• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uh, we were a bit busy in WvW last night.

If you see my cursor on the map, I'm at Langor Gulch, the southeast tower near Yak's Bend EB spawn. I decided to make this the GAF tower of doom. Special thanks to Kos for giving me temporary WvW claiming powers.

I don't know what happen to Yaks this week. think the kids that WvW is in school because the last time we faced SBI we had no problems with you guys, this week we don't have numbers, last week was the first full week of school and we got destroyed also...

No
But do you want to?

World 2-2 is worse that sticking nails in your eyes

SAB was fun the first time around, this time it's all about making money they want you to buy that unlimited coin, after blowing all the continue coins i had i gave up on SAB and none of the new skins even peek my interest.

Luigi87

Finished SAB World 1 Trib.
Not even sure I want to bother with W2 Trib... I don't have the Inf. Coin.

In regards to transfer to SBI, as much as I'd like to run WvW with GAF (which means I could run WvW period <_<), I'm thinking I should at least stick with TC until Season 1 starts, just... you know, based on rewards (assuming I finish the meta) >_>

Shiokazu

oh man, thats right, newteq is about to rise tomorrow.

i wonder if he'll be mobile, 'd like to see mobile dragons rampaging the zerg like a BAWSS

Lunar15

What's there to post? I mean we've already seen the fight and there's not much more.

They "revamped" a bunch of other bosses too, but we still have no idea what that means, if it means anything significant at all.

I'm fine with being pleasantly surprised. I don't really like reading previews.

Ceres

Banned
When is GAF going to do taco? I'm working until 11 pm this week (8 server time) but might be able to get on while working if I work the end part of my shift from home.

hythloday

Too quiet today.

Come one MMORPG, GW2Hub, post something about the update.

The previews will probably show up tomorrow when the press embargo ends. Last update, one of the sites posted their detailed preview early on a Monday, so I doubt it will happen again. I forget which site it was, but they said they didn't mean to break the embargo and that Anet had given them the wrong date.

Teggy

I missed SAB the first time around but have been playing it this time because I like to collect minis. Managed to get through World 1 and felt it was pretty fair even though I was cursing it at times.

Managed to get through World 2-1 (and miraculously got the raft achievement) and then tried 2-2. Was expecting hell based on the reputation and was not disappointed. Made it maybe halfway through and ran out of coins. Watched a run on YouTube - screw that, I am not bothering.

I read the dev's blog post, and I hope if they do a World 3 as planned they allow you to skip World 2 (unlike World 2, which requires World 1 completion), because I am not touching World 2 again.

Shiokazu

what do you guys think of making a event this sunday?

belchor's bluff championship? if i manage to savage, i plan on putting my platinum doubloon on the table.

any interested?

Retro

Borderlands Bloodlust in WvW: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/borderlands-bloodlust-in-world-vs-world/

Capturing and holding these Ruins of Power is the key to acquiring the potent Borderlands Bloodlust buff for your world. Ruins are unique locations with great new art, and each one has its own flavor. You&#8217;ll find cannon sites at each ruin that can be built by the team that controls the ruins and used to defend against enemy invaders. The sites have been set up to force strategic gameplay and to split forces. You might be able to capture one or even two with a large group, but can you capture and hold three before someone takes one of them back?

The terrain is brand-new and is going to introduce lots of fun ways to ambush the unwary or escape from a pitched battle.

There are five total ruins and any world that can capture and hold three of the five ruins for two minutes will earn one rank of Borderlands Bloodlust. This buff gives a 50 point increase to all stats, healing power, and condition damage. On top of that, every enemy you kill with a finisher will award your world one point per stack of Bloodlust, up to a maximum of three points &#8211; this means that you can help turn the tide of battle in your favor by finishing your enemies up close and in person! Only one finisher per kill counts towards this value and only players that are worth WXP will be award points.

Once a team has captured at least three of the five ruins, a countdown will begin. If you can continue to hold three or more ruins for the two minute span you will earn the Borderlands Bloodlust buff for everyone on your world while they are in WvW. The buff remains yours until another world is able to claim it by capturing and holding three ruins themselves. However, these capture points slowly decay if a team doesn&#8217;t leave someone guarding the area. This means that to earn the buff, you will not only have to coordinate across locations but also continue to guard the areas you hold.

When there's a herd of nerds,
in your neighborhood.
Who ya gonna call?
Zerg buster.

Gotta defend em, and everyone will want them, but unless you're stomping enemies 24/7 you're not going to generate a ton of points on these alone. As with the Scarlet Invasions, they're making zergs ineffective by making more objectives than can possibly be controlled by a single or even multiple zergs. Also, gotta love that the world points requires a finisher; no more burning down downed opponents on the fly, you've gotta go in there and do it yourself if you want those points.

That first quote, about a large group sweeping through a bunch of the Ruins but being unable to lock them down before people start picking them off? That gives me flashbacks to Arathi Basin where the Alliance Zerg would just do loops around the map while the Horde just took everything back the minute they cleared out. Anyone who played Battlegrounds in WoW knows how effective zergs were there... It feels like a 5-man might be too small to lock down and defend these targets, but a whole zerg is going to be wasting their time when they have juicier targets with actual PPT to worry about.

Lunar15

Interesting to see how it will pan out. I'm sure new issues will arise, but as long as it's fun, I'm down to check it out. My fear is that servers are going to be nitpicky about who is defending the ruins. If they're that big of an impact, I can just see commanders getting uppity about who does what and when. The smaller the group, the bigger the responsibility. The larger the impact, the more that responsibility is scrutinized.

Ultimately, I'm positive on the idea. One of the problems with WvW is that it boiled down to too few activities. If this freshens up the amount of stuff I can choose to do while still helping out, then that will strengthen the mode.

Retro

If they're that big of an impact, I can just see commanders getting uppity about who does what and when. The smaller the group, the bigger the responsibility. The larger the impact, the more that responsibility is scrutinized.

They don't sound like they'll have enormous impact (they certainly won't skew the PPT as much as, say, holding a lot of actual fortifications), but it's definitely something that benefits whichever world holds them. If the commanders don't want to break off part of their zerg to hold them, or can't be bothered to coordinate, then they've no right to get 'uppity' when free agents want to capture them, regardless of how responsible they are.

Shiokazu

Interesting to see how it will pan out. I'm sure new issues will arise, but as long as it's fun, I'm down to check it out. My fear is that servers are going to be nitpicky about who is defending the ruins. If they're that big of an impact, I can just see commanders getting uppity about who does what and when. The smaller the group, the bigger the responsibility. The larger the impact, the more that responsibility is scrutinized.

Ultimately, I'm positive on the idea. One of the problems with WvW is that it boiled down to too few activities. If this freshens up the amount of stuff I can choose to do while still helping out, then that will strengthen the mode.

never played WVW but, my view of it is of less players bashing players and more capture and defend points.

if it requires GREAT PVP skills, i'll end up in being just one in the zerg.

Lunar15

never played WVW but, my view of it is of less players bashing players and more capture and defend points.

if it requires GREAT PVP skills, i'll end up in being just one in the zerg.

On the whole, it does not. It's definitely a numbers/spread game. Generally it's about macro tactics over individual tactics, I doubt this will change too much with bloodlust, but I could see small teams of very experienced "ruin defenders" crop up here and there.

Shiokazu

On the whole, it does not. It's definitely a numbers/spread game. Generally it's about macro tactics over individual tactics, I doubt this will change too much with bloodlust, but I could see small teams of very experienced "ruin defenders" crop up here and there.

then im in, oh man cant wait to join you guys in WvW.

Retro

Obviously we'll have to see how it all shakes out, but I feel like the goal is similar in spirit to Ascended weapons; there was a gap between Exotics and Legendary, so a new tier was added. With the Ruins, it feels like they saw a gap between Zerg and Havok and developed something new that neither can really do, either because they're too small or because it's a poor target for a large group that could be better used elsewhere.

We'll have to see what happens, because as well as ArenaNet designs it and as good their intentions, this is an MMO and the path of least resistance is always going to trump whatever their plans might be.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
what do you guys think of making a event this sunday?

belchor's bluff championship? if i manage to savage, i plan on putting my platinum doubloon on the table.

any interested?
An event this sunday sounds good to me, but I dunno about the logistics of a belcher's bluff tournament. I think everybody would need to have all the belcher's bluff stuff done plus the item that lets you challenge others, right?

A+single+grain+of+rice+can+tip+the+scale+One+man+may+be+the+difference+between+victory+and+defeat.jpg

WvW most definitely requires PVP skills, just group-oriented ones. You will likely utilize a completely different set of skills to compliment your group's chance of victory. a single well-placed Veil (a Mesmer skill that has hilariously rare benefits in any other mode) can mean the difference between one group winning and one group losing.

Shiokazu

An event this sunday sounds good to me, but I dunno about the logistics of a belcher's bluff tournament. I think everybody would need to have all the belcher's bluff stuff done plus the item that lets you challenge others, right?

ah, yes, the other skills that you get from the masters.

AND THE BELCHER'S BLUFF KIT, theres an infinite for it but it costs a fucking ton. not worthy at at all...

i shall think about it better.

oh crap, doublepost. i hope i dont get ban.

markot

Banned
OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDD....

wvwvwvw is so boring this week >_< We literally control everything in Australian peak time so theres nothing at all to do.......

Its sad cause its rank 7,8,9 so youd think it would be more competitive.... last week was more fun and we were up against 2 and 4 >.<

Remfin

OH MY GOOOOODDDDDDD....

wvwvwvw is so boring this week >_< We literally control everything in Australian peak time so theres nothing at all to do.......

Its sad cause its rank 7,8,9 so youd think it would be more competitive.... last week was more fun and we were up against 2 and 4 >.<
Everyone is probably too busy tanking

Proven

My only worry about the Bloodlust Buff is that it might be too hard to take from another server. Just taking back or neutralizing one point should remove the buff from the enemy team, just like how doing the same thing during the two minute timer prevents it from activating. The way it is now, it might be too easy to hold a buff.

I wrote this on the official forums:

I can’t speak for everyone here if they knew about entering painstaking passwords in old video games with a D-Pad and/or Joystick back in the old days, but Super Adventure Box could greatly benefit with such a feature for saving where you left off with the modern keyboard.

The password system would generate a code after you’ve left the Super Adventure Box without completing the level (It could simply be mailed to the player). The code would contain the necessary information for which checkpoints were completed, which baubles were picked up, enemies/bosses killed, hidden rooms exposed, etc.

I’ve cracked password generators for old video games before, and I was able to find passwords from the internet/usenet days; however, with (what I’m assuming we have) hidden account IDs and Character IDs, it wouldn’t be all too hard to encrypt these passwords to be character specific and prevent cheaters from passing over their near-complete saves to others.

With the said, there could be other neat passwords hidden throughout the Super Adventure Box, such as unlocking a Sound and Music Menu to listen to the music and sound effect in SAB without going to that specific level.

What do you guys think about this Old School solution?

It would be nice to see some of your comments there too to negate the trolls and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom