• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrophis

First couple of minutes of the fight I couldn't hit anything. Then I realised I had my gs equipped ><

Perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever done in the game.

Shiokazu

you know... im not feeling happy, had a terrible day.

im going to give all that's left of me today in tonight's fight.

gimli-axe-cursed-item.jpg

Retro

Some screenshots from the trailer to oogle;
Not sure if this is just a pretty angle or the dungeon has some vertical aspects. Considering the Aetherblade Retreat had vertical sections, it wouldn't surprise me if they have some here;
ta1qhjmc.jpg

Large pools of oil are set ablaze, looks like a boss fight will use flammable materials as a mechanic;
ta3p0ktp.jpg

Aetherblade training room?
ta4v9jlq.jpg

The Nightmare Tree (the current TA boss) appears to be shackled to a platform with some mechanical touches (note the arm, shoulder and tendrils):
ta2ucq4z.jpg

ta5prdpl.jpg

Hard to say if it's a new dungeon or TA revamp.

That's the best part. It's not like AC where they're just changing up the bosses and trash; it looks like they might keep the basic framework of TA , but completely chopped up with a base built into it.

Arkanius

Revamp, Colin has said that they were going to tie the LS into the dungeons and this is the first one. Though this is more scrap it and start over than a revamp and horee sheet I wants it.

Revamp?
Ahwww man. What happens to the achievements of people who still haven't completed the paths of the old version?

Levyne

Banned
I'm gonna miss the old TA. The bosses are for the most part, well balanced and wreck people who aren't prepared, melt to people who are.

Jira

Revamp?
Ahwww man. What happens to the achievements of people who still haven't completed the paths of the old version?

It seems highly like they've redone the entire story mode too. They'd have to honestly considering this looks like a complete scrapping of the old dungeon and starting over. So they could just move the achievements over.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You guys didn't ween? Sorry I wasn't there to help!

Now I dunno if I should stick around to embrace the next attempt or do wuvwuv reset things!
Wings of Sunless isn't an infinite skin like Zenith rewards?
Well shit
Nothing besides the achievement rewards are like that. Kinda prolly for the best. I love the Zenith skins but they are certainly eeeeeeverywhere.

GAFGuild management, please check thread on the officer forum.

Katoki

Oh my god. I get to finish using my birthday booster because this week is another karma train week... assuming the people in those servers are still for purposely dropping into the silver league.

Sounds like SBI beat it again, good job guys!

We beat it, but could not have been any closer to defeat than we were. The timer literally hit 0:00, then the chests spawned. And the DPS group was nearly wiped at the end. One person, 1 attack just may have been the difference. That was so intense. I hope they do something like this with other world bosses in the future.

I wish I had recorded it, or had taken screenshots. They'll surface soon enough.

Got to be part of Ehmry Bay server first Tec kill. Such a great experience.

It feels great doesn't it?

Both times SBI beat it, it was in the 7pm central window. It will be interesting to see if the weekends can get it done earlier, or later. I expect that window tomorrow should be our best effort yet.

Taking on the champ spider in Gendarren Hills without drawing aggro:

Love me some 3 iBerserkers. By having at least one out at all times the champ was perma-crippled and I hardly had to dodge.

Not sure why the spider and trees are low texture quality; made me double-check my settings.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alright guys:

First Tequatl attack after reset (Sat 9/21), we're taking him down. That's 8:00PMEDT, 5:00PM Server time. Get in early to be able to ferry people... and bring your wits.

Levyne

Banned
Did some BG teq kills late into the night.

Some things I noticed.

1.) They stock the WHOLE dps group with ice bows before the initial landing. Everyone gets a free skill 4 shot on Teq at the crucial beginning. Note that its best to do this after the first shockwave/fear.

2.) They stack in a slightly closer spot where both turret sets can hit. Not objectively better, just different.

3.) They use Fire Elemental Powder and Deployable Mortar Kit consumables during the stun phase. Once there was literally 10 seconds between battery defense phases since so much damage was done during the stuns. There were a fuck-ton of mortars in one particular go.

Edit:

lrRbqN2.jpg

:)

Man, the forums are hilarious. I was checking out a BLTC bug I was having when I found a post complaining that the trading post was "not a priority".

So here's the list of things that are "not a priority" according to the forums:

WvWvW
SPvP
BLTC
Rangers
Engineers
Thieves
Warriors
Necromancers
Mesmers
Elementalists
Guardians
World PvE
Dungeons
Class balance
Bugs
Crafting

So. Basically the whole game :p

I wonder what they think ArenaNet are doing?

I was just reading through this thread on the subreddit and let me just say I'm so, so, so glad that [GAF] is so casual that it doesn't give a damn about 100% repping or spamming map chat with advertisements. We cull inactives when we're close to cap (and let them right back in if they ask) and we're not assholes; that's about it.

Hedge

I wonder if - in the TA LS - we will begin to uncover stuff about the husks and corrupted oakhearts?

If Anet's answer to this question is "Scarlet did it" I'll cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom