just a shame you have to be level 30 to experience it. Or have a gorup of 80s power you through it.

I would love it if they lowered AC down to 20, or introduced a new dungeon in another starter zone at around that level. Since there's scaling, it wouldn't really be frowned upon by the high level players, and explorable modes can always be built to be tougher.

Ashodin

You should open a pizzeria with a fantasy theme, with great swords displayed on the walls. That'd pretty much cover all of your bases, wouldn't it?

You could call it the "Pizza Pit" too.
JUWnj.gif

I could do a kickstarter for it. I would make millions.

Well. Looks like there are updated leaked notes out there.

Sophia

I would love it if they lowered AC down to 20, or introduced a new dungeon in another starter zone at around that level. Since there's scaling, it wouldn't really be frowned upon by the high level players, and explorable modes can always be built to be tougher.

Level 15 or 20 seems to be about the ideal level to start, and the dungeons go every ten levels until 70. Maybe a new mini dungeon at level 10/15 to ease players in, bump AC down to 20/25, and a new dungeon to replace AC?

Pft, we get up to like 650+ on wvwvw this round.

The best part of facing Borlis Pass in WvW is seeing them make every excuse in the book when they lose and then watching them highlight every tiny victory as monumentous strokes of genius play and strategy. www.borlis.org brings me a lot of entertainment. Other servers don't have such colorful forums :(

Katoki

Pft, we get up to like 650+ on wvwvw this round.

Do you at least get those moments when their keep or garrison wall is down and you and your WvW oriented guild have that small gap to get inside while a billion arrows blot out the sun anywhere remotely close to that opening?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It wasn't your gear, AC Story Mode was definitely the hardest story mode of the game, even harder than some Explorable modes. It underwent a pretty massive revamp along with the rest of AC a while ago, to the point where 5 80s in exotics kind of feels like cheating.

I don't mind since it's the first dungeon, and story mode is intended to be the introduction to that dungeon overall. Still, it feels bad to just stomp some of those bosses now.

Nah he posted having done it for the first time, very recently. Dungeons do punish you for not having gear roughly at your level, even if it's not the best tier.

leng jai

Most of the dungeons are a joke now difficulty wise. They weren't even that hard to begin with and it's kinda depressing that the likes of Subject Alpha are useless now.

Arkanius

About WvW:

I like the idea of ANet trying to split the Zerg. Right now, WvW is about trains coliding with each other and watching which side dies less, it's down to that. And it's this way, because the mechanics of assaulting keeps and capturing them doesn't work with a 5 man team. Or 10, or 15. You need lots of firepower.
As such, Guerilla warfare is completly out until something changes. It would be fun if a small team could jump the walls, like infiltration and try to kill the guild lord. It would force to split the zerg into small squads protecting the areas around the small keeps

Arkanius

Level 15 or 20 seems to be about the ideal level to start, and the dungeons go every ten levels until 70. Maybe a new mini dungeon at level 10/15 to ease players in, bump AC down to 20/25, and a new dungeon to replace AC?

Asura starting zone is missing a dungeon. It could be a nice spot for a dungeon

jersoc

About WvW:

I like the idea of ANet trying to split the Zerg. Right now, WvW is about trains coliding with each other and watching which side dies less, it's down to that. And it's this way, because the mechanics of assaulting keeps and capturing them doesn't work with a 5 man team. Or 10, or 15. You need lots of firepower.
As such, Guerilla warfare is completly out until something changes. It would be fun if a small team could jump the walls, like infiltration and try to kill the guild lord. It would force to split the zerg into small squads protecting the areas around the small keeps

been saying this for months. wvw needs more ways to help out than just capturing stuff. of course holding stuff has gotten better from what I can see.

also lfg: they could launch the system for everyone if they wanted. they just aren't. if they don't have scalable servers something is wrong. there will be hiccups regardless. players who can't access just won't ever know, but not accessing it is another problem just like having it down.

like i said, i understand it. it doesnt make it less annoying. unless this is like quick 24-48 hour thing. but fuck off if you make it a week or more.

Wah. I took advantage of the sale to buy a 10th character slot. I think I may have a problem.

We (my tiny 4 person guild of only family members) did our first fractal yesterday with three 80s (one in terribad gear) and one upscaled level 30. Lots of fun.

Proven

They posted recently that rewards/incentives for defense are going to stay shitty until they solve the basic unit problem of dolyak defense rewards being easily botted. Sigh.

And if they switched to making attacking/infiltrating keeps too easy, then it may have the opposite effect of having people becoming too terribly bored of staying inside and patrolling/defending, so zerg trains end up existing anyway because they're still profitable.

Sneak/Speedy attacks are already how you take a keep anyway. You bring the massive numbers because the enemy can catch up to you extremely quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom